• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digging For Ice

Spire

soiya
This is a sequel of sorts to my old Hail team.

460-m.png

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Sp. Atk / 140 Spd
- Blizzard
- Grass Knot
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Leads, and saps health. The EVs have been pretty good so far, so I'll stick with them unless someone says otherwise.

237.png

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Rapid Spin
- Hi-Jump Kick
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Spinner, and Tyranitar resist. Never used Hitmontop before, so it'll be interesting to see how I go with him.

479-f.png

Rotom-S @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Sp. Def
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Air Slash

Blue Ace's Spin Rotom. Main Fighting resist. He's not too happy with the EVs, so expect them to change.

485-m.png

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 236 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

Fire / Dragon resist. Timid allows it to outspeed Skymin.

036-f.png

Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Calm Nature (+Sp. Def, -Atk)
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 100 Sp. Def / 4 Spd
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Encore

WishPasser and status taker.

365-m.png

Walrein @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def
- Surf
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

StallRein. You all know how this works, surely.

My main problem with the team is the lack of offensive options. I'd like to change that, but I'm also aware that the team has a fair bit of synergy as a stall team.

Last edited:

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Like I told you before, Metal Sound + SR Heatran could be an option if you don't feel like running a Scarfed version.

Gyarados can pose a slight problem to the team, but Abomasnow can deal with versions without Stone Edge seeing it's resistant to Water / Ice / Ground.

Spire

soiya
Like I told you before, Metal Sound + SR Heatran could be an option if you don't feel like running a Scarfed version.

Gyarados can pose a slight problem to the team, but Abomasnow can deal with versions without Stone Edge seeing it's resistant to Water / Ice / Ground.
Timid ScarfTran outspeeds Skymin, who is otherwise a huge problem.

Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Considering going with HP Electric over Ice on Heatran to tackle Gyarados.

Last edited:

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Bumping this because I've just noticed something.

I'm fairly sure Seismic Toss is for dealing with Raikou / Suicune, but I'm not entirely certain.

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
weavile should be nice like this:
weavile@???
adamant nature
(252 attack, 252 speed)
night slash
ice punch
brick break
sub

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
250px-Seven_of_nine.jpg

My calculations do not include Substitute as a viable variable in Weavile's moveset. Explain.

Spire

soiya
Bumping this because I've just noticed something.

I'm fairly sure Seismic Toss is for dealing with Raikou / Suicune, but I'm not entirely certain.
You would be correct.

Also, I don't even have a Weavile, or do I really need one. Why are you posting a Weavile moveset?