• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you use your Elemental Monkey?

What is your favorite Elemental Monkey?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnighteclipse

I didn't, I prefer Jellicent to Simipour, Chandelure to Simisear and pretty much every Unova Grass type to Simisage.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
Ya,I used my Simisage throughout the storyline that I received as a gift.Actually,It is very special to me as it helped me kill Alder's Druddigon when it had killed my 2 Pokemon already with Ourage and no one in my team had Ice or Dragon Attack.

Simisage@Miracle Seed
-Seed Bomb(STAB)
-Dig(Coverage against Fire/Poison and deal some damage to Steel)
-Rock Slide(Coverage against Fire/Flying/Bug/Ice)
-Shadow Claw(Just because I don't like Status moves and It didn't have a good movepool)

Then,I used a Simisage in my next Grass monotype playthrough.But this one was caught in Pinwheel Forest.Though I later replaced him(and all others Unova Pokemon) for non-Unova Pokemons for post-Team Plasma part.But I evolved this one very late to get Crunch as a move.

Simisage@Bright Powder
-Seed Bomb(STAB)
-Dig(Coverage against Fire/Poison and deal some damage to Steel)
-Rock Slide(Coverage against Fire/Flying/Bug/Ice)
-Crunch(Just I felt like having it)

G50

No longer posting
I used the Elemental Monkeys for all of my run-throughs of the games. I've actually used all three of them for each of the starter run-throughs instead of just the one given away in the Dreamyard.

Earthia100

I used my Simisage a lot! He's super reliable and I wouldn't be able to get through the E4 without him! He wiped out half of N's team when we got to that point and works great with my Excadrill on the battle subway. One of my favorite grass types ever! <3

candyson

Ultimate Sceptile
i didn't use my pansear except for gym 1 where it failed and hm cut
btw- they take forever to level up

Larry

Every time I've played through Black and White I've used the elemental monkey. I found Simisage to be the best and Simisear the worst.

Shelxio

I used Simisear in my playthrough of Black and Simisage in White. Overall Sage did me more good. :p

orochi

i used the elemental monkeys for the first gym battle, but after that it didnt seem to fit my style:( but i do like theyre design:)

HueYol

Trainer Plz
Yes and no. I traded my panpour on the GTS for a pansear because I thought the early fire types were quite shabby.

Mike Jushiro

Yea, to me the monkeys were not attractive at al (and pokemon has really burned out monkeys), Straight to the box for me!

I swear, Game Freak, give monkeys a rest, no more! There are millions of animals in the animal kingdom to use as reference, as a petition, no more monkeys!

S/D/J

I used Simisage on my first playthrough, but I haven't used the other 2, I dislike their designs, especially Simipour. (It looks way too feminine)

I used Panpour, even in the E4. Mostly he was just a Pokemon for surf, but he doubled up as my counter to fire types.

Slap Bass♪

Oom pah pah.
Initially I did. As the game progressed I found more useful pokemon. XD

Raptor737

Mage of Void
Nope. I absolutely hate Simisear and Pansear just wasn't worth keeping in my team. I only used Pansear for the first gym battle and then stuck him in the PC.

I really dislike using the monkeys. There are a lot better Pokemon that can be obtained just a little further into the game. I didn't really see a use for mine, it was boxed after a terrible battle it gave in the first gym.

Neyon

Calico Sheep
I don't care too much for fire types, and since I'm going for a Bug team (the taste of suicide is oh so sweet to me), he just didn't fit in. Even before I started going for the Bug team, Fire just didn't fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.