• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dig Those Diglett! (031)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Dig Those Diglett!

When a bunch of Diglett and Dugtrio stop creation of a Dam, all Pokémon trainers are being recruited to help get rid of them...but the Dam is going to destroy habitats of Pokémon. Can Ash & co. save the Diglett from the Construction Workers?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
W00t! A Shigeru appearence! ^_~ I really liked this episode for that and that alone. It was really nice seeing how he was doing. I also liked the man trying to play "whack a mole" with the poor lil' diglett XD

Also, this will sound stupid, but did anyone besides me think Kasumi was topless the first time they saw the bath scene of this episode? I mean, you can't tell she's wearing anything till she gets up! XD I was always somewhat surprised 4kids didn't freak out and try to make straps to her bathing suit.

C

Crystal Latios

Don`t you think, this episode was very funny?
It was funny, when TR was kicked by Diggletts. So small and so strong :p
Also, Gary was cool, haha, cheeky like always :)

Alfonso

Derpgull
Dejiko said:
W00t! A Shigeru appearence! ^_~ I really liked this episode for that and that alone. It was really nice seeing how he was doing. I also liked the man trying to play "whack a mole" with the poor lil' diglett XD

Also, this will sound stupid, but did anyone besides me think Kasumi was topless the first time they saw the bath scene of this episode? I mean, you can't tell she's wearing anything till she gets up! XD I was always somewhat surprised 4kids didn't freak out and try to make straps to her bathing suit.

Actually, I thought that too. Back in the old days of Pokemon, when I was still young and thought Misty was HOT, I was like, "OMG she's like, NAKED!" before seeing that she wasn't. :p But yeah, it looked like she was naked.

...Oh, and Ekans and Koffing evolved in this episode. :D

M

meggirl63

Gary was sooooooo cute, even though HE WAS SOOOOOO HOT IN A BASEBALL OUTFIT!!!!!!!!!

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I liked the joke concerning Ash being the one in 4th place. Something about him destined to stay last because of the 'shi' at the end of his name I recall. Which led to a shift in scenes to the infamous "I'm Jessie!" line. Which was actually amusing dub-wise due to the sheer radomness of it.

Bah, I was somewhat dissapointed to see Ekans and Koffing go so soon. Those two were just awesome. I'd have liked to have seen them stay as they were for a little while longer, but I suppose whats done is done. Arbok and Weezing were still welcome evolutions.

Alfonso said:
Back in the old days of Pokemon, when I was still young and thought Misty was HOT, I was like, "OMG she's like, NAKED!" before seeing that she wasn't. :p
I too used to share the same opinion on Misty. Ahh, good times. Good...disturbing...times. And for the record, I also thought she was naked in this episode. Hooray for the Misty-fanboy Gravy of 5 years ago :p

Alfonso

Derpgull
Gravy said:
I liked the joke concerning Ash being the one in 4th place. Something about him destined to stay last because of the 'shi' at the end of his name I recall. Which led to a shift in scenes to the infamous "I'm Jessie!" line. Which was actually amusing dub-wise due to the sheer radomness of it.

Bah, I was somewhat dissapointed to see Ekans and Koffing go so soon. Those two were just awesome. I'd have liked to have seen them stay as they were for a little while longer, but I suppose whats done is done. Arbok and Weezing were still welcome evolutions.

I too used to share the same opinion on Misty. Ahh, good times. Good...disturbing...times. And for the record, I also thought she was naked in this episode. Hooray for the Misty-fanboy Gravy of 5 years ago :p

...I remember the 'shi' thing. Well, the Japanese version of it, anyway. I think Satoshi said something about 'shi', which lead to someone mentioning that SHIgeru and TakaSHI also have the 'shi' in their names. And then MusaSHI buts into the joke and mentions her 'shi'. Or something. I'm not that good at remembering jokes.

Apart from the whole mushi/ushi thing, though. That said, aren't ushi COWaii? :p

Sebok

Banned
I actually felt kind of sorry for TR when they learned the construction was canceled. Was it me, or did anyone else get the feeling J&J thought they evolved their pokemon for nothing?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Diglett has always been a staple on my team. Tiny but mighty.

