• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Different ways to evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aurian

new ways of evo.

Cdaghostie said:
Do you think there will be some different ways to evolve?

gold/silver - max happiness, day/night max happiness, one higher stat
ruby/sapphire - max out beauty stat -feebas, empty slot when evolve
all-trading stones
gold/silver and up - trade with items

i was thinking possibly area evolutions like an alternate to eevee any ideas?
also possible items from old games now could cause evolution like like gloom to bellosoum(spelled it wrong i know shame)

ok some ideas are(posted throughtout this topic just read whole thing august 25th so you don't have too)-
level up with item - very possible
fusion pokemon - impossible
some fusion pokemon - possible but unlikely
special breeding - possible but unlikely
certain area breeding- possible
different babies from breeding- unlikely
chance evolution-entirely possible
more eevee forms- doubt it 5 as it is would have most likely been in xd if there was going to be
moon/sun stone evee evolutions-doubt it already can evolve via day and night and moon/sun dust or shards it says dust on serebii but in screen shot beside it says shard
anger evolutions-entirely possible maybe a story factor but it kinda already is in collesuem and xd
love evolutions-there already is
area evolutions - wouldn't doubt them adding it
fainting evolutions- that would be rather hard so no super unlikely
less trade evolutions- yeah right (linkability is what the game relys on for lots of stuff)
ritual evolving- totally possible
slowpoke evolve faster via slowpoke well - possible but i just doubt it
lv 100 evolution - fortunately cheaters wouldn't be able to cheat via ds can't use cheats or H/-\ac|<s possible but why?
lv 100 ritual evolution - lets just say no impossible although its possible

btw: Game Freak doesn't make one pokemon unbeatable if it can't be beat by six pokemon in a row with a higher or same level it will not be in the game (without items)
This means: fusions such as lugia and charizard
mewtwo and anything

Thanks,

Cdaghostie

last updated august 25, 2005

there might be a new way: so u have 1 specie of pokemon if it has a naughty nature might be different to a bold nature when evolved. also gender evolutions. ur last id no. evos ;386-d;

A

aurian

Jolteon ^..^ said:
in G/S had also the stat evolution (tyrogue) I was thinking about the day care evolution, I posted it before, it works in a simple way, put a pokemon in day care (sneasel, eevee or other) holding an new item, make it level up 10/15 levels and when you will get the pokemon back, it evolves

hello Jolt! good idea i waz thinking that there might be nature dependant evos, and gender evos ;386-d;

Dragonking

Well anything is possible in the poke universe hopefully some of these ideas will be interesting enough to put onn the games.

? When are D/P supposed to be released?

M

MasaTork

How about Pokemon that evolve after:
-restoring a specific amount of HP using leftovers
-being given lots of potions, super potions, etc
-spending enough rounds in sunlight/rain/sandstorm/hail
-using a move enough times, eg, growth

JazzJazz

Deoxyz said:
Yeah, new evolving metods! ;249-d;

Instead of seeing a bunch of new evolution methods, I'd like to see the different methods we have used a lot more instead of having so many pokemon evolve by level alone (although this should remain in the majority).

Light Wolf

Holy Wolf of Light
JazzJazz said:
Instead of seeing a bunch of new evolution methods, I'd like to see the different methods we have used a lot more instead of having so many pokemon evolve by level alone (although this should remain in the majority).
I think that, too. But I think most of them, specially the starters, should evolve at a higer level.

Cdaghostie

Ghost -not really-
think that, too. But I think most of them, specially the starters, should evolve at a higer level.
yeah the get too good easily pickachu was the hardest of any games to raise i think other than then chikorita

M

mastergeorge

I wonder if you give the pokemon the stone and walk for let's say 500 steps and it evo's. ;249-d;

Tommo_Volbeat

Not Tommo_Scizor
JazzJazz said:
i've never heard it better, i totally aggree, new evos are just gimmicks. so what!

the only new ideas i am interested in are gender evolution, trait evolution and footstep evolution.

what i don't want to see is fusion evolution, thats just un-original

Last edited:

Light Wolf

Holy Wolf of Light
I thought about another thing: Some Pokémon could have different ways to evolve. For example, you have a Pokémon that evolves at a very high level, but if you trade it, it evolves inmediately. So if you don't have easy acces to trading, you can still evolve it, but with a harder method (I still think that there should be Pokémon that only evolve with trade, if someone thought that I wanted to suprime it).

Tommo_Volbeat

Not Tommo_Scizor
or how about a pokemon that evolves on two different levels? lets say there is a pokemon, it usually evolves on level 18, but if you hold off evoloution until level's 30-35 it evolves into a different pokemon, after that it evolves into the other one again.

EDIT: since i didn't explain that too well, i will make it simple

Stunk evolves into Stanky at level 18-29
Stunk evolves into Dunky at level 30-35
Stunk evolves into Stanky again at level 36-100

crappy names are just for example

Last edited:
Venusaurus said:
just for the record im 19

..and you still play Pokemon and argue with 12 year olds? heh.

Anyway aside from odd people, I was thinking they'd have an evolved Pokémon with like 6 pre-evolutions (Attacker, Defender, Speed, Sp.Attacker, Sp.Defender, HP). They'd all evolve into the same Pokémon, but depending on what 'baby' you get from the egg determines on what statistic becomes the highest - an advantage to support what moveset you have etc

TTar-X

<-Don't wake him up!
Tommo_Volbeat said:
or how about a pokemon that evolves on two different levels? lets say there is a pokemon, it usually evolves on level 18, but if you hold off evoloution until level's 30-35 it evolves into a different pokemon, after that it evolves into the other one again.

That's a very interesting evoltuion method you came up with. I like it.
I haver an idea for a new stone evo method. Lets say that a pokemon can evolve 2 ways with a stone. He can evolve into 1 pokemon when given a stone, and its attack for example is higher than its defense. Then the other way, where a stone is given to that pokemon when its defense is higher than its attack.
Sort of like Tyrogue, but with stones instead of level up. :/

JazzJazz

Tommo_Volbeat said:

I don't mind this idea, but it'd be even more special if it evolved into the alternate pokemon on a single level... allow the player to speak to NPC's and such to discover this secret number (or just look on GameFAQs... no! Make it random for every game).

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
An evolution cave, wheras you train your Pokemon there for a bit, and radiation from stones inside "mutates" your Pokemon. Or bring back Berserk Gene and Soothe Bell, trade Pokemon holding one, (new ones obvisouly) and VOILA you have your Pokemon. Example:
Emotibot
+ +
BG SB
Berskaiod Soothatron

E

Ethereal

Hooray for bumped threads! :)

I can't believe this thread wasn't closed earlier. The stupidity, SPAM, and n00bism was just plain rampant in it.

*closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.