• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Civil War (RPG Thread)

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
"NO!" Ragna screamed, watching the Olympians die.

Was Imego truly unbeatable now?

NO! That could never be the case!

The Dynasmon dived at the Imperialdramon, readying Wyrmflame. As he fell, Imego swung the Twilight Sword and obliterated Apollo and Artemis's attacks effortlessly.

"This is pathetic," he taunted "I expected more from the great Olympians and the oh-so-mighty Avengers! Can none challenge me?! The great Arahon Alpha has been defeated! Poseidon, Hermes, Athena, Ares, they all have perished! SHOW ME YOUR POWER!"

"We shall!" Osiris roared, voice still filled with the fury of those departed "if you want to feel power, we shall bring our bonds together and use them to strike you down!"

"Bonds?" Imego laughed "BONDS?! You think BONDS will stop me?! Just ask that traitor Ragna how much good BONDS did for him! His precious lover is data now, destroyed in an instant becuase she thought to challenge ME! You cannot face me with BONDS!"

"Tell that to the universe, *******!" Ragna roared "DRACONIS FLAME!" He slashed the glowing Wyrmflame in a mighty arc, slashing into Imego's armour and ripping at the mighty paladin's digital skeleton. Immediately, the flames burning from the Digimon Kana inscribed on the blade seared into Imego's data, but the paladin ignored the burning and turned to face Ragna.

"You just don't stop, do you?!" Imego growled.

"I cannot stop," Ragna hissed "you took that away from me."

"I didn't kill anyone worth anything!" Imego roared "I killed a pathetic insect, unworthy of a dragon like yourself! Like it or not, you are a dragon! Embrace the empire and I will forgive you!"

"NO!" Ragna roared, raising Wyrmflame, the flames on the blade burning brighter in response to his rage "YOU MURDERED HER, IMEGO! VALRA MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN WORTH ANYTHING TO YOU, BUT I LOVED HER!"

"Love!" Imego growled "is worth nothing to me! I am above such pathetic emotions!"

"Then you know nothing," Ragna said quietly "you don't know what it feels like to rust someone like that, to care. I cannot explain how it feels. Such a heartless being as you... cannot live in this world. This ends now!"

He charged, raising Wyrmflame...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
After shaking off Imego's Dragon Howl, Strom was fueled with an insatiable bloodlust- Imego's blood. Devouring that dramon- armour included- sounded pretty good to him right now. He put himself between Arahon and Imego. The dinosaur noticed Ragna charging Imego. Strom grinned a toothy grin and rampaged Imego's flank.

If Imego dodged or blocked Ragna's attack, he would have his eyes on Ragna. Then the last thing the evil dramon would see was Strom's teeth boring down on his face. He would then have the pleasure of touring his digestive track.

Strom glanced over and saw Ragna getting closer to their mutual target. The Spinomon made sure to approch from Imego's blindspot. He opened his maw, leaned down, and waited for Ragna to strike before his potential meal.

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Karmas and Kairi cried in horror as they saw the Olympians get obliterated.

"We must do what we can to stop them!" said Kairi.

Karmas nodded before he lunged forward at Imego, his two axes glowing with icy power. As he roared 'Avalanche Axes!', the Imperialdramon simply swung his arm and slammed it into Karmas' stomach. The Korikkakumon felt something in his torso crack as he fell to the ground.

"KARMAS!" yelled out Kairi as she ran towards her beloved.

As the Sakuyamon ran towards Karmas Imego noticed her, a wicked smile forming on his evil face.

"Well, now isn't this a little surprise," he muttered before he raised his arm. "Dragon Howl!"

A large beam of energy shot out of Imego hand, straight towards Kairi. The moment that Kairi heard the Imperialdramon call out his attack she stopped and swung her staff around.

"Flame Fox Dance," she calmly said.

Fire erupted from her staff and formed into several fiery foxes. The foxes glared at Imego before they shot off towards the beam closing nearer. As the foxes held back Imego's attack, Kairi felt something inside her start to move.

What on earth is that? she thought as it began to move faster and faster.

Just as it felt as if something was going to burst out of her, Kairi began to glow. As the intensity of the glow began to increase a form began to materialize before her. To her shock as it fully materialized, Kairi realised that it was her previous husband.

"My dear Kairi, I know that I have been dead for a while now. But what you never realised is that I never left you. I have been inside you this whole time, and now it's time that you harness my energy and ascend to a higher form," said the soft voice of the SlashAngemon.

"I understand," muttered Kairi before she felt her energy rising. "Time to pay Imego."

"Sakuyamon MODE CHANGE INTO Kuzuhamon!"

The new Kairi stepped forward, the only difference in her form being her now purple armour and now silver staff. She looked at Imego with intense hatred as Karmas lifted himself up of the ground. He turned towards Kairi and nodded, Kairi nodding back. The pair jumped forward and swung their weapon around.

"Womb Realm Mandala!" roared Kairi.

"Avalance Axes!" roared Karmas.

As Karmas slashed with his axes, Kairi summoned several grey foxes. The foxes swirled around the arcs that Karmas' axes released. Imego watched the two attack zoom towards him, but he simply batted them away. Imego would have killed them there and then, but luckily Ragna had distracted him.

"What can we do Karmas?" Kairi asked. "He just shrugs off out attacks."

"Well we can only keep trying," replied Karmas, "That is if you're up for it."

Kairi nodded before she charged up another Womb Realm Mandala, and Karmas charged up another Avalanche Axes.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
There was only fire and darkness, a darkness so think and suffocating that even the light of the fire was drawn into it. Imego was that darkness: a black hole that nothing could escape. He pulled everything around him into an endless abyss of suffering, fear, and pain. He drew into himself gods and monsters; angels and demons; dragons and knights. Nothing was safe.

