• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Civil War (RPG Thread)

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Ragna, Valra and Osiris descended rapidly, ready for battle. Ragna clenched his fists, Valra unsheathed her energy blades and activated them, and Osiris focused on drawing out his mystic powers.

They impacted heavily in the crowded square, despite having to evade shots loosed by quick-thinking guards. The whole Dramon Empire seemed to have packed itself into the space to witness Arahon's execution, and it was nearly impossible to find a Dramon-free space.

Valra was first to strike, emerging from the impact to cut down a cluster of Commandramon, Guilmon, Dracomon and Dorumon with rapid slashes of her energy blades. Osiris was next, unleashing an Amulet of the Ancients that tore apart a trio of Tankdramon stationed on the roofs above.

Finally, Ragna stood and roared, drawing attention from every Dramon around. He saw Imego on a raised stage, Omni Sword in his grip and held over the tied down Arahon...

"NO!" the Dynasmon yelled, hurling himself into the air and at the Lord Protector, charging a Dragon Thrower before releasing it. Imego neatly swung the Omni Sword and cut the blast apart before bringing the blade to meet Ragna's charge.

"I've waited a while for this!" the Imperialdramon snarled "ever since you pathetic Avengers brought me low at the Paleozoic Sovereignty, I have planned for this! This is your end, Avengers!"

"No!" Ragna called "the only end today is yours! Today we end your tyranny! TODAY, THE DIGITAL WORLD IS FREE! BREATH OF WYVERN!" The aura of blue energy exploded from his body as he impacted...

But he was suddenly aware... this was not Imego... this was another Dramon...

Ruatemn.

The hated form of the UlforceVeedramon opposed him, Tensegrity Shield straining to block the mighty energies at Ragna's command.

"YOU!" Ragna spat, eyes narrowing as he drew back his fist. He hurled it forwards in a blaze of Dragon Thrower energy, striking the Tensegrity Shield with overwhelming force. The shield broke and sparks flew from the generator. Ruatemn kicked himself away to avoid the force of the punch as Ragna's Breath of Wyvern faded away.

"You're good, I'll admit that," Ruatemn hissed "but nothing will save you this time... not when Lord Imego decrees your end and punishes you for your rebellion! His might will finally end your pathetic Avengers and the Dramon Empire shall rule supreme!"

"THAT WON'T HAPPEN!" Ragna roared, lashing out once again as Ruatemn unsheathed the Ulforce Saber and delivered a slash downwards. Fist struck energy blade as crimson aura exploded forth from Ragna's claws, blocking the strike. Ragna drew back his other arm and hurled another vicious punch, all ten of his claws now shrouded in blood red energy.

The claws tore into Ruatemn and the UlforceVeedramon let out a mighty scream as Ragna proceeded to deliver a flurry of blows into his chest, ripping through layers of data. The Dragon Thrower empowered strikes were almost as effective as Tharor and Oberon's Dragon Crusher, disregarding all data protection Ruatemn possesed. Even the renewing powers of the UlForce couldn't hold back the destruction, Ragna's desire to save the Digital World manifesting as a force capable of ripping any Dramon apart...

Ruatemn gave one last gasp as Ragna unleahsed his mightiest punch with a roar of "BREATH OF WYVERN!" As the claws were driven forwards, blue aura mixed with red and gave birth to an aurora of destruction, a halo of devastation, a dancing display of utter crushing power...

The destructive energy was driven through Ruatemn's exposed and vulnerable Digi-Core by a single, final strike. The claws ripped through the glowing sphere and Ragna's power was free to destroy.

Ruatemn screamed for the final time as fire ran through his form, ripping away data and destroying him utterly. As he burned, the Dramon did one last thing...

He smiled.

"So it... ends," he groaned "our eternal battle... our last battle... the last fight of our Enforcers... it all happens here... remember those days, Ragna?"

"That one promise," the Dynasmon growled "that one day we would battle to see who truly deserved to lead more... and now we find out..."

"One final request, Ragna," Ruatemn spoke softly, a whisper on the wind "keep my memory alive. When you face Imego, for I have no doubt you will, tell him of our friendship... that promise..."

"I shall. Farewell, Ruatemn. Or... as your true name should now be spoken... Kaede..."

"Thank..." Ruatemn began, before flames utterly consumed him and his data exploded into a cloud of glowing particles.

"This... ends... now!" Ragna said, raising his gaze to Imego. The white paladin seemed to be smirking.

"Try your best shot," he taunted.

"VERY WELL!"

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Imego stood in his new throne room. That which once belonged to the Three Great Dramon now belonged to him, and he had used the reality-warping powers of the Omni Sword to shift the stone, steel, and gold to better accommodate his smaller size. The rebellion's traitor stood to his left, arms crossed and eyes narrowed. Gotungir the UlforceVeedramonX stood to his right, watching carefully as Gorgos Sigma the Darkdramon was carried into the room.

"So this is the fool who allowed the Avengers to liberate our prisoners," Imego acknowledged. It was more of a statement than a question. "I would punish him myself if he were not so close to death already."

"My Lord," said Gotungir. "Gorgos Sigma is among the most powerful of the Darkdramon; far superior to standard Darkdramon units. It would be a grave mistake to allow him to die."

"Hmmm. Perhaps," said Imego. "But I cannot allow such a failure to go overlooked, can I? His power will be put to use; brought to bear once more against the rebellion. However, it will not be his to wield." He turned to the traitor. "Could you make use of his power?"

"I don't understand," said the traitor.

"You will," said Imego. He raised the Omni Sword and pointed it at the near-dead body of Gorgos Sigma. "Initialize," he whispered. The Darkdramon's body broke down into infinitesimal specks of data and swirled over the length of the mighty blade. Imego then pointed the blade at the traitor and the Darkdramon's data pierced into him.

The traitor let out a howl of pain as his body began to shift and burst to accommodate this new power. It wasn't as simple as Digivolution. It was far more chaotic: painful, ripping, and tearing away at every facet of his being. His sanity ripped away: shattering into a billion tiny pieces.

And then everything was clear again: pulled back from the brink of death and entropy. The traitor rose to his feet and glanced over his new body. He let out a laugh, a dark, terrifying laugh.

"Impressive," said Imego. "Such power will surely be more useful in your hands than it was in Gorgos Sigma's. Don't you agree, Gotungir?"

"Of course, my Lord," answered Gotungir.

"Excellent," said Imego before turning back to the traitor. "You have been a great asset for the Empire, my friend. Though I often wondered why you betrayed your own kind."

"I do what I do for the chance to do it," the traitor answered simply. "I am strong and the world should know it. I do what I do for the glory of the Empire, and for the chance to be remembered forever."

"Wonderful," Imego sneered. "Come then, Goliath. Let's spread a little chaos."

And the Chaosmon smiled...

=====

Imego strode out before the assembled populace of the Dramon Empire. He gazed out over the sea of Digimon: they had come from all over the Empire just to bear witness to the fall of the Rebellion's greatest champion. Imego stood before them on a raised platform. Two Slayerdramon held Arahon down on his knees as they waited for him to be executed. Imego couldn't stop the grin from spreading: this was his dream, everything he hoped for.

"My people!" he called out, and the crowd grew silent. "We have gathered here today for a most glorious occasion. The traitor, the great monster himself, Arahon Alpha...is ours. I myself struck him down, and I have brought him here to answer to all of you for the crimes he has committed against our glorious Empire in the name of his unholy rebellion!"

The crowd exploded with roars and cheers and calls for Arahon's death. Imego stood with Gotungir at his side; he had ordered Goliath to stay hidden and out of sight to allow for his presence to truly terrify the Avengers when they showed up to rescue Arahon. And Imego knew they would.

Imego strode to center stage. "His guilt shall be judged by the citizens of the Dramon Empire. So way say you, my people? To Arahon's guilt, do you say nay?" Not a single Dramon uttered a sound. "And those who say yeay?" Every voice broke out in unison. "Then it is decided," said Imego. "Arahon shall die by this blade." He raised the Omni Sword. It glowed with all its awesome power.

