• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did You Use Your Starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infusions

I chose Tepig. I keep my starter on my team for every playthrough. It actually breaks my heart when I see people who instantly deposit it in the PC, or worse, ditching it during their first run of the game, sometimes in favor of a legendary. It's not as fun if you're just handed a Pokemon with great stats and super strong attacks!

Neosonic97

Fastest thing Alive
I usually keep my starters throughout the whole game. Both BW and BW2 were true to this, as I took Oshawott through Black and Snivy through Black 2. They fully evolved and I only boxed then once I had reached the postgame and needed stronger Pokémon to take on the Battle Subway and PWT.

Leader

Expert
Yes, my Serperior is in my team. In all pokemon games, my starter stay with me. I like to use it very much and it's very strong.

Ghostehz

Relentless
I chose Tepig. I keep my starter on my team for every playthrough. It actually breaks my heart when I see people who instantly deposit it in the PC, or worse, ditching it during their first run of the game, sometimes in favor of a legendary. It's not as fun if you're just handed a Pokemon with great stats and super strong attacks!

So if you were granted a fully IV/EV trained level 100 legendary, you'd not use it? You'd rather keep a Pokemon that can get OHKO by so many others? Hmm...

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
Why the hell wouldn't I? There will always be one design I'll love. I chose Snivy for Pokemon Black, Oshawatt for my first play-through of Pokemon White 2 and Tepig for my second (Trying to get a bit of a bong with Emboar, I just have hated it for so long I wanted to give it a chance to prove its worth... I'm actually kinda liking it now.)

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I've never boxed my starter in any of my games. Though only in B/W 2 I started experimenting with the concept of alternative starter... I still used my Emboar but I had a Stoutland as the leader instead :D

Gemball

While playing the story I use personally starter pokemon (if I do not use it to defeat the elite four) use really little, and after we play the game honestly do not know what to do earlier in the game so rather not use at least from the beginning XD

ztenu

won't use any more after the story is finished, cause usually their EV are such a mess and I personally don't like it to raise the same pokemon twice, so... but I still sometimes use the starters that I did not choose in the beginning. eg. if I choose charmander as my starter, I may use squirtle later on after finishing story. after all the starters are all good pokemons.

shinyclauncher1234

the shinyclauncher12
No,I use like a fossil egg pokemon :/

Arvis

Yea, i always feel obliged to use my starters.

I picked Snivy in all of my many runthroughs of this game.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I always use my starter on the first play through of a game.

Ke$ha

Banned
In Black version I used my starter (Samurott) but in White version I boxed my Snivy when I got it and used other pokes instead.

TheKvothe

Wannabe Hero
On my first play-through, of course. It just doesn't feel right traveling through a game the first time around without the starter there to back me up. And besides, I love Serperior too much to ever box him

Status
Not open for further replies.