• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Different sprites

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Gold and Silver were the last paired Pokemon games to have completely different sprites between them with a couple of exceptions like Swinub's sprite. What did you think of this and did you prefer Gold's sprites or Silver's sprites?

I thought the different sprites made the games more unique and special and I liked Silver's sprites especially Lugia's. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
While I preferred Silver version because of its version exclusives, I personally thought that Gold version had the better sprites due to many of them looking more dynamic and less stiff than Gold's. My favorite Gold version sprite is Celebi's.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Some of the Gold sprites look awesome and so do some of the Silver ones so I can't choose between them. So I'll go with the middle ground and say that Crystal had the best sprites because some of them like Sneasel's and Raikou's got a makeover. :D

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Some of the Gold sprites look awesome and so do some of the Silver ones so I can't choose between them. So I'll go with the middle ground and say that Crystal had the best sprites because some of them like Sneasel's and Raikou's got a makeover. :D

I liked that certain Pokemon had their sprites updated in Crystal version too, such as Itomaru (Spinarak) and Togechick (Togetic) among others. Even subtle changes like Alligates's (Croconaw's) sprite was a pleasant surprise.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
rеmеmbеr liking somе spritеs in onе vеrsion but disliking onеs for thе samе Pokеmon spеciеs (such as Gold Typhlosion bеing grеat, unlikе in Silvеr, samе with Gold Vaporеon, Еspеon, Ampharos).

I actually liked Gold's Denryu (Ampharos) sprite up until a few years ago, when I noticed that Denryu's appendages looked too much like flippers. Crystal version fixed that by making its hands smaller and making its tail slimmer, too.

jaden767

Amphetamine
Crystal version technically had the best sprites out of GSC but if we're not counting it then Gold had better sprites than Silver. Silver's sprites were fugly.