• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Different Dubs of the Pokémon Anime

TeddiUrsa

Different Dubs of the Pokémon Anime

Pokemon is dubbed in a lot of different languages and this is a thread where people from non-english speaking countries can say what they think about their dub, maybe you´ve got a few samples of the dub as well?

I´ve got a link to the homepage of the channel which airs pokemon in germany. They´ve got a special event and you can watch a few random pokemon clips at their page:

http://www.rtl2.de/pokito/59_1561.php

so, what d you think about the german dub?
I like Ash´s voice, and team rocket sounds just cool. I prefer the japanese original, but the german voices aren´t so bad ( I can´t stand US-Ash for some reason...)

I´d like to hear the italien dub as well

( the link should be allowed because it is from the official channel which airs pokemon as I said)

TeddiUrsa

Geki said:
I don't like German People.

pfff...so what?

anyway, the gang´s names are the same as in the english version except brock and may who are Rocko
( I like that better..would have been an alternative to the english version if you ask me...it reminds me of that nickelodeon cartoon ^^)
and Maike (nya..terrible)

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Geki said:
was that realy needed?
and why don't you like the Germans? they are the same as everyone else except they speak German and most live in germany

I know that May's french name is Flora, I don't know about German dub name though.....

Chris

Old Coot
Geki said:
Last warning. Keep it up and you're gone. Tired of your unnecessary posts.

The German voices aren't bad..but there's like, zero emotion in any of the humans. o_o They all sound like they're reading their lines.

A good dub is definately the Spanish language dub. It's pretty much the same as the English dub, but the voices are so much more interesting. Pop in Mewtwo Returns on DVD. It has the Spanish dub on it. :x

Raziel

Lively up yourself
Edward Elric said:
A good dub is definately the Spanish language dub. It's pretty much the same as the English dub, but the voices are so much more interesting. Pop in Mewtwo Returns on DVD. It has the Spanish dub on it. :x

Indeed. The Spanish dub (Latin American) is good, the VA's do put some effort on their job, and the voices fit the characters very well.

The only bad thing about the spanish dub is that sometimes they commit a lot of mistakes and they do some weird stuff... you know, for example, once Brock called May "Misty"; and I think May has had three voices so far o_O;;

TeddiUrsa

Is there a pun in "pierre"? I wonder why they chose that name for takeshi.

And it´s true. the spanish dub is probably the best european pokemon dub, I saw once a clip from a hoenn episode, so I can´t tell how misty sounds like.

Sometimes the german dub voices suck really bad..mostly ash´s new voice actor (urgs...) but misty´s voice is really popular here in germany.
I find it funny that meowth´s english voice actor said that the german meowth (mauzi) scares him ^^

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB

Fear the light.
German has a good dub(better then the polish dub uhhh in poland they mostly
dont have good voices)
Iam in berlin now my cousen lives there

STJ

meh..^_^'
poke_life said:
The German dub is pretty cool, but im really used to the Australian one, it my favourite

I'm from Australia too, but don't we get the American dubbed version? Just wondering...

Anyway, I've seen the dub in French, Spanish, German and Japanese...I suppose I can understand why people like the Spanish version, though I have to say that Brock's voice is.. higher.. (don't know how else to describe it). Just out of curiosity is there a Chinese dubbed version? If so I want to see an episode

What are the gang's names in German? I heard Brock's German name is Rocko or something like that.

Yeah, that's his name, Ash and Misty keep their names I think