• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you try catching the dead marowak?

DID YOU?

• yes

Votes: 316 90.3%
  • no

Votes: 34 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Thats sort of hard to believe.

Mr Spaz

Loading title. Please wait.
I tried. They wouldn't let me. But I did catch one of those "ghosts" It ended up being a gastly

vedil

I do liek mudkipz.
Of course I did. I was like "Oh, it's a fully evolved pokemon on a nice level and I like Marowak!" but was very disappointed when I realised I can't catch it. :/

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Of course I did. I was like "Oh, it's a fully evolved pokemon on a nice level and I like Marowak!" but was very disappointed when I realised I can't catch it. :/

funny how we all felt that way though i still tried when FRLG came out thinking it was just a glitch. Then I read what happened to it and i started throwing pokeballs out of sympathy

flygonabsol99

I tried in front of my cousin. It was like "Ready Ima catch marowak" *throws pokeball* *misses* me: "aw what?" cousin :"dumby"

wow, and to think I tried again in FRLG

silverwolf922

U lieks Oshawott
I tried on my sisters Blue. Even when it was a ghost sprite. I was ticked, not because I really wanted a Marowak, but because I had actually completely failed to catch a Pokémon. When I got Yellow, I didn't even try to catch the Marowak, and I managed to catch two Cubone, one to trade for the Machoke in the Underground passage entrance by Cerulean City, and one to keep for myself. Thank god for the guide book I got, or I would have tried to catch that Marowak again.

ToeyJoey

The Count
I tried the first time, just because it was a new Pokémon I hadn't yet caught but I was only little. Never again, I have too much respect now.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Yup. Also when I found out you could throw a Pokedoll at it I did that and managed to skip the entire of the Game Corner Team Rocket base, though in the end it was pointless because it just resulted in less xp. I know that worked in Red and Blue but does it work in Yellow?

xDWarrior

I tried and was SO bummed when I couldn't. I also tried to catch the ghosts before you had the SILPH Scope.

Dr. Classy

Only RN with a PhD
Yeah boy... Its a ghost pokemon... it might been Ghost ground, if that would be allowed, though it probably would have brought you bad luck and freak you the hell out at night.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
lol i don't want to catch her. let her rest in peace!

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
I tried to because I thought she was so awesome, and I wanted to help her feel better but I quickly learned it was a fruitless endeavor.

redsky

Ninja
I tried to since I had not seen a Marowak before then and it was a new pokemon to capture.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I threw a pokeball at it, but I already knew I couldn't catch it, I just wanted to see what happens, like how the other trainers would scold you if threw a pokeball at their pokemon.

so... yes and no

I did try to catch the regular ghost before having the scope, I didn't know if it would work, but it was worth a try, pokeballs are pretty cheap.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I did indeed. I thought it would have been so cool to have a powerful fully evolved pokemon. Something to use other than my starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.