• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you use the Pokewalker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
When you purchased HG/SS, the games came with the Pokewalker, which is an accessory that would let you take one of your Pokemon with you when you're not playing the games and kind of walk around with them.

What are your thoughts on the Pokewalker? Did you end up using this at all?

I used mine, though not too often since I ended up losing it, but I did use it a few times. The Pokewalker was a nice idea; it gave us a way to bring our Pokemon out of the game. :p

lilcipher

bi & ready 2 di
I did all the time! I had a favorite Raticate that I had on it, but then I forgot all about it as I got older and only recently did I find it with the battery dead. I gotta replace the battery sometime and see if it still works.

Kalosian

So long
I didn't use it much. For SoulSilver, I used it for about a week while playing through the game. I found it to be rather complicated and time-consuming to send your Pokemon to and from the Pokewalker, and as I was rather burnt out on Pokemon during that time, I had very little motivation to use it in general. I never used it in HeartGold. The Pokewalker could probably have been fun to use, but I just had no motivation to use it for anything, it didn't feel rewarding enough. If I had been using it, I would probably have taken it with me on my daily walks. I can't say I miss it in any games past HG/SS.

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
I used it when I first got Heartgold back in 2011 and I kept getting Pidgeys while using it and I had a Pidgey in-game so I just gave up on using it

Aquarelle

Staff member
I used it a few times just to try it out, but that was pretty much it. I know I sent a Magikarp or something over to it once. Don't remember if I ever sent any Pokemon/items from it to my HGSS games, though.
I just wasn't that interested in using it more than that, plus my sister and I frequently misplaced ours (think I might've seen one sitting around somewhere a few days ago...)

PikaSnap

Joan Ranger
I actually have mine in my pocket right now!!! I use mine everyday to track my steps! Not so much to collect Pokemon and items anymore. I tried and tried but could never seem to catch the 'Self-destruct' Munchlax on the Winner's Path route. Surprisingly, I've only had to replace the battery twice since I bought it in 2010.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I used my Pokewalker for a few weeks when I bought SoulSilver back in 2010, tho I only used it cuz I wanted to find a flying Pikachu in the Yellow Forest area hee hee. Eventually I gave up using it however and its battery died within a few months. :[

Alloutℯ

Banned
I still have my Pokewalker, but I no longer use it since it's battery died and I couldn't replace it. The thing that sucks is that I had a Lv. 100 Typhlosion in it that I didn't get to remove, so it's lost forever.

McKnight

The PokeWalker was one of my favorite features of HGSS back when I played SoulSilver, whenever I either needed to kill time or would do something that involved a lot of moving around. Last route I unlocked before wrapping things up was Scary Cave, and I have made a point of integrating it into my own story Unwilling Service (formerly Parasitic Trio).

PikaSnap

Joan Ranger
In response to my previous comment in this thread…I caught the 'Self-destruct' Munchlax on the Winner's Path route last night!! After all these years! Yayy!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I used to use the Pokéwalker quite regularly and enjoyed it as an exercising tool. The batteries have ran out several times already and now, I don't use it anymore.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I wore it to school everyday, and waited until lunch break to check on the Pokémon I sent to it. The battery's long dead though, died before I even got anything rare or decent.

Last edited:

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
I used it quite a bit. Many of my friends in 1st year university had it, so we could swap info easily. I also got to bring my boy Quagsire with me everywherr too! The item collection was a nice bonus too. Can't remember if I ever got anything too good out of it though. Congrats to Pikasnap on perservering to get the Self Destruct Munchlax!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Yes but when I reset my SS and HG games, I forgot to erase the PokeWalker info and so I can't use them now....

I used mine once or twice, but it seemed like such a wasteful device since collecting steps was a hassle if you weren't constantly active.

Cat's Eye Draco

I never used mine, mostly because I wasn't quite sure what it was or what it was supposed to do, and I wasn't really interested in it enough to experiment and try it out. I'm pretty sure I still have it around somewhere, though...

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
I always used mine. It was a fantastic part of my life. The batteries were a pain to find though: it took two months for me to track one down in B&Q. One time, I took it to the beach, and it got filled with sand, but it still worked after I took it apart, rebuilt it, and took out the sand. Luckily.

ZilverLox

Banned
I had one that I used frequently for searching for Flying Pikachu's in the Yellow Forest, though when B/W came out in the U.S., I stopped using the PokeWalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.