• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you like using Seals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I personally liked them a lot,the special animation was just too good to ignore.However,the fact you had to remove them every time you deposited your Pokemon or left them in the Day-Care was annoying.Despite this,I still think they shouldn't have removed them in Generation V.
Your thoughts?What were your favorite Seals?

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
I think much the same way as you, it was really fun to make the perfect seals pattern for your favorite Pokémon, but I did hate how you had to remove them, which really made me stop.
Personally, I liked the fire and star seals, but I remember making this gorgeous seal pattern of flower petals everywhere for my Shaymin.

Kalosian

So long
I did like using them to some extent. They made battles a slight bit cooler and less graphically stale, but just like you both, I didn't like the fact that you had to remove them every time you wanted to deposit the Pokemon in question to the PC. I used seals for my in-game teams (in D/P/P at least, can't remember about HG/SS but I don't really think I used them there) while playing through the games but stopped using them during the post-game as I had to switch around the Pokemon I was carrying often and I either forgot about the seals by that point or just didn't bother with them anymore. Like a lot of other features, I didn't miss them in future generations. If they should return in the future, I would love to see them improve them in a way so that you don't have to remove them every time you deposit the Pokemon they are attached to. Not sure if I have any favorite seals, though I do remember that I thought some of the petal seals looked quite cool.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Honestly, aside from using Seals a few times when I first played through Diamond/Pearl, I didn't care for them. I hated having to remove the Ball Capsules when storing my Pokemon and the gimmick was pretty boring in my opinion.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I usually stick the Foamy Seals to my Water Pokemon's Ball Capsules,Flora Seals on Grass-types,orange Fire Seals on Fire-types,blue Fire Seals on Dragon-types,and Ele-Seals on my Electric-types.THe most appealing to me are Foamy and Fire Seals.

PikaSnap

Joan Ranger
Yes! Seals were a great customization feature! They made me feel more connected to my Pokemon somehow, like my Pokemon were more unique, if that makes sense... But yes it was super frustrating to have to remove them for PC deposits, etc. I tried to collect as many as possible as well! They need to bring them back!

Aquarelle

Staff member
I liked the concept of seals a lot and had some enjoyment using them. Decorating Ball Capsules was pretty fun and I liked coming up with my own designs. I remember using the Star Seals a lot and the Alphabet Seals were fun for making messages (and swear words lol).

However, I did not use seals nearly as much as other game features and the last time I used them was several years ago iirc. Like other people mentioned, having to remove the Ball Capsules before depositing the Pokemon into the PC was annoying. I swap my party around quite often and I just couldn't be bothered to remove the capsules every time, so I stopped using them pretty much. If you didn't have to remove them (or if I wasn't so lazy), then I would've used Seals much more.

mimejr.james

< The one and only
I really liked the idea of Seals. It made Pokéballs more customizable, even if it was a bit limited. Though I have to admit I only used Seals on my starter Pokémon lol (I was biased towards them back then). I do hope they would implement Seals again sometime in the future, I'd like to see how they would look like in 3D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.