1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Digimon Adventure: Digidestined Face-Off

Discussion in 'Face-Offs' started by 345ash-greninja, Oct 17, 2018.

1. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja The FullMetal Alchemist

This is a Face-Off between all the Digidestined of Digimon Adventure (02 Digidestined included). Inspired by @-Nator- 's recently start Yu-Gi-Oh! DM Face-Off Thread, I thought that I should also create a similar Face-Off thread for one of my most favourite animé series that is Digimon Adventure.

How it works:

1) Only the Digidestined characters of Digimon Adventure (first series) and Digimon Adventure 02 would be included in this face-off, no other characters (not even the Digimon of the Digidestined themselves) would be included.

2) This Face-Off will consist of 3 rounds. The first round will have all the 12 Digidestined (8 original Adventure Digidestined + the 4 new Digidestined introduced in 02) face-off against each other in matchups. Every Digidestined will get to face-off against each other Digidestined in this round. Winning a matchup gives you 2 points, while loosing a matchup gives you 0 points. So overall every Digidestined gets to fare in 11 matchups in total in the first round and can score a maximum of 22 points (if the Digidestined wins all of his/her matchups) in total in the first round.

Its obviously understandable from the format of the first round that there would be a standings table for that round to keep a track of the positioning of the Digidestined (based on who has more points) after each matchup. After all the matchups of the first round are over, the 4 Digisdestined who will occupy the top 4 positions in the standings table would move on to the next round.

3) In case 2 Digidestined have the same amount of points on the standings table, the determination of which one would be ranked higher in the standings table would be done by the Net Votes system. The Net Votes of a Digidestined in the standings table would be determined by the margin of votes they win a matchup. For example, if a Digidestined wins a particular matchup by a margin of 3 votes, 3 gets added to his/her Net Votes, and if he looses a particular matchup by a margin of 3 votes, 3 gets subtracted from his/her Net Votes. So, if two Digidestined in the standings table have the same number of points, the one who will be higher on the table will be determined by who has the higher Net Votes.

4) In the second round, where only the 4 Digidestined who occupy the Top 4 spots in the standings table at the end of the first round would progress as mentioned before, the Digidestined occupying the 1st spot in the table would face-off against the Digidestined occupying the 4th spot in the standings table, while the Digidestined occupying the 2nd spot in the table would face-off against the Digidestined occupying the 3rd spot in the table. The 2 winners of these matchups would advance to the finals where the champion of this whole face-off would be decided via another face-off matchup.

5) In each and every face-off matchup, a Digidestined starts with 0 votes. The first Digidestined to reach 12 votes wins the matchup. If you wish to vote for a Digidestined, just at a vote to his/her tally and give a '+' sign beside his tally.

Rules:

1) All SPPF General, Games and Face-Off rules apply.

2) You can vote in a particular face-off matchup once in every 8 hours.

3) If you were ninja'd by someone while voting, please make sure to correct your tally.

4) Intentionally posting incorrect tallies in a face-off matchup will disqualify you from the game.

5) Have fun.

Tai Kamiya

Matt Ishida

Sora Takenouchi

Izzy Izumi

Mimi Tachiwaka

Joe Kido

T.K. Takaishi

Kari Kamiya

Davis Motomiya

Ken Ichijouji

Yolei Inoue

Cody Hida

First face-off matchup:

Tai Kamiya: 0/12

Matt Ishida: 0/12

NOTE: I'd start the first round standings table later on when each Digidestined has had at least 1 matchup. Before that the standings table is pretty redundant of course.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Pikachu is stronger than Ash-Greninja.

Tai Kamiya: 0/12

Matt Ishida: 1/12 +

3. 345ash-greninja

Tai Kamiya: 1/12+

Matt Ishida: 1/12

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  4. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 The Meltanzord

Tai Kamiya: 2/12+

5. xEryChan

xEryChan Queen of Fashion Staff Member Moderator

Tai Kamiya: 4/12 +

6. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Tai Kamiya: 5/12 +

7. 345ash-greninja

Tai Kamiya: 6/12+

8. Darthlord7

Tai Kamiya: 7/12+

9. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Blizzard Maiden

Tai Kamiya: 8/12 +

10. TheWanderingMist

Tai Kamiya: 8/12

Matt Ishida: 2/12 +

I actually don't care for either of them really. Tai just annoys me more.

11. 345ash-greninja

Tai Kamiya: 9/12+

Matt Ishida: 2/12

12. blizzardblaze

blizzardblaze Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime

Tai Kamiya: 10/12+
    You sly dog, you! I know exactly why you paired these two up together!

13. Darthlord7

Tai Kamiya: 11/12+

14. 345ash-greninja

Tai Kamiya: 12/12+

With this, Tai wins this matchup by a landslide. For the win, Tai gets 2 points whereas Matt gets 0 points. Since Tai won this matchup by a margin of 10 votes, his current Net Votes is 10. Since Matt lost this matchup by a margin of 10 votes his current Net Votes is -10.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  15. 345ash-greninja

Here's the next matchup:

Sora Takenouchi: 0/12

Yolei Inoue: 0/12

16. Darthlord7

Sora Takenouchi: 1/12+

The cooldown has been reset right?

17. 345ash-greninja

Sora Takenouchi: 2/12+

18. 345ash-greninja

Of course it has! The cooldown resets with every new matchup. :)

Darthlord7 likes this.
  19. TheWanderingMist

Sora Takenouchi: 3/12

Yolei Inoue: 1/12 +

This is entirely because Silphymon has one of the coolest backgrounds upon Digivolving.

20. xEryChan

xEryChan Queen of Fashion Staff Member Moderator

Sora Takenouchi: 3/12
    Yolei Inoue: 2/12 +

I’m not Sora’s biggest fan, if I’m being honest. I love Yolei though and her name is awesome.