• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you like the Poké Pelago?

• Yes

Votes: 83 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I've never used it or didn't fully level it up.

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

I heard a comment in a youtube video saying the pelago was terrible. I'd like to know what the general consensus is. Did you like it? did you think it could have been better?

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokepelago.shtml

Here's a quick recap on the Pelago

Island 1: Abeens

*collect poke beans for speeding up all of the other islands, attracting wild pokemon to Isle Abeens, or for using in Refresh.
*Obtain certain wild pokemon with varying levels and abilities

Island 2: Aplenny

*convenient and simple place to grow berries. You don't have to trek across Alola to harvest berries, you don't have to mess with water or fertilizer, and you can speed up their growth with beans.

Island 3: Aphun

*easy way to collect random items for selling or evolving pokemon. Able to speed up the process with beans.

Island 4: Evelup

*easy way to level and EV train your pokemon. Just put them in for a set number of seesions and easily get the exact number of EV's or experience you need. able to speed up the process with beans.

Island 5: Avue

*easy method of hatching eggs and raising friendship

Personally, I think the Pelago was a great addition to the games. Evelup, Avue and Aplenny are very useful and I use them constantly. The only changes I would make would be to increase the variety of pokemon that can join you in Abeens and maybe make Aphun have more courses with less items, but with a more specific theme for the items in each course.

Last edited:

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Honestly, I think Poké Pelago is one of the best features added in Pokémon. I really like how it uses the Pokémon in your PC box, so you don't feel guilty of leaving them stuck there forever.

The berry one is amazing because you don't have to go flying around the region to grow berries. The cave one is nice for evolution stones or ways of getting more money if you need it. The EV one allows you to either level up your Pokémon or get specific EVs, which is really nice, especially if you're a busy person. The spring one is useful for hatching eggs when you are not playing.

I wouldn't mind seeing this feature come back. The tools it provides is quite convenient.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
It rocked. So many useful things combined into one adequately sized package.

I don't think there's much else to say aside from that. :3

Kalosian

So long
Do I like it? No. Because I love it. Probably my favorite feature from S/M.

I really like the idea of getting things done in the games even when you are not playing them, or you can just play the games and do things while Pelago is doing other things for you. Farming Poke Beans is never bad since they are useful for Refresh and to speed up progress in the other areas. Growing Berries? Self-explanatory. 18 is a good enough number for Berry trees. Finding items on a daily basis is again, very useful and never bad, especially rare items like evolution stones, shards or valuable things like Nuggets and Pearls. EV-training might be slower than using SOS chains, but I feel that it is a whole lot more convenient, especially if you are not planning to max out a certain stat. Finally, raising happiness is also very useful when you need it.

So yeah, I think Pelago is fantastic. A great addition to the games, probably one of the best ones. I hope it will stay in US/UM (and future generations too, but that's very unlikely) because it rocks.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I used it quite a lot and it's certainly useful. To say I enjoy it though? Nah, not really. Pelago is merely a means to me to advance in the game, it's not a goal in itself.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
As someone who only caught up with Pelago just recently (I have owned the games several days before the official release date!), I must say, Pelago is a really great addition that helps you with all those side-activities like Berry growing, finding valuable treasure, leveling up Pokémon etc. It makes Pokémon in your PC Boxes not as useless anymore, which is a great and welcome thing in itself. I highly recommend this place for everyone, it's amazing!

My only complaint is that even if you fully upgrade all isles, the time needed for each activity (mainly Berry growing and Cave exploring) still remains the same. It should have been lowered.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
It was decent. It was nice to see the boxed pokemon with something to do (and even bring you presents), and to grow berries without the usual run-around. Using it for training reasons didn't appeal a lot to me though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Poke Pelago was a convenient feature for growing berries I guess, but to me it felt like Sun and Moon's most boring feature. It was trendy for like a week in my opinion, but then I lost interest and didn't bother with it.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
im not crazy about pelago but i really like it alot for its usefulness in the easy berry growing and (slow) leveling up feature.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Poke Pelago is definitely one of my favourite Sun/Moon features. Now, I don't use the Evelup or Avue islands (prefer to do things like EV training and egg hatching on my own), but I use the other three islands a lot and find them very useful.

