• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you use your Elemental Monkey?

What is your favorite Elemental Monkey?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StingrayKurt

Never used them, too weak and I'm not to fond of their designs.

I had my simisage with me,but i traded it for a leafeon :D

Champion Cynthia108

Sinnoh's Champion
I left it in the day care.

I'm gonna owe them so much money for my level 100 Simisage...

Rinni

Hero of the Storm
I think I was gifted with Pansage... I only used the monkey to help me pass the first gym then it gradually collected dust in the PC Box. I like Pansear the most out of them, but not enough to use them in a team.

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
I used Simipour, but only because good Water-types (even though I hated them) were lacking in Gen 5. It was replaced by a Ludicolo I got from the Dream World.

Unredemption

Only for the first Gym Leader, when I couldn't be bothered to get my team (especially my starter) to a high enough level. Otherwise, there are often better choices, though the monkeys' stats are decent and well-balanced.

Cressy

I don't use mine. I never really liked the monkeys.

FallBird

My first run I used my Pansear, and I really liked it... but then I evolved it.
See, I was trying extra hard not to look at the pokemon before it got released because I wanted it to be a surprise, so I had no idea that when Pansear evolves, it gets a beer belly.
And evolving it didn't even make it more useful to the team either. x_x I think I dropped it right at the elite four in favor of Heatmor haha.

Absoltastic

Pokemon Video Maker
I loved my Simisage, and it became a huge part of my Black team.
Simipour on White, on the other hand.... I still used it and trained it against the Elite 4 on my journey, but it was not really a helpful asset in any way besides Surfing.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yes, I've kept my Pansear and evolved him I believe prior to battling Skyla. I wanted a Fire-type, and I didn't really want to use Darumaka or Litwak. I wanted to try and stay away from rather popular choices from what I have seen/guessed.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Nah, they were really annoying and didn't have a great moveset. I got past the first gym, realized how horrible it was, and then boxed it. That's about it.

Pyroli

Banned
Yes, it actually ended up making it onto my final team as my water type (I had Snivy as a starter so I got Panpour.)
It was extremely useful in battles with Cheren.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
On one particular playthrough of Black, I did indeed use my Pansear, Scorch...

...And he ended up being on my final team as a Simisear. I evolved him late since I wanted to get Crunch, but he held his own okay even then. I haven't actively used either of the other two, but I was recently training them on White 2 I think... I need to get back to training them, actually. They're not terrible, and they are rather cute.

Flamer

Yeah, my Simisear's been pretty much a regular in the team since I got him. He's fallen behind the rest a bit level wise, (low 50s compared to mid-60s of the rest of the team) so he quite often gets left behind when I'm heading east or doing anything a bit challenging. But he gets slotted back in whenever I'm around the earlier routes and with a couple of reasonably high PP moves does a good job at sweeping away all those pesky low level Pokemon, (I'm too cheap to go buying loads of repels)

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
No, since using Pansear (picked Oshawott), that still didn't save me from an asskicking from Cilan. That monkey is just...terrible.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I used Pansage in my first playthrough but next time round after the first gym, he want straight into the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.