A cannon blast ripped through the air and struck Imego, sending him flying back. Hyperion continued his assault: six more blasts fell from the sky as he descended, but they only served to knock Imego back. No significant damage befell him. Hyperion landed hard on the center stage and let loose the Transcendent Sword in a wide arc, forcing the surrounding Dramon back. Ajax landed beside Arahon and severed his chains with a swing from the Dunas.

"Rai, get Arahon out of here now!" Ajax ordered. He turned just in time to catch the full force of Gotungir's punch and was knocked backwards. As Gotungir pressed his attack, Ajax X-Evolved to take the fight to his level. He blocked a strike with his shield. "Not this time," Ajax snarled. "Lightning Joust!" A beam spiraled from the Gram Lance and struck Gotungir in the chest. It drove him into the crowd of Dramon, who were all scrambling to either get towards the Avengers or get away from them. Gotingur struggled to his feet.

Gotungir began his incantation "I summon the Fates of Witchenly, bringeth to me my destiny, that burneth bright and thus transform, with future sight to future form!" He became cloaked in a brilliant azure light. "Future Evolution! UlforceVeedramon Future Mode!"

"Not good," Ajax muttered. Valkur and Onaga moved to intercept Gotungir, but he unleashed a burst of energy and knocked them to the ground. Karasu was next. He exploded into his Burst Mode and clashed with Gotungir. But the Future Mode proved superior and Karasu was beaten down and smashed into the ground.

"Fine," Ajax growled. "Let's do this. I summon the Heart of Witchenly, bringeth to me the holy key, that shineth bright and thus transform, through crimson light to crimson form!" Ajax thrust his right hand to the sky, and a fist-sized sphere of blazing red appeared in his palm. The sphere suddenly exploded and its light washed over Ajax. "Crimson Evolution!" Ajax called out. The crimson light swirled over him. His armor became stronger and changed to a deep red hue as ten white wings emerged from his back. "Gallantmon Crimson Mode!"

Ajax and Gotungir smashed together, sending waves of crimson and azure energy ripping through the air.

"I'll hold him off!" Ajax roared over his shoulder. "Get Arahon to safety and prepare to teleport out of here!"

Rai dropped down low and draped Arahon's arm over his shoulder. But the big black knight was heavy, and moving him would be slow going. And the Dramon surrounding them would take advantage of that. Thankfully, Hyperion had no intention of letting them through. The white knight hacked and slashed, and his terrifying presence kept all but the most devoted Dramon away. Hyperion leveled his cannon and let loose a beam of roaring power. He swept it over the Dramon, killing dozens.

"If you want him," he growled. "Come and get him!"

Rai was already up in the air with Arahon, flying him out of the battle towards where Kairi said she would be waiting. But his flight was seen by Imego, and the new master of the Dramon Empire would have none of it. With a roar, Imego lashed out. Power exploded from his body, vaporizing every Dramon within a ten foot radius and knocking Ragna to the ground. Imego launched himself into the air. He closed the gap between himself and Rai in seconds, but Rai noticed him. He turned and fired at Imego with one arm. But Imego plowed through his attacks, forcing Rai to drop Arahon and fire at Imego with full power.

The attacks did little to slow Imego down, and with a single swipe of his sword, he severed Rai's forearms, slicing the cannons in half.

"Rai!" Karasu shouted. The Burst Mode Digimon shot up into the air and slammed into Imego. He used his superior speed to keep him off balance while Onaga and Valkur tended to Rai and Arahon.

"Gapsar! Strom!" Valkur shouted. "Get Arahon and Rai out of here." Without another word, Valkur and Onaga merged together...and Genesis launched into the air just in time to block a potentially fatal slash from the Omni Sword.

"Thought you could use a hand," Genesis said to Karasu with a smirk.

"Much obliged," Karasu answered. "Crimson Formation!" He slashed at Imego with two blades of crimson energy.

Genesis followed with Heaven's Thunder, and the lightning carried Imego to the ground and pinned him there. He called upon the Zero ARMS Orochii once more and lashed out with Celestial Blade. The attack stabbed through and skewered Imego. Genesis broke his weapon into its components and grabbed the Dragon Soul Sword. He motioned to Karasi: attack!

"Lightning Thrust!" Karasu shouted. Lightning erupted from his wings and lanced into Imego, cutting right where Genesis's attack had. The attack exposed Imego's digicore, and both Karasu and Genesis descended quickly from the sky and pierced Imego's digicore with their blades.

The white dragon let out a howl of pain as power exploded from his body it knocked Genesis and Karasu back. They stared, eyes wide with terror and disbelief, as Imego rose from where he lay and staggered towards them. It shouldn't have been possible for him to keep moving...but he was.

"Impossible," Genesis whispered.

"Supreme Cannon!" Hyperion shouted. A concentrated beam of blazing blue energy ripped through the air and slammed into Imego. It continued to burn away at his physical form, but Imego kept walking through it. Karasu attacked with his Mourning Dance, slashing away at Imego's body, and though the attacks would normally have caused him great distress, Imego didn't seem bothered by it in the least. His entire body was cut away: all that remained was a swirling mass of fractal code in Imego's shape.

"Thank you," he roared in laughter. "I could not have done this without your help. You see, the Paladin Mode was holding me back. It couldn't unleash my true might. By destroying my body, you've allowed me to attain the power that is my destiny." The fractal code began to swirl and fold in upon itself. It glowed brightly and burned the air and ground around it. "Mode Change!" The light pulled in on itself and solidified, giving shape and form to that which had previously never existed. Imego stood and the cusp of new power. It was all his. "Kaiser Mode!"

His new form was terrifying to behold. The armor on his legs, waist and shoulders was colored blood red, as was his once-blue skin, while the armor on the rest of his body was blacker than pitch. His wings were black as well. But the most terrifying sight was what once had been the Omni Sword. It was black, glowing with an infernal red aura. Whatever holiness that might have been with the Paladin Mode was no more. The Kaiser Mode was true evil, a true affront against nature and the Digital World.

"Impossible," Genesis whispered once again. "There's no way."

"Oh, but there is," said Imego with a sneer. "You'll all perish today. Thank you for indulging me. Now, allow my Twilight Sword to show you to your graves!"

Imego exploded forward, moving with power and ferocity never seen before. Genesis wasn't deterred, however, and attacked as well. The two swords clashed together, but the Dragon Soul Sword was completely and utterly shattered by the Twilight Sword. Imego cracked Genesis with a mighty backhanded blow, and the scarlet warrior was sent flying across the battlefield.

"You're next, little Ravemon," Imego snarled. He rushed Karasu, overwhelming him with surprisingly fast slashes and stabs. He hacked away, slicing through Karasu's bladed wings. Karasu's hesitation was all Imego needed: he stabbed him through the stomach and Karasu dropped to his knees. "Don't worry," he growled. "You'll all kneel before me eventually." Then with a casual swing, Imego removed Karasu's head from his shoulders.

"Karasu!" Rai called out in agony. The injured Rapidmon stared at his fallen friend in shock. "You monster!" he cried. "I'll kill you!"

"Oh, you little invalid, I truly doubt that," Imego laughed. "But you're welcome to try."

"You killed my friend," Rai growled. "You're dead!" He began to glow with a fiery golden energy. Rai launched himself forward, but Imego didn't even put up his defenses. Rai slammed into Imego's midsection, tackling him. He carried the mighty dragon through the air as the light surrounding him began to blaze violently. "Take this, you big bleached son of a--"

BLAM!!!!

Rai exploded, casting golden energies over the battlefield. A crater formed where he had sacrificed himself. The walls of which were blasted to glass that glowed with a golden hue. Golden smoke rose from the crater and remnants of Rai's golden armor littered the ground.

But Imego was entirely unharmed. He held Rai's cracked golden helmet in his hands and crushed it, a symbolic gesture to show how futile Rai's efforts had been. He strode from the crater with the greatest of ease. He was far beyond everyone else. His power was absolute, and they all had to know it.

Hyperion roared. He drew his Transcendent Sword and fell upon Imego. But he was suddenly struck by a blast of power equal to that of his Supreme Cannon. He crashed to the ground and turned to face his attacker. He wasn't prepared for the bizarre creature that greeted him. It wore a white and black leather coat and had strange, green ribbons trailing from its arms. Its legs were the same green color. A cannon protruded from the mouth of a Darkdramon head on the creature's left arm, while a BanchoLeomon head adorned the right arm.