Artemis struggled to hold up the beaten Arahon as Apollo and Imego went blow-for-blow. It was a desperate gamble, but they needed to buy some time to regroup. They hadn't prepared enough for Imego's power. No amount of preparation would have been enough. Power such as his was simply far to terrifying to behold. But Apollo was determined to hold the line. With Hyperion and Ajax off fighting elsewhere, the Avengers were down two of their most powerful members.

But that hadn't stopped them. Already Ragna, Strom, and Kairi were stepping up to the plate, drawing on a well of strength that they had never truly known before. With that will and determination, they were able to hold Imego back, to halt his momentum just long enough for the rest of the team to get back on their feet. But it was only a matter of time before the momentum shifted once again in Imego's favor.

A thunderous right hook signaled that shift as Imego floored Apollo. He slashed down with the Twilight Sword, and Apollo just barely managed to grab the blade's edge and keep it from cutting right through him. Still, he wouldn't be able to hold the blade back forever: eventually Imego would cut him down.

Genesis wasn't about to allow that.

He rocked Imego with an earth-shaking punch. Genesis hacked and slashed with the Dragon Soul Sword, chipping away at Imego's armor. He drove him away from Apollo and the others and then, with a roar, summoned the eight dragons of thunder to pin Imego to the ground. Genesis wasted no time. He leapt onto Imego and raised his sword. But Imego unleashed his Dragon Howl once again, and Genesis was slammed with a burst of burning draconic energies. And as the might of Imego washed over him. Genesis could only think of one word.

Madness.

=====

Cascades of azure and crimson washed over the sky as Ajax and Gotungir did battle. Their fight had been magnificent, a duel between two knights of the highest caliber, with weapons and power only spoken of in old stories and ancient tomes. Ajax held the slight upper hand in power and strength, while Gotungir had far superior speed...and that was beginning to wear Ajax down. He didn't doubt his ability to achieve victory. He did, however, doubt his ability to achieve victory and then contribute anything at all against Imego. Ajax knew: he had to end the battle now, without wasting any more energy.

And so he took a desperate gamble.

Gotungir flew forward with tremendous speed. It was something Ajax still couldn't comprehend: the sheer velocity with which Gotungir moved blew his mind. However, as Gotungir prepared to charge him, Ajax shed his higher form, returning to his base, MedievalGallantmon form. Gotungir saw this as a sign of weakness and moved to strike with confidence.

Overconfidence.

At the moment Gotungir reached him, Ajax dropped to the ground and swung the Dunas. The weapon clipped Gotungir's legs, striking them just below the knees, and the sheer speed with which he moved insured that his legs were completely severed. The blue dragon crashed to the ground, trying desperately to crawl away from Ajax and escape. But it was too late. There was no escape, not from the ultimate dragon slayer.

"Mercy," Gotungir begged. "Please have mercy."

"Oh, I have mercy," said Ajax as he rasied his lance. "Just not for you." The weapon fell.

Ajax turned, his eyes wandered over the battlefield as he searched for his warriors, his Avengers. A cry of absolute agony caught his attention. He turned just in time to see Hyperion relieve Goliath of his Darkdra-arm. The cannon fell to the ground with a thud. Another quick exchange of sword strikes, and Goliath's Bancho-arm joined its twin on the ground. Ajax watched stoically as Hyperion drove the Transcendent Sword into Goliath's chest, and with a roar, obliterated him with the Supreme Cannon.

Hyperion: damaged, broken, burned, and bloody, dropped to his knees. He and Goliath had been equals in power and skill. Only Hyperion's sheer savagery and rage was able to push him over the edge to victory. And now that victory was achieved, Hyperion had nothing left in him. He collapsed forward, supporting himself on one arm.

"GO!" he urged Ajax. The knight nodded: the Avengers needed him. Drawing once again upon the ancient magics that transformed him, Ajax donned the Crimson Mode and rushed off into battle.

=====

It was a terrible sight that greeted Ajax when he arrived. Arahon lay broken and beaten, four Olympians were dead, and Apollo was impaled on Imego's sword, and Imego continued to attack even before Apollo had completely dissipated. He swung his weapon with savagery and quickly decapitated Artemis as well. The twins died together on Imego's sword. Sun and moon forever sealed by twilight.

But the cost of facing the six Olympians and the combined might of the Avengers was taking its toll: Ajax could plainly see. Imego favored his left arm: it had sustained significant damage. His wings were torn and no longer the elegant wings that defined the Imperialdramon species. If the Avengers were to strike, then now was the time.

"Avengers assemble!" Ajax called out as he swooped down. He slashed his weapons, holy Gungnir and Blutgang, across Imego's back just as Genesis slashed his own sword across Imego's chest. Imego roared his rage. He lashed out, smashing Genesis into the ground and blasting Ajax from the sky. He channeled his power into the Twilight Sword.

But something happened: something flew through the air and lodged itself in Imego's right arm, forcing him to drop the Twilight Sword. It was the Holy Sword Grade Alpha.

"Digitalize of Souls!" Arahon shouted. A monster of burning green digital energy exploded from his hand and slammed into Imego. It carried him through the air and away from the fallen Twilight Sword. It was a desperate move, and it was Arahon's last act of defiance before he lost consciousness.

"Now!" Ajax cried out. "Hit him with everything you've got!" Ajax condensed both of his mighty weapons into a single sphere of holy light. "Crimson Light!" The blast of divine power plowed into Imego and seared straight to his infernal core.

