1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Difference in Depiction of Mega Evolution

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by ellifeedn, Jun 28, 2018.

1. ellifeedn

ellifeedn Thinker

Recently I learned that the Gen 7 Pokedex entrees for Mega-Evolved Pokemon depict Mega Evolution as a terrible thing, hurting the Pokemon from the extra power, making them more violent, even attacking the trainer! In XY and ORAS Mega Evolution didn't seem to have any negative effects, just difficultly activating. Did Adventures mess up, or is someone at Nintendo trying to pull a retcon?

2. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

I feel like you should edit the title as something like... "Mega Evolution! Different depictions!"

3. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

I got a head cannon that mega evolution and it's after effects depend on A. The trainer. B. If there is even a bond. (Anime proved the bond is technically optional... if you have a death wish!) and C. On the pokemon and how drastic of a change it is.

Good fanfic material when a character delves into mega evolution for the first time.

4. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nothing in XY or ORAS ever stated Mega Evolution was a painful process with the sole exception of Mega Glalie having its jaw broken on the ORAS website.

I don't know why SM portrays Mega Evolution as such a painful concept, but a lot of the Dex entries in that game can get pretty gruesome, so they're not out of place.

5. ellifeedn

ellifeedn Thinker

Huh, didn't know you can edit the titles of threads. I guess I should be a little more clear.
    You know, I sort of remember an old explanation for Pokedex entrees being things written by kids who greatly exaggerate details. This could be another instance of that, maybe even by Rotom.

6. lolipiece

Nothing but theories and fan speculation. Ones that make no sense when you think about it.

It's been stated since Gen I that the Pokedex automatically records information, so the players aren't writing them. And the ages of the players vary from game to game, so they're not all "kids".

And if these are meant to be mere exaggerations, wouldn't that mean that the Pokedex is full of false information and is thus completely useless?

7. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

1. Like Shipping on Bulbapedia?
    2. Your canon my vary.
    3. Pretty much. It's lied a ton before(It took 2.5 generations for Watchog to gain the ability to spit seeds rapidly in-game vs. in-fluff, AKA Bullet Seed. And how do Magcargo not destroy us all if they're as hot as the surface of the sun?)

8. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

Pokemon logics are not equal to be mere exaggerations lol

And I think some content of the Pokedex in game are completely different from the worldview of the anime and manga. Anime and manga make them more like Pokemon XD

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  9. Gamzee Makara

Could you please state your post more clearly, please?

I'm having trouble understanding it...

10. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Korrina in her little white dress :) <3~

I remember Mega Lucario's dex entry *shutter's*

I think Korrina's anime arc explained mega evolution well though. Its dangerous, but can be mastered if trainer and Pokemon have a good bond. Same thing seemed to went with Ash and Ash Greninja.

Redstar45 likes this.
  11. Gamzee Makara

This is a Manga Forum. Anime logic doesn't apply here.

12. lolipiece

Stop that. You don't get to decide these things.

Anime discussions are fine as long as the discussion is directly related to a manga.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  13. Redstar45

Redstar45 A champion of kind heart !

Actually i think that Pokemon special manga should make it own rules on Mega Evolution. ?

14. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

It does have this. You can find Trevor's notes in XY mini-volume.

Like the anime, Mega Evolution does not cause Pokemon itself to suffer. ;)

15. Redstar45

Redstar45 A champion of kind heart !

Probably i can't read Pokemon special manga arc : X & Y right now as my book store don't have it as mini- volumes yet :(