I loved how the Diglett returned to Gary his Poke Ball and he thanked it.

Oh yeah, I also loved the "Whack-a-Diglett".

It's episodes like these that makes me wish that they'd go back and think about what made Pokemon funny. Now-a-days, I watch more for the Magma/Aqua war but there are still a few episodes that make me laugh.

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
"You with the Pikachu on your head, pay attention!"

Ah, Koffing and Ekans evolved in this episode. Cool.
I love Weezing's Japanese voice. It's great.

The "shi" joke. The ushi, mushi joke. The kinoko, hinoko joke. Hehehe...

A pretty good episode. Wait, I didn't say anything about Diglett.
I like the Diglett. Them be very courteous Pokemon.

8.8/10

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Ahh, the evolution of Koffing and Ekans. I believe they didn't appear for over 250 episodes after this, when Arbok and Weezing left!

Heracross

Custom User Title
This was a great episode. I think this period in the animé is generally the best in the series, giving us such episodes as "Sparks Fly For Magnemite", "The Flame Pokémon-athon" and "The Bridge Bike Gang". Great stuff.

Anyway, I loved the guy who was in charge of building the dam. He was absolutely hilarious. Scratching off the top of his hard hat and trying to hit the Diglett like it was an arcade game.XD And I loved when everyone was taking and he just randomly screams "Can we please get back to da Diglett!?!".XD I think he was the one who needed a relaxing trip to the hot springs.

Not only was he one of the funniest people ever, but who could forget the name of the dam? I thought it was really funny that they named it the 'Giva Dam' in a kids show. Of course when I was ten, I didn't understand it (I was so dumb XP), but now I think it's great.XD

I could say a lot more, but I'll cut it short by saying this was a really funny episode overall, and one of the true classics of Kanto. I still watch it from the same tape I recorded it on six years ago. ^_^

P

PWDDragon

during this whole episode, i remember waiting to see what a Diglett's body looked like
but, we never found out

EDIT!: im a MARSH trainer!

Shikamaru

Strawberry Milk
I thought this was a funny episode! seeing the guy trying to hit all the digletts with a hammer really funny!

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
DIGLETT DIGLETT DIG DIGLETT DIG

TRIO TRIO TRIO

Outside of Gary waltzing in with his ego hanging out, this is a great episode. Loved it when the construction worker played "Whack-A-Diglett", Arbok and Weezing make their debut (though they didn't get much of a chance to fight) and I too loved the line "You with the Pikachu on your head, pay attention!"

Where they seriously gonna call that thing the "Giva Dam"? LOL! I thought 4Kids was more strict about censorship then that!

Very nice episode, I give it a 8/10, points deduced for Gary being in it. :p

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Shigeru-Kun said:

Agreed, when I first saw I was thinking "Is she really naked under there. Can they show that on a cartoon?".

And of course, the evolution of Team Rockets pokemon.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I notice this was the only episode where Arbok said his name as "Chaabokka". All subsequent episodes drop the last syllable (so it's just "Chaabok"). Don't know why they changed it...

This was a pretty wild episode. I never suspected that little eight-inch moles could bring down an entire dam from the inside out like that. Damn it if I didn't laugh at the foreman playing Whack-a-Mole in an attempt to drive the Diglett away. And Gary came back, as did his annoying entourage of cheerleaders - an aspect I am so glad they got rid of.

At least scissor-happy 4Kids couldn't get rid of the Japanese culture in this one - we got both a hot spring and Kabuki clappers within a minute of each other.

Sebok

Banned
(so it's just "Chaabok")

Why is that? Why is it that Arbok never said its' name right, or Weezing? Weezing always said "Relly Scared" or "Weezing Scared" or something to that effect before they changed it.

MISTYFAN4EVER8887

Heracross said:
Not only was he one of the funniest people ever, but who could forget the name of the dam? I thought it was really funny that they named it the 'Giva Dam' in a kids show. Of course when I was ten, I didn't understand it (I was so dumb XP), but now I think it's great.XD

Refresh my memory, did they pronouce it as it's spelled, or did they say "Gi- (long "i") -va Dam?

If they really pronouced as it's spelled, I'd be shocked. They also did the same thing in some episode of The Three Stooges.