• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Different People for the next Gen. Show?

Haine

They do not make the show. It is made in Japan. All they do is dub it.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
The only change in Ash I would like? Get him to notice girls once in a while! :p Not to Brock's extent, buuut...

The line-up for the D/P saga. I couldn't see May and Max seperating. So it all depends on if they want to go solo, stop and go back home, stay with Ash or whatever. Brock really needs to leave. His character is very dry (or the writers made him dry, pick one). As much as we would all love to see Brendan and Wally, the ship is already long gone for that one. Hmm. Maybe Ash, May, Max, and the new D/P boy or girl? But don't give the one that's not in the group a split-second appearance in one of the movies! Make them a recurring character, but more recurring than Gary, Harley, Drew, etc. We need more recurring characters love, not just three to five appearances per reigon. T.T

Edit: Hey, Toto, ya slipped up! Clarity: 4Kids dubs the show to English, KidsWB! airs it in America.

E

ember rocks

CyberCubed said:
Well I don't mind if the supporting characters change, but Ash and May should continue.

Otherwise what was the point? Why did we watch Ash for 9 years and May for 4 years if neither of them would have achieved their goal? What's the point of taking all the buildup for these two characters and throwing them out the window?

Besides, you DO realize that new characters would do the SAME exact thing? We'd have some new 10 year old boy going to Gyms, some new 10 year old boy making friends with every trainer he sees, and some new 10 year old boy making a fool out of himself in battles.

I don't want to see a beginning trainer AGAIN. We saw that with Ash in Kanto. We saw that with May in Hoenn. Why do you want to watch yet another 10 year old doing the exact same thing that Ash/May do?

I doubt they'd ever get rid of Ash (or Pikachu) either, since they're the mascots of Pokemon. May is too much of a main character to drop her either. Brock or Max may not be in the next series, and we might get a new character joining the group, but that's probably it.

I agree with CyberCubed It would be probably be rubbish if they start with a new trainer and i think it will be Ash and the gang again in diamond and pearl reigions and probably get someone new to join the gang who's in the diamond and pearl region.

Water Spirit

~*Animus Aquae*~
Toto and Cybercubed are right. They won't get rid of Ash from the show, even if he does win the Pokemon League. Why? Well use a bit of common sense. You've won a title 'Oh yay! I won the League! Yipee!' - might be a bit big headed for a bit but judging by Ash's maturity, he'll want to keep facing new challenges and look for more competitions to fight in.

I mean look what happened with the Orange League - he won that and is still going out on adventures.

*shrugs* It seems unlikely that they'd get rid of him and if they wanted variety, they'd sway some of the other characters about like bring back old characters or add a new face, I imagine. If they want to introduce a new character for D/P, they'll do it in the Hosos probably.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
They will not get rid of Satoshi-tachi or Rocket-dan or any other character. These are the writers we're talking about, you know, the ones that are really uncreative and repetive? Satoshi and the others have been in the series' francise since Pocket Monsters to Pocket Monsters Advance Generation, so it's to late for them to just take him off of the anime, they have become (how should I put it ? ) molds in the anime, as in they'll never be taken out. Not to mention, Satoshi is named after Satoshi Tajiri, the man that created Pokemon, so no, the writers are not going to take out a character that's based off the creator, no matter what. But it's a possibility that they can replace Haruka, Masato, Takeshi, Rocket-dan, etc, but not Satoshi.
Diamond and Pearl said:
Never say never. You know how KidsWB! is. They do some pretty unexpected things sometimes. I would've liked it if the creaters of Pokemon made the show then it would probably be better.
KidsWB doesn't make the Pokemon anime, anime is made in Japan, and KidsWB is an American company.

And, Toto, they don't dub it, they just air it on their channel. The only time KidsWB had part in editing the Pokemon anime, was when they changed Snap's name into Todd.

Last edited:
C

+Chaos Blade+

-Absol-, I can't watch the Chronicles as of yet. I'm broke, and I'm in America, so I can't see it on TV yet.

Toto, I watch all seasons, and instead of him maturing, he is getting a little bit immature. In what ways? One: when he loses a battle, he gets ****** off sometimes, especially against Brawly. He could just accept defeat, but no, he just got *****y and offended everyone.

And Cybercubed, if the writers are good as they say [in Japan], they could make another ten-year-old, or an eleven-year-old, or twelve-year-old, whatever, and make his or her personality different than that of Ash's. Having another 400+ episodes of Ash-like ways is stupid. That's why a new character should have another personality different than Ash.

+Chaos Blade+

Samayowa

you amaze me.
+Chaos Blade+ said:
-Absol-, I can't watch the Chronicles as of yet. I'm broke, and I'm in America, so I can't see it on TV yet.