"What are you?" Hyperion demanded.

"You don't remember me?" the creature laughed. "I'm hurt. It was me, after all, that led you into that fateful trap."

"Allow me to reintroduce you all to the traitor you've been so eager to find," said Imego. "You know him as Goliath."

"Goliath?" Hyperion whispered in shock. "It cannot be. They saw you die!"

"They saw what I wanted them to see," said Goliath.

"You made me into this," Hyperion growled. "I'll kill you!" He launched himself at Goliath, his sword drawn. But Goliath met his charge and held steady.

"I'm you're equal, Hyperion," Goliath sneered. "No. In fact...I'm your better!" The two began their battle, ripping the earth apart in their struggle to kill one another.

"We need to get out of here!" Genesis groaned as he rose to his feet. "Imego's too much for us now; he's already killed Rai and Karasu. We have Arahon. Let's get out of here while we still have the chance. Kairi!"

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Karmas hacked away at the various Dramon, which were starting to overwhelm him. An AeroVeedramon jumped up from the crowd and latched itself onto Karmas' back.

"Frozen Arrowhead!" roared Karmas.

The Korikkakumon raised his now-glowing axes, and slashed at the air. Several icy beams shot out of them, arrows which quickly homed towards the Dramon on Karmas' back. As the AeroVeedramon died, Karmas looked up and saw Imego transform and then quickly dispose of Karasu and Rai.

"It's not possible," muttered the Korikkakumon as he watched the carnage unfold.

However, he had to get back to the fight that he was currently a part of.

Meanwhile Kairi was waiting in the forest for the signal to teleport the Avengers back to base. What she didn't notice was the digimon which was sneaking up on her.

"Genocide Gear!"

The Gigadramon behind Kairi shot out a large grey beam from its blaster. The beam slammed into the Sakuyamon. Kairi turned around, took in what she was facing, and then Kairi swung her staff around.

"Spirit Strike!"

Four different coloured foxes shot out of Kairi's staff and sped towards the Gigadramon.

"Kairi!"

Kairi turned towards the direction of the voice of Genesis before she sent him a quick telepathic message.

I'm a little bit preoccupied at the moment. A Gigadramon snuck up on me, and I'm going to have to defeat it before I can safely teleport everyone.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom stood completely still amidst the carnage. It all happened so fast for him. One second he was stoked and ready for action, the next he saw two of his comrades killed and found out that not only was Goliath alive, but was the traitor and Imego was now had god-like powers. The Spinomon was still processing what was happening.

He blinked vacantly and came to the fleeting realization that Arahon was in his left claw and he was already staggering to the jump point near where Kairi was.

"Strom!" Gapsar shouted, walking along side him and incinerating any living dramon he could.

The Spinomon slowly turned his attention to Gapsar. The MasterTyrannomon pointed at the Gigadramon who was engaged in combat with Kairi, thus preventing the escape. Strom nodded and trudged towards the Gigadramon. With his Arahon-less claw, he grabbed the Dramon's mid-section and then bore his teeth down on the Gigadramon's neck. Still in a state of shock, Strom, without even thinking, ripped the Dramon in two and felt a burst of data explode from his mouth and claws.

He then turned around and stood, looking at Gapsar. Gapsar glanced back at him. The MasterTyrannomon couldn't help but notice Strom's unusual behaviour, but he didn't blame him. Gapsar also felt pain for the loss of Karasu and Rai. Nothing would be the same without them.

Strom looked down at Arahon and crackily whispered. "...You better be worth it."

PeeGee

ROAWR!
"Thank you," Kairi said to Strom after he destroyed the Gigadramon who had been attacking her.

Swinging her staff out Kairi sent out another message before she started the teleporting spell.

Guys, I'm getting ready to teleport.

With a simple swing of her staff the Avengers once again disappeared in a flash of white light.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
(DAMN IT! I HAD TO GUESS GOLIATH WAS THE TRAITOR AFTER I HAD TO GET OFF THE COMPUTER LAST NIGHT! I HAD TO REALIZE NONE OF US SAW HIM DIE THEN!)

Ragna continued his assault, not able to strike Imego due to the large numbers of Dramon, instead focusing his efforts on the Dramon crowd to allow Rai safe passage with Arahon. He saw Hyperion attempting to do the same and knew he was making the right choice: it was their best option.

His Dragon Thrower empowered fists tore through a group of Darkdramon, their data surging into him and forming a halo of potential around his now glowing form...

"X-EVOLUTION!" he called, shining body reforming into his more draconic X-Evolution "DYNASMON X!"

In his X-Evolved form, he set about ripping through the Dramon warriors with renewed determination, DoruGreymon, DoruGoramon, WarGrowlmon, Wingdramon, Groundramon, they all fell to his powerful attacks.

Then, the world changed.

Gotungir's Future Evolution didn't cause the change.

Ragna was tossed aside by Imego's attack as the Paladin hurled himself after Rai. He stood, roaring as he launched himself after the white armoured Imperialdramon, ready to end the war.

Breath of Wyvern burned into life around him, followed by the crimson aura of Dragon Thrower on his claws. The energy from the attacks merged, creating a powerful display of destructive force.

However, Karasu in his Burst Mode and the newly formed Genesis intervened, despite Rai suffering serious injury. Ragna turned back to the Dramon masses.

That was a big mistake...

He watched in amazement as Imego was cast down from his majesty and crushed into the ground.

Then, twin blades, one of lightning, one of flame and steel, pierced the lord of the Dramon Empire through the Digi-Core.

It was impossible. Ragna couldn't believe it as he watched the two blades rip through Imego, the shining paladin screaming even as there was an explosion of tremendous power.

Ragna's cold blood seemed colder.

There was something wrong.

Imego stood, and the Dynasmon's blood froze.

His heart stopped for a single second in pure shock.

"No!" he gasped "this can't be!"

Imego took steps forward, striding through even Hyperion's mighty attacks with serene grace.

It was wrong. No one could take such powerful strikes and live.

It couldn't happen...

Then Ragna's blood froze once more.

Valra leapt for Imego, drawing her blades to stab him through the Digi-Core.

He regarded her silently before calmly evading her attacks and continuing.

Ragna wanted to tell her to stop, to get back, but the words wouldn't reach his tongue.

Karasu struck at Imego, but the paladin seemed to glow as his body finally collapsed into data and reformed.

"No." The single word, disbelief primary in the tones speaking it, fell from Ragna's lips. Even the Dramon soldiers seemed shocked.

"MODE CHANGE!" Imego roared, the light of his apeothesis shining like a star going nova...

"KAISER MODE!"

The light faded to shadow, revealing a terrifying new Imego. His white armour had faded to black and blood red, as his skin faded to crimson. The gold remained the same, but even that seemed darker.

Ragna had nothing to describe the horror this abomination aroused in him. Sheer wrongness radiated from Imego, as did an aura of pure malice and power.

This Imego was utterly destructive.

Higher up, Osiris saw Imego and felt his entire body, no, nature itself convulse. Imego was twisting the Digital World, the imbalance had reached a peak.

The Kaiser Mode had to be destroyed, before Gog and Magog were released... before Anubis Teth-Adam's words would finally become reality.

Luckily, Ragna and Valra were of similar minds.

The Dynasmon X unleashed simultaneous blasts in a furious DNA Disintegrater, but Imego swung his Twilight Sword and reflected the energy back at Ragna, magnifying its power immeasureably.

Ragna took the blast at full force and was crushed into a building, a howl of pain tearing the air as the enrgy exploded catastrophically.

Genesis was dealt with next, hurled away by the sheer physical power Imego's Kaiser Mode possessed, followed by Karasu, who was destroyed in but an instant.

"What a price we pay," Osiris murmured "for letting this imbalance endure. Now a god is unleashed upon this earth. Anubis Teth-Adam, please, aid me!"

But the Lord of the Dead was silent.

Rai was torn apart in a suicidal charge at Imego, and Osiris watched in horror.

The Avengers, the undefeated, were being destroyed with no effort at all from Imego.

This was the true power of all Imego's victims, the Digimon Sovereign, the Three Great Dramon, all their power culminated in the birth of a god among mortals.

Hyperion charged, only to be struck by a Chaosmon...