"Celestial Blade!" Genesis shouted. He assembled the Zero ARMS Orochi and drew the mighty blade. He swung it with all his might and slashed straight through Imego.

"Now, Avengers!"

PeeGee

ROAWR!
"Are you ready Karmas?" Kairi asked.

The Kuzuhamon began to glow as she asked the Korikkakumon the question.

"It's now or never, isn't it," replied Karmas with a grim smile. "But how do we know that this will defeat Imego?"

"We don't" Kairi replied, "But if we don't then we just try and try again."

"Alright," said Karmas. "Avalanche Axes!"

"Womb Realm Mandala!"

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Ragna heard the legendary cry and answered with a roar, raising Wyrmflame as he heard Ajax's orders.

He knew the time had finally come to end the battle, avange the many dead.

Ares, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Poseidon, Hermes, Valdor, all newly slain and all needing vengeance.

He would grant them vengeance by ending Imego.

"BREATH OF WYVERN!" he roared, cloaking his body in the azure aurora before channelling the power into Wyrmflame. "DRAGON THROWER!" His claws took on a crimson aura before that too was sent into Wyrmflame.

He would end Imego with this, the sword of the brighter future.

He took flight, azure and crimson flame dancing around his body and the Digimon Kana burning bright on Wyrmflame as he turned and dived towards Imego, drawing the blade back to strike...

Imego growled and pulled the Holy Sword Grade Alpha out of his body, raising the blood-stained blade to meet Ragna's charge.

"EXA CRUSHER!" he roared, opening the dragon mouth set in his chest plate and forming a crackling sphere of darkness before firing it at the dragon knight.

"Draconis Flame!" Ragna called, swinging Wyrmflame in a deadly arc. His blade struck the Exa Crusher and the attacks pushed agaisnt each other. Ragna roared in anger and forced all of his power into the attack, drawing on every ounce of strength he had.

There was a shift in the balance.

Imego gasped as, with a roar, Ragna forced the Exa Crusher away and back towards its creator.

"Impossible!" the Imperialdramon Kaiser yelled a second before the blast engulfed him.

Ragna continued to hurtle downwards, Digimon Kana on Wyrmflame shining with the intensity of the sun as he readied the blade to stab Imego through the Digi-Core.

The smoke from the explosion cleared, revealing a blackened and burned Imego.

But even in his weakened state, Imego was a formidible opponent.

Ragna roared once more, knowing this would be his last chance...

Behind Imego, Osiris stood, charging dark energies into his ultimate Dark Roar. This had to be ended now, before Imego could unleash Gog and Magog.

"Dark Roar!" the God of Death roared, unleashing a terrible and powerful blast of pure darkness from his maw, the roar of its passage the howling rage of hundreds of souls, the newly killed Olympians and Valdor now among them.

There was a wondrous second before something incredible happened.

Ragna drew back Wyrmflame before hurling it forwards to stab Imego, roaring "DRACONIS FLAME!" The blazing sword was forced into Imego's armour, knocking aside the brandished Grade Alpha sword to penetrate Imego's breastplate with little effort, striking straight into Imego's data flesh, searing through it.

As the sword struck, Osiris's attack exploded against Imego's back. The paladin screamed as flames and darkness tore into him, ripping him apart. For one second, the universe called for him and once more the whole of creation was visible to his eyes.

But Imego would not end.

"NO!" he roared "I defy this!" So saying, he lashed out with a vicious punch, hurling Ragna away, but leaving Wyrmflame lodged into his Digi-Core.

Before the flames coating the blade could damage him further, he weakly pulled it loose. Osiris let out a terrible roar of anger and hurled himself forwards, but Imego turned and unleashed his Dragon Howl at point blank range, the sanguine energy hurling Osiris away, although the Obsidian Digizoid armour coating the AncientSphinxmon prevented serious damage.

Imego turned back to Ragna, who was growling as he weakly stood. Imego tossed the Grade Alpha to his opponent.

"Let's end this," he growled, raising Wyrmflame as Ragna readied the Grade Alpha.

There was a pregnant second, then the two leapt at each other.

The two swords crashed together, creating a spray of sparks as Ragna channelled his Breath of Wyvern into the Grade Alpha sword. Imego responded by drawing on the power of Wyrmflame forcibly, and a terrible shriek of pain rent the air.

Valra's scream.

"YOU *******!" Ragna roared, slashing wildly with the Grade Alpha. Imego was forced to react with lightning speed to prevent being impaled.

Something told him he wouldn't survive another impalment through the Digi-Core.

The two blades crashed together at lightning speed as the two warriors leapt into the air. Imego unleashed his Dragon Howl, but Ragna spun the Grade Alpha, focusing his Breath of Wyvern and Dragon Thrower into it and blocking even the Sovereign level power of Imego's attack.

The two launched themselves at each other, blades crashing together with the force of meteor impacts. Both weapons shivered under the impact, but held.

Once more the two unleashed volleys of lightning fast strikes, channelling incredible power into the two swords. Grade Alpha met Wyrmflame in explosions of draconic energy and bursts of brilliant light.

Ragna gripped the Grade Alpha with both hands and brought it down in a flaming strike, only to have the blow blocked by Wyrmflame once more. Imego lashed out with his free fist, catching Ragna in a vicious right hook to the face. The Dynasmon roared in pain as his helmet was dented, sharp edges tearing into his flesh.

Then Imego unleashed a lethal kick, striking Ragna in the stomach and tearing a howl of agony from the Avenger's lips.

"You could hammer a hundred strikes into me and I would endure!" the Kaiser boasted "yet you fall with one strike!"

