• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you use your Elemental Monkey?

What is your favorite Elemental Monkey?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealotic

The answer is no, because they look... I don,t know how to describe, but you'll understand that I didn't like them. I ust used simisear to beat the first gym and that's all.

Odin VI

i didnt like any of them, they just looked unattractive to me, maby if they had a 3rd evolution i would of thought about it.

besides who needs an elemental monkey when you have Infernape :p

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
I didn't really like any of the elemental monkeys at first. Simisage just looks horrendous to me. ;__; But after I beat Pokemon Black, I came to really like Simipour and Simisear. It turns out, they're very useful for me in battle at times! XD

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
I did but when I was at the 5th gym I just putted it in my pc.

aquriomaster

Hyori Hasama
No he just sits there along with MM fails

NitroLightningFlash

My vote goes to Simisear; he's my favorite monkey being Fire type and all xD

In Pokemon Black (my main version) i never used him (except for the first gym) when i began with Oshawott though as there was another Fire type Pokemon i liked more, plus he got KO'd too easily (though it could of been the nature) and Incinerate was just underwhelming x.x''

In Pokemon White i started with Tepig and got Pansage and for some reason he was better; that being said i still didn't stick with him though and replaced him with Petilil.

Panpour was pretty good though (on one of my first playthrough's) and i can say she was the best out of the monkey's i've trained, even HM wise, but i still didn't keep her (used the fossil turtle instead-can't remember it's name though).

I had to restart Black though so i may be willing to give Pansear another chance as i know more about natures and things now than back then.

Last edited:
I absolutely despise all three of these pokemon. Terrible looking. Terrible playing. I didnt use any of them after the first gym. I ditched pansear for darumakka.

I like them all and their evolutions.

For the game, I started with Snivy and got Panpour, along the way I caught the other tree, after a while I started to leave them behind as I caught my favorite Pokemon along the way. Got rid of Panpour after I got Minccino (then got rid of it later too) first, then Pansage after I caught Emolga, and finally Pansear evolved it to Simisear but got rid of it after I caught Mienfoo.

For the 3 they were very useful during the game, but my favorite Pokemon take their place. At times I substitute of my favorite Pokemon for one of the 3 monkeys to use in a battle. I don't want to just abandon them.

Vote: I voted for Simisage, to represent Pansage, as he is my favorite of the three thanks to Cilan (my favorite Pokemon of his).

woogfroo

I actually thought the monkeys were kind of cute! At least their first forms. The evolutions were all kind of bleh. I especially liked the Water one.
Since I started with Tepig in White 1, I ended up with the Grass one.
I tried to use it--I mean REALLY tried. But I ended up replacing it out of pity pretty soon after it repeatedly got its *** handed to it, battle after battle.

Colt45

Cobalt
yes I did, and I liked him alot, but I replaced Simisear with Zekrom before the battle with N :/

Ausgirl

Briefly during the first gym and then it was dumped in a pc box soon afterwards. They're pretty crap anyway and I'm not too fussed on their designs.

Canada

Banned
I used it once, which was Pansage. The other times no, I didn't even bother to take one.

ThrowTheBricks

Brick Thrower Mike
When i first played through, when it came out, i DID NOT even talk to the girl. Was low on hp from the other battles, and though she was a trainer.....Come to find out on the internet SHE WOULD GIVE ME A PANPOUR. >:U

Canada

Banned
When i first played through, when it came out, i DID NOT even talk to the girl. Was low on hp from the other battles, and though she was a trainer.....Come to find out on the internet SHE WOULD GIVE ME A PANPOUR. >:U

haha lol. i thought the same thing but I talked to her anyway the first time

although i find beating the first gym easy even without the monkey

Aquanova

I used the monkey for the first gym battle since it's sort of difficult without it, but they I put it in the PC, since there are Pokemon I like more and are better.

Arekeon

Electric trainer
In black i used my pansear and never evolved it through the whole game and white 2 i didnt use a single pokemon from unova but my pansear is one of my best pokemon on my fire team

Status
Not open for further replies.