Then, the unthinkable words were spoken.

Ragna heard the words, and his eyes narrowed in shock.

"Goliath?" he growled "no! THIS CAN'T BE!"

But he saw it, in but a second.

Who, other than Goliath, Arahon, Braon, Artemis, Apollo and the Avengers themselves had known of the attack? They had never seen Goliath die.

It all came together in but one second.

Ragna let out a scream of outrage, that the leader he had trusted, believed could lead them to defeat the Three Great Dramon, had betrayed them.

"YOU ******* TRAITOR!" he screamed, emerging from the ruins of the collapsed building with murder in his eyes and fire in his soul "BECUASE OF YOU, OBERON GAVE HIS LIFE! BECUASE OF YOU, JAGER AND THAROR HAD TO ENDURE LIMITLESS AGONY! YOUR OWN FATHER BELIEVES YOU'RE DEAD! AND ALL THIS TIME, YOU BETRAYED US!"

Apparently, Hyperion was just as furious, rushing to attack the Chaosmon that had once lead his past selves into battle as BanchoLeomon.

Valra stood motionless in this chaos.

The world had shattered around her.

Imego was reborn as a god.

Goiath had betrayed them.

It all broke around her.

There was but one goal left: Imego's end.

She charged, unsheathing her blades to stab the Kaiser Mode Imperialdramon and finally end the death and devastation he brought. The deaths of her comrades only lead her onwards as he turned, raising the Twilight Sword.

Flames burned on the blade, like the very depths of hell, they rose. Fire swirled aroudn Imego as Valra brought her twin blades crashing down, only to be met by the unstoppable darkness of the Twilight Sword.

The blade pulsed and her energy blades shattered like glass.

A kick from Imego thudded into her stomach and she was hurled back, retching as the blow crushed her armour and skin into her stomach.

Then he hurled her into the air and followed, still blazing.

"Do you know what I promised Arahon?" he taunted "that your pathetic rebellion would BURN! AND YOU SHALL BURN FIRST! BLAZING HELIX!" The flames on the Twilight Sword spun as he raised it and, as he passed Valra, slashed it down, rending through her.

A scream tore from her as the Sovereign level flames of Zhuqiaomon ripped through her body, turning her into an infernal pyre.

Another scream as she started to dissolve...

"THIS!" she screamed, eyes glazing over as something came to her "IS... THE WAY... THE WORLD... ENDS!"

She exploded into data, Imego laughing as she died.

Ragna let out an anguished scream even as the surviving Avengers were teleported away in a blaze of white light...

(Kaiser Imego is awesome!)

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Ragna's scream sent chills through Strom, as did the death of Valra, the third comrade lost in that battle. The Avengers reappeared at their HQ. Everyone's mood was rather downcast or stunned. The Spinomon looked over to see Ragna on his knees in obvious sorrow. He knew how much Ragna loved Valra. Strom's guilt was overpowering him. All this time he thought Ragna was a traitor, but now he realized he was the farthest thing from it.

While still carrying the drained Arahon, Strom walked over to Ragna's side and kneeled down. He put his claw on the warrior's back. "Ragna... I'm so very sorry... I-..."

Strom couldn't finish his thoughts. He felt tears running down his face and he quickly turned away and looked at the ground, hopefully from everyone's view. Much to his dismay, one of his giant tears dripped off his nose and splashed down onto Arahon's black armour. Normally, Strom would have cared more, but his guilt and sadness at the loss of their fallen comrades was too great at the moment. Strom was surprised he had felt this strongly about losing fellow Avengers; it wasn't like he lost a comrade from the Paleozoic sovereignty. After all this... he felt he must have bonded with them. Strom continued to attempt to hide his face and not drip any more tears onto Arahon Alpha.

Gapsar, however, released a mixture of a sigh and growl. he looked around and noticed the general mood of the group. He glanced over at Ajax, the leader of the Avengers, hoping he would say something to boost their morale, though he knew that that would be a hard task, even for him.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Ragna heard Strom's words, the tone in which they were spoken telling him that Strom now cared.

It mattered not to him.

She was gone.

Valra was dead.

She had given her very life... all for nothing!

"Send me back," Ragna growled softly, shoulders shaking in rage and pain. "Send me back!"

He stood, body ablaze with azure aurora from his Breath of Wyvern. Grief overcame reasoning, agony overcame control.

"Ragna..." Osiris began, stopping abrutly as the Dynasmon turned to face him, eyes full of rage and loss, pain and sorrow. Azure flame lapped at the air, burning on his skin without damaging him at all.

"Send me back!" Ragna repeated. He turned away from Osiris and towards the group at large.

"Ragna, please..." Osiris murmured "I know how you..."

"HOW I WHAT?!" Ragna roared, wheeling around "YOU DON'T KNOW, OSIRIS! NONE OF YOU CAN KNOW HOW I FEEL! VALRA IS DEAD!"

"I know!" the Anubismon snapped "I saw her die! Ragna, I'm sorry for your loss, but going back to face Imego's Kaiser Mode would be suicidal!"

"You're not sorry," Ragna snarled "you're not! You can't be sorry!"

"Why can't I! Ragna, she was as much my friend as she was yours!"

"SHE... WAS NOT... JUST... MY... FRIEND!" Ragna screamed, aurora of devastation exploding outwards to sear away the grass beneath his feet "I LOVED HER! NOW SHE'S GONE! HE TOOK HER LIFE AND SNUFFED IT OUT LIKE A DAMN CANDLE!"

"I SAW THAT!" Osiris cried out "JUST CALM DOWN! RAGNA, WE'RE ALL SORRY!"

"No you're not," Ragna growled "not yet. Try saying sorry when you know what it's like to lose the one you love! Apologize then, when I know you're sincere!"

"I am sincere!"

"I don't believe you! NOW SEND ME BACK!" He spun to face Kairi, whole form ablaze.

His X-Evolved form looked terrifying when ablaze with that dark halo of flames and rage. He took a step forwards,

"SEND ME BACK!"

Another step. He was three away. He took another. Two more steps.

"SEND ME BACK!"

Another step. One more.

"SEND ME BACK!"

He took a final step.

"Send me BACK!" he roared, lashing out and grabbing her by the throat...

Kamotz

God of Monsters
"Stop this madness now!" Hyperion roared. He grabbed Ragna and ripped him away from Kairi. He pinned him to the ground as Onaga and Valkur came to help. "You want to die? Are you so sure? Well then die with meaning! Give your life a purpose! Don't just throw it away! Valra would not have wanted you to waste it so. The pain you feel now, like a cannon hole in your chest. It hurts. And it will never go away. But you can channel it; focus it towards a goal. Make that goal be Imego's death, Ragna." He let Ragna up, and they all turned to Ajax

Ajax knew. He knew they were looking to him. They wanted him to lead, to tell them that this was all going to be okay. But Ajax didn't have the words. He thought...hoped that they'd be able to stop Imego together. With all their power upgrades, DNA Digivolutions, and Mode Changes, Ajax had hoped that they would be able to come together and conquer the Paladin Mode. But now, with the revelation of the Kaiser Mode, Ajax's hopes were dashed. Gotungir's Future Mode was equal to his Crimson Mode, and Goliath's power seemed to be equal to Hyperion's.

Goliath. Ajax still couldn't believe he was the traitor. It hadn't seemed possible. He remembered the beating Goliath took at Imego's hands. Had that all been for show? He glanced over to Hyperion. The great white knight seemed to be quaking with rage. Good. Let him be angry. Let him tear Goliath apart. I would only help their cause.

"What do we do?" Onaga asked the question that was on everyone's mind.

"I don't know," Valkur whispered. "The Paladin Mode was one thing. But this...this is leagues above anything we've ever faced. Imego's more powerful than the Sovereign. Even with all of us at full strength...I don't know if we can do it."

"We have to stop him," Ajax said. "There's no question. We have to. If we don't then this world will burn to ash. And I will not be the one who let it do so."

"But how do we stop something like the Kaiser Mode?" Valkur wondered.

"We hit it until we can't hit it anymore," said Ajax. "Imego will be cocky; he'll let us hit him just to show how superior he is. We'll use that to our advantage."

