• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Different People for the next Gen. Show?

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Who besides me thinks that it's a good idea for there to be a new main character in the anime? Since the next generation is on a different system why not start with all new people for the anime? I'm getting kinda sick of seeing Ash all the time and TR in every single episode. What are your feelings on this? Please discuss and post your ideas.

D/P

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I certainly do. Not only that, I'd fire the entire writing staff since they're just as bad as the characters. Why not start fresh for real this time? (And not give 4Kids dubbing rights.)

G

Geki

I want the same characters for next region, I would hate it if they changed the whole show around, possibly not even watch it. But I do agree that 4Kids shouldn't dub the next region, I for one would love having VIZ dub.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
The Big Al said:
I certainly do. Not only that, I'd fire the entire writing staff since they're just as bad as the characters. Why not start fresh for real this time? (And not give 4Kids dubbing rights.)

I agree. That's like exactly what I meant. I mean yes I like seeing pikachu but come on we've seen ash for what I think 7 seasons straight. That's a little too much Ash for one series. Since it's a new gen. on a new syestem why not make the anime totally new as well.

D/P

G

Geki

Diamond and Pearl said:
I agree. That's like exactly what I meant. I mean yes I like seeing pikachu but come on we've seen ash for what I think 7 seasons straight. That's a little too much Ash for one series. Since it's a new gen. on a new syestem why not make the anime totally new as well.

D/P

Because the anime would suck. XD

MaskedManAbsolkid

I think Brock should leave, maybe Max could get a purpose or leave. No, being annoying isn't a purpose. Ash will be, close to obviously, in the next region. May might be too, even if contests aren't in D/P, they could make contest halls. I'd like the rival of D/P to be Ash's rival. But I'd prefer it if an anime character was created for a partner instead of someone from the games.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Geki said:
Because the anime would suck. XD

No it wouldn't I think it would make it much more interesting to have new people and new pokemon. Like I said I get tired of seeing Pikachu in every episode.

Haine

They will never get rid of Satoshi. The show is about HIS journey. He is also named after the guy who created Pocket Monsters in the first place.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Yes but he's been the main character for 9 YEARS. That's longer than Star Trek: The Next Generation was on. Seriously, we need some fresh blood. Who knows, the new main character might have even greater sex appeal than Ash.

Zak

The fact that he's been a main character for 8 years makes it even harder to take him away just like that. Plus, I remember Hoenn and Johto both having theories that he'd leave before they started.

~Zak

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well I don't mind if the supporting characters change, but Ash and May should continue.

Otherwise what was the point? Why did we watch Ash for 9 years and May for 4 years if neither of them would have achieved their goal? What's the point of taking all the buildup for these two characters and throwing them out the window?

Besides, you DO realize that new characters would do the SAME exact thing? We'd have some new 10 year old boy going to Gyms, some new 10 year old boy making friends with every trainer he sees, and some new 10 year old boy making a fool out of himself in battles.

I don't want to see a beginning trainer AGAIN. We saw that with Ash in Kanto. We saw that with May in Hoenn. Why do you want to watch yet another 10 year old doing the exact same thing that Ash/May do?

I doubt they'd ever get rid of Ash (or Pikachu) either, since they're the mascots of Pokemon. May is too much of a main character to drop her either. Brock or Max may not be in the next series, and we might get a new character joining the group, but that's probably it.

C

+Chaos Blade+

Diamond and Pearl said:
Who besides me thinks that it's a good idea for there to be a new main character in the anime? Since the next generation is on a different system why not start with all new people for the anime? I'm getting kinda sick of seeing Ash all the time and TR in every single episode. What are your feelings on this? Please discuss and post your ideas.

D/P

I....do kind of agree. To you and The Big Al.

In the American anime, Ash, since he's 14-15 in the Japanese anime, is acting like a two-year-old. For God's sakes man, grow up!

Fire 4Kids, IMO. They make everything too kiddy [In Yu-Gi-Oh GX, I bet that the "Hot Sauce" is actually alcohol, am I right?]. Anyway, 4Kids has too much on their hands, and yes, although Pokémon is their greatest moneymaker, they still have One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh, and a few other shows that are much more worth it.

I think the Pokémon series should start fresh, and have new characters, a new staff, et cetera. Seven seasons of a two-year-old is just utter bull.

+Chaos Blade+

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
+Chaos Blade+ said:
I think the Pokémon series should start fresh, and have new characters, a new staff, et cetera. Seven seasons of a two-year-old is just utter bull.

Yes, because Ash is suppossed to act like a macho man and walk around with a mohawk spewing out slang and rap after he beats his opponents.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
+Chaos Blade+ said:
I....do kind of agree. To you and The Big Al.

In the American anime, Ash, since he's 14-15 in the Japanese anime, is acting like a two-year-old. For God's sakes man, grow up!

Fire 4Kids, IMO. They make everything to kiddy [In Yu-Gi-Oh GX, I bet that the "Hot Sauce" is actually alcohol, am I right?]. Anyway, 4Kids has too much on their hands, and yes, although Pokémon is their greatest moneymaker, they still have One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh, and a few other shows that are much more worth it.

+Chaos Blade+

My thoughts exactly!

Diamond and Pearl

C

+Chaos Blade+

CyberCubed said:
Yes, because Ash is suppossed to act like a macho man and walk around with a mohawk spewing out slang and rap after he beats his opponents.

No, CyberCubed. He should act, at the least, like a ten-year-old, better yet, 13. Having a mohawk and rapping after everything won't even make sense. Ash should either grow up and get mature, or just leave this altogether.

+Chaos Blade+

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Toto said:
Satoshi does act his age and in fact older at times. He has matured greatly over the years...or do you only watch Season 1?

And they will never get rid of him so keep dreaming.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/hotash/Image.jpg
Notice how it is about his journey.

Yeah but he could full fill his dream of becoming a Pokemon Master. You don't just have to beat the Pokemon League to be a Pokemon Master. Or maybe he'll just want to go home. Which would give us an opening for a new character and new region.

Diamond and Pearl

MaskedManAbsolkid

Ash acts his own age, like Toto said.

Chaos Blade, One Piece has been turned more kiddish than Pokemon. Alcohol was changed with Juice, a ciggy was switched with a lollipop, and more.

If you hate Ash, you'd like the Chronicles. Since the show is apparently always about Ash, why not watch it, because it's made so we can see other characters.

Haine

Diamond and Pearl said:
Yeah but he could full fill his dream of becoming a Pokemon Master. You don't just have to beat the Pokemon League to be a Pokemon Master. Or maybe he'll just want to go home. Which would give us an opening for a new character and new region.

Diamond and Pearl
Which will never happen and if it did I would boycott the show.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Toto said:
Which will never happen and if it did I would boycott the show.

Never say never. You know how KidsWB! is. They do some pretty unexpected things sometimes. I would've liked it if the creaters of Pokemon made the show then it would probably be better.