• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you pretend you were Pokémon/trainers when you were little with your friends?

Missingno
Heck yeah! We even got yelled at by the Yard Duties! (teachers in charge of keeping order during lunch) Because we used this orange cone as a pokemon but someone else wanted to use it as a hurdle and we got into a fight! Well, we didn't start punching, but we chased this guy several times around the yard.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
Yes, me and my friends would. But most of the time we would want to be Pokemon and would pretend to fight each other on the playground. We also had double battles, Pokemon vs DBZ characters. It was awesome.

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
Oh my god yes!!! In the summers my sister and I loved to have water type pokemon battles!!! We'd pretend to be pokemon calling out the moves and then actually do them. For example, I was usually Totodile so it would go like this. "Totodile, use Water Gun!!!" -Gets water in mouth and squirts at sister's face- God it was awesome!!!

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
I used to catch little bugs and pretend they were Pokemon. My brother also painted an egg with Pichu colours and told me it was going to hatch. Then my dad stepped on it and I cried. So that was about as close as I got.

That story made me want to go DAWWWWWWWWWWW

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I did, once. I stuck Pokeball replicas in my belt and walked around like Ash. I felt silly.

Z-man

Pokemon equality!!!
Yea I did. There was a point were me and my friend tried to LOOK for Pokemon, not knowing they were fake. My friend's closed up his PokeHeart now, But I still play, watch, and talk about Pokemon. Plus, one of my other friends always asks me questions about pokemon, so yea

richm88

shiny hunter
When me and my litle bro were younger back when gen 1 was all the rage we used to pretend to be pokemon and fight eachother out in the back garden, I was near enough always machamp so I could beat the crap out of him
imagine trying to be a magikarp

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I had an ongoing RPG with my cousin. I was Tracey Morgan, he was Chase Tang. Anyone who's read my fanfiction will find those names very familiar. We were the most popular trainers ever - he was always dating girls and I was steadily involved with gym leader Sabrina. We had just hit puberty.

Hallah

*Electric Zaps
(Ignore this and read the lower one i accidently double posted)

Last edited:

Hallah

*Electric Zaps
@guywhoiam

with me its the same. we grab plushes and do it. (i have to admit, i still buy plushes for that)

tayetayetv1

Sigh i still do it but on a slow night i wrote a full book on the hoenn region about me starting my pokemon journey like the manga and games i gave my charecter a counter part in my book his name is Taye and his Game counter part name is grey im cool

loganmedwards

I didn't pretend I was a pokemon trainer, I WAS a pokemon trainer. At least in my young mind I was lol. Those were the best times.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I did. I always was the strongest one (and my friends agreed with me; I frequently kicked their butts when we had linked battles), always getting the best Pokemon, and my friends and I would become the 5 rulers of the Pokemon world (similar to how the Pokemon League works).

The Oncoming Storm

I went to jared
my friend and I took it to a whole new level. We would ride around his neighborhood on bikes and act like it was joht/kanto. It was awesome. My trusty dragonite and his supreme charizard! ****ing magical times.