• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon (All Seasons) Shippings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew The Gato

Then again, the excuse as to why Gatomon lost her tail ring was because it was so she could Armor Digivolve because everyone knows she would've wiped the floor with nearly every Digimon just by being Angewomon--or hell, if she Mega Digivolved. What I'd give for Magnadramon to appear in the actual show itself, if not Ophanimon.

Even just Gatomon herself with her Tail Ring. She would wipe the floor with any klutzy Champions who cannot match her speed. Not to mention she somehow had the upper hand on Mummymon, an Ultimate Level Digimon, without her Tail Ring.

And I am positive Magnadramon is more powerful than Ophanimon.

I don't know, and I don't care at this point. I didn't like the movie anyway, it just felt so hackneyed and rushed, and overall pointless. Almost like they really needed a movie and decided to make an unnecessary sequel to a good movie, thus mucking it up in the process. Because the writers of Zero Two couldn't write consistently.

As if they were all going solo. So many writers, no teamwork. Awesome.

And Our War Game was awesome anyway even without the shipping moments, because at least everyone was in character, the action was cool, and there were very little, if any plotholes. Also, the dub was great for that movie. Shame it got shoved into a crappily-edited movie for the dub, but by itself, it's amazing.

And I adored the animation. I really did. WHY did Angemon not come out and show unleash his awesomeness? Why did he have to target Patamon? ;^; At least Angemon got back at him, with Angewomon, in Diaboromon Strikes Back.

It's like I said, the Taiora ship is a ghost ship haunting the Shipping Seas. The fact that its presence is still strong to this day is proof of that. (I'd dare-say it's the most famous of ghost ships--probably because I don't know of any other ghost ships.)

Well, Davis / Yolei is another ghost ship. And maybe some with Ken. But they are nowhere as prevalent as Tai / Sora.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Even just Gatomon herself with her Tail Ring. She would wipe the floor with any klutzy Champions who cannot match her speed. Not to mention she somehow had the upper hand on Mummymon, an Ultimate Level Digimon, without her Tail Ring.

And I am positive Magnadramon is more powerful than Ophanimon.

Dammit, I wish I remembered that.

Ophanimon's got a cooler design, and she sticks to the angel motif.

As if they were all going solo. So many writers, no teamwork. Awesome.

That wouldn't surprise me. The fact it didn't become an unrecognizable mess at the end is really amazing, but it was still icky.

And I adored the animation. I really did. WHY did Angemon not come out and show unleash his awesomeness? Why did he have to target Patamon? ;^; At least Angemon got back at him, with Angewomon, in Diaboromon Strikes Back.

The animation's my favorite thing about the movie. [sub]The same director did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, which is an awesome movie.[/sub] Diaboromon targeted Patamon because he's weak. If I remember correctly, Patamon was in the middle of Digivolving like the others, but Infermon stopped them before they could finish. Oh dear God, Infermon's design was based off the Y2K bug.

Well, Davis / Yolei is another ghost ship. And maybe some with Ken. But they are nowhere as prevalent as Tai / Sora.

I reeeeeeally don't remember Davis/Yolei, I don't know of anyone who actually shipped the two. So even if they're a ghost ship, they can't do anything. Chances are it's more-or-less just vanished from existence altogether. (Ken/Kari I've seen quite a bit back in the day, so that one should count.)

Mew The Gato

Ophanimon's got a cooler design, and she sticks to the angel motif.

I think Magnadramon looks... cute. And I like animal-like creatures better than humanoid ones. That is just me, though.

That wouldn't surprise me. The fact it didn't become an unrecognizable mess at the end is really amazing, but it was still icky.

I wonder if they even took time to carefully read the things that the other writers wrote...

The animation's my favorite thing about the movie. [sub]The same director did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, which is an awesome movie.[/sub] Diaboromon targeted Patamon because he's weak. If I remember correctly, Patamon was in the middle of Digivolving like the others, but Infermon stopped them before they could finish. Oh dear God, Infermon's design was based off the Y2K bug.

Uh... because he is weak? How would he know he is weak? Although Infermon is still Dangerously Genre Savvy. He probably knows about Patamon's Magikarp Power or maybe he could sense it.

I reeeeeeally don't remember Davis/Yolei, I don't know of anyone who actually shipped the two. So even if they're a ghost ship, they can't do anything. Chances are it's more-or-less just vanished from existence altogether. (Ken/Kari I've seen quite a bit back in the day, so that one should count.)

I do not know much Davis/Yolei, either, except that it exists (or used to) and was in conflict with Davis/Kari.

Ken/Kari? I never heard of that. Do you know any details about it?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I wonder if they even took time to carefully read the things that the other writers wrote...

I doubt it, personally.