"You hit me twice, jack..." Ragna began, before Imego brought Wyrmflame down in a vicious strike that Ragna barely blocked. He twisted and slashed at Imego, but the dark paladin took the blow on his bracer. Another vicious kick struck Ragna, but the Dynasmon forced himself to keep fighting, despite the pain.

The two swords crashed together over and over again, unleashing shockwaves of unimaginable power through the air.

Ragna swung the Grade Alpha in a great diagonal arc, while simultaneously kicking out at Imego's sword arm. The paladin roared in pain and dropped Wyrmflame, letting the Grade Alpha rip across his chest from shoulder to hip.

The screams of pain that this blow created were unmatchable. Imego howled as Ragna's draconic power, channeled through the Grade Alpha, seared into his body with devastating effect.

However, the Kaiser Mode resisted, blocking the deletion of Imego's body and keeping him together.

Ragna cursed and swung the Grade Alpha again, but Imego kicked out again, hurling the Dynasmon away and making him drop the Grade Alpha. The sword fell to the earth below and Ragna growled, spreading his claws out.

This would be hand to hand, then. He had to end the battle quickly. He was far too badly wounded for a prolonged battle.

Imego knew that too, he dived at Ragna, unleashing a mighty Exa Crusher. The Dynasmon hurled himself aside and the blast exploded against the ocean instead. Imego lashed out with a fist, but Ragna blocked it with all his strength, crushing Imego's hand with his talons. The Imperialdramon roared in pain and Ragna kicked him away. His eyes frantically sarched for Wyrmflame or the Grade Alpha...

He saw Wyrmflame, impaled into a hill from the force of its fall. He dived for it, wondering why Imego didn't simply blast at him.

It took him ten seconds to reach the blade and wrench it from the earth below. He raised Wyrmflame, purfiying flames spreading along its length and cleaning it, making it shine like the sun as the Digimon Kana on it burned with energy.

"FOR THE FUTURE!" Ragna roared, taking flight. Imego was nowhere to be seen...

Then Ragna saw him. Imego had gone for one thing: the Twilight Sword.

So it would be Wyrmflame against the Twilight Sword, in one last battle.

Ragna charged at Imego as the paladin ascended. Both channelled all of their power into their swords before raising them for one final strike.

"DRACONIS FLAME!"

"TWILIGHT SWORD!"

The two blades met with an apocalyptic force, the shockwave ripping at the ocean below and forming a crater in the water before it faded and the sea splashed back.

Wyrmflame burned with white flame, as the Twilight Sword was burning with black fire. The two weapons strained against each other, neither gaining the other hand.

"This is the end!" Ragna growled "you end today, Imego! With Valra's spirit in this blade and her wishes inscribed on its edge, I will prevail!"

"Your lover is gone! She cannot help you defeat me!"

"Let's test that theory, shall we?! DRACONIS FLAME!" The flames on Wyrmflame burned brighter as Ragna channelled every single bit of power he had left into it.

The Twilight Sword cracked. Cracks started to run along its edge...

"NO!" Imego roared "I AM ETERNAL! I AM A GOD!"

"Nothing is eternal," Ragna stated "no one is a god. You end now."

Once more, the failing power of the Kaiser Mode gave rise to a vision of every action ever made, every decision taken...

And once again, Imego refused.

"I DEFY YOU!" he howled "I AM A GOD! TWILIGHT SWORD!"

In a rush of incredible power, the runes on the Twilight Sword seemed to explode with dark fire. Ragna felt every ounce of power he had poured in Wyrmflame being hurled back into him as a tide of dark fire that seared into his flesh.

Wyrmflame dimmed, then the flames on the blade were overwhelmed and it was swept aside.

But Ragna still held the blade.

Imego raised the burning force of the Twilight Sword.

"The Rebellion endures, Imego," Ragna growled "even if I die, they shall avenge me."

"YOUR REBELLION AND YOUR LIFE ARE DONE!" Imego roared "TWILIGHT SWORD!"

The sword fell and Imego slashed it thorugh Ragna's body. The Dynasmon couldn't resist, he was consumed by the dark flames Imego wielded and his form burned.

He didn't scream. He forced himself to focus. He would die.

But he could take Imego with him.

He saw Valra's face.

"I'll be with you soon, my love," he gasped through the pain "but first, there is one last task to perform. DRACONIS FLAME!"

Wyrmflame ignited once more as Valra's spirit burned bright within it, Ragna pouring the last dregs of his power into this, his last act...

With all his might, he thrust Wyrmflame forwards, impaling Imego through the Digi-Core. Pure white flame exploded into being, searing through the dark paladin.

"NO!" Imego screamed as the charged force of Ragna and Valra's spirits burst forth in an unstoppable force, engulfing his form.

The Kaiser Mode was broken. Imego barely endured, despite every attempt by his Sovereign Level power to heal the damage. The pure flames of light seared through him in a blaze of destruction beyond anything he had ever felt before...

And Ragna let out one last breath, forcing himself upwards, above Imego.

"AVENGERS!" he gasped "END HIM FOR ME! I STARTED THE FUTURE, NOW YOU MUST MOVE TOWARDS IT! All of you... TOWARDS OUR FUTURE!"

The black flames exploded, ripping his data apart in a force of Imego's rage. But as he died, Ragna smiled. His spirit was still alive, and Valra was beside him once again...

Osiris saw Ragna die and his soul seemed to scream.

"Ragna..." he said in disbelief. It couldn't be... not another Avenger dead...