Isle Abeens is a great source of Poke Beans. I've collected so many I'm usually at or near the max amount now, so I never worry about running out.
Isle Aplenny is very convenient for berry growing. I like that I don't have to worry about watering my plants anymore and how the beans can speed up the growing process. I've been able to grow and harvest 100+ of each berry for those reasons.
Isle Aphun is useful for item collecting. It's been a great source of evolution stones and high-selling items like Nuggets.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I really enjoy Poke Pelago. It's just such a handy thing to have and I really hope they bring it back and possibly expand on it in USUM and future games. It made EV training such a breeze which was good for me as I don't like EV training in SM. With Pelago I can put them in and let them get their EVs while I breed more Pokemon or I'm at work. It also helps me get exact IV spreads which would be much more difficult otherwise.

I don't use the hatching Isle much unless I have extra eggs after a breeding project and just can't be bothered hatching them, but I use all the other Isles. Isle Evelup is definitely my favourite.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
I leveled every Pelago isle to lvl 3 in a week, first it seemed useful, but in all its passivity it just became boring. I just felt Pokemon was more of an adventure when you had to actually fly somewhere to grow your berries (ORAS), found it faster to EV train my pack of mons through horde encounters and playing mini games in Pokemon Amie also covered gain of evolutionary stones - not to mention the old mini games were fun! The hot bath is nice feature in Pelago, but my eggs hatch faster than I receive new ones so... bleh.

I do enjoy the Pelago, as it makes a lot of things less time consuming.

Now I'll admit that I'm not really a big fan of Evelup or Avue, since I find it much faster to use SOS battles or Bouncy houses in the Festival Plaza for EV training, and ev reducing berries for friendship. And I have 2 Rare Kitchens for leveling up.

However, some of my friends say they enjoy these two particular facilities in the Poke Pelago because of their crazy work hours. They will often put a Pokemon in the particular facility, go to work, and when work is done their Pokemon has gotten the boosts. For someone without a lot of time on their hands, this helps a lot.

What would have been nice in Isle Abeens though is if the Pokemon who showed up to be recruited had rare moves and/or an HA, similar to the Dream World in BW 1 and 2. Otherwise there is no real incentive to recruiting any of the Pokemon that show up there. For example, Gastly and Magnemite are Pokemon you can get in the Pelago once you reach Akala. But...Gastly and Magnemite can be caught really early in the game (Magnemite in the grass outside the trainers school, Gastly in the cemetery), so why bother recruiting them in Poke Pelago? Do they have their HA? Do they have egg moves? Super rare moves that they normally can't learn? That was the letdown for me. Isle Abeens had the potential to be the DW all over again without the player needing to go online and play a mini game.

Isle Aplenny lets you get maximum berry growth without having to water your berries every couple of hours. I enjoy that. I also don't need to use any Mulch's. One thing that would have been cool though is if you could mutate berries again like you could in Kalos, but that's juts nitpicking.

Isle Aphun is my favorite out of all the facilities in Poke Pelago. You simply choose a path, drop some beans into the cart, and go on about your business. Later in the day, you can get those rare items that you sought out. With Isle Aphun, you never have to worry about having the right evolution stone for a particular Pokemon or money. This is also useful for grinding shards for Bottle Caps.

So overall, Poke Pelago is really great in conjunction with Festival Plaza. The games aren't as tedious with these facilities.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
I found it was ok and fitted fairly well into the game- I haven't used everything but there's definite uses to it.

*The beans island is just what it says- not really needed any of the pokemon who've shown up, though not having to use a dusk stone to get a Mismagius is useful.

*The berry island is actually pretty good, I've never liked having to run around to water plants in any of the other games so having a passively-cared-for farm is nice

*The mining island is great, but I don't think it's as good as super training in that you can't specifically aim for certain evolution stones. I've had to boost the speed for a few days at a time just to get ice or dawn stones, but aside from that it gives a good amount of stones for each run. Haven't really used it for much else than that lol

*I didn't think I was ever going to use the EV island... SOS battles are so much faster, but then you have the problem of getting a bunch of exp when maybe you want to keep the pokemon at a low level. I had to do this to set up two teams I wanted at lv 5, even though it took a few days. Haven't used the leveling feature, seems way too small a boost for 20 mins =/

*Haven't used the hatching island, I just hatch eggs normally since it's faster. I haven't used it for happiness either, growing a bunch of the EV berries and blasting through them seemed so much more efficient for how much you get per plant

So yeah it seems pretty good, maybe a few tweaks like shortening the waiting time more or having the different beans speed it to different levels rather than just changing the duration. Overall it's a nice feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.