• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

different natures?

pooheadkid

Psychic Trainer
i have this crazy idea to try to get good nature for a shadow poke, suicune, but not really sure if it would work.... i was thinking of this:

#1 battle the trainer and snag
#2 purify it and check for nature
#3 if u dont get desired nature, reset and repeat

would this work?

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
pooheadkid said:
i have this crazy idea to try to get good nature for a shadow poke, suicune, but not really sure if it would work.... i was thinking of this:

#1 battle the trainer and snag
#2 purify it and check for nature
#3 if u dont get desired nature, reset and repeat

would this work?
A better tactic would be to calculate what the Pokemon's stats would be with flawless IVs and the Nature you want at the Level you can snag it. Then when you snag it, see if its stats are close to the calculated stats. If they are, then you can take the time to purify it and see if it actually has the Nature you want.

pooheadkid

Psychic Trainer
u can always use time flute.... and in this situation i wont really worry about their iv's cuz getting the right nature is already hard

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
pooheadkid said:
u can always use time flute.... and in this situation i wont really worry about their iv's cuz getting the right nature is already hard
Using the Time Flute is a good idea, but it still requires making the trip to Agate Village to perform the Purification Ceremony, which can get old after a couple dozen tries. I didn't suggest making the calculation with max IVs in order to try for high stats, but because it makes it easier to determine if the Nature is wrong; if any of the stats are higher than what you calculated with max IVs, then you got the wrong Nature.

pooheadkid

Psychic Trainer
i get wat ur saying it really might help. thx