• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you replay the intro to get the hero you wanted?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Water types would kill them both, what do you use against them?

Ever heard of getting third members on your team? Like Elektrike or Mareep?

Icing Sugar

I got Squirtle on my first try, and I kept it because I like it <3

diakyu

I had to replay the intro because I always get Skitty. I can't win if I play as Skitty.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
I got Charmander, and I was OK with that, so I just stuck with that.

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
First playthrough I got Totodile and I stuck with him. But now every time I play it I tend to do the questions over and over again until I get someone I like.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Get what I take.

Shadow XD001

No, I did reset a few times on both EOD and EOS.

If you're that desperate for a certain Pokémon you can't get, then you could look up the personality test. You'll probably have to lie, but it's a video game. :p

SonicSceptile

Elite Strategist
Replayed SOOOO many times to get what I wanted in EOT. I wanted a Charmander, like I had in Blue Rescue Team, so I could pretend that the second one was like the kid of my character from BRT. I was really happy when I started EOS and got Shinx first try. Shinx + Riolu = AWESOME.

Seriously hope they make Zorua a starter in the new one. Then I can make my upcoming fanfic team without getting rid of the first two characters. Also hope they keep Riolu as a starter.

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Oh, I restarted several times. It's not even funny.
In fact, I know which personality traits correspond to which Pokemon for both male and female (though I know female better).
Seriously.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Oh, I just kept going till I got Mudkip. I Found a chart somewhere that shows you what to do to get a certain starter. I can't find it as of yet though.

Mainly the reason I kept going to get a Mudkip was because Mudkip gave me the best advantage to beat the game. If I got a grass type, I would have been destroyed.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I didn't because it seemed like a waste of time. I just started playing the game (Explorers of Darkness) and I was lucky enough to get the hero Pokemon that I wanted all along (Piplup).

Rakurai

No.

Because I never found the games difficult enough to warrant picking a certain starter, nor did I have any preference back then.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I responded "natually" during my first playthrough on Red Rescue Team (I still can't believe that I got Eevee without even trying :D), but forced my own starter choice on the games ever since, even in PMD 2 and Sky.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I don't give up until I get the Pokemon I want so I often have to suffer watching the intro more than ten times. So the answer to this question is yes...