• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Different Strokes For Different Blokes! (474)

Gillachu

Banned
Ash losing to Paul here was cringe inducing lol. Paul seemed like a Mary Sue even at this early point in Sinnoh, like damn...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ash losing to Paul here was cringe inducing lol. Paul seemed like a Mary Sue even at this early point in Sinnoh, like damn...

Sadly I feel that Ash had to lose or else Paul wouldn't have seemed like a big threat. And Paul did have an advantage with Chimchar any ways, so Turtwig losing made some sense. ^^

Lunala

Banned
Ash should have just sent out Aipom and kicked Chimchar's *** again. I get that he wanted to prove Turtwig didn't suck, but what's the point of that?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I get that he wanted to prove Turtwig didn't suck, but what's the point of that?

Maybe it was his pride or stubbornness that made him challenge a fire type like Chimchar with a grass type like Turtwig just to prove Paul's beliefs wrong. Ash is weird like that hee hee. ^^;

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Ash should have just sent out Aipom and kicked Chimchar's *** again. I get that he wanted to prove Turtwig didn't suck, but what's the point of that?

More than likely Chimchar would have tied or defeated Aipom,every time Paul brought out Chimchar it learned a new move and improved physically,it was evident when Dawn and Brock pointed out the increase in its speed.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The worst part of this episode was how Paul acted after he defeated Ash's Turtwig with Chimchar. He won because he had the type advantage, so he didn't need to act so smug. :/

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was fond of how Naetle was the peacekeeper between Pochama and Eipam, which sort of reminded me of Fushigidane. Satoshi pestering Shinji in the woods was humorous, although I wish that Shinji had kept the Odoshishi and not just the Ringuma. Also, it seemed too soon for a Satoshi versus Shinji rematch, which was proven when Naetle lost.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Rewatching some DP episodes, I have a better newfound fondness for Paul and actually love him insulting Ash lol.

As for this episode, it was great! A great mix of development and humor was nice to see, especially when Ash and Turtwig thought they were flying only for Paul to call them lame-o’s.

And of course, this:

Paul: Ember
Team Rocket: Ember! ...ember?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I recall thinking that Hikozaru versus Naetle in this episode would lead to them forming a rivalry, but it's funny to look back and realize just how far off the mark that theory was given what will happen to Shinji's Hikozaru eventually.

Daizy

I call you honey
I love how Paul is similar to Silver. This will add so much to the anime. But if Ash would have used his old Pokemon team by now Paul would have gotten his butt whooped.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Genuinely think this episode is one of the best in any series, it’s a greatly paced and well-thought out mix of humor and character/plot development. The battle(s) were really good for being early series too.

I love Paul man, this guy is just so funny in his bluntness. Him interrupting TR, doing those graceful acrobatics off the cliff; he’s just that guy ‍