1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Did You Use Your Starter?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Skegs, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skegs

Skegs Well-Known Member

So the question is, "Did you use your Starter?" (Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott)
    "Did you continue to use it in the game", or "Are you still using it?"
    Also, please explain your reasoning!

2. Vulcan_Apocalypse

Vulcan_Apocalypse Reborn †

Up until after I beat the game, after that it went into the box, I havent taken it out in the 550-some hours since I finished the game.

3. Trinimaster.

Trinimaster. Well-Known Member

I always use my starters even after beating the elite four until they reach their max level

4. Lady Umbreon

Lady Umbreon Library lurker

Yes. I always build my story team around my starter.

5. TeamRocketGrunt

TeamRocketGrunt WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo

Yes but not after E-1337

6. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

I always use my starter throughout the game. It's the best of it's type you will receive until much later in the game and it's also one of the first Pokemon I see for the game so even if I disliked them at first, I'll have gotten over it by the time the game comes out.

7. Whimsicotton

Whimsicotton Well-Known Member

Yep, mostly because there aren't many good water types in B&W up until later.

8. Marvs

Marvs Shinneeee!

I used my Tepig until I got to daycare where I hatched myself a shiny one then continued with him! :) I usually always keep with my starter though.

9. SouthParkPikachu

SouthParkPikachu Cartman <3

In white version i stuck to Samurott until he was level 71 but I really don't know why...
    In black version I have my Surperior which is nicknamed Kyle and is at level 70.

10. 2rsa

2rsa Shiny Hunter

Yup.I always use my starters every where.:)

11. Blue Astra

Blue Astra Icy blue

In any Pokemon game I'm using my starter and keep it throughout the whole game, building the rest of my team around it, and Black is no exception to this rule. Why? First, because I like it and also because (in this case) Samurott is a quite powerful water-type.

12. RedAce♠

RedAce♠ Ace Trainer

Chose Tepig and use him through the whole game. After I beat the Elite Four (1st Round) He went straight to the PC ^^; Though I do use him time to time in the Subway, but very rarely I do.

Reasons I used him through the Game. Was the fact he was my Poke to slow down those fast little SOB in the game XD BullDoze spam all the way, then I use flame charge to really spread a gap between him and my oppnent and sweep like crazy ^^ It worked for a bit till the 2nd round of the Elite Four. Since there levels went up and he just couldn't keep up with them I guess. Though I like the BullDoze, Flame Charge Combo. It works so well. Also my Tepig also knew grass knot so he could deal with those water and ground types.

Although in past gens, I kept them though out the whole game period. They just seem to be better than the 5th Gen guys I guess...

13. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I did use my starters when playing through the storyline in the game. But once I had finished the Pokedex and my teams had reached level 80, I boxed them and haven't used them since then.

14. Shadow XD001

Shadow XD001 Silver Soul

Yup, I've used my starter (Tepig) since I chose it. I generally like having my starter on my team.

15. Aegon

Aegon _

Yes, I did use my starter (Oshawott in White and Tepig in Black) during the game. I haven't had much use for my starter after the main game, though, but I still often carry it around.

16. WaffleCopter

WaffleCopter <-- Kamehameha!!!

First time playing I kept tepig the whole game. Second time playing boxed snivy after 5th gym. 3rd time playing kept samurott whole game. And this game I ditched tepid when I got a shiny litwick

17. Celtic Origins

Celtic Origins Active Member

Used it until i bet the elite 4 then traded it away for a Celebi

18. Autis-misc

Autis-misc Abridger

I still have my serperior in my party. i haven't played white in like ever though.

19. Whimsicotton

Whimsicotton Well-Known Member

I carry my starter around post-main game mainly because they have sentimental value, I suppose? I get attached to some pokemon after using them for a while; they just seem sort of... Familiar, I guess.

20. Ansem1013

Ansem1013 4768-7457-8661

I picked Tepig and dropped it off in the box as soon as I was able to get a Darumakka at route 4. On the trip there, I neglected it and only really used it for backup while training my munna and piplup (if I used it all, can't really remember as it was about a year ago...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.