"I'm in, too," said Braon as he walked over. "And I'm sure Arahon will want another go when he's back on his feet."

"We'll mobilize our forces right away," said Apollo. "I'll try once more to hail my siblings and ask for their assistance. The might of three more Olympians will surely be of use in the coming struggle." Ajax nodded.

A brilliant light shone from overhead, washing over the island and the sea as a great expanse of holy light. The Celestial Sphere shimmered into view and legions of holy Digimon flew down to the rebel camp. At their head was Seraphor, Ophania, and Cherubei.

"Our Lord Valdor has detected an immense disturbance," said Seraphor, "One that threatens all planes of the Digital World. He sends us with his apologies. You were right, Apollo Panhelios. We must stand together, or die separately. To this end, you have the full support of Lord Valdor's warriors: the Choirs of the Celestial Sphere."

"Looks like things just got a little brighter," said Braon. "And look, they're coming from everywhere. The Royal Hive, the Paleozoic Sovereignty, the Leomon Tribe, the Wolf Clan. All our allies are joining us."

Arahon slowly rose to his feet. He was plainly still injured, but Braon helped steady him and hold him up. "Then this is the endgame," he whispered. "All the pieces have fallen into place. Anubis Teth-Adam spoke to Osiris and I of a prophecy, and I have no doubt that we are seeing it come to pass."

"So what do we do?" asked Onaga.

"That is not for me to decide," Arahon answered. He turned to Ajax. "It is yours, Ajax. You must be the one to decide our next course of action."

Ajax closed his eyes. He pictured everything he and the Avengers had been through. The Paladin Mode, the Kaiser Mode, the armies of the Dramon Empire, the Future Mode, Goliath...and suddenly, he knew. He understood their only chance.

"Divide and conquer," he said simply. "We can't beat Imego if we have to contend with the rest of the Dramon forces. And we can't face their armies if we have to worry about Imego. So we need to draw him away from his armies. We need an elite group: those of us who know how Imego fights. We've all seen his movements: they're burned into our minds. He's predictable...dangerous, but predictable. Avengers, you know where you're going: into the belly of the beast. Apollo, if you can gather all six Olympians, we'd stand a much better chance. Braon, we need you and Boagrius to lead our forces into battle. Arahon, you're with us."

"What if he has help with him?" Valkur asked. "The UlforceVeedramon X, and Goliath."

"Goliath is mine," Hyperion snarled.

"And I'll deal with Gotungir," said Ajax. "We'll take them out of the game while the rest of you focus on Imego." He took a moment to look over his team. "Okay. If any of you want out, now's the time to say so."

But he already knew their answers...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom quickly got over his emotions during Ragna's outburst. Hyperion was right- now was not the time to grieve. The only time was when it was all over. His feelings that he had fought so strongly to hide were quickly turned back into anticipation and adrenaline. "This time... Imego will not escape."

The Spinomon let out an excited roar. Gapsar did similar and shot a grin to Strom, happy that he was back to his normal self. Strom however looked over at Ragna. "That fool better not do anything stupid..." Strom thought to himself.

Strom glanced at Ajax. "When do we mobilize, Ajax? And any further tactics for those of us facing off against Imego? Things could get messy if we all try to pile on him similtaneously."

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
The rage ebbed away, replaced by shame.

What had he done?

He shouldn't have lost control. He should have accepted what had happened and tried to move on.

Instead, he had sought solace in death.

He was a fool.

Ragna reflected on Hyperion's words. He didn't deny that the Omnimon was right. Regardless of the pain in his heart, he had to endure. He was an Avenger.

And now, he had three more souls to avenge.

Rai, Karasu and Valra. Three comrades, destroyed by Imego.

He reflected back. The Avengers had been formed to avenge those torn away from the world by Imego and the Dramon Empire. At first, those people had only been Jager, Tharor, Oberon and... Goliath.

Now, there were more to avenge. But one name would never be avenged, becuase he didn't deserve it after his crimes.

Goliath had betrayed them all.

It occured to Ragna that it was Goliath's fault Valra was dead.

If he hadn't betrayed them, they could have wiped out the Three Great Dramon...

No. Imego would have ascended to Paladin and Kaiser Mode regardless.

It was fate that had woven these powers into Imego's tangled threads of data, now the Avengers would be the fingers to unpick those threads.

He narrowed his eyes. Then he made himself a promise.

All who Imego had harmed, or destroyed, would be avenged. Regardless of the Kaiser Mode, Imego's now-beyond Sovereign power, he would have to fall in the end.

After all, the group facing him had been formed with one purpose, banded together in the wake of death and misery with one goal in hearts and souls: to end that one Digimon's life and punish him for the deaths and pain.

And now that time had finally come. They had taken Imego down twice before. Arahon had done so once, but had spared the paladin of the Dramon Empire.

Then Karasu had delivered the near-fatal blow at the Paleozoic Sovereignty.

No, a third time too. Genesis and Karasu striking together, had ended the Paladin Mode's existence, only to have Imego cheat them of their justice by evolving to Kaiser Mode.

Maybe Kaiser Mode was beyond Sovereign Level. Maybe death was inevitable for them.

But they were Avengers. They would face him with everything they had until either he or they were defeated and destroyed...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom, while waiting for his commanders' answers, went into a quick tangent of thought. He heard his friend Braon mention the Paleozoic Sovereignty and that they would be assisting them during the final battle. He knew that Ranney would be there, and frankly, he wasn't sure how he felt about it. Only if he saw him up close would he know for sure if his burning grudge still remained.

Strom quickly looked over to his comrade, who seemed to be standing away from the others in deep thought.

"Will you be okay, Ragna? Able to kick some dragon and leonine *ss without getting yourself killed?" the dinosaur asked with half-hearted grin forming on his snout.

Last edited:

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Kairi took a couple of deep breaths when Ragna let go of her throat. As Hyperion talked to Ragna, Karmas walked over to the Sakuyamon.

"Are you alright?" asked the Korikkakumon, placing one of his woolly hands on Kairi's shoulder.

The fox sorceress looked up at Karmas, "Yeah, I'll be alright. But there is something that I want to talk to you about."

"What about?"

"I, uh, recently I have been feeling more than friendship towards you," said Kairi, "And if anything had happened to you before, I don't know what I would have done."

Karmas looked down at Kairi, "Well if anything had happened to you while we were out there, then I don't know what I would have done."

The pair looked at each other with meaningful looks before they embraced.

"Now are you ready to show those Dramon who is boss?" asked Karmas.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
The six Olympians had come together: Apollo, Artemis, Poseidon, Ares, Athena, and Hermes. Together with Arahon and the Avengers, they were prepared to face down Imego while the rest of the alliance, under the command of Braon, Boagrius, and Valdor's three angels, focused on the Dramon Empire's military. Arahon had taken to meditation in an attempt to restore his body, mind, and spirit, and focus the full power of the Alpha-Gain Force. Whisps of data and code flowed around Arahon as he meditated, floating in the air in Lotus position. The rest of the Avengers were on a razor's edge: tense, focused, and agitated. Ajax and Onaga sharpened their weapons. Valkur ran diagnostics on his systems. Hyperion stared off at the horizon, brimming with rage.

"It's time," Arahon whispered as he stood. "The data song sings to me through the Alpha-Gain Force. Imego is on his way with the whole of the Dramon Empire's military might behind him. We have but precious few minutes until we see them over the horizon."

"Then let's get ready," said Ajax. "Remember, we need to separate Imego from his army. Our forces can handle them. What we can't handle are Sovereign-level attacks being fired off indiscriminately into us. Avengers. Olympians. It'll be our job to make sure Imego doesn't have that opportunity. We know he'll have Goliath and Gotungir with him. Hyperion and I will take them while the rest of you concentrate on Imego. This is it. There's no holding back, no second chances: you go in at maximum power, fully evolved. We don't get a do-over for this one."

"I summon the power of Fanglongmon," Arahon called out. "I summon the power of the Vanguard. I summon the Ultimate Warblade, King Dragon Sword!" The sword of Ouryuken suddenly flashed into existence and Arahon wrapped his hands around the weapon's hilt. Two golden, feathery wings emerged from his back, and he raised the weapon, spinning it expertly through the air.

