• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did You Use Your Starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used Tepig all the way through the Elite Four the first time; after that, I intended on using him but then I realized with Victini and Reshiram I had three fire-type pokemon on my team, so I switched him out and haven't taken him out of the box since.

Tiisko

I used my starters throughout the game but post-game I find I box them, especially when I migrate my old team over from a earlier gen game.

The only starter I use in Black & White is Snivy even though its considered the weakest.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
I don't get why people don't use Starters anyway. I mean, they're pretty strong, at least strong enough for in-game purposes, and they tend to be among the better-looking of pokemon.

CaptPonyholder

So the question is, "Did you use your Starter?" (Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott)
"Did you continue to use it in the game", or "Are you still using it?"
Also, please explain your reasoning!

Nnnnooooope.

I chose Oshawott because he was cute... sadly I was using Nuzlocke rules and he kinda... died.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
I usually use my starters throughout the game and postgame, even after I bring over my old teams. Though I haven't used my original blaziken starter in a long time. Btw I started out in gen III so yeah. I've only had 3 main starters (Blaziken, Empoleon, and Serperior) while I had the rest through a couple re-runs of emerald and platinum and I also have the gen one starters but I got them from Leaf Green and Fire Red so that doesn't exactly count since those are gen III games and wouldn't be considered ORIGINAL starters even though they are such in the dex and I got the Johto starters through GTS and Tepig and Oshawott through GTS.

EzzPeon

just a passerby
I did. During my first playthrough I always do this, and actually most other times as well. I chose Snivy because I liked it and I still use it occasionally as Serperior post-game.
Starters are usually strong enough for the main storyline and by the time I 'beat' the game I'm so attachted to them that I keep using them. :p

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I don't get why people don't use Starters anyway. I mean, they're pretty strong, at least strong enough for in-game purposes, and they tend to be among the better-looking of pokemon.

I use my starter when I play for the first time and everything seems fresh and wonderful but after I reset and play a few more times,I try different teams without my starter.Starters aren't that amazing>.>Except for the ones in DPPt

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Of course! And it's my strongest one.

AllyNidhogg

Double the fun!
Yes, I did. I find the starters very fun to use and they contribute to the team well. Though a run without using a starter on my team sounds fun too.

Ashiya

I'm a Chick Dude!
This is prob the first pokemon game in a long time... Were I actually picked a diff elemental pokemon than the usual type (like fire) I still use my Serperior even after finishing the game, so far it's around the 80's in level.

soundxfury

For Black/White I stopped using my starter as soon as I got my C-Gear. After that I traded over eggs of the Pokemon I wanted to use and hatched them.
I picked my starter just because I wanted to battle Cilan for the first gym haha.

For all other generations I always use my starter, but I just wasn't feeling it with these new ones.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Yeah, I used my starter pokemon, I always do. I tend to never change the team that I planned ahead, I never seem to violate from it (Well, except for the whole switching out solosis, vannilite and pidove in favor of munna, cubchoo and ducklett thing).

lidaboy

procrastina...
after i beat the game i put my emboar back in the box i migrated others and then i used that team or the remainder of my game and trained others

Necro101

I used my starter in White but, not in Black.
I am still using my serperior in White and my Oshowatt is in a box still lv 12.

RAWK ON

Last edited:

Turnip King

Bug Trainer
I used my Serperior for the story and two times post-game in the leauge. Now he's replaced by a properly EV trained Vileplume as the official grass type. Got a Feraligatr in my team tho. So there is that.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I always take my starter with me in every time I play, but idk, I felt like I had horrible luck with my team the entire game and when I beat the main story, I just about boxed all of them. Heck, I like Samurott, but mine sucked since I got a terrible nature. : ( So after it hit lvl 70, I boxed it and its been there for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.