• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did You Use Your Starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Why of course! I never get rid of my starter.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
The only game I didn't use my starter in was White 2, because I'd used all of the starters many times. Other than that, I always use mine.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
Yes. They have sentimental value to me in some weird way. Since I start my journey with them it feels wrong not taking them along with me.

Absoltastic

Pokemon Video Maker
I always use mine unless I am doing some sort of special team run, like I am doing in White 2 with a randomly chosen team. It does feel kind of weird to me to leave a low-level starter in the PC for a whole game.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Judging from how in my previous games, I've kept all my starters, so chances are very high I'm keeping my Samurott after I beat the Elite Four. I find it odd to stop using the one Pokémon you've had since the very beginning. And Samurott's actually been growing pretty well, better than I expected. I'm not very efficient when it comes to stats and natures/abilities, but Samurott can stand for itself in tough places, so I expect to keep it for the whole gameplay.

iAm_Michael

Mike Is Da Best!
I'm not into the whole competitive battling as other people are, so I always keep my starter at all times. Unless I'm just training other Pokemon at the time, but my starter is always my favorite. :D

Unredemption

I try to, as long as they're somewhat useful. I've tried Samurott and Emboar this generation and both are decent, even towards the Elite Four. Haven't tried Serperior - don't really fancy its barren movepool and sub-par attacking stats.

Entreri10

I used my Tepig for the main story but hes been in my box since the elite four, mostly because I transferred all my Pokemon from my 4th gen games into Black.

Motonari27

I always fancied my starters, and always had at least one in my party, usually empoleon or serperior

Dragonquester

Fear the dragon
I always use my starter. I grow really attached to them over the course of the story

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
I really hated all of the starters in this Gen, at every single stage. I begrudgingly picked Tepig because I wasn't impressed with the other fire types in this Gen and they were far and few between.
As soon as I could trade in previous Gen pokemon I did. I used him to get through the Elite 4 and then I dropped him.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
Yes. I though about not using it, but it just seems weird for me to see a team without any starter

TwitchyAssTaillow

Starter has always been my main Pokemon. Tepig was my starter in White, and Oshawott was my starter in Black 2. I've always had a fancy for the Fire and Water starters.

Alice.

In all previous games I've always had my original starter in the team, but in White I put my Serperior in the box at around lv 38-40 and found other Pokemon to get me through the game.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
I kinda like the starters but I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Tepig in all its forms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.