"I summon the Heart of Witchenly, bringeth to me the holy key, that shineth bright and thus transform, through crimson light to crimson form!" Ajax thrust his right hand to the sky, and a fist-sized sphere of blazing red appeared in his palm. The sphere suddenly exploded and its light washed over Ajax. "Crimson Evolution!" Ajax called out. The crimson light swirled over him. His armor became stronger and changed to a deep red hue as ten white wings emerged from his back. "Gallantmon Crimson Mode!"

"In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full our souls ignite. When the world seems lost, when there is no light, look to the stars. For hope burns bright!" Valkur and Onaga chanted together. "Ancient DNA Digivolution"! they called out in unison. Light enveloped the two warriors before merging them together. Their forms broke down into innumerable specks of data and swirled around the bright light before massing back together and reforming into one single Digimon. "Susanoomon!"

"How do we draw him off?" Genesis asked.

"Leave that to me." It was Valdor. He spread his wings wide, and raced forward, a brilliant bolt of holy energies that seared across the golden-red expanse of the dawn sky. He collided with Imego before the Kaiser could even comprehend what was happening. He drove Imego through the air and away from the ranks of the Dramon forces. The Olympians followed close behind.

Hyperion and Ajax lifted into the air and set out after Goliath and Gotungir to cripple the command structure of the Dramon: without leaders, they would be far less effective. Arahon led the Avengers, surfing on the trail of energies left in Valdor's wake. The great holy bird had carried Imego far from the battle, towards a large cluster of islands. That was where the battle would be decided.

The fate of the world hung in the balance.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Ragna and Osiris flew alongside the other Avengers and the Olympians, ready to confront Imego and finally end the war once and for all.

Ragna felt hatred seething through his veins as he saw the dark armoured Imego, locked in a pitched battle with Valdor.

Osiris saw Ragna's muscles tense, and started to feel uneasy. He knew how willing to throw away his own life Ragna was now that Valra was gone.

Ragna felt one thing flow through him: rage. It overwhelmed all else, driving him beyond the limits of his regular form to give himself the best chance of overwhelming Imego.

"From the depths of the soul, I call forth the ultimate spirit of the Ryu! Through draconic spirit to exalted knighthood, I ascend back to the legacy of Wyvern! X-Evolution!" Ragna called, body exploding like a supernova and a crimson X impaling its points through his limbs as his body shape streamlined, wings splitting, claws lengthening, armour darkening and finally, eyes becoming blood red.

"DYNASMON X!"

Osiris saw the others begin to Digivolve and knew his time had come. He thought back to his previous two Digivolutions to the ultimate power within him, knowing that each time need had inspired his Ancient Evolution.

He saw all those fallen to Imego, those whose souls were no more or were transformed: Tharor, Jager, Valra, Rai, Karasu, Goliath, Oberon, the Digimon Sovereign, the Three Great Dramon...

The souls reached out to him, pleading to be avenged, to make Imego suffer for his crimes...

He was happy to oblige.

"Through the calls of the long-departed, I release the ultimate Evolution!" Osiris chanted "Souls of the numberless dead, your time for vengeance has finally come! Wrap me in the armour of the God of Death so I may fulfil this great purpose! Ancient Evolution!"

Darkness wrapped around his body, the voices of those now gone pleading with him for vengeance.

They all spoke, even those Dramon among them. The Three Great Dramon and the Digimon Sovereign spoke, asking him for Imego's destruction...

Valra was there, speaking in soft tones for him to keep Ragna alive, to keep the Dynasmon safe.

"I will," Osiris said, answering them all "Imego shall be ended this day!" There were resounding cheers and then the voice of Anubis Teth-Adam spoke.

"Osiris Anubismon, you have called for the aid of the dead. I, Anubis Teth-Adam, lord of the dead, shall grant you this power to aid the end of the imbalance. So I decree, so it is."

"Thank you, Anubis Teth-Adam."

The darkness impaled him in a thousand places, tearing away his skin and replacing it with frozen, unbreakable Obsidian Digizoid, the hallmark of those wielding the darkness. He shifted onto all fours, his new golden wings of metal rising over him as the death mask face of AncientSphinxmon covered his own. His tail swayed from side to side and his eyes gleamed as the darkness faded to leave him behind.

"ANCIENTSPHINXMON!"

Ragna and Osiris soared side-by-side, the Ancient Warrior alongside the knight of dragons. They were now part of something immense and their power helped to shape it.

Ragna roared and Osiris added his voice to the great cry, hearing the dead speak through his voice, his roar intensified by the voices of hundreds.

Imego turned, raising the Twilight Sword to intercept the first attacks.

The dragon mouth on his chest opened, a sphere of pure darkness forming within.

"EXA CRUSHER!" the Kaiser Mode Imperialdramon, the Paladin of the Darkness, roared.

The sphere exploded forth with power beyond even that Hyperion's Supreme Cannon could muster. The blast made a terrifying shriek as it tore through the air towards Ragna and Osiris

"Dragon Thrower!" Ragna called.

"Dark Roar!" Osiris added. A jet of blazing crimson exploded from Ragna's palm as Osiris unleashed a sphere of darkness from his maw. The two combined attacks struck Imego's Exa Crusher and struggled to contain the vicious, Sovereign level force of the blast.

"Dragon Howl!" Imego called, spreading his arms wide and unleashing sanguine energy blasts from his body in an infinitely more powerful parody of his Hyper Prominence.

Distracted by their focus on Imego's Exa Crusher, Ragna and Osiris were unable to deal with the Dragon Howl and were struck heavily by the searing bursts of dark energy.

Osiris's Obisidian Digizoid armour helped reduce the force of the impacts, but Ragna was nowhere near as protected and screamed as the blasts seared into him, tearing jagged holes in his wings.

He started to fall, roaring in pain and frustration, memories of his life and the moments he'd had with Valra flashing past his eyes.

"I CAN'T DIE!"

(I love chants, lol. Just get me started on Synchro Chants from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's... but yeah, I had to do Digivolution Chants for Ragna and Osiris.)

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
(This calls for Immediate Music. Thanks, Kamotz for introducing it to me.)

Strom rushed to his fellow Avenger's aid. The Spinomon's feet pounded hard on the earth as he dashed forwards. He could feel the earth quaking beneath him. Strom saw an injured Ragna plummeting to the ground as he ran.

"RAGNA!" he roared, taking from a run to a jump. The dinosaur reached out his claws and caught Ragna in mid-fall.

Strom landed on the ground and saw that Imego had turned his attention to he and Ragna.

"Stupid reptile," Imego spat, preparing to attack.

"RrrrrrrrrrRAAAGH!" bellowed Strom, remembering all that Imego had taken from them. He remembered the torture he had to endure when captured by the Dramon. His blood was boiling and nostrils flaring. "BLUE PROMINANCE!"

A sapphire beam of energy, larger than Strom himself, was released from his roaring mouth. The attack appeared to envelope Imego, who didn't even try to dodge or block the attack. As it hit him, the blue prominance attack merely seemed to cone out from Imego. The Spinomon released the last bit of burning plasma from his mouth and watched the attack dissapate.

Much to his dismay, Imego remained in his place with a smug grin. "My turn... Exa Crusher!"

Strom's eyes widened as a mass of power came barreling towards him and Ragna. He took the Avenger and clumsily rolled out of the way. The initial attack missed him, but he was caught in the intense splash damage. The dinosaur shielded his unwilling passenger with his body and he was thrown, skidding along the ground. Upon stopping, he grunted and let go of Ragna. "I hope we're close to even now..." said the Spinomon with a half smile.

Last edited:

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
"We're even," Ragna chuckled softly, standing with a groan and spreading his torn wings "Strom... thanks for what you've done. Thanks for saving me, and thanks for comforting me when Valra died. Let's put the past behind us, and move towards our future! I'll take Imego on in close range, while you try to keep him pinned with your attacks. Your strength isn't any good if you can't reach Imego."

With that, he beat down with his four wings and ascended, aiming for Imego, who raised the Twilight Sword to meet Ragna's charge.

"I hope you're more of a challenge than your pathetic lover!" the Kaiser of Dramon laughed, raising the Twilight Sword above his head, the twisted and corrupted parody of the holy Omni Sword burning with crimson aurora.