Toto, I watch all seasons, and instead of him maturing, he is getting a little bit immature. In what ways? One: when he loses a battle, he gets ****** off sometimes, especially against Brawly. He could just accept defeat, but no, he just got *****y and offended everyone.

And Cybercubed, if the writers are good as they say [in Japan], they could make another ten-year-old, or an eleven-year-old, or twelve-year-old, whatever, and make his or her personality different than that of Ash's. Having another 400+ episodes of Ash-like ways is stupid. That's why a new character should have another personality different than Ash.

+Chaos Blade+

Exactly what I was trying to say just worded different and better.

Diamond and Pearl

Zoy_Herotic

Charizard Trainer
I think they should keep Ash, but get rid of Team Rocket, or at least put them in SOME episodes, not ALL the episodes. I reckon they introduce a new female character, one that collects badges like Ash

C

+Chaos Blade+

Zoy, if they insert another character that collects badges, I doubt the episodes will be creative, because if it's Gym, gym, gym, gym, League, it's going to get tedious...quick...

+Chaos Blade+

Rex Kamex

Satoshi said:
But it's a possibility that they can replace Haruka, Masato, Takeshi, Rocket-dan, etc, but not Satoshi.

May? Once she entered the show, she became the co-star of it to Ash. May's not gonna go anywhere. She has a higher role on the show than Misty ever did, anyway.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Actually it would be nice if they made a spin off series. (Like make a seperate series from the Ranger plotline). Perhaps have crossover every once and while between the two animes.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
MJC CartoGuy said:
May? Once she entered the show, she became the co-star of it to Ash. May's not gonna go anywhere. She has a higher role on the show than Misty ever did, anyway.
I said possibility. I didn't say Haruka was going to leave, nor did I say anyone's going to leave. I just said any supporting character has more of a chance to leave if they're going to start fresh with new characters except for Satoshi. And I didn't bring up Kasumi in my post, but yeah, Haruka has a bigger role than her, but that's kind of off-topic.

Yes, Haruka's never (well, I wouldn't say never) going to leave Advance Generation, since she is the co-star of Advance Generation. But it is a possibility that all of the characters would leave except for Satoshi (since he's based off of the creator) if they decide to start fresh. But no one would ever be taken out of the show, it's to late now.

Last edited:

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Satoshi said:
I said possibility. I didn't say Haruka was going to leave, nor did I say anyone's going to leave. I just said any supporting character has more of a chance to leave if they're going to start fresh with new characters except for Satoshi. And I didn't bring up Kasumi in my post, but yeah, Haruka has a bigger role than her, but that's kind of off-topic.

Yes, Haruka's never (well, I wouldn't say never) going to leave Advance Generation, since she is the co-star of Advance Generation. But it is a possibility that all of the characters would leave except for Satoshi (since he's based off of the creator) if they decide to start fresh. But no one would ever be taken out of the show, it's to late now.

But after the Advance Generation is over then it won't be advance generation. It will be something different.

C

+Chaos Blade+

Yeah, in 4Kids' eyes, it'd be: Pokémon: Lots of Pun! XP

They use too many puns in their show titles, even in episodes.

+Chaos Blade+

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Diamond and Pearl said:
But after the Advance Generation is over then it won't be advance generation. It will be something different.

Does that really matter? I don't see why that would mean they wouldn't use Ash and/or May in the next region. Characters can star in many regions you know.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
CyberCubed said:
Does that really matter? I don't see why that would mean they wouldn't use Ash and/or May in the next region. Characters can star in many regions you know.

Yes, I know. -_-

I'd like to see new characters... but it's true that the main ones haven't achieved their goals. And as it goes, I doubt we'll see any creativity in the Anime, ever...

I'm glad that they added May, though. And that they gave thought and time for her goal instead of focusing 100% on Ash... she's unlikely to be ditched anytime soon.

I'd like to see Brock go, though. No matter how much I like him. He just saves the group from starvation, and just became Fan Service fodder (Which isn't of good quality as the Kanto one anyway...). They should find a Breeding Center in need, and then Brock stays there for good, furthering the dream he never did at last...

He should be replaced by the FR/LG Girl, whom would be a good cooker, a Trainer and the compensation for the lost Fan Service fodder. :D

Max COULD stay if they're planning on starting his own journey, if at all. Even so, he could leave to work on his own, and be a recurring character.

I know that'll never happen, though. They just don't have the brains to come with such nice ideas, and it seems they're stuck in the "1 girl in the group" paradigm... :rolleyes:

P

PokeTrainer7783

I second that! I am also tired of seeing Ash and Pikachu. I mean it was fun in the beginning but now Ash and his gang just bores me to death. And if their gonna use the same characters at least change the storyline a little. I mean seeing Team Rocket get blasted off every episode and a new city journey type thing just isn't original anymore.