"NO MORE!" the God of Death roared "NO MORE! RAGNA, I WILL AVENGE YOU AND MAKE US ALL A BRIGHT FUTURE!"

(OOC: That was the hardest scene to write, Ragna's death. I utterly cried writing it. Ragna's my favorite character, and I just killed him! By the way, one request. Can someone, whoever ends up killing Imego, take Wyrmflame from the body as a sort of reminder? Just a small request.)

Kamotz

God of Monsters
The sky cracked and burned. The air was set aflame. The sea boiled and rolled. The little islands quaked. Imego remained standing, Ragna's blade still pierced through his core. His armor was cracked, his wings were torn. He was battered and broken, bloody and beaten. But still he remained defiant. As the universe opened itself to Imego, ready to embrace him in finality, he still refused. He spit into the heart of creation.

He pulled Ragna's sword from his chest and hurled the blade away. He held the Twilight Sword in his hand and raised it high with a roar. Light exploded from the blade, spiraling down its edge and burying itself within Imego. It began to mend his wounds, to stitch him back together from the brink. Imego stared at his empty hand as power sparked across his fingers.

"What a fool I've been," Imego chuckled. "I've been fighting you all as a mere Digimon when I should have been fighting you as a god." His eyes sparked with power, and a nearby island lifted into the air. It was suddenly set ablaze and dropped onto the Avengers. It was a veritable meteor, searing the sky and sea as it fell, aching to completely annihilate the Avengers.

But a massive beam of power stopped the island-meteor in its tracks. Power raged against power, cracking the island-meteor and then blowing it apart. Great, burning boulders fell from the sky, forcing the Avengers to take evasive action, but it was much preferred to the alternative. Hyperion let his cannon arm drop, too exhausted to even hold up his hand. And then he fell forward, too.

"Hmmm. So be it," Imego mused. He raised the Twilight Sword and the world began to delete around him. Earth, sea, and sky simply flashed in and out of existence, coinciding with the flashes of light emanated by the Twilight Sword.

"Ragnarok!" Imego roared. He brought the Twilight Sword down with tremendous force and stuck against the earth. Power followed power, ripping outwards as never before. Ajax felt himself swallowed by the attack, felt it sear against him, straight to the core. It smothered them, burned them, ripped into them as pure primal energies tore across the unsuspecting face of the Digital World. The world broke, and as it did, so did the final seals.

Two beings took their first breaths in eons.

Imego lifted into the air, roaring with laughter. Before him the Avengers lay defeated, scattered upon the ground. Not a single one of them had the might needed to stand against his power. Arcane power danced across his body. He was a god. The world was his to do with as he pleased.

Something moved under the earth and sea, just below the surface. With a roar, a massive hand stretched out of the ocean. It was followed by an equally massive head and body. The great monster Magog rose from the ocean's depths with a terrifying roar. From the sky, a golden meteor fell. It passed through the outer layers of the Digital World and came to stop just over the battlefield, just above Magog. The meteor began to shift and expand as Gog revealed himself.

"By the eyes of Fanglongmon," Arahon whispered. "Gog and Magog. It cannot be...them? That's impossible."

"What are they?" Ajax gasped, pure terror in his eyes.

"They are the ancient monsters, the primordial terrors Anubis Teth-Adam warned us about: Gog and Magog," said Arahon. "Or as you might call them...Apocalymon and Milleniummon."

"No!" shouted Imego. "This is my world. You slobbering beasts cannot have it. I will not allow you to-!"

Gog and Magog turned to Imego with murder in their eyes and unleashed such beams of power from them. Imego was atomized in an instant, his data scattered over the battlefield without so much more than a glance from the two monsters. They chuckled darkly to themselves before turning to each other. Power exploded between them as monster battled monster far out over the sea. Whatever power Imego held was made insignificant by comparison.

The end had come...

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Osiris almost laughed at the irony of the whole thing. Imego was destroyed by the very creatures he had unwillingly released.

But now they had a much much bigger problem than Imego.

"So we trade one foe for two far greater," he murmured, watching Gog and Magog battle, each attack an apocalyptic force. Even the great bursts of power unleashed by Ragna and Imego's final battle paled in comparison to these attacks.

"How do we defeat them?" he whispered, watching Magog unleash bursts of power from his gaping maw. The Milleniummon launched a black orb, his Time Unlimited.

Gog countered with his Virus Grenade, hurling spheres of energy that tore Magog's attack apart.

"We have to end this," Osiris said "Anubis Teth-Adam warned us of this. If these two are allowed to battle endlessly, all it will achieve is the destruction of the Digital World itself."

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom watched, completely stunned, as Ragna let out his final words. He could have sworn the draconic knight cast a brief glance at him before the end. Then he was gone.

"No..."

Imego took out the Wyrmflame from his chest.

"...RAAAAAGNAAAAA!" Strom bellowed, his words barely comprehensible through the primal, dinosaurian roar.

He felt as though he was about to collapse to his knees and give up the fight all together. Through his blurred vision, Strom saw something land in front of him.

The Wyrmflame.

Strom carefully took the smoking sword in his claw, despite the fact that it cut and burned him upon touching it. He looked at it carefully and remembered Ragna's words.

"Towards our future..."

Strom closed his fist and kept a tight grip on the sword. "Towards our future, my friend..."

Just as he was standing upright and about to charge at Imego, he saw the dragon vaporized. Gog and Magog turned to each other and began attacking relentlessly.

"Crap... How are we supposed to stop two things stronger than Imego?!" Strom looked at Osiris in particular, since he knew of the prophecy.

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
"There has to be a way to reseal them," said Ajax. "There's no way we can beat them, not at their level of power. But they were sealed before; they can be sealed again, right? Arahon, what stopped them the last time they were freed?"

