• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did You Use Your Starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
I did, but I got a better Water Typre then Samurott

thetifftiff

Until I played Black I had never so much as considered dumping my starter when it comes to in game battles. When I played Black I wanted to do a mono-type run and went with bug, obviously my tepig didn't fit the criteria.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I used my Serperior in Black, but only because Black was my first game of Gen V so I didn't have another game to trade a team over. I don't use my starter anymore now that I have a better team.

In White, I dumped my starter before the second Gym since I traded a team over from Black.

G50

No longer posting
I constantly always use my starter in the run-throughs of Pokemon B&W. Unlike other games though, I use them alongside the Elemental monkies to make the game easier to go through and battling so much easier. I don't think there has ever been a time that I don't use my Starter all the way through in-game.

I had to keep my starter, Snivy, all the way through, he was the one I could rely on most, even through the Elite Four with an underpowered team, thankfully EV training him in attack was easy considering Sandile is susceptible to grass attacks, I littered Route 4 with their fainted bodies, he was the first one to receive all his EVs out of my standard team. The other half of his training was in speed, he's at Level 55 with a speed of 173 compared to my Level 58 Zekrom with a speed of 134, and my Level 57 Cobalion with a speed of 149... He's almost guaranteed to strike first even against almost all of the Level 65-75 Pokemon post-Elite Four...

Needless to say, my Serperior named Doja has been with me from the start and he will be with me at the end, and maybe his offspring will be with me at the beginning of BW2 :p

Epouvantail

the taste
I used my Oshawott my first time through White, but I've only used my starter once out of my seven runs through Black.

Alyss

everydayimshufflin:B
My starter is my main Pokémon for all of my games. The only time I didn't use my starter was in LeafGreen. My starter was Ivysaur at the time and I was training my Spearow. Somehow I became attached to it and decided to go with it instead of the Ivysaur. To give my Fearow credit it was actually a very good Pokémon.

drago0n

I used the starter in Black because he was my HM slame....samurott is an awesome HM slave, Cut, Strength, Surf, Waterfall or Dive. Although not necessary in black.

IceMage88

I'm kinda nostalgic when it comes to my starters. In-game, I always use them, always have, always will. They are always used even post game. To top it off, there are 2 levels higher than that version's legendary, who is 1 level higher than all of my other pokemon. Ya, i'm weird like this. I also don't really restart pokemon games, so I'm not sure if i'd use them the second time around or not.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Yeah I stick with my starter even after the E4. I would feel bad if I just left it on the PC if he has been the one there with me on my adventure through the region.

I carry my starter around post-main game mainly because they have sentimental value, I suppose? I get attached to some pokemon after using them for a while; they just seem sort of... Familiar, I guess.
I agree with Whimsicotton. I always kept my starter ever since I played Pokemon. (I already played Emerald, LeafGreen and Black). And I dunno but I always pick water-type starters.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Uhm, yeah. Gay Bacon is my teams powerhouse.

Spacial

procrastination
i did but then when i had beaten the game i decided i didnt want a farting pig on my team anymore cos its too slow but i still use it the occasional time

Kats28

Vulpix Trainer
I used my snivy until shortly after I beat the elite 4. I still use Serperior once in a while but I like to try train my other pokemon after I beat the elite 4.

Torpoleon

Of course. My starter is always a valuable part of my team in any of my Pokémon games.

Kaze512

I always used my starter for the entire time I am playing the game. However, I am ready to pc it for good, now that I have a Charazard and it's almost at a good level to hold its own.

The first playthrough, I used WaterOtter (forgot the real name, but not the nickname I gave him lol) but I just restarted and I ditched Tepig because I didn't feel like restarting for a good nature. With the past two gens, I'm starting to like the starters less.

Status
Not open for further replies.