• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Different Strokes For Different Blokes! (474)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Different Strokes For Different Blokes!

In a forest during their trvaels, Ash & Co, unexpectadly meet up with Paul. Ash is eager for a rematch and challenges him with his newly captured Turtwig. However during the battle, Team Rocket interrupts and Ash ends up lost in the forest with Shinji. Will Ash & Paul get out of the Forest and will they have a rematch?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator:

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
Didn't Shinji catch and release a Stantler and an Ursaring? its not in his bio

Wind Waker

Now that's Effulgent
Tops on the animation there, best for a while.
Well, besides the animation being a plus, i really enjoyed both battles among all the another stuff. They were all over the place and i really liked it.
Good question though, did he end up releasing Stantler and Ursaring?

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
Its hard to tell because of the time gap between pics but on one you can see stantler walking away just after Shinji examined it on his Pokedex. It was a similar situation with Ursaring.

Update his Bio

Cherimu Dude

i've seen the episode on youtube, but it missed the middle part out. He doesnt release Ursaring...i'm sure of that; he examines the pokeball with his dex and then stores the ball.

PokemonFan_Samuel

Pikachu's Owner
It's a strange episode to me, I can't really understand the plots by just looking at the pics. I'm now waiting for the full guide.
So, Ash didn't win Shinji once until now, right? I hope Ash wins one day!!! Just, was that ember that Hikozaru did? It wasn't like EMBER though...
It's also strange to me that you can examine the Pokeball by the Pokedex.
Anyway, I'm still not familiar with D/P.

Go for the Pics!!! Episode Pics

sCiZoR_2006

Cascade Trainer
Hikozaru used Dig, which I haven't seen from it before, as well as a defensive move that stopped Naetoru from attacking it. Also looked like Hikozaru used Fury Swipes, but it could've been a really hyped up Scratch attack. Naetoru connected with its Bite attack, which isn't shown much in the anime. What I want to know is that rejuvination attack Naetoru uses to restore its energy during battle.

Anyway, I've got some points/questions to make. When the four (Ash, Shinji and their respective starters) fell off the cliff, Shinji/Hikozaru managed to jump gracefully from ledges and branches to the ground, while Ash and Naetoru bulleted into the river below.

Ash loosing the 2nd match was what is needed...after all, fire attacks are strong against grass-types AND Shinji's Hikozaru is more experienced thus far. We also see that Shinji has adapted himself to be agile like Hikozaru.

I'm also wondering why Naetoru was hesitating to dodge attacks in Ash's initial rematch against Shinji (which was the focal point for this episode).

And yes, Shinji does keep Ursaring. I think after examining the Pokeball, he saw that it was strong enough (and had good attacks) that were worth keeping around. He might have said that Stantler's attack array was only limited to Tackle and Hypnosis.

Last edited:

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
I thought he would keep Ursaring I wasnt 100% sure he released it. Still his bio needs updating

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
Well from what I could tell of the pictures I enjoyed the episode. Of course I've been enjoying Shinji/Ash episodes thus far which is two but still. Yes the animation was ok, and I loved the battles. Hopefully one day Ash will win agasint Shinji. I still think Shinji may be apart of Team Galxy but will see, doesn't mean I don't like the guy, he's become one of my favorite characters.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
What sort of trash talk did Shinji give to Ash & Co this time? As for the episode itself, it was quite predicatable at least at the beginning with one of the main characters having a battle with a rival only to be interupted by Team Rocket.

Larvitar

Judging from the pictures only, it seemed like a great episode! Shinji catches A LOT of Pokémon O_O His team is so much stronger with an Ursaring!

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Shinji's hair gives him the power to defy gravity....

Also, the song that played during the Ursaring Battle rules. It's Satoshi's New Theme, and is on the CD.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Just saw the ep pics... though can't really tell if he realeased a Stantler and Ursaring.

FlameTrainer

Jedi Council Member
I think he released Stantler, and he kept Ursaring.

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
Did anyone else find it interesting that Shinji says, "Monster ball, attack"?

FlameTrainer said:
I think he released Stantler, and he kept Ursaring.
Yes, he did those.

sCiZoR_2006 said:
Also looked like Hikozaru used Fury Swipes, but it could've been a really hyped up Scratch attack.

What I want to know is that rejuvination attack Naetoru uses to restore its energy during battle.
It's just scratch (hikkaku).

It was Synthesis (kougousei).

Kojiro said:
Also, the song that played during the Ursaring Battle rules. It's Satoshi's New Theme, and is on the CD.
Really? Huh. It's rather pretty.

Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

Thunder Trainer
Good episode.

We get an Instrumental Advance Adventure, Shinji beats Satoshi and stays badass, AND Haruka is shown during Ookido-Hakase's Pokemon Lecture.

Naetoru gets more personality here, too. While he's no Kimori/Juptile/Jukain yet, he's still pretty entertaining.

Poor Mukkuru was the only Pokemon of the entire group's parties that didn't show up this time, though. Hope Mukkuru getting the shaft doesn't become a trend.

Geodude

I like how they added development to Naetle by revealing that it didn't quite understand the concept of dodging attacks and unhesitatingly listening to a trainer. It can dodge just fine now, figured out how when it battled that Ursaring, but it still hesitated once in the last battle. Still, that problem should be resolved quickly, since Naetle does have an aptitude for battling.