"I don't know," Arahon whispered. "The Alpha-Gain Force is silent."

"Well, think!" Ajax urged. "You know more about the myths and legends of the Digital World than anyone else! Who could have stopped them?"

"At their level of power, only Ouroboros could have stopped them," said Arahon. "And only with the help of the other for Sovereign."

"But the other Sovereign are gone," said Genesis. "We are all that's left."

"Then we'll have to be enough," declared Ajax. "Arahon, summon the Ultimate War Blade and try to figure out how to seal these evil bast*rds away. Avengers, we need to buy Arahon some time. Let's show these cosmic a**holes what we can do."

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom snarled furiously and nodded. "BLUE PROMINANCE!"

He shot the superheated plasma from his mouth and watched as it hit the side of Milleniumon's face. It didn't do much other than briefly avert the being's attention.

Gapsar, now Gaiomon, also rushed to Strom's and the other Avengers' sides. "I got ya covered, Strom! Gaia Reactor!"

Gapsar began concentrating the atmospheric energy around him before launching it in beam-form at the Milleniumon.

The powerful beast snarled in irratation, but Strom and Gapsar both kept up their ranged attacks, both equally filled with adrenaline and fury.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Osiris knew that even if Strom and Gapsar's efforts were probably pointless, they were their best chance at stalling Gog and Magog for any length of time.

The two were colossal, titans with power beyond belief. Osiris had already watched them wipe out Imego in a second, after even Ragna impaling the Paladin through the Digi-Core with Wyrmflame hadn't done the job!

Osiris noticed Strom was now holding the blade. He had seen Ragna start to strike up a friendship with the Spinomon and knew that Strom had to be feeling almost as wretched as he did.

They had all lost something when Rai, Karasu, Ragna and Valra had fallen. They had lost fragments of the team, parts of a collective whole. Maybe they hadn't been the closest of friends, but they had shared something, the desire to avenge those Imego harmed.

Now four pieces of the great collective were gone. And perhaps it was Ragna and Valra who were most sorely missed. The two lovers had been a comfort, in some way, reminding the others that war wasn't everything in their lives. Ragna and Valra had forged a bond that should have endured beyond the war.

Instead, both of their lives had been brutally cut short by Imego.

Maybe the Paladin had gone. But now, the need to fight was stronger than ever.

Ragna's words resounded through him: "Towards our future."

There were two paths forward, one where Gog and Magog were sealed, the other where they destroyed the world. Osiris knew which one was the right one.

"DARK ROAR!" he called, feeling the spirits of the dead with him. They too knew what had to be done, giving him more power to save the living. He felt Ragna and Valra most of all, alongside Rai and Karasu, those he knew.

The sphere of crackling darkness shot from his maw, tearing through the air and exploding against Apocalymon. The golden and purple planetoid sized form of his lower body took the hit without even shaking. The primoridial terror growled in irritation, as if the powerful blast was nothing more than an insect bite to a being of its scale and power.

"Damn you," Osiris growled "come on, Arahon! Think! Surely there's some way out, something we can do!"

PeeGee

ROAWR!
"Ragna's gone," muttered Kairi, "We just keep dying."

Karmas turned towards Kairi, "Don't think like that. We have another problem at hand, in case you haven't noticed. Imego may be dead, but Apocalymon and Milleniummon are a much bigger threat."

"Yeah, alright we need to help end this now," said Kairi. "I'll go for Apocalymon and you go for Milleniummon."

"Right," said Karmas.

The Korikkakumon ran towards the Milleniummon, who was currently occupied with Strom and Gaspar, and held out his axes.

"Frozen Arrowheads!"

The shards of ice slammed into the gigantic digimon, but they did naught but anger it. Milleniummon roared in irritation, Karmas knew that this was a sign that the plan was working.

"Reverse Izuna!"

Meanwhile Kairi was fighting along side Osiris, zapping Apocalymon with supernatural lightning created by her staff. Her attacks seemed to be doing as much damage as Karmas' did to Milleniummon.

"How much longer must we hold out for?" half asked/half yelled Kairi, she could feel the magical energy inside of her draining.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Gog the Apocalymon was furious. All he wanted was to battle his eternal nemesis, Magog the Millenuimmon, and the puny Digimon annoyances simply irritated him. He had spent countless eons locked away with nothing but the thoughts of destruction to occupy his time with. Gog would realize all his terrible dreams. He would crush Magog and raze the entire Digital World. But first he had to take care of those nuisances. He raised his hand and pointed it out over the world.

"Reverse Digivolve," he whispered. It was a whisper that cracked the air and thundered through the sky. His power and voice coursed through the Avengers, forcing them all to de-digivolve and revert to their rookie forms. Only Arahon managed to avoid the attack as he was protected by the power of Fanglongmon.

Ajax fell to the ground, reduced to his Guilmon form. Onaga and Valkur followed, as Flamemon and Strabimon, respectively. They crashed hard, shaken with having their power ripped away so forcefully. They stood on the scorched earth as Gog and Magog continued to battle. Ironically, the safest place was where they were standing. Miles away, the sea burst into flames, the earth melted, and the sky rained fire. The mere presence of these two monsters was warping the very fabric of the digital world.

And only Arahon stood in their way. As powerful as he was with the Ultimate War Blade at his disposal, he still couldn't hope to defeat even one of the monsters. His only chance was to tap the powers of Fanglongmon and use them to seal Gog and Magog once more. But it had to be done in one shot. If he only managed to seal one of the beasts, the other would catch on and Arahon wouldn't get a second chance. Even one monster could ravage the Digital World for years without end.

