1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Did you replay the intro to get the hero you wanted?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by The_Black_Mamba, Jan 22, 2012.

1. The_Black_Mamba

The_Black_Mamba Well-Known Member

As we know with the mysterious into into Pokemon mystery dungeon games involves answering sets of questions.

My question is did you go through the torture of the questions to get the hero you wanted, or did you stick with what it picked?

Personally I played through the intro over an over again.

2. floatzel98

floatzel98 → s o a r i n g

The second time i played through my EoT i did but otherwise i always go with what i get.

3. Master Leo

Master Leo The Dark Side

i always replay the intro unless i get the hero i want on the first try

4. Scaldaver

Scaldaver Limitless

Last time I tetried til I got turtwig, and then got vulpix (which is the best companion with willowhisp and confuse ray

5. Aegon

Aegon _

Yes, I always do it in Mystery Dungeon games until I get the hero I desire. I prefer to play as a Pokémon I like.

6. munchlaxboy

munchlaxboy Catching up on XY

I always take what I get it. If the game feels that that Pokemon is me, I'm cool with it.

I was a Bulbasaur in the first one, and a Totodile in the second one.

7. AmbipomMaster

AmbipomMaster #TeamInstinct

No. I always like what they give me (last time I was cyndaquil with my partner as Treecko)

8. Griff4815

Griff4815 No. 1 Grovyle Fan

No. I got Treecko, the one I wanted, each time.

9. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

No. I did not care what Pokemon I got on my games, so I just answered all the questions honestly and took whatever I got (ended up with Bulbasaur on Blue and Turtwig on Darkness).

But if another PMD game ever comes out, I would consider trying to get a specific Pokemon, mostly because I don't want to use another Grass type as the hero.

10. Spacial

Spacial procrastination

on my first time i restarted three times to get chimchar, and on my second time i did it once, got riolu, and since i really like riolu i stuck with it

11. Haymez

Haymez Rock Solid

I did like 37 times trying to get Treecko.

12. Squiddly Dee

Squiddly Dee ∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

I played through the opening over and over again, maybe about 60+ times in EoS to see if I could get Riolu, but then I found out that it was only for guys... XD

13. Phoopes

Phoopes There it is.

No... I look online at what answers to choose to get my prefered hero.

14. J-star

J-star Dynamic Entry!

I do it over usually on my second or more playthrough, but I sometimes just stick with what I get. I remember doing it over and over so I could get a Torchic I think it was

15. Rain Dance

Rain Dance It's Raining Again..

Back before Sky was released, yes i would to get a Piplup.

Now I just go with what i'm always gives on Sky: Vulpix with my Partner as a Piplup.

16. Darth Sabreus

Darth Sabreus Want to get a soda?

I did a couple of times to see what Pokemon I would get. But then I did what Aquarelle did and answer honestly. What was cool was how accurate the game was when describing the nature to me.

17. Eternalserenity

Eternalserenity Wanderer

Yep. Cause there's no way in a planetary paralysis that I'd choose anything other than Mudkip.

18. Shade2000

Shade2000 Shade in Shades

On time and blue rescue team no
    On sky and darkness yes
    I didn't do it on time and blue because I got decent Pokemon the first time I tried
    Piplup on time and Mudkip on blue
    On darkness I did it like ten times and then for bored so I settled with chimchar
    On sky I first got bulbasaur and shifted in the sofa and my ds lite ran outta battery
    Then I got chimchar and was ok with that but I accidentally took the game card out
    The third time I got shinx, celebrated, dropped my ds on the floor and it froze
    The last time I got Pikachu I was so delighted but I stayed calm and stuck with that
    The first md game I got was sky

19. Angeltripper

Angeltripper ♥ Ace ♥

yesh cause I wanted munchlax :3

20. Shade2000

Shade2000 Shade in Shades

I recently restarted darkness, for no reason and I decided I would see what 6 results I got as a female and the same for male. Then I decided on which I liked best and it was female cyndaquil because it was the most like me. Then I replayed the opening thing 20+ times to get it again!