• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Different People for the next Gen. Show?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Viz might take it.

Some thought Star Trek Deep Space Nine would flunk because it didn't have the Enterprise. Yet in the end, many trekkers see it as the best series of the five.

So I think Pokemon could survive without Ash. As long as they make a great main character and plotline, they could make a spinoff anime. And I would be delighted if 4Kids refused to touch it with a ten yard pole. That means other dubbing companies like Ganeon, Viz, FUNi, even Miramax. That would mean the writers wouldn't have to worry about minimizing the Japanese culture and text and might try to be creative like they were in season 1.

Haine

Ralts Master said:
They NEED to jettison the entire current cast and start anew. Ash sucks, Brock is worse than useless, and Team Rocket is a debacle.

Ash had no damn business in Hoenn (or Johto), anyway. Especially since it shouldn't even be possible: GSC took place 3 years after RBY, and RSE took place around the same time as FR/LG do...
Follow the rules. You are not supposed to say things like "Ash sucks" -_-;

That is character bashing.

S

shinneymeowth001

I agree with some of you; they should get rid of Brock, make Ash win a league , and put ME in TR (I COULD CATCH PIKACHU EASILY) Then, to please veiwers, we could give max a Bonsly and have a nice spinnoff. by now, they should have problems thinking of new pokemon. but TR is doing fine, they still crack me up.

;052; I'll get pikachu
;025; piikaaachuuuu!

:meowthbal looks like Team Rockets blasting off again!!
;202; Wobbufett!!!
;358; chime, chimee

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Toto said:
Follow the rules. You are not supposed to say things like "Ash sucks" -_-;

That is character bashing.
Character Bashing isn't as strictly enforced as it used to be. Loosen up. Ash has been maxxed out. He's flat, he's predictable, he can stand to be let go.

Chris

Old Coot
The Big Al said:
Character Bashing isn't as strictly enforced as it used to be. Loosen up. Ash has been maxxed out. He's flat, he's predictable, he can stand to be let go.
As far as I recall, I've been enforcing the rule of no character bashing for quite some time now. o_O

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I know but "Ash Sucks" isn't a grounds for banning like it was in the dark days of Crystal Latios (or whatever she called herself).

Though, I would like to know why Ash sucks. I have ideas but I wonder their reasons.

Chris

Old Coot
Banning, no. Not unless it's done non-stop after repeated warnings.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I guess insanely enforced would be a better term.

To bring this back on topic.
When they started Johto, instead of having Ash and crew continuing on their journey, couldn't they have started a new group of characters (like the GSC heroes). We were denied Kamon who I think was the best of the three because of the kind of backstory they could have weaved for him. Yet he was replaced in the Raikou Special by that Goofball.

Does the series need Ash? I personally believe no.

C

+Chaos Blade+

Yeah, Pokémon needs to be edited, so that we start anew. I mean, look at Yu-Gi-Oh GX. That's a pretty darn good show that still incorporates the elements of the old show, but with new characters, a new plotline, and a whole new setting.

Why doesn't Pokémon do the same, because a series with the same old plot scheme:

1.) Meet trainer.
2.) TR sees trainer's Pokémon, and think it's legendary and rare, so they try to give it to the bois, along with Pikachu.
3.) Pikachu and Pokémon str stolen.
4.) 8th pun in the show.
5.) Screwed-Up Quiz by 4Kids.
6.) More puns.
7.) Max being a bit annoying.
8.) Ash and co., along with trainer, fight TR.
9.) TR sends out cronies.
10.) PIKACHU, THUNDERBOLT!
11.) Looks like TR is blasting off again! Wobbu!

Zzzzz....I was lost at "1.)"

+Chaos Blade+

Samayowa

you amaze me.
+Chaos Blade+ said:
Yeah, Pokémon needs to be edited, so that we start anew. I mean, look at Yu-Gi-Oh GX. That's a pretty darn good show that still incorporates the elements of the old show, but with new characters, a new plotline, and a whole new setting.

Why doesn't Pokémon do the same, because a series with the same old plot scheme:

1.) Meet trainer.
2.) TR sees trainer's Pokémon, and think it's legendary and rare, so they try to give it to the bois, along with Pikachu.
3.) Pikachu and Pokémon str stolen.
4.) 8th pun in the show.
5.) Screwed-Up Quiz by 4Kids.
6.) More puns.
7.) Max being a bit annoying.
8.) Ash and co., along with trainer, fight TR.
9.) TR sends out cronies.
10.) PIKACHU, THUNDERBOLT!
11.) Looks like TR is blasting off again! Wobbu!

Zzzzz....I was lost at "1.)"

+Chaos Blade+

I know you weren't probably saying this but all of those are exactlly why they shoudl alter the anime a bit...well more than a bit but you know what I mean.....in other words...as it is it's rather boring at time.

Diamond and Pearl

Samayowa

you amaze me.
PokeTrainer7783 said:
That would be awesome if VIZ took it.

Heck yes it would!!!

