• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Difficulty in Pokémon.

Pokemon difficulty?

• Make it harder.

Votes: 177 53.0%
  • Make it easier.

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Don't change it.

Votes: 151 45.2%

• Total voters

Zorkzedork

Difficulty in Pokémon.

What do you think about the difficulty pokemon is at now?
Too easy, too hard, fine as it is etc?

I personally think it's easy enough to be accesible to new players but a tad too easy for experts.

Maybe a second quest after you complete the game, like zelda, that tests players to the max.

Dragonitor

<- Shiny Hunter
Yeah...that would be nice, because now when I complete the game I usually stop playing it if the story stops or if there are no more legendary to catch :D

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
I think they should make it more challenging after the League besides the national dex

Xx Flare xX

I'd say the difficulty is pretty much perfect. It's easy enough to pick-up and have fun but not "too easy" where you can destroy anything that gets in your way without much effort.

It would obviously be "a tad too easy for experts" because experts are just that ;) They would know alot more about type (dis)advantages and the best moves to use ect: making the game alot easier compared to everyone else.

The second quest idea is good :D I like a challenge!

Lord_Kain

Just call me Kain
whites been pretty hard so far compared to the past games.

until i got victini that is, victini is easy mode (early game at least)

finalname09

Na Na Niii
Probably don't change it, there are still a lot of kids (like young teens and pre-teens) that play Pokemon so maybe they should make a separate game for the experts or something.

Second quest is a good idea though!

LegendStar

KantoKing
Well I find Pokemon Black so far the hardest of all the ones I have played
(maybe because im not griding as much as I used to)
So for the new generation of children keep it as is.
But put a second quest :D

Venomrec

White's gym leaders are tough if you dont have a pokemon with there weaknessess. I like it though.

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
Keep it the same, just add this new idea for the veteran players

I've thrown this idea around with my friends (in person friends that is). I figured it would turn a few heads here too.
The idea of a "Supreme League", it's like the normal league (E4+champ, pays cash, no restrictions), except it's an optional quest, and all of their pokemon are Lv100 and EV'd. I was thinking to also toss in a few legendaries to make it such a tough fight that even competitive trainers have a difficult time.

Zorkzedork

I've thrown this idea around with my friends (in person friends that is). I figured it would turn a few heads here too.
The idea of a "Supreme League", it's like the normal league (E4+champ, pays cash, no restrictions), except it's an optional quest, and all of their pokemon are Lv100 and EV'd. I was thinking to also toss in a few legendaries to make it such a tough fight that even competitive trainers have a difficult time.

Good idea. I've thought of an elite four where their levels are the same as yours so you can't just use lvl100s against their lvl50s.

bdbboy9

maxe it harder!! I can't wait to get pokemon white which my parents are keeping until my birthday

Aegon

I like the current difficultly; there's always one Gym Leader who's a pain. I'd prefer if there was more to do after the E4, rather than a small quest. I liked the Sevii Islands in FRLG, as they were longer than the standard post-E4 areas.

runekey

Im actually surprised people care so much about the single player difficulty. It seems fine as it is to me, but then again, I dont really care for the whole getting gym badges thing

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
I'd say the difficulty is pretty much perfect. It's easy enough to pick-up and have fun but not "too easy" where you can destroy anything that gets in your way without much effort.

It would obviously be "a tad too easy for experts" because experts are just that ;) They would know alot more about type (dis)advantages and the best moves to use ect: making the game alot easier compared to everyone else.

The second quest idea is good :D I like a challenge!

I disagree, most of the time I just stock up on decent BP moves and walk right through the game without much trouble. I'd say Pokemon is getting even easier since Gen IV/V.

Gen IV/V:

Cynthia was the only E4 member to give me any trouble and that's only due to her Garchomp (evil) and I was around 5 levels below her with my whole team.

Gen V: I can now catch random Pokemon in the wild right before a gym and beat the whole gym with them. That's kind of sad in my opinion. Infinite TMs also makes it pretty much easier.

Personally I think they should bring it back to Gen I: Sure it was easy at times, but sometimes you actually had to be above the standard level of the E4 if you wanted a chance at beating them with 1 solo Pokemon.

What'd fix the problem is n option to do a difficult level, better AI (Lol I had 1 HP and a Pokemon kept using Leer on me ... ), better move sets, and make it so you can't just solo walk.

league (E4+champ, pays cash, no restrictions), except it's an optional quest, and all of their pokemon are Lv100 and EV'd. I was thinking to also toss in a few legendaries to make it such a tough fight that even competitive trainers have a difficult time.

That wouldn't make it harder at all. Throwing EVs only gives them more power/health/defense, and giving them legendaries means squats. They aren't all powerful as made out to be.

Last edited:

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
I think after beating the E4 twice, they should start using ubers. And OUs, if they can't fill it up.

Snipehsheep

Scottish American
I think after beating the E4 twice, they should start using ubers. And OUs, if they can't fill it up.

It would be unrealistic in the games story to see them with like, Arceus or Mewtwo. The only non-legendaries in ubers, to my knowledge, is Wynaut and Wobbufet.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
The only thing I think they should change is the AI. I've always thought this. Back in Gen. I, I remember Agatha would keep on using Hypnosis even after I was asleep, or she'd use Dream Eater when I wasn't.

And they haven't changed that in all this time. I had Audino use Attract on me after I was already attracted...