• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did You Use Your Starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameMaster10

Gaming Guru
I always try to collect a full set of starters from trades at the very start of the game and I use them constantly, all the way up to Lv. 100

SneaselClaw

I tend to use mine until at least the Elite 4, if only for the sake of not having to train a new one I caught.
Although Emboar's feeling a lit, lackluster, at the moment. Once I'm done with Ghetsis I'll probably swap him out for a Darmanitan

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I Always uses my Starter. It doesn't feel right without it~

Though, for the first time ever, i think i might stop using it, cuz' Serperios... isn't good. Mine has 4 Grass moves, and i have no idea how to make it good... -.-

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
I always keep my starter with me for the whole game unless im breeding with them. I love my starters and they usually become my most reliable pokemon.

ForgottenPearl

I loved my Snivy as I played through the game. I didn't evolve him for a long time just because I thought he was cute. ^_^ Although grass types are weak against a lot of different types, I still found him useful: I'd often use leech seed and giga drain to keep him going for a long time. I can't say I played the game much after I made it through the main story, so I don't know if I'd keep using my Serperior or not... even if he's cool-looking.

Sillybeans

I like to limit myself a little when playing games. I Switch out my starter early on (level 11 on diamond & level 9 on Ruby for Shinx/Ralts). Also I Don't use legendarys either... got all but Dialga (whos level 50) at their captured level... Roar of time was just to much fun :p

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
yes, i used my samurott all the way through the game and still use her now after i have trained her to lv100, my reason being because she was my starter and i used her all the way through the game because you have to use them towards the start of the game which gets them some levels hen they learn some good moves and then i cant stop using them because theyre level thirty!

Crimson101

Cooler Than Red
Yes I always use my starter. Even when I don't I just can't get rid of them in the game. They always end up being my strongest :p

LithiumC

Cross-Platform Gamer
My starter is always named Catalysis, being the second in the Lithium_Catalysis pair, and is used throughout the storyline, yes.
In Black, I built my team around the fact that Serperior was an elegant, refined-looking Pokémon, and the other members of the storyline team had to match that. Unfortunately, he isn't used any longer, being replaced by RNGed heroes and heroines.
Still, I'll never forget him.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Yep, I still do but I ditch it in the other games.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
Oshawott stayed in my team, I've never actually ditched my starter in any of the games I've played, I think that because your starter is the first Pokémon you set out with it should automatically stay in your team.

Vitals

Not really, I actually didn't enjoy the starters in BW. I started with Snivy, and she did me well, but I don't use her in most of my teams. However once DW Serperior shows up (if ever), I may or may not attempt to use the thing. I think the only time I've ever kept my starter was Fire Red and that was Charizard.

SilverSoulLugia

I love my Serperior. XD He looked so classy in the Musicals as a Servine, with his top hat, cane and bowtie. Not too shabby a battler, and he's now the proud daddy of a few Snivy who got traded away in the GTS Negotiations.

...I have a stupid tendency to get attached to my starters.

I loved my Snivy as I played through the game. I didn't evolve him for a long time just because I thought he was cute. ^_^ Although grass types are weak against a lot of different types, I still found him useful: I'd often use leech seed and giga drain to keep him going for a long time. I can't say I played the game much after I made it through the main story, so I don't know if I'd keep using my Serperior or not... even if he's cool-looking.

I didn't evolve my snivy for a long time either, but when it was Serperior I only used it a little..I still like it though! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.