Diamond and Pearl

Rex Kamex

PokeTrainer7783 said:
Then again I think ratings here would flunk without Ash. I don't even think 4Kids would be interested in Pokemon anymore if Ash wasn't in it. They don't even air some of the specials because Ash isn't in it. They think kids would get bored with it or something. It might do well in Japan but here I guess they don't want to risk it.

But they have released the specials in England. And, they're going to be released in America too, but we just don't know exactly when.

C

+Chaos Blade+

Originally Posted by PokeTrainer7783:
That would be awesome if VIZ took it.

Not necessarily. Viz discontinued their relationship with Pokémon years ago. Why restart it if they never even finished?

+Chaos Blade+

RED1992

Banned
we should get rid of all the curent characters and start off with a non-repetitive-more adult like show cuz the anime is a f*cking kiddie and it really should have gotten canceled a long time ago. they should have it more manga-based cuz it's awesome.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
theyre definitley capable of dropping brock, max and...*gasp* even may! [/shockandhorror]. no really, her fanboys wanna say shell stay forever, but i think ash is the only constant character in the show. they might even let TR quit at some point

mannyguy

Cascade Trainer
TEAM ROCKET-
the show would literally be crap without it. They're the comic relief..I love team rocket. But the whole daydreaming about what the boss would do when they catch a pokemon is a waste of 40 seconds.
ASH
lets face it..no matter how boring he gets. HE'S STAYING!!!
MAY-
she is not unique what so ever. i mean pokemon contest are just batteling with a little twist..thats all there's nothing special about them. i've grown accustomed to her and i like her..but she is never replacing misty
MAX
get rid of him!! he does nothing. nothing. nothing, but pull brock off the girl and we can hav may do that instead. besides someone who hangs out with their older sister that much is just weird. HE IS USELESS.
PIKACHU
look up Ash
BROCK
basically as pointless as getting sock for christmas. he really has nothing in the show...you would think in 7 years or whatever he would be able to atleast get a girlfriend..i gues we all know what he does at night.
MISTY
Who knows if she's coming back or not..If she does great. if she doesn't great..i really don't care,but i think that they should have gotten rid of brock before her..
NEW CHARACTERS
it would be cool for new characters but thats probably not happening anytimes soon

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
brock is gonna go. im almost sure. hes very stale by now, and im sure the writers have noticed he doesnt do much as well, so i can expect him to be dropped. i would be very suprised if he stayed. and max, well the only reason he exists is to be mays little brother and hes not terribly popular to my knowledge. theres a very high chance of him leaving during D/P. may is likely to stay for a while, until they get sick of her at least, so i wont be betting on her getting out for D/P. but there is a chance theyll drop her if contests dont show up in the fourth gen, cause her contest goal is an advertising ploy that would become useless if there were no more contests to push the gen

Andromache

Cat and Snake lover
Maybe I'm missing the point, but to those who dislike Ash, May, and Brock, it *is* possible to simply stop watching the show. That's what I did when Tracey came in. It's nice to have choices.

As for Brock being useless, I'm definitely biased because he's always been my favorite character, but I think he's important for behind-the-scenes kind of stuff, like maintaining and caring for the Pokemon. They're really highlighting his talent with them and his empathy for them. Just because he isn't as glamorous as Ash and May doesn't mean he's not important.

Of course, again, I'm biased, but I agree that I see no use for Max. I mean, sure, he knows Pokemon, but so does Brock, and at least Brock is an established trainer.

Getting rid of Ash would completely change the show, which I don't think is good. I think Ash has matured, but then, I haven't seen him in a league battle yet. Yes, he's still reckless, but that's just who he is, not that he's immature. It's in the hero's handbook to jump first and possibly not ask questions later. The show would not be the same, and if there were new characters, perhaps the chemistry or character dynamic would not quite work. I certainly would boycott if they changed the current lineup.

I'm not trying to say that people don't have a right to think what they want, but it kind of annoys me that people complain about all the characters and yet there's an easy solution. If a fandom stops bringing someone enjoyment, they are perfectly free to leave or stick to the segments of fandom they do enjoy.

Magus

Fog Trainer
MJC CartoGuy said:
May? Once she entered the show, she became the co-star of it to Ash. May's not gonna go anywhere.
You overstate May's role in the show. There's a reason that she only needed 5 ribbons for the Grand Festival, but Ash needed 8 badges for the Hoenn League. That reason is that Ash is a bigger focus of the show, and and they wanted to ensure there'd be more Gym episodes than Contests. Likewise, there's a reason the Hoenn League, not the Grand Festival, was the climax of the arc. It's because Ash's tournament is considered more important to the story than May's. There's still only one main character, and that's Ash.

Anyway, I definitely think they should have Brock leave the group. I really don't see anything more that can be done with him story-wise, and as comic relief he's just gotten old. Plus, Ash needs to eventually take care of his Pokémon himself (I imagine that being a Pokémon Master is about more than just battling), so let him learn to manage without Brock's help.

The rest can stay, but let the characters actually age! Ash should not look the same now as he did when he was 10. Also, Ash needs to win a League tournament. He's clearly a much better trainer now, but the increase in skill hasn't translated into better finishes in the Leagues. Let him win one, and confirm that the progress he's made actually matters, that he really is getting closer to his goal (even if there's still a long way to go).