Uh... because he is weak? How would he know he is weak? Although Infermon is still Dangerously Genre Savvy. He probably knows about Patamon's Magikarp Power or maybe he could sense it.

Patamon's weak as he is. He gets a powerful boost when he becomes Angemon, but as a flying hamster, he's pretty useless when it comes to fighting off Digimon. That was the one thing that always bothered me about the first season was that Patamon couldn't do anything, and got himself hurt more than he hurt other Digimon.

I do not know much Davis/Yolei, either, except that it exists (or used to) and was in conflict with Davis/Kari.

Ken/Kari? I never heard of that. Do you know any details about it?

I really don't remember Davis/Yolei, then... I don't know if the pairing ever crossed my mind, once. (Yolei/Cody, on the other hand...)

I think it's because of the Dark Ocean. Ken was affected by it as much as Kari was, so that probably was the big thing. It wasn't a popular pairing, but I have seen a couple of things about it, so some people liked it, apparently.

Mew The Gato

Having so many writers gave them so much potential... yet, they were not careful enough to avoid the bad things about having so many writers... and then... this happened...

Patamon's weak as he is. He gets a powerful boost when he becomes Angemon, but as a flying hamster, he's pretty useless when it comes to fighting off Digimon. That was the one thing that always bothered me about the first season was that Patamon couldn't do anything, and got himself hurt more than he hurt other Digimon.

He is weak, but how did Infermon know that he is weak? Because he is a cute flying guinea pig? My favourite Rookie is too weak. ;^;

I really don't remember Davis/Yolei, then... I don't know if the pairing ever crossed my mind, once. (Yolei/Cody, on the other hand...)

I see how Yolei / Cody may exist... but I have never really heard about it before, either.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
For some reason I'm just not a big fan of Digimon anymore but I do still like T.K./Kari.

I never supported that pairing to be honest, even though it seemed like the most canon ship especially during the second season/series. I never liked T.K. and I felt that Kari deserved better; I used to ship her with Davis but I gave up after a while because Kari spent almost every moment of her life by T.K.'s side. It irked me to no end lol. Yolei x Ken was cool though. I love that they actually ended up together. I also shipped Tai and Sora from the first season/series, but that ship sort of fell apart after it seemed evident that Sora liked Matt more than Tai.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
He is weak, but how did Infermon know that he is weak? Because he is a cute flying guinea pig? My favourite Rookie is too weak. ;^;

I think Digimon can sense strength/power from one-another, or they're that good with foresight. Devimon was very suspicious of Patamon, and he was determined to get rid of him before he could Digivolve, even though I don't think anyone knew Patamon would become Angemon and thus have the power to defeat Devimon. It could also be another reason why Myotismon was so intent on abusing Gatomon to bend to his will.

I see how Yolei / Cody may exist... but I have never really heard about it before, either.

Probably wasn't very popular except for a small group of people. I dunno, when I saw the two together for the first time, I figured it would be either that or more of a brother/sister relationship. The two were stated to be good friends, right? It could've gone either way for them, but that apparently didn't last.

I completely forgot about this, but as I was reading the Digimon manga that I (finally) got my hands on, I was reminded of the episode focusing on Sora and Joe getting themselves involved in a creepy Bakemon occult. And thinking back on the anime as I was reading, I've come to the conclusion that Joe/Sora had much more chemistry than Matt/Sora. Not as much as Tai/Sora, of course, but Joe had a better chance of ending up with her even though it was unlikely to have ever happened officially. Why Joe/Sora fans haven't gone up in arms over it confuses me--oh wait, they were few in numbers...

Oh well.

Mew The Gato

I think Digimon can sense strength/power from one-another, or they're that good with foresight. Devimon was very suspicious of Patamon, and he was determined to get rid of him before he could Digivolve, even though I don't think anyone knew Patamon would become Angemon and thus have the power to defeat Devimon. It could also be another reason why Myotismon was so intent on abusing Gatomon to bend to his will.

...um... I said the same thing before, but you did not seem to agree: "He probably knows about Patamon's Magikarp Power or maybe he could sense it."

Probably wasn't very popular except for a small group of people. I dunno, when I saw the two together for the first time, I figured it would be either that or more of a brother/sister relationship. The two were stated to be good friends, right? It could've gone either way for them, but that apparently didn't last.

I actually thought that Yolei and Cody were siblings during the first episodes. They really seemed to have such a relationship. I probably did not pay attention to the clear indications in the first episode against this, though. XD

I completely forgot about this, but as I was reading the Digimon manga that I (finally) got my hands on, I was reminded of the episode focusing on Sora and Joe getting themselves involved in a creepy Bakemon occult. And thinking back on the anime as I was reading, I've come to the conclusion that Joe/Sora had much more chemistry than Matt/Sora. Not as much as Tai/Sora, of course, but Joe had a better chance of ending up with her even though it was unlikely to have ever happened officially. Why Joe/Sora fans haven't gone up in arms over it confuses me--oh wait, they were few in numbers...

Oh well.

Wow... Joe/Sora has more of a lead up than Matt/Sora. People often connect Matt/Sora to the "cave" incident in Adventure, but Joe was there, too...

Really, Sora and Joe seemed to have that adventure as if they had had similar ones tons of times before. Sora was willing to try and make Joe believe in himself. (Although that went horribly right.) There were no real conflicts between the two.

But no, they still had to go with Matt/Sora.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
...um... I said the same thing before, but you did not seem to agree: "He probably knows about Patamon's Magikarp Power or maybe he could sense it."

You did? I don't remember that... in any case, I came to that conclusion today reading the manga with Devimon. (It has been a while since I saw the anime, after all, but even then, I don't know if either answer is true or not.)

I actually thought that Yolei and Cody were siblings during the first episodes. They really seemed to have such a relationship. I probably did not pay attention to the clear indications in the first episode against this, though. XD

I thought for a moment they were until they said their full names (I think they gave their full names in the dub). Even if they didn't, that mindset didn't last long anyway.

Wow... Joe/Sora has more of a lead up than Matt/Sora. People often connect Matt/Sora to the "cave" incident in Adventure, but Joe was there, too...

Really, Sora and Joe seemed to have that adventure as if they had had similar ones tons of times before. Sora was willing to try and make Joe believe in himself. (Although that went horribly right.) There were no real conflicts between the two.

But no, they still had to go with Matt/Sora.

Yup. Poor Joe, he seems to be the butt monkey in the fandom, or at least he was until Davis showed up. He turned out to be a nice guy, so I probably wouldn't have minded Sora ending up with Joe in the end. But I don't think the two interacted much after they got back together as a group, so... I mean, the same thing happened with Mimi and Izzy. They just stopped interacting after they all met up prior to Etemon's arrival. It's kinda sad, they were cute together.

Mew The Gato

Yup. Poor Joe, he seems to be the butt monkey in the fandom, or at least he was until Davis showed up. He turned out to be a nice guy, so I probably wouldn't have minded Sora ending up with Joe in the end. But I don't think the two interacted much after they got back together as a group, so... I mean, the same thing happened with Mimi and Izzy. They just stopped interacting after they all met up prior to Etemon's arrival. It's kinda sad, they were cute together.

He seemed so confident and wise in Adventure 02. He was probably the most resourceful of the whole group, and had excellent foresight and ability to create strategies. He has lost his whiny attitude, highlighting his good side. He is overlooked really often, but he is one of the most interesting characters in the Adventure cast.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Oh yeah, speaking of Sora pairings, I don't hear much from the yuri fandom anymore. Sora/Mimi was popular as was Sora/Yolei in Zero Two (meanwhile, the only yuri pairings for Kari I can think of are Yolei/Kari and Kari/Gatomon[Angewomon]), then they just quietly went away. Meanwhile, the yaoi fandom is still going strong--not surprised. Though speaking of yaoi, I don't hear much of T.K./Ken anymore, either. Actually, in all honesty, the only yaoi pairing I ever truly hear from Digimon anymore is Tai/Matt. Kinda odd everything else fell by the wayside and became mute. Unless the Taiora/Sorato ships intimidated them...

Also, was Etemon never paired up with anyone? Not that I care since I don't care for the guy (I still believe he owns girlie magazines hurr hurr), but I'm just a bit curious since the other baddies have pretty much been paired up.

Mew The Gato

Oh yeah, speaking of Sora pairings, I don't hear much from the yuri fandom anymore. Sora/Mimi was popular as was Sora/Yolei in Zero Two (meanwhile, the only yuri pairings for Kari I can think of are Yolei/Kari and Kari/Gatomon[Angewomon]), then they just quietly went away. Meanwhile, the yaoi fandom is still going strong--not surprised. Though speaking of yaoi, I don't hear much of T.K./Ken anymore, either. Actually, in all honesty, the only yaoi pairing I ever truly hear from Digimon anymore is Tai/Matt. Kinda odd everything else fell by the wayside and became mute. Unless the Taiora/Sorato ships intimidated them...

I am surprised that Yolei/Mimi is not heard of that much. The episode... what was it...? The episode Family Picnic... had some implications between the two. Although I am not sure how Sora/Mimi and Sora/Yolei came to be. I can understand Yolei/Kari, though. Slap someone, and you get paired up with them. The DNA Digivolution pair...

Do Davis/Ken and T.K./Cody exist? I can also see the possibility of Cody/Ken and T.K./Davis.

