• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did You Use Your Starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
Used Samurott all the way through on the first run through of E4, N, etc.

After beating the 'game' I used him for only a short time more, soon throwing him in my box and never taking him back out.

Sorta a habit to use the starter for first playthrough.

EptyK

Im using my lvl 59 samurott but after you beat the game they feel more shallow except for the hoenn starters but that's getting off topic.

Rarity

I love my Samurott so i stuck to using him and still do occasionally

Tommi

First time where I did not enjoy using the starters, and I placed it quickly in the pc as soon as I beat the Elite Four. In all the other generations, I used them until they were maxed out.

sozan

dumped my serperior while training for victory road, the first game i picked something other than water is the first game i didnt use my starter to the end

5sniperwolf

ToxicFlame-Breeder
just started my pokemon black game, and i pretty much like dewott (just getting to the 4th gym) its a nice water pokemon

Zijena

Collector
I've used both Samurott and Serperior in-game, Tepig is in my PC and is barely used. I still can't cope with the fact that we got yet another Fire/Fighting-type, I really was hoping for something new. Samurott is by now one of my favorite Pokés ever, I love Serperior's design but it's a bit harder to use.

I usually have my starter throughout the entire game, including post-story. It's usually the powerhouse of my team and my Samurott is no exception to this rule of mine.

NoraChu12

Darkest Trainer
I used my starter all the way through and I actually kept it a Snivy the whole time. I beat the game twio or so months ago and my Snivy is still a snivy!:)

I liked Snivy more then it's evolutions and was sure it would cause me no harm to do it that way instead of evolving it.

My Snivy's name is Jean-Marc.

Last edited:

Neyon

Calico Sheep
Nope, I dropped him after lvl 10, trained him to 36 so he'd evolve and complete more of my Pokedex after I'd beaten the game, then put him back in the box.

crazyaxew

☯☯☯
When I find a better pokemon of the same type I put it away. I chose Oshawott but I put her away when I was able to catch a Frillish.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Samurott was kinda overrated but I used him anyways :p I love using pokemon that everyone else thinks are useless or ignors them. I like using unused ones.. I thought everyone would hate the starters this gen XD hes still in my main team in spite of being an HM slave :p

Status
Not open for further replies.