• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dig Those Diglett! (031)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Trival fact Gary call Ash the last one to leave Pallet Town which if you know Ash's Japaneses name Satoshi which shi means four and Shi also mean death.

I'm...inclined to think those are not related. ^_^; I don't think the name Satoshi is commonly written with the character for "four," and I've certainly never seen it written with the character "death." Satoshi's name is written in katakana, but he is named after Satoshi Tajiiri, whose name is written with the kanji for "wisdom."

Shayuin

Banned
I don't think this episode's ending made sense. How could the construction foreman shut down the dam project without permission from his sponsors/whoever hired him in the first place?

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I don't think this episode's ending made sense. How could the construction foreman shut down the dam project without permission from his sponsors/whoever hired him in the first place?

He might've asked permission to end the dam's construction off-screen.

Leonhart

Imagineer
A pretty boring and forgettable episode. The only thing that stood out was the evolution of Ekans and Koffing. Too bad they got pummeled so quickly.
4/10

Matadogas and Arbok losing in this episode did feel kind of counterproductive since their evolutions didn't seem to have made them any stronger than before, although them evolving at all was still a good thing.

The dam's foreman seemed so Diglett phobic. He should've tried learning from the Diglett and Dugtrio instead of hiring trainers to exterminate them on his behalf. I liked seeing Ekans & Koffing evolve.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The dam's foreman seemed so Diglett phobic. He should've tried learning from the Diglett and Dugtrio instead of hiring trainers to exterminate them on his behalf. I liked seeing Ekans & Koffing evolve.

He didn't want to exterminate the Digda, he only wanted them gone, hence why Shigeru and the others were brought in to battle them.

gentwoer

Ugh another Captain Planet episode. Thankfully I think this is the last one in the Indigo League? This episode was pretty much Tentacool and Tentracruel 2.0 where a character of the days wants x Pokemon out of the way to allow with his plans and even offers incentive for the trainer who can do it. But then the twerps find out that X Pokemon is just protecting their homes and blah blah nature is beautiful.

Someone needed to inform Takeshi Shudo that dams are typically built for a reason and its not like a foreman can just call it off.

The real noteworthy thing about this episode is that Team Rocket's Pokemon evolve. It was a touching moment when they evolved just for their masters even though I was sad to see Koffing go. It was also surprising that 4Kids kept their very Japanese introductions courtesy of Team Rocket completely intact. I would have at least expected them to change the music or something.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Whilst I normally dislike preachy episodes where we get taught a lesson, I didn't mind the message of this episode, because protecting nature is a recurring theme in this series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
While we have witnessed Satoshi's Pokemon evolve during times of need, it is kind of amazing that Musashi and Kojirou's Pokemon seemed to have evolved here on a mere whim.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
The fact that Ekans and Koffing evolved without much experience and only because Jessie and James wanted them to feels like the kind of OS craziness that people tend to criticize. Part of me preferred Ekans and Koffing over Arbok and Weezing, so I'm kinda sad that we didn't get to know their first stages for very long.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
The fact that Ekans and Koffing evolved without much experience and only because Jessie and James wanted them to feels like the kind of OS craziness that people tend to criticize.

It wasn't that unreasonable when you consider that their love for their trainers is what caused them to evolve. It might have been a little cheesy, but we're supposed to believe that they gained the power to evolve based on willpower alone.

Oh no another one of these environmental themed episodes where Ash, Misty and Brock learn about taking care of the environment. I liked how the Digletts returned everyone's Pokeballs to their rightful owners when the squad of trainers decided to fight them. I also thought that James and Jessie wanting to evolve their Ekans and Koffing was a tender and touching moment even though their new Weezing and Arbok weren't that much stronger. 7/10

Diglett is cute, I still think its nose is its mouth
CHARBOKKKKKKKK I always thought Arbok's name was Charbok when I was younger because of this.