"BREATH OF WYVERN!" Ragna roared, his body suddenly ablaze with blue aura "DRAGON THROWER!" His claws took on a crimson glow as his energy surged into them.

"This trick again?!" Imego snarled "the one you used on Ruatemn? It might work on him, but it will not end my reign! TWILIGHT SWORD!"

As Ragna was about to strike him, Imego swung the blazing Twilight Sword down. The two forces met with a colossal shockwave, Ragna's combined attacks striking Imego's Sovereign level power.

"You took my love from me!" Ragna roared "now I shall take your very life as your debt! You owe me, Imego!"

"I owe you NOTHING!" Imego snarled, lashing out with his armoured foot and penetrating even the blazing aurora of Ragna's Breath of Wyvern, strijking the Dynasmon and drawing a gasp of pain .

"You owe me EVERYTHING! You tore her away from me for your own selfish aims! Now you shall know my righteous justice! You believe yourself immune to our laws and decrees, but now I shall prove one thing...!"

"YOU ARE NOT! YOU SHALL BE PUNISHED, BE IT BY MY HAND OR ANOTHER'S!"

"Then punish me, betrayer! You commit high treason by attacking me, the lord of this very world!"

"I never swore fealty to your Empire, nor do I ever wish to!" Ragna replied "you stole my happiness, my joy! Now I shall take all I have left, anger, pain, grief, and use it to end you! I am a knight of dragons, Imego! But I am not your knight! I am the knight of the Digimon Sovereign, of the Harmonious Republic, of the very Digital World!"

"Then perish in your treachery!" Imego roared "TWILIGHT SWORD!"

The twisted runes on the blade burned with power and Ragna was struck by crushing force.

He burned as black flames seared through his attack, striking into his flesh on the keen edge of the soul-hungry Twilight Sword and hurling him away from the black Paladin.

Imego let out a laugh of triumph before opening the dragon mouth on his chest once more.

Energy crackled within, forming another sphere of darkness...

"EXA CRUSHER!" he commanded. The energy exploded out of the maw, ready to strike Ragna and crush the knight...

Then there was a flare of darkness "DARK ROAR!"

A sphere of crackling darkness, this one with noble and true intentions guiding it, struck the Exa Crusher and hurled it off course, the blast exploding against the ocean surface instead of on Ragna.

Osiris glided into view, majestic in the garb of AncientSphinxmon. He let out a fierce roar, supplemented by the fury of the dead.

"You," Imego hissed "the Ancient with something to prove. You were with Jager and Tharor at the beginning... how fitting you stand in the armour of legends at this, the end of your era and the beginning of my reign."

"You were never destined to rule," Osiris answered "you were never meant to become like this. You twist the fabric of the Digital World, Imego! If you continue on this path, you will unleash terrors far greater than you are!"

"You lie."

"It matters not," Osiris growled "you end your life this day. I am strengthened by the power of all you destroyed for this power, Imego. The Three Great Dramon are with me. The Sovereign are with me. Every single soul whose life ended for your empire is with me. You cannot match the power of Death. And in this, I am the God of Death, clad in armour of souls and armed with the wills of the departed!"

"Then match me, God of Death!" Imego laughed "for I am God of All! Let the war begin! DRAGON HOWL!" Sanguine energy shot from the tip of the Twilight Sword in a lethal stream...

"Necro Eclipse!" Osris retaliated, unleashing twin blasts of red light from his eyes. The attacks met and exploded, creating a cloud of thick black smoke...

Imego lunged through the smoke, readying the Twilight Sword...

Osiris leapt away from the swing, before charging forwards and tackling Imego, building a sphere of darkness in his maw.

The paladin was knocked off guard as Osiris reared up and slammed back down, knocking Imego backwards.

"DARK ROAR!" the AncientSphinxmon screamed, unleashing his mighty attack in a blaze of spiritual energy. The blast exploded against Imego, drawing a growl of pain before the smoke cleared to reveal an amazing sight.

Imego had his Twilight Sword blocking the spinning blast of darkness, pushing it back. Much as Hyperion had once reflected Giga Crusher, now Imego spun and swung his blade viciously, granting a crimson aura to the Dark Roar as it hurtled back into Osiris...

"BREATH OF WYVERN!" Ragna called, diving into the Dark Roar and slashing into its core. The sphere exploded, but the diminshed blast was unable to penetrate the rapidly growing flame aurora of Ragna's strongest attack.

Dragon knight and Ancient Warrior stood together once more, opposing the Dark Paladin of the Dramon Empire. Imego sneered and raised his Twilight Sword, ready for battle.

Ragna was cloaked in Breath of Wyvern, rage burning in his eyes.

As for Osiris, rage of hundreds burned within his soul. The two Avengers stood ready as Imego charged, Twilight Sword burning with crimson energy...

No matter what, Ragna vowed in his heart, he would fight until Valra was avenged. Only then would he consider his duty done. He remembered those words all that time ago, himself telling Valra that they had to be strong, even if they were apart.

Now he knew he had to be strong, for their opponent was a power beyond all seen before. Ragna raised his claws, letting a crimson aura burn on them as he channeled energy.

"We are the Avengers," he murmured "we are strong. We will not fall! We will not cower! We will fight! Avengers, assemble!"

And as Ragna spoke the legendary cry, he thought he saw a flicker of fear cross Imego's features...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Ragna's words struck Strom in a way he couldn't explain. He felt relief and a friendship which was previously a bitter scorn and rivalry. A particular line reached out to him. 'Let's put the past behind us, and move towards our future.' Strom thought back to Ranney's betrayal. "...Can I do that?" he wondered. All the horrible things he had said and done to Ragna, and the Avenger was willing to forgive him? "Am I really strong enough to do that?"

The Spinomon snapped out of his trance and heeded Ragna's tactics. Strom got down on all fours and aimed his bladed back at Imego. Out of the corner of his eye, he glanced at Ragna. "The future awaits us, friend... Sonic Slash Rain!"

A volley of deadly blades was hurled at Imego, who easily dodged them, but had to focus on either dodging them or fighting Ragna. He chose the latter. His combat skill was slightly suffering and a few of the supressing blades knicked him.

"Avengers Assemble!" he heard Ragna bellow.

With pride to be called an Avenger, Strom stood upright and ran to the knight's side and charged up his Blue Prominance attack. As he did, he glared at Imego and spoke. "You're going down, you pathetic pile of dramon excrement!"

A second later, Strom sheepishly looked at Ragna. "That wasn't very poetic, was it? Maybe I should leave that stuff to you and Ajax."

He looked back forwards and readied his strongest attack...

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Ragna smiled softly at Strom's words.

"I think Ajax and I are gifted when it comes to rallying speeches," he chuckled "now then. Let's end this! Avengers, we stand together! Now, this war ends TODAY! CHARGE!"

So saying, he hurled himself at Imego, followed closely by Osiris.

Imego readied the Twlight Sword yet again and swung it into Ragna...

He was amazed as the Dynasmon reached out with aurora coated claws and gripped the blade of darkness, wrenching it from his grip and hurling it towards the ocean below with all his legendary strength.

"You shall pay for that!" the Kaiser screamed, hurling himself at Ragna.

"You die today!" Ragna retorted, kicking out viciously and catching Imego in the stomach. However, the Kaiser Mode's strong armour absorbed the blow without any sign of weakening. What followed was an all-out brawl.

Ragna hurled numerous aurora charged punches and claw swipes at Imego, being blocked by thrusting fists, harsh kicks and several uses of Dragon Howl.

Eventually, Imego gained the upper hand. Ragna's strength was incapable of overcoming Imego's sheer endurance and use of attacks. Even the determination to avenge Valra surging through the dragon knight's soul couldn't keep him enduring.

Imego's blows hammered on him like meteors, bruising his whole body. Blood poured from a cut over his eyes, blinding him. His left arm felt twisted, as if Imego had broken it.

Finally, the Kaiser Mode Imperialdramon lashed out with a vicious kick that hurled Ragna away, tossing him to the ground beside Strom. Ragna stood unsteadily, retching blood onto the ground. The world spun around him and his head ached.

He snarled, forcing himself to focus through his pain. Valra's face appeared in his vision and he snarled again, remembering every vow he had sworn.

He would avenge her or die trying.

