• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did You Use Your Starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitsarasArcanine

Dark Trainer
So the question is, "Did you use your Starter?" (Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott)
"Did you continue to use it in the game", or "Are you still using it?"
Also, please explain your reasoning!

Nah, used it till the elite four. Now using non starter pokemons

Argylegasm

The Dictotter
Depends on the game... Blue, kept my Blastoise forever. Silver, same with Feraligatr. Sapphire, I fell in love with Swampert so yes yes yes.

Then starting in Diamond I dumped my starter. Design-wise, I wasn't (still am not) a huge fan of Empoleon, and I just didn't enjoying battling with him. The same thing happened with Samurott. I love Dewott so much (I LOVE OTTERS) but in the end, I didn't enjoy using Samurott in battle and he was eventually supplanted by my Vaporeon. I ended up boxing Samurott before the 8th gym, I believe.

NPT

Just a member
I always keep my starter in my team and use it when I need.

Last edited:

lokowoko

PokeBreeder
yea my samurott is a great hm slave =D

fairytrainer

Laverre Gym Leader
Yes, and I got him to level 99 and chose not to level him up to 100, lol. I simply just retired him.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
I always use my starter because i feel guilty if i don't, but if in X and Y there are Pokemon I can't pass up, I am considering boxing my starter

yasei

Trainer and Artist
Usually yes but this time i left him on the pc. He didnt even evolve to his final form and is just a Dewott and was remplace by kingdra

mapijs

i lvled it to 13 and from then put it away behind bars at the daycare XD
i used the bascilus that you get from a trade guy in Driftveil city. bascilus with rock head with double edge ftw ;)

jaynadsho

I once used the snivy second evolution until Elite Four.

This time, I picked Tepig and barely used it.

Tyrantrum

I've never boxed a starter unless you can count boxing my Meganium in Crystal. That was the only time I ever boxed a starter...but for Black and White, I kept my Tepig and evolved him and got him to the end of the game.

PegasusxSeiya

Shiny Hunter
Nope, certainly didn't. I only used him until I was able to get other Pokemon, so when I boxed him he was...lvl 8 I think?
I didn't like the Gen V starters, so I didn't bother using mine. I just chose Oshawott because I wanted to battle the grass triplet (I forget what his english name was in the game).

Wolfaotic

send smeargles
I used Samurott until I realized that you can catch Lantern in white 2. Then I used Lantern as my starter.
In SS I used a team of Pokemon: Feraligatr, Miltank (Moo Moo), Furret, Sentret (Shiny) and Lugia. I will always choose water and fire starters and maybe grass as well.

Golduck Is Cool

I've played through White, Black and White 2 using all three starters. I'm a big supporter of Generation 5, I love a lot of the Pokémon a lot, but in my opinion these are my least favorite starters. Samurott is probably my favorite only because I think Dewott is pretty cool, but I'll be dropping him for Jellicent, even if it makes 2 Ghost types on my team. Why did they make so many great ghost types this gen!?!?

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I've didn't used my Tepig in my White game, as I hated his last design. However, I've used Snivy on my Black, Black 2 and White 2 playthrough. I didn't bothered using him on White because I didn't find him any appealing and rather overrated. Oh well! In Black2/White 2 and when I've played Black, it was my main pokemon. Don't know why... I just feel in love with him and his evolutions.

luigiis

Luck of Penguins
I use Pokémon White2. I used Tepig just because it's evolution was better then the other starters in 5th gen (in my opinion) Though I only use him at in-game play. He's was my first level 100 in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.