• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did You Use Your Starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWB

Treecko
I use all the Hoenn starters because they are my favorite generation triad, and also because they all are strong starters compared to the others (Or at least from my experience and research).

Whiskas

Cat Food
Yes, I used it 'till the very end.

~Darkfire~

Quite funny at times
In my Black, I used all of the starters (I hatched them from eggs then traded them over) untill I beat the game. I haven't really played my Black much after that, so I guess I still use them.

I started with Oshawott in my White, and he's a valued member of my team. I have beaten the game and the champion with him, and continue to train him :3

SmartD

I used my starter in my Pokemon White game. I always keep my starter on my team.

Of course I've kept my tepig,evolved to emboar, and beat ghetsis with him. Now he just sits in pc ready to be used when I'm doing wifi battles.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Released my Serperior.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
i didnt. I thought they all looked kind of dumb. Snivy was alright but i still didnt keep it. I ditched them ASAP.

ZombifiedHorror1031

In White, I chose Snivy, and am glad I did. I used it throughout the story, and it still remains on my team. She has sentimental value, and compliments different team builds I have.

In Black, I chose Oshawott. After the story, I relegated it to the PC Box. I have too many other Pokemon I can get more use from. I also hatched a shiny Tepig in Black, but due to its nature (Modest), I'll probably leave it unevolved. If I breed a better natured Tepig, I'll see how Emboar works out.

ShinyZorua28

*Trumpets playing*
Kept my Oshawott until the very end and then some more. Now he is tied with my Volcarona as my Highest leveled pokemon on the team.

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
You bet I did! It was the first Gen. 5 Pokemon I got and it always holds a special place in my heart.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
My favorite is Snivy, but for some reason I chose Oshawott. I think it was a combo of "Snivy will get awesome Dream World ability" + "There ain't no Surf user on the team I want to gather", which is the team below on my sig. I regret it though, I like Serperior and in the end I wasn't much fond of Samurott. But I still used it, like I always use my starters. Feels so weird not using them, in the main storyline at least.

And yes, I know Haxorus can learn Surf. Actually, I only knew later, damn.

EeveeSkitty

Pokemon.
I didn't use it on my first playthrough, but I did on my second. Unfortunately, it was lost in transfer, so I no longer have it. Poor Samurott ;/

Toraxchan

You bet I did! Oshawott gets bad-to-the-bone as he levels. Plus, he's such a cutie. <3

Katsume

SHINY!
Unfortunately, I just couldn't take my Serperior anymore. After the Ghetsis battle I boxed her for an Espeon and made Haxorus and Krookodile my co-leads. I just can't deal with her low Sp.Atk and Atk...she can barely make a dent in the post-game pokemon.

First time I ever did this.

corvette57

I used my starter (Tepig) until i got a Darmanitan with higher ivs then it went straight into the box because i figured out that my Darmanitan had greater potential and mood than my Emboar did.

Status
Not open for further replies.