He stopped retching, standing up and feeling the currents of energy flowing against his claws. He was reminded of Valra's hand in his own.

"You aren't surrendering, are you?" he heard her voice speak.

"Never," he snarled, feeling the energy play over his skin.

He felt something change, an alteration in the energy flow. As he watched, the aura around his claws flowed into a new form, a longsword. The blade shimmered with azure radiance.

"Every knight needs a sword," Valra spoke.

"And so I take up this one," Ragna said, watching the blade become solid "thank you, my love. I shall avenge you."

He turned his gaze back to Imego, raising his new sword.

"I name you... Wyrmflame." The sword shone with azure fire from his Breath of Wyvern.

Ragna beat down with his wings and took flight, ready for battle. Imego saw him coming and felt the energy radiating from thr new blade in the knight's grip.

"It's... that wretch Valra!" he snarled, readying the Twilight Sword.

Then a hail of blades from Strom's Sonic Slash Rain caught him and distracted him for a vital second...

Ragna raised Wyrmflame and felt a pulse of energy flow through the blade.

"Draconis Flame!" he called. Wyrmflame shone with a flame as bright as the sun as Ragna swung it and cut right into Imego's armoured leg.

The Kaiser Imperialdramon roared in pain as Wyrmflame tore into his flesh.

It was impossible. He was invincible, invulnerable. Even that ******* AncientSphinxmon hadn't hurt him.

But now one blow from Ragna's new sword had torn into him, sending flames searing into his data.

"You traitor!" he snarled, lashing down with the Twilight Sword. Ragna raised Wyrmflame and the two blades collided, Digital Runes shining on both. Ragn suddenly read the runes on his new blade, realising what they spelt out: Future.

He felt a rush of wonder, that Valra had passed him this blade from beyond the grave, a blade to bring about the future of the world.

He recalled his speech to Strom: Towards our future.

Now he would bring about that future.

"DRACONIS FLAME!" Ragna roared as Imego called "TWILIGHT SWORD!"

The runes on both blades shone once more, Valra's soul in one blade, the power of the Kaiser Mode in the other.

The forces were balanced.

Neither would back down.

Valra, even when destroyed, would not let Ragna perish. She would fight for him forever. If Imego would aim to destroy her lover, then Imego would be halted by Wyrmflame, a sword forged from data and soul and the legacy of dragons.

And as for Imego, his endless ambition carried with it power too.

The two swords danced, clashing together with showers of sparks and shockwaves of incredible power.

Fire and darkness collided, azure and crimson detonated in bursts of energy too great to be measured. Spirits fought within the swords, forcing their will into the energy of the wielders, the dragon knight and dark paladin.

"Ragna!" Osiris called "you can't match him forever! Let us help you!"

As if to drive home this point, Arahon suddenly appeared behind Imego, swinging the Ouryuken sword in an arc that sparked off of Imego's armour.

"Ultimate Warblade King Dragon Sword!" the Vanguard of Fanglongmon called, swinging his blade once more and this time striking a weak point, making Imego cry out in pain again...

Kamotz

God of Monsters
It was madness: sheer, utter, madness. Valdor already lay dead: obliterated by the sheer power unleashed when he and Imego struck the ground of the island. Imego could scarcely find the room to move his wings, nevermind swing his mighty sword. Avenger and Olympian piled onto him with a fury and rage the likes of which he had never seen. Already, Ragna, Strom, Osiris had struck at him with a might like he had never known. They were too much, they were smothering him. He couldn't find his way to...

NO!!!

The might of the Dragon Howl ripped from Imego's body. It plunged itself into all those around him and forced them back and away. Imego needed room to maneuver, and knew that even with the power of the Kaiser Mode at his disposal, he couldn't afford to become careless. Especially with the six Olympians involved. They had to be taken care of first and foremost.

"Exa Crusher!" Imego roared. Power ripped from the open dragon mouth on his chest and slammed into the ground. It scattered the Avengers and gave Imego room to launch up into the air. He then launched a Dragon Howl, a beam of power that swept over and struck each of the Avengers. Imego then turned his wrath upon the Olympians. Ares attacked first. He smashed Imego with a barrage of well-placed punches. But Imego surged through his attack and caught the last punch. The black Kaiser swung his sword, but Ares grabbed his arm and stopped the blow.

Imego laughed and unleashed the Exa Crusher once again. The massive blast struck Ares and sent him flying. Imego moved to strike him down, but Hermes got between them and blocked the slash with his knife.

"Is that what you bring against me?" Imego laughed. "That little knife? You fool!" With but a flick of Imego's wrist, the Twilight Sword shattered Hermes's knife. Imego grabbed the Olympian by the throat and hurled him to the ground. He stood over him and slashed down with the Twilight Sword. But Artemis's halberd blocked the blow. Imego fumed. He kicked Hermes, once again showing the awesome physical power of the Kaiser Mode as Hermes was sent sailing over the ground. Imego then surged forward. He broke Artemis's guard and knocked her to the ground with a vicious backhanded blow. Someone suddenly grabbed him from behind. Apollo had his arms locked around Imego's neck and shoulder. Ares then leapt forward and grabbed his sword arm. In a showing of true martial skill, the war-god Olympian grappled against Imego's arm and forced him to drop his sword.

Outraged, Imego grabbed Ares with that same arm and swung him through the air, smashing him into Athena, who had rushed forward in an attempt to skewer Imego with her own blade. Imego then grabbed Apollo, lifted him over his head, and slammed him to the ground.

"Vortex Penetrate!" Imego turned just in time to dodge Poseidon's attack. He spun and grabbed the mighty trident as it flew through the air. The weapon struggled in his hands as he kept it from returning to Poseidon.

Imego brought the trident over his knee and snapped it in half. He then lashed out with another Dragon Howl. The attack struck Poseidon and knocked him down. The trident ceased its struggling. Imego felt something rushing up behind him so he spun around and extend his arm. Hermes ran full speed right into his elbow and was knocked to the ground. Imego turned and stabbed the back half of the trident deep into Hermes's stomach. He placed his foot on the end of the trident and staked Hermes into the ground. He then brought up the other half of the trident and used it to bash in the Olympian's skull.

"Monster!" Poseidon roared. Imego turned and hurled the trident at him, but the weapon simply returned to its owner's hand. Poseidon rushed Imego with a snarl on his lips, only to find himself skewered on the blade of the Twilight Sword.

"Twilight Sword," Imego whispered. Power exploded from the blade and ripped Poseidon to shreds. Imego then turned and charged Athena. She attempted to ward him off with her giant sword and shield, but the Twilight Sword shred through them like paper. Imego drew his arm back and thrust his fiery claws into her chest, ripping out her digital heart. Ares attacked from behind, but Imego simply turned his sword and stabbed backwards through the heart of the war-god.

"This is all you can bring to bear against me?" he taunted. "Is this it? I'm insulted." He raised his mighty blade as power flowed into it. "Twilight Sword!" he howled. He charged Apollo and Artemis, the only two remaining Olympians, intent on cutting them down as well.

"No!" Arahon shouted. He tacked Imego and knocked him off his feet. He slammed his foot into Imego's sword hand and pinned both hand and sword to the earth beneath him. Arahon held the Ultimate War Blade high and brought it down with all his might. But Imego caught the blade in his free hand. He then wrenched his sword free and aimed its point into Arahon's chest.

"Twilight Sword," Imego snarled. Power exploded from the tip of the sword and seared into Arahon. The black knight was sent flying he landed with a thud as the power of the King Dragon mode began to fade away. His golden wings fluttered and vanished. But with one last heroic roar of effort, Arahon hurled the Ultimate War Blade. The blade struck true, lodging itself in Imego's left shoulder. The black Kaiser let out a roar of pain.

But then the Ultimate War Blade faded away as well, breaking down in to innumerable specks of data.

Arahon slumped forward. He was spent. Imego stalked towards him, sword held high. But Apollo and Artemis would have none of that. They grabbed Imego and pulled him away from the fallen knight. Apollo let loose with his mightiest attack, the Sol Blaster while Artemis struck with her Crescent Hook attack. Imego was engulfed by the powers of the sun and moon, but he let out a roar of defiance.

"I will not fall," Imego snarled. "Not to you!"