• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did You Use Your Starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you use your Starter?(Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott)

Black: Oshawott
White: Tepig

Did you continue to use it in the game", or "Are you still using it?"

Yes and yes.

I very rarely ditch my starter in any game.
Only if there's something I really want to try and use, and I would have no other room on my team.

Sempiternal

Temptation
Using a starter for me, is a MUST. It would feel odd if I didnt travel with it, plus it holds memories of how far I've come throughout the journey :)

I've never been that impressed with the gen 5 starters, but yeah, I did use them (it would feel really weird not to) I usually pick snivy for I also like oshawott.

Stefan21

French IV Breeder
I have less and less used my starter throughout the game, I found my other Pokémon more effective. I kept it in my team to the league, but I have not sent him any time.

REMARCABLE

I think using a starter is a honored tradition, it's the first Pokemon you receive on your new journey into a region, It's the one who likes you most, whether he is good in battle or not

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Yes, seeing how I absolute love Snivy, Servine and Serperior. Their design is one of my favourites within the entire 'dex, and they serve as a great base for a team.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I've always used my starter in every game ever and this case is no different.

I picked Tepig for White (Always pick Fire starter in my main version) and Snivy for Black.

AwesomeGrovyle

Local Cryptid
Yep. I always use my starter. :) My Tepig (now Emboar and chose it in Black) is now level 100 and my Snivy (now Serperior and chose it on my first and current play through of White 2) is level 100 from my first play through of White 2 and my current one is level 36 and a Serperior. Better train it a lot before I get to Drayden and stuff... :|

Dresden

Pokémon Master
I used my Servine up until level 22, then just got tired of it. The in-game traded Cottonee/Whimsicott I got is just a better grass type, and I've realized I'm really not a fan of a lot of the starters (In any gen). I picked Snivy because picking the water type starter is silly when water type is already the most populous type in the game, with plenty of good Pokemon to choose from (I'm using Carracosta in this one), and I refuse on principle to use yet another fire/fighting starter. It was cool and new with Blaziken, still cool but just a rehash with Infernape, but 3 times in a row was just too much. It also feels a little cheap since it's the only dual-typed starter in Gen V.

Teebu

I always use mine in every Pokemon game i have ever had, for some reason i feel like im obliged to do so just because its my first one. In B&W i equipped my serperior with cut so i have the double the reason to keep him around.

Tyrantrum

I do in-game...not very much after I beat the game though.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
i use my starter all the time, haha. it just feels like we developed a real bond and leaving them in a PC box would be cruel. :c

yeah, i can connect with Pokemon, not humans. xD

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I use the starter during the first playthrough. After that, I end up switching it out to complete as much of the Pokedex as I could as well as EV training other Pokemon I like a little bit more than my starter. However, when I get bored, I take out my original team that I used to beat the game (including my starter) and face off the Pokemon League again. :) Oh, and sometimes I take out my starter because I think I gave it a useful HM that I need for the 'current' situation I'm in when I play the game. lol

Silicone

Poison Moth
Theyre always in my team. Serperior in White and now Emboar in White 2, which I play right now.

Serperior is awesome with Coil + Leech Seed, and Emboar has AMAZING coverage.

Might try Samurott soon, Megahorn looks cool

I chose Snivy and named him Lemon xD I loved him and used him mainly for a while, but once I got my Herdier, Zero, he kind of got replaced and Zero became my main pokemon throughout the plot of the game. Ever since I beat the E4 though, I sadly haven't used either of them much.
Now I have a whole party of like Skitty and Glaceon and other pokemon I've gotten in trades and raised/trained/whatever. But I'm guessing one day they'll be replaced too... The world of Pokemon is sad, it reminds me of Toy Story. xD

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I always use my starter in game. It's actually always one of my strongest pokemon in the team. I actually picked my first time fire starter after playing seven years. ( it's actually Typloshion)

Status
Not open for further replies.