Also, was Etemon never paired up with anyone? Not that I care since I don't care for the guy (I still believe he owns girlie magazines hurr hurr), but I'm just a bit curious since the other baddies have pretty much been paired up.

I have not heard of him being paired with anyone... though... if Etemon/Sora exists due to that one episode... o_0

I would be much more comfortable with Etemon/Datamon. Two Digimon I do not like paired up.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Do Davis/Ken and T.K./Cody exist? I can also see the possibility of Cody/Ken and T.K./Davis.

Davis/Ken exists, oh yeah, same with T.K./Davis. T.K./Cody does as well, but it's not as popular. I haven't seen anything for Cody/Ken, though, and I don't want to.

I have not heard of him being paired with anyone... though... if Etemon/Sora exists due to that one episode... o_0

Oh dear God, I hope not. But... *sigh* this is the Internet. It probably does exist somewhere. (I tried Googling it to make sure, and I nearly had a heart attack because I thought the search bar was giving options for Etemon and Gatomon.)

I would be much more comfortable with Etemon/Datamon. Two Digimon I do not like paired up.

Oh yeah, that guy. I'm sure that's the main one if it really exists. But it's still really creepy, and I don't think the two were on good terms anyway. (Not that that hasn't stopped anyone...)

Mew The Gato

Why exactly was Ken uncomfortable with interacting with Cody, again? Just because the latter held a grudge?

And they were so inconsistent with the children who agreed to have Ken in the group and who did not. In a single episode, T.K. and Yolei finally agree to have Ken in. (The former agreed long ago, but did not even participate in the quarrel. I would have loved to see Davis and T.K. team up for once.) The next episode, they shout at Davis for trying to bring Ken in...

Oh dear God, I hope not. But... *sigh* this is the Internet. It probably does exist somewhere. (I tried Googling it to make sure, and I nearly had a heart attack because I thought the search bar was giving options for Etemon and Gatomon.)

And even more disturbing is the fact... that some people would be really into it... despite the imagery... ugh...

Oh yeah, that guy. I'm sure that's the main one if it really exists. But it's still really creepy, and I don't think the two were on good terms anyway. (Not that that hasn't stopped anyone...)

They were not. But both of them were after Sora for their own reasons. Everyone is after Sora. Wait... is this a bit like Tai/Matt...? I hope not...

BlueDragonfangirl

Yah man, you wouldn't believe how popular Davis x Ken is, type in Davis under Digimon on YouTube and tons of videos for that pairing comes up. Honestly think it's the most popular pairing of season two, besides maybe T.K x Karai.

Question though...How popular was Ken x Yolie? Not like it mattered, it seemed like the writers for season two didn't know what to do and just felt like drawing straws to see what pairing should happen :/

Cody x Yolie? Isn't he younger than her? Way younger? I don't ship that way I guess, unless it's a crush type than i'd find it adorable but maybe not ship it. Though, towards the end I have to admit I did kind of ship Davis x Yolie, it had a love / hate type feeling to me but whatever.

I wish we could do a re boot of some sort for season two ending at least, though it is funny how Tai and Davis were in the same situations, Tai should have helped Davis more with that, let him know that Karai clearly wasn't intrested in him and that he has other choices, better ones than her or give him advice on how to maybe win her heart. They should have given these two more scenes, I loved the mentor like relationship they had in the series :)

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
Ever since I read V-Tamer I've been shipping TaixRei. For those unfamiliar, V-Tamer was a manga that came sometime before Digimon Adventure. Tai was the hero of the book but otherwise the cast was completely different from the anime, even Tai's digi'partner was different. Because of this TaixRei can be said to be older than any other Tai ship.

Sure, technically the manga is a separate continuity but I figure if Tai exists in both continuities so can the other humans. So I like to imagine anime-Tai eventually meeting the anime-Rei at some point between 02 & 25 years time skip.

So why do I ship them? Because of this. Yep, TaixSora was basically dead before Sora even existed.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this but I honestly did ship Matt/Sora. I felt like Tai was better off with Mimi then Sora plus, I never liked neither Sora nor Matt during the first season but they did grow on me during the second season.

From Zero Two, I really liked Davis/Kari. I know that it was pretty much hopeless since TK was her love interest but I never got behind TK/Kari. It was clear to see Davis had a crush on her and I was really hoping she would return his feelings at one point but it never happened. I don't think TK and Kari got together either, did they? I can still imagine, right?

From Tamers, I supported Takato/Rika. I hated Jeri for many reasons and I never liked her and Takato together at all.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Was always a fan of Koji/Zoe form Frontier

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Crap, I forgot to mention them. I always supported them too. But she had feelings for Takuya instead.

Never did like any Takuya ships. He just seemed too adventure savvy for something like a romantic relationship. Its hard to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.