• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you prefer the anime or the games?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Pretty simple just rate each generation on which you preferred the best, I'm not personally counting remakes but go nuts

For me
OS anime>RBY
OS anime (Johto)<GSC
AG>RSE
DP>=DPPt So I like both with a slight preference towards DP
BW anime>BW games
BW anime<<<<<BW2
XY anime<XY games
SM anime=SM games
SM anime>=USUSM same as DP

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I might get kicked out of the fandom for this, but I pretty much prefer all of the games over their anime counterpart except for gen 1. I never actually go to play gen 1 games but I did play FireRed and Lets Go Pikachu and even though I enjoy Lets Go, I just find the Kanto region to be boring and plain in the games and OS Kanto is more interesting to me.

Sham

I might get kicked out of the fandom for this, but I pretty much prefer all of the games over their anime counterpart except for gen 1. I never actually go to play gen 1 games but I did play FireRed and Lets Go Pikachu and even though I enjoy Lets Go, I just find the Kanto region to be boring and plain in the games and OS Kanto is more interesting to me.
Idk getting through Hoenn felt like a struggle to me and I had to force my way through and despite my ranking I kinda felt that was about USUM. Both games got boring, especially Hoenn real quick; remake and original.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Idk getting through Hoenn felt like a struggle to me and I had to force my way through and despite my ranking I kinda felt that was about USUM. Both games got boring, especially Hoenn real quick; remake and original.

I honestly cant relate :/ I replayed Emerald like 500 times. I loved the Hoenn region and the pokemon but I didnt really care for the SM games because I prefer the region set up over the island set up, I didnt care for Rotom dex and I prefer gyms over trials but I do like the plot. I did find the XY games to be kind of boring but they were so visually pleasing.

Sham

I honestly cant relate :/ I replayed Emerald like 500 times. I loved the Hoenn region and the pokemon but I didnt really care for the SM games because I prefer the region set up over the island set up, I didnt care for Rotom dex and I prefer gyms over trials but I do like the plot. I did find the XY games to be kind of boring but they were so visually pleasing.
I thought Kalos was the best region with the third best music. I still hum Lumiose city sometimes. I liked Sun and Moon for mostly Lillie and the Aether family and I thought it brought back that difficulty in Pokemon that's been lacking since DP.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Gen I:
Anime > games

Gen II:
Anime = games (this is nostalgia talking I grew up with this one)

Gen III:

Anime > games

Gen IV:
Ahahahahaha...
Games >>>>>>>>> anime

Gen V:

Games > anime

Gen VI:

Anime >= games

Gen VII:

SM > anime > USM

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The games because you had a choice in which of the 2 protagonists you want to play as except RBY not to mention how you want to customize your perfect team. In the anime everyone are toned down except Ash not to mention everything in the battles are scripted whether we like it or not.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I find the games easily better than the anime. Everything in the games, from it's characters, to the region, to the themes, to both the big and small stories just feel so connected whereas the anime feels more like a bloated take on the games. Similar to the Adventures manga, I suppose for this thread's case, it's all about whether you prefer a more connected world (the games) vs. a more open world (the anime). However, I will admit, I do actually think the XYZ anime is ten times better than the games, including how the world feels much more connected.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
Anime by a long shot.
I was never into the games much, the last game I completed was platinum.
Didn't finish, Black, X and Sun.
In Gen 7 I don't really have a preference, but the games were infinitely better as far as I saw the story.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The last time I played a Pokemon game was like 8 years ago on an emulator playing Emerald

Obviously the anime.
A man of class indeed. Anyways

Gen 1: Anime
Gen 2: Games
Gen 3: Games
Gen 4: Games (mostly due to lore)
Gen 5: Games
Gen 6: Anime
Gen 7: About equal

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Gen 1: Anime > Games
Gen 2: Anime > Games (by default since I never played GSC)
Gen 3: Anime < Games
Gen 4: Anime < Games
Gen 5: Anime <<< Games
Gen 6: Anime = Games
Gen 7: Anime < Games

Alola Adventurer

Gen 3: Anime
Gen 4: Anime
Gen 5: B1W1/B2W2/BW Season 1/Early BW Season 2 >>>>> Mid BWS2 onward
Gen 7: Anime

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Gen 3: Games( if AG had better TA/TM then anime, since it doesn't; games)
Gen 4: Tie, maybe anime edges is out
Gen 5: Games
Gen 7: Games without a question.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Gen 1:
Anime > Games

Gen 2:
Games > Anime

Gen 3:
Anime > Games

Gen 4:
Anime = Games

Gen 5:
Games >>>>> Anime

Gen 6:
Anime > Games

Gen 7:
Anime = Games

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Gen 1: Anime > Games but both are fun to come back to once in awhile

Gen 2: Both suck lol

Gen 3: Anime> Games (FRLG & BF are equal tho)

Gen 4 anime=games. Peak of the franchise

Gen 5: Games>anime

Gen 6: Games=anime (as controversial as some of this generation’s aspects were, this was a fun time being a Pokèmon fan)

Gen 7: Games>anime