"How?" Arahon wondered hopelessly. "How can I possible do this on my own?"

"You're not on your own," Ajax declared. He and the rest of the rookies walked over to the black knight. "We're here to help you."

"No," Arahon protested. "They could kill you with a word, a gesture, or a glance. I won't let you walk into your doom." Arahon turned and launched himself into the air. He swung his sword with all his might. The attack only served the seriously annoy Magog, who lashed out, blasting at Arahon with his deadly cannons. Arahon was forced to take evasive action, and realized with dread, that the monster was merely toying with him.

He suddenly found himself snared in one of Gog's metal claws. For the moment, the two primordial terrors were working together, toying with their prey. Arahon was held just above Magog's open maw as power coalesced between the monster's teeth and he prepared to destroy the black knight.

A pair of mighty cannon blasts struck Magog and drew his attention from Arahon. The monster turned his deadly gaze upon Hyperion, but the white knight met the death glare without flinching. He let out a roar, drew his sword, and charged.

"Off me!" Arahon shouted. He broke free of Gog's grip and rushed forward to attack the beast's true body, the torso that emerged from the top of the polyhedron. This forced Gog to move and defend himself, and that's when Arahon saw his opening. As Magog toyed with Hyperion, Arahon made his move. He swung the Ultimate War Blade with all his might and struck Gog's polyhedron shell. The force of the swing sent the great monster flying through the air and crashing right into Magog. Magog was forced to drop Hyperion and turned on Gog in a rage.

They locked in a deadly embrace. Magog's mighty hands gripped at the golden polyhedron and grasped Gog's true body tightly. Gog's metal claws clamped down hard on Magog's neck arms and body just as tightly. Each tried to rip the life from the other.

"Yellow Circle!" Arahon cried out. But this time, instead of the circle surrounding him, it surrounded the two monsters, locking them in place. "Tai Chi!" Power ripped from the edge of the Ultimate War Blade and washed over the two monsters. It circled around them, completely wrapping them in a cascade of divine energies.

Arahon spoke, the words came to him instinctively as the power reacted to them. "With this ring I bind your spirits. I seal you where you stand. And like drawing poison from a wound, I cast you from this land!"

The power ripped inwards, crushing both Gog and Magog into one another. It folded upon itself infinitely, and the two beasts roared roars of complete and utter agony, the roars of being completely unmade. Then the light began to fade, leaving nothing behind.

No. There was something.

"This isn't right!" Arahon shouted. "They aren't supposed to still be here. Nothing should be left! What the hell is that?!"

It was a single blue crystal, though a darkness flowed somewhere within it. The distortions around the Digital World had lessened, but the monsters still existed. They watched angrily with glowing red eyes. The eyes then glanced out over the sea, to where a group of Digimon floated on wreckage of some great structure. The beast, the Gog-Magog Entity leveled a glare at them, and power ripped from the crystal. It crashed into the unsuspecting Digimon and atomized them.

"They must not be allowed to continue!" Arahon shouted. "Fanglongmon, grant me strength!" He raised the Ultimate War Blade and brought it down on the crystal with all his might. Power cascaded out in all directions, drenching the sky with light. When the light faded, a long crack ran down the length of the crystal. The Gog-Magog Entity turned his rage back to the Arahon...and blasted him with a bolt of cosmic power from point-blank range.

Arahon roared in agony. The bolt ripped through him, tearing his form away. He dropped to the ground in a smoking heap: no longer Alphamon, Grademon, or Raptordramon. He was but a simple Dorumon. Weak and helpless. Ajax and the Rookie Avengers rushed to Arahon's side, but the Gog-Magog Entity again unleashed a terrible blast of power.

But it was blocked.

Hyperion stood over his comerades as the bolt of power continued to pound against the blade of the Transcendent Sword. Hyperion strained against the unrelenting onslaught of cosmic might, but broken and beaten as he was, he was no match for the power. As he fought to deflect the attack, it actually deflected him and sent him flying through the air. A second bolt of power followed. It pierced right through Hyperion's chest.

The white knight fell to the ground, utterly exhausted and wounded like never before.

"Why didn't he de-digivolve with the rest of us?" Onaga wondered.

"He can't," Ajax reminded. "When he was forced to become Omnimon, the evolution was permenant. But he can't help us anymore. We're on our own."

"That crack in the crystal!" Valkur shouted. "That thing seemed awfully ****** when Arahon did that to him. Let's hit him with everything we've got!"

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
(Today's warning: When sealing away primordial terrors Apocalymon and Milleniummon by combining Tai Chi and Yellow Circle, be warned there is a high chance of forced Digivolution to Moon-Milleniummon!)

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Osiris, now a lone, pathetic Labramon thanks to Gog's Reverse Digivolve, barked as he saw the terrfiying combination of the terrors. Gog-Magog was huge, a single crystal containing swirling darkness.

"We hit them with all our power," he growled "and all they do is spit in our faces and Digivolve to something stronger!"

This was something new. He had merely assumed that they would stay in their base Apocalymon and Milleniummon forms, but now they had become this new being.

Still, they had to fight. That was their only hope. Even without the power of his Ancient form, he still had power, as they all did.

All they had to do was believe.

He stepped towards Gog-Magog, letting out a fierce bark. The god-Digimon regarded him with disinterest, instead keeping much of its attention focused on Hyperion, who was still at Mega Level and therefore, still much of a threat.

"Retribark!" Osiris called, unleashing a sonic burst from his mouth that struck the crack created by Arahon's Ultimate Warblade King Dragon Sword. The blast certainly didn't hurt Gog-Magog, but it did irritate the god.

