• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you see any cheaters?

PokeMaster366

So I've been hearing a few people recently go on about the hacked pokemon they saw at VGCs, so I thought about this: Post what kind of hacked pokemon you saw whenever you played, whether it was in VGCs, the RM, or Smogon Matches.

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
I didn't think any hacked pokemon could get into tournaments. I was told that if the tournament officials found anything hacked in your game (including items) they would disqualify you, and erase your game's memory. Is that true?

I used an AR code to get items (cause you only get one leftovers in-game. ONE!). The only other thing I did with it was change some of the IVs of my pokemon that I transferred over from 4th gen games, but only because I can't figure out how to RNG in them (In 5th gen games I can RNG easily, except Entralink pokemon).

Thats why I avoid tournaments. I don't want to take the chance of my game being erased and all the hours I have spent training wasted.

PokeMaster366

^ Some people just too foolish to play by the rules. You actually have some people that manage to get by the hack checkers by using more subtle cheats such as, for example, setting the battle to where all their moves do the maximum amount of damage while all your moves do the minimum amount. I also heard about some kid at VGCs going against someone who used a Rough Skin Garchomp.

P.S. I don't think they'll go as far as to erase your whole game if it's hacked, but I'm not sure. Maybe you can ask about that in the "Ask a Question" Sticky Thread.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I didn't think any hacked pokemon could get into tournaments. I was told that if the tournament officials found anything hacked in your game (including items) they would disqualify you, and erase your game's memory. Is that true?

I used an AR code to get items (cause you only get one leftovers in-game. ONE!). The only other thing I did with it was change some of the IVs of my pokemon that I transferred over from 4th gen games, but only because I can't figure out how to RNG in them (In 5th gen games I can RNG easily, except Entralink pokemon).

Thats why I avoid tournaments. I don't want to take the chance of my game being erased and all the hours I have spent training wasted.

No, they don't erase your game, but they do ban you from all and any future tournaments (including the one you're in), if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT:
^ Some people just too foolish to play by the rules. You actually have some people that manage to get by the hack checkers by using more subtle cheats such as, for example, setting the battle to where all their moves do the maximum amount of damage while all your moves do the minimum amount. I also heard about some kid at VGCs going against someone who used a Rough Skin Garchomp.
How do they not catch that? @__@

PokeMaster366

^ The watchers are not omniscient. They can't catch everything in that huge crowd of viewers and competitors. The judgement is up to the trainer in most cases.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I have seen shiny starters in masterballs in RMs before. Of course, they tend to be not that skilled of battlers. I don't really have a problem with hacking for items (so long as they exist in-game) or cloning, but I do believe you should get your pokes through legal means.

In the AF I don't recall seeing any obvious hackers. I did see a few shiny Tornaduses/Thunduruses, which makes me suspicious because I know they are really difficult to RNG, assuming they had great IVs and we not SRed. IDK if you can use pokecheked mons (thanks to a weird way I use to connect my DS I can't use it).

Eranu™

Someone used a magikarp against me with No Guard and Sheer Ice/Horn Drill.
Pretty obvious he hacked it.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I remember Seeing a Wondertomb being used in a battle along with Majikarps with THUNDER Then there were the salamances that had no Intimadate or starters in masterballs.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer

Lol they don't have the authority to erase your game, but as previously stated you won't be invited back to any new Tournaments. I've always been nervous about that because I like to make use of the GTS distributions (especially those with some RNG exploitation), and I'm not quite sure what Nintendo's policy is when it comes to clones like that. Clearly they're all legitimate (as possible) though, which is why I have no issue with them.

complete legitimacy

pack that fudge
So I've been hearing a few people recently go on about the hacked pokemon they saw at VGCs, so I thought about this: Post what kind of hacked pokemon you saw whenever you played, whether it was in VGCs, the RM, or Smogon Matches.

Lol you can't hack Smogon, at least that I know of. Even if you can, why would you? You can already get everything possible in the game.

WolfSpirit456

I have seen shiny starters in masterballs in RMs before. Of course, they tend to be not that skilled of battlers. I don't really have a problem with hacking for items (so long as they exist in-game) or cloning, but I do believe you should get your pokes through legal means.
agreed. I battled someone using a Pokemon like that, only it was a Jellicent. -_-

Phoopes

There it is.
One of my friends hacks, and he has lots of illegit Pokemon that have been subsequently traded to me. My favorite is Magikarp with No Guard, infinite PP Horn Drill, and Quick Claw that activates 100% of the time. Epic derpiness there. However, I don't really use the ones with hacked movesets, and I don't have Wi-Fi so I can't do tournaments.

Gundam Leafeon

P.S. I don't think they'll go as far as to erase your whole game if it's hacked, but I'm not sure. Maybe you can ask about that in the "Ask a Question" Sticky Thread.

That was me who caught the rough skin garchomp. The judges don't physically check your game for hack checks unless someone calls a hack check. So as a trainer its your job to keep an eye out for suspect pokemon. The easiest ways to spot a hacked pokemon would be if that pokemon uses a move it can't learn or if its unreleased dw ability goes off at some point during the battle.