• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you try catching the dead marowak?

DID YOU?

• yes

Votes: 316 90.3%
  • no

Votes: 34 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramses

King of the World
Yeah, when I was first playing FireRed (I didn't grow up in the RBY generation) I tried. I wanted to raise a Cubone anyway, so I tried to catch it. I ended up still raising a Cubone.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
Yes, I tried and failed.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I lost count how many times i tried doing it in Yellow when I didn't know it wasn't meant to be caught. Of course when I started playing FRLG I tried catching her for shits and giggles ;)

PokemonCrystal

Elite Om Nom Nom
yeah i tried but then i was sad because i wasted a pokeball lol...i also feel bad for the people who might have thrown a masterball on purpous or accidentally and didnt realise that you didnt get it back

pinkchomby

The Heir of Space
Man i so wanted a marowak! i was so bummed when i couldnt get it... now my starter id lv66 and my back up is a lv60 marowak. still training. on fr, btw.

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
Marowak is one of my favorite Pokemon, one of the few Pokemon I know with a handheld weapon. Of course I tried, but alas it was in vain :( You can't catch whats already dead it seems.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Yes, that would've been an awesome addition to my team.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Lol, that brings back memories XD. I weakened it and tried to catch it the first time around. I was a little upset at first, but after some thought, it made sense why I couldn't. It was a ghost, ghosts can't be captured. She needed to be laid to rest. I remember feeling sorry for her, though.

(I don't really consider Ghost types "dead", btw.)

Larry

I probably have a couple times as I had forgotten you can't catch it.

MechaDrago

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Yeah, I remember getting really upset at not being able to catch it.
I was such an emotional kid though, I think I actually cried. :c

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Yeah... I did in Fire Red and Leaf Green too...

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Yeah.....oh I tried so hard XD
A "friend" of mine told me if you caught it you could revive all the dead pokemon in the tower and use them against the E4 LOL
Funny thing is, I believed him X,D

EVERY kid tried at one point or another, to this day even though I know you can't everytime i restart my game I try, with thathope that the game will mess up and let me have it

Sprintking

Of course I did. Once. I remember just using pokedolls after that because I didn't want to fight it for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.