"DEATH CRYSTAL!" Gog-Magog spoke, the words resonating as if it had roared. Energy flashed within the crystal encasing its form, before a flurry of dark crystalline shards burst from it, tearing into the land and sea, several shards narrowly missing Osiris.

Last edited:

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom looked at himself. He was no longer the collossal dinosaur he was used to. He was a Guilmon again. Strom couldn't even lift the Wyrmflame anymore. He and the other avengers were rookie levels again. The small Guilmon looked over at the Strabimon.

"I agree, Valkur. Let's get them! Pyro Sphere!" Strom yelled, spitting large fireballs towards the crystal.

"I can't just let all who have died, die for nothing," he thought as he launched more balls of flame, which increased in frequency, size, and power.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
The rookie-level Avengers sent their tiny attacks towards the great crack in the Gog-Magog Entity. They attacked without hesitation, putting their all into each and every move. They chipped tiny pieces from the crystal, but that only seemed to amuse the dark god further. The monster launched crystalline shards at the Avengers, missing purposefully, enjoying the opportunity to play with its prey. It would occasionally glance towards Hyperion, but the white knight hadn't moved from where he was struck down. His inability to return to the Rookie level caused him untold agony. He wasn't dying, but he was unable to bear the pain.

"This isn't working," said Ajax. "We're just not strong enough." He spotted the Wyrmflame lying discarded on the ground. "If we could just throw Ragna's sword into the crack, or somehow hit him with it, we might have a chance!" A plan quickly formed. "I know! We can give all our power to one of us so they can Digivolve as far as possible, then they can use the Wyrmflame sword!"

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
(I knew making a sword was a good idea! Of course, I never realised just how good!)

Osiris felt amazed. Ragna had given his very life to help them defeat Imego, and now the sword forged of the bonds he and Valra had shared would be used to help save the world from Gog-Magog.

The question was, who should wield the blade agaist the terror before them?

Osiris knew it should be used by a powerful and skilled warrior, someone who could both strike Gog-Magog and evade the powerful attacks the monster could unleash.

One Digimon present was truly worthy.

Ajax himself.

"Ajax," he said "I will gladly give you my strength so you can Digivolve. Take up Ragna's sword and use it to end this destruction, end the pain and death. It's what he would have wanted to happen. You should wield Wyrmflame."

"You lead us through it all, even when the future seemed bleak, even when we abandoned hope, you led us onwards. When Rai, Karasu and Valra were destroyed by Imego, you were the one who formed the plan that took him down in the end, though not as we imagined. Now, wield that sword, Ajax."

"That blade is meant to bring about a brighter future. Ragna told us as much in his last words. The very word is inscribed on that sword. If there is one thing to be done, it is to use Wyrmflame to defeat Gog-Magog."

So saying, he raised his head and barked, a thin ribbon of glowing light linking him to Ajax...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom looked down at Ragna's blade at his feet. He then looked up to his fellow Guilmon and nodded. "I agree with Osiris. You're, bar-none, the best swordsman here. If anyone can pull it off, it's you... leader."

With his pride finally swallowed, Strom began to give Ajax his own energy and power. With a heave, Strom picked up the hot Wyrmflame in his claws, the blade once again cutting into the same place on his left palm. He winced, but nevertheless stuck the sword into the ground in front of Ajax.

"Don't mess this up, or else I'll show you who the stronger Guilmon is," Strom said with a grin as his energy continued to be transferred, all the while eying his bleeding claw.

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Ajax accepted the energy with an open heart. He let it pour into him, from each and every Digimon present. And he felt more. Power flowed from across the world, from Digimon everywhere, from both sides of the Civil War, from all those who continued to hope against all hope. Ajax accepted this power, this burden, and he became one with the world. The power catapulted him into his WarGrowlmon form. Then he reached out and touched the blade of the Wyrmflame, and the Mega level was his once again.

With burning sword in hand, the MedievalGallantmon raced forward. He leaped into the air, and with a roar, he brought the Wyrmflame down, driving it deep into the fissure in the crystal. The Gog-Magog Entity let out a howl of pain as the crystal shattered. Energy washed out in all directions, returning the Rookie Digimon to their Mega forms that had been stolen from them.

The Gog-Magog Entity, no longer restrained by the crystal, was a billowing cloud of smoke and vapor. It seethed, angrier than anything that ever lived. Ajax responded with his own righteous anger, and hurled the Wyrmflame through the heart of the primordial beast. The sword set the monster aflame, and the entity let out a screech of agony.

But it refused to die. With one roar, it gathered shape and mass from the very Digital World, drawing in the data of the land, air, and sea. It created for itself, a body, one surrounded in fractal code to keep it together. The beast had two heads and one large core. It was the greatest monster the Digital World had ever seen.

"ZeedMilleniummon," Arahon whispered in awe.

The very presence of the monster sent cracks across the Digital World that ripped deep into its core. And as the Avnegers assembled to face this final threat, a force began to stir far, far away. It watched the battle with interest, knowing that the outcome also dictated whether it would live on as well. It needed a weapon, a tool to use against the monster. And it had one in its sights...

Ajax grabbed the Wyrmflame again and sent a firebolt at the monster. The attack scorched the beast's skin, but seemed to only annoy it. It turned its menacing glare upon the Avengers, but they didn't waver. The Gog-Magog Entity let out a roar of fury, but Ajax, weapons in both hands, raised them to the sky and spoke the two great words once again, urging his friends into battle...

"Avengers...ASSEMBLE!"

Last edited: