• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Civil War (RPG Thread)

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Aegyptu caught sight of Strom as the Avengers began to leave for the battle.

"Stromus Marocannus?!" he asked in surprise.

Strom turned to face Aegyptu. He growled under his breath, but kneeled before him. "Lord Aegyptu..."

"Where have you been?! I was told that you had been killed. I appoint you my messenger and after your first mission you vanish. You leave the prosperity of the Sovereignty to go off and join a team of mercenary rebels?! Were we not good enough for you that you would rather fight a war that will sweep the world?"

"It's not that, my lord... I was betrayed, imprisoned, and tortured... Joining the Rebels was purely for revenge."

"You left the Sovereignty before all of those things happened, I assume. Revenge against who, exactly?"

"The Dramons, of course!"

Aegyptu looked unconvinced. "I was told that you felt contempt towards our neutrality while on duty," he exclaimed, stepping forwards and putting a solid, piercing grip on Strom's shoulder.

The smaller Spinomon winced and nodded. "Y...es... My lord... I felt that our forces could have been put to good use obliterating the Dramon's oppression, so that we may have freedom and peace."

"We have freedom and peace, here," Aegyptu stated, simply.

"Not any more we don't... My Lord," Strom replied.

Aegyptu angrily snarled and pushed Strom back. "...Perhaps... If you want to go and fight, let us go and do so."

Strom stood up and nodded. "Do I have permission to lead the Tyrannomon battalion?"

Aegyptu reluctantly nodded. "You do have a sharp mind, Strom, despite your wretched independent streak. Also, give word for the Pteramon Aerial Force to perform a double envelopement maneouver to support the Rebel Air troops. Understood, Strom?"

Strom grinned and nodded. "Thank you, m'lord."

He bowed before running out of the massive throne room to do battle.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
"Ajax," Ragna said "are we ready?"

"Ready as we need to be," Ajax answered simply. He looked to Arahon, who nodded in return.

"Follow my lead," Arahon ordered. "Ragna, Karasu, Ajax; we need to head straight for Imego and take him out of the battle strategy before he can muster a charge."

"Right," Ajax nodded. "X-Evolution...Gallantmon X." He once again transformed into his X-evolved form. "I'll Crimson Evolve later in the fight," he explained.

"Valkur, Onaga," Arahon called out. "Help Aegyptu's forces mobilize. Rai, go alert our forces and have them come to the battle. Everyone else, keep the skies clear: the Sovereignty should be able to handle the ground battle until the Greymon Corps and the Gargomon Unit arrive. But those of you who can fly need to get yourselves up in the air."

Valkur nodded and launched himself into the air to fly beside the fleet of Pteramon that served as the only air support the Paleozoic Sovereignty had. Onaga followed close behind him with the Dragon Soul Sword drawn.

Arahon led the charge against Imego as he summoned the Grade Alpha sword. Imego spotted him and scowled; he still remembered his defeat at Arahon's hands and wanted all-to-much to avenge his loss. The great paladin lifted off the Black Imperialdramon and flew towards the four that had set to combat him.

"Here he comes!" Ajax warned. "Everyone get ready!"

Imego was on them in moments. Energy cascaded along the length of the Omni Sword as Imego prepared his attack. The mighty paladin swung the sword hard. Arahon dodged to the side but was caught by Imego's backhand. Ajax attacked next, stabbing swiftly with the Gram energy lance. Imego parried his strike, then brought the Omni Sword down hard. Ajax blocked the slash with the Aegis shield, and for a moment, the power behind Imego's swing threatened to overwhelm him.

"Shield of the Just!" Ajax called out. The blast of power exploded from his shield and hit Imego at point blank range. The blast engulfed the paladin and sent him flying through the air.

Imego snarled, clearly more irritated than hurt. He pointed his sword towards Ajax. "Positron Laser!" he cried. Power lanced from the tip of his sword and slammed into Ajax's shield. The force of the blast knocked Ajax through the air.

Arahon attacked next. He brought the Grade Alpha sword down hard in an overhead strike, but Imego blocked the blow and hit Arahon with swift uppercut.

"I haven't forgotten what you did to me," Imego hissed. "How you embarrassed me; humiliated me! But this time I am the one with the power. This time, you will feel pain as no other."

"Digitalize of Soul!" Arahon cried out. A great energy burst from his hand and crashed into Imego. The draconic paladin was carried through the air and into the Black Imperialdramon that he had ridden. Arahon's attack exploded, consuming the Imperialdramon and reducing it to pieces of data.

"Boast only when you have the true upper hand," said Arahon smugly. "You're not so powerful that you can't be harmed. So shut your mouth and fight."

"I'll kill you for that," Imego snarled. He charged again, but Ajax shoulder-tackled him with the Aegis shield and knocked him off course. Imego roared his fury and unleashed his Hyper Prominence on the four rebels...

Hotshot

Rai took off in the blink of an eye, exerting every last bit of speed he had in order to alert the Greymon Corps and Gargomon Unit that it was time for battle. As soon as he was in range, the Rapidmon let loose two missiles into the air, signaling that the waiting soldiers should begin their march into battle. Satisfied with his accomplishment, Rai approached the oncoming Gargomon Unit and exclaimed, "Alright, boys, it's time to watch the master at work! To battle!"

-----------------

Imego's Hyper Prominence drew ever nearer to the the four Rebels. Realizing their danger, Karasu utilized his lightning reflexes and speed to knock his companions out of the attack's path. The Hyper Prominence was by now upon him, and Karasu had just enough time to leap out of the way before being engulfed by the attack. However, Karasu had misjudged the speed of Imego's attack, and his right leg was grazed by the Hyper Prominence.

Karasu cringed in pain as he landed beside his leader, Ajax. Unsheathing his blade, Karasu lunged at Imego from the air. The two blades, the Moushugeki and the Omni Sword, clashed. Sparks flew in all directions as each sword-wielder attempted to overpower the other. It appeared that Karasu was built for more than just speed. However, his strength was not nearly enough to combat that of Imego. For a few seconds, the two Digimon clashed with their swords, but that was all. Imego soon overpowered Karasu, and sent the bird Digimon reeling backwards.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom stood in front of ranks of Tyrannomon, MasterTyrannomon, MetalTyrannomon, and DarkTyrannomon. "Okay, boys! All MetalTyrannomon take point; We'll be acting as the left flank for the Greymon Corps, got it?"

A voice called out from the crowd. "Strom? Is that you?!"

Strom nodded. "Yes it is. I'm alive, get over it!" he said with a grin.

"And why should we follow you? You abandoned us!" another voice said.

"All personal feelings aside, it's because I know what I'm doing and am under orders from King Aegyptu! We'll have a reunion after, but now, let's tear these Dramon scum to shreds!"

A chorus of earth-shaking roars came from the battalion. Strom smiled and turned around, leading the Tyrannomons along the left of the Greymons.

"Start it off with Giga Destroyer II!"

The MetalTyrannomon stepped forwards, opened their right hands, and aimed upwards. From their hands came a barrage of anti-infantry rockets, which rained down on the advancing enemy.

"Twice more! Let 'em have it!!"

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Ragna rushed towards Imego, passing Karasu as he did so.

"Breath of Wyvern!" he roared. His blast surrounded him as he charged. Eventually he slammed into Imego, impacting with the paladin's sword. The blade would have sliced him in half if it weren't for the energy surrounding him. Imego strained against Ragna's great strength.

"Omni Sword," Imego said calmly. Light shone from the runes on the blade and Ragna's attack vanished as the powerful attack scattered the energy. Imego sliced his sword into Ragna's chest, hurling the Dynasmon away.

"Damn," Ragna growled, stopping and prepaing to hurl himself back at Imego. Suddenly, what looked like a blue blur hit him. He fell a few feet before spreading his wings and stopping.

"Who did that?" he growled. A few feet away, a cobalt armoured knight appeared, seemingly from no where. The UlforceVeedramon was smiling.

"Hello, Ragna," the knight said.

"Ruatemn," Ragna spat "that's what you're going by these days, right?"

"That is my new name," Ruatemn said "new name, new life. You could have a new life too, Ragna. A respected position in the Dramon Empire."

"No thanks," Ragna replied "Dragon Thrower!" He thrust out his palm and sent a jet of ruby light shooting towards Ruatemn. The UlforceVeedramon effortlessly dodged. Ragna hurled himself at the knight, only to find a glowing sword at his throat.

"Give up," Ruatemn commanded.

"DNA Disintergrator!" Ragna roared. He pressed his palms into Ruatemn's chest and his attack exploded out, hurling Ruatemn away. The UlforceVeedramon easily stopped himself and he didn't seem harmed at all.

"Pathetic," Ruatemn said. Ragna started to get angry. He hurled himself at the UlforceVeedramon, throwing a punch that would have removed the knights head if he hadn't brought his Tensegrity Shield up in the way. Ragna growled as his puch bounced off of the shield. A secodn later he felt searing pain as the Ulforce Saber sliced across his chest.

"You used to be strong Ragna," Ruatemn taunted "now I find a pathetic weakling in place of the mighty leader. Love has weakened you. Valra has weakened you."

"How do you know her name?" Ragna demanded.

"Our spy told us so much about you," Rautemn said "especially your lover. She isn't even worthy of you, pathetic insect." Ragna roared in fury and fired a Dragon Thrower at Ruatemn, which the knight easily dodged.

"Weak," Ruatemn replied, yawning "I deserve a challenge. Maybe your lover dying will improve your skill." Ragna suddenly saw Valra fighting a group of Sealsdramon on the ground.

"Leave her alone!" he roared.

"She is a rebel," Ruatemn said "therefore, she is a target."

"You've made three mistakes," Ragna growled "one, fighting me. Two, makign me angry. And three. Threatening Valra. BREATH OF WYVERN!" The energy dragon surrounded his body as he charged into Ruatemn. The UlforceVeedramon brought up his shield to block, but Ragna's fury had given his attack so much power that he shattered the shield easily. He delived a single punch into Ruatemn's chest that sent the knight soaring back. When Ruatemn stopped, he was deathly white, suddenly realising exactly what he had done.

He had turned Ragna into a raging monster powerful enough to kill him without a thought.

"I have far better prey to deal with," Ruatemn said, makign himself scarce.

"COWARD!" Ragna roared after him. He turned back towards Imego, preparing to rejoin the fight...

Running through the Nearby town like a crier, Gapsar tried to mass up a troop of Dinosaurs, as he wanted to get the message of war to the Dinosaur troops quickly. Yelling to go to arms, Gapsar was confronted at the town center by a mob of Dinosaurs.

"Gapsar?" an Allomon roared, "Why have you come back here?"
"Yeah! You were cast out, go away dragon!" a MameTyramon jumped up, right at Gapsar's height.
"NO!" The Master Tyrannomon Boomed, "You are under attack by the Dramon Empire! You have to come with me if you want to live!"
"Yeah? And? You're probably the one leading the Dramon Forces am I right?" the Allomon smirked, a group of Dinosaurs chuckled.
"I'm a Rebel! I try to fight the Dramon!" Gapsar snarled
"Well then," The Allomon started, acted as unofficial leader of this mob."You're worse, you're like a magnet, you bring trouble wherever you go! Get out before you destroy our village!"
Gapsar shook his head, "No! You don't understand! The Dramon Empire has already declared war on you! They're already killing your brothers!"
A long pause of silence went, only a distant explosion was heard. Finally, a DarkTyrannomon raised his hand, "I'll help." The Virus Dinosaur muttered, "If our brothers are dying then whether or not Gapsar was kicked out isn't a problem. We need to band together and fight." The DarkTyrannomon spoke in a calm, smooth voice. There was a bit of hesitation for a few more moments, however, the Allomon let up,
"TO ARMS" He boomed, and all of the Dinosaurs let out a roar and raised their fists.
"Let's move then!" Gapsar yelled back, and the mob streamed out onto the Battlefield. The young Gapsar leading the force, and Digivolving as he ran in to back up Strom's brigade...

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Karmas roared as he swung his axe. Two AeroVeedramons lost their heads as the axe finished swinging around. But once the two Dramon had disappeared into data they were replaced by four more AeroVeedramons.

"Arctic Blizzard!" he roared.

Karmas took a deep breath and blew out a huge blizzard from his lungs. The AeroVeedramon fought against the blizzard but they were unable to fight it. Soon most of the AeroVeedramon were destroyed by the blizzard and Karmas was out of breath. This didn't stop the Dramon though, they kept coming towards him.

"Let's do this again," said Karmas as he took another deep breath.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Imego's Hyper Prominence lanced through the air and slammed into Ajax, who had failed to bring up his shield in time to block the attack. He was knocked through the air and sent spiraling to the ground. Arahon fared better; he had canceled out Imego's attack with his Digitalize of Soul.

Things began taking a turn for the worst. Ragna was soon taken from the fight by an UlforceVeedramon--they apparently had some history. And with Ajax out of action for the moment it was only Arahon and Karasu left to stand against Imego.

"Omni Sword!" Imego roared. He brought the weapon down hard, aiming towards Arahon.

"Holy Sword Grade Alpha!" Arahon countered. He swung his own weapon up and crashed it against the Omni Sword. Energies surged from between the clashing blades, and amazingly Arahon's power held against Imego. This seemed to surprise even Arahon, but his momentary shock and elation left him open for the follow-up kick from Imego, and he was knocked through the air.

Imego then turned his attention to Karasu and charged him. He swung his sword with tremendous power, and though the difference in speed allow Karasu to block or dodge his every strike, the power behind each strike was great enough so that when Karasu blocked, the sheer impact of the blow caused him considerable pain.

"Now die!" Imego roared. He brought the Omni Sword down in a terrifyingly powerful arc, fully intent on rendering Karasu and his sword in two.

"Victory Saber!" Ajax cried as he re-entered the battle. He swung his beam lance up to intercept Imego's strike. Gram crashed against the Omni Sword, but the backlash of power released from such a blow shorted out the Gram lance and the entire weapon and generator exploded.

"Omni Sword!" Imego snarled, bringing his weapon down again. Ajax brought up his shield, and just managed to block the strike. Energy erupted from the downward slash of the Omni Sword, and the power overwhelmed the defensive capabilities of the Aegis shield, and the shield shattered. Energy washed over Ajax, searing through his armor and sent him crashing to the ground.

Arahon unleashed a great energy beast via his Digitalize of Soul, but Imego slashed the Omni Sword through it and dispelled the energy. Arahon and Imego flew at each other, slashing their swords against one another. Their swords crashed together, and they grabbed on to each other as they spiraled up higher into the sky. The pair even raced passed Valkur as he fended off a pair of Wingdramon.

"What power," he marveled. The two dragons moved to attack him again, but he dropped from the sky and flew beneath them. "Magna Cannons," he howled. The two cannons on his chest armor fired twin blue beams of power and completely annihilated the two dragons.

Onaga finally arrived with the Greymon Corps. The ground-bound Greymon, Greymon X, and GeoGreymon marched alongside the dinosaur troops of the Paleozoic Sovereignty. The MetalGreymon, MetalGreymon X, and RizeGreymon provided long-range artillery support. A pair of WarGreymon, a pair of WarGreymon X, and a single ShineGreymon flew in formation behind Onaga to combat the flying Dramon in close range.

The mega-level Greymon broke off and carved a path through the Dramon's ranks. Onaga himself cut a pair of Paildramon in two before vaporizing an AeroVeedramon with a blast of flame.

"Having fun, Onaga?" Valkur shouted over the roar of battle.

"Love killing Dramon," Onaga shouted back. He unleashed a Dragonfire Crossbow and vaporized an Imperialdramon that was unfortunate enough to get in his way.

"Giga Crusher!" Imego roared high above them. He and Arahon were still locked together, but he had unleashed his mighty attack. The white-hot sphere of dark-matter slammed into Arahon from point-blank range and carried him from the sky. Arahon was driven into the ground and the attack detonated. Energy erupted into the sky, searing through Dramon and rebel alike.

Imego laughed maniacally when Arahon didn't emerge from the smoke and dust. He then turned back to the remaining rebels: Karasu and Ragna--who had returned to the battle. He smirked demonically, raised the Omni Sword, and charged...

Hotshot

Imego was charging straight for the two rebels: Karasu and Ragna. Karasu, blade quivering in hand, slowly began inching away. He was afraid. He couldn't deny it. However, just as Imego's blade was just a mere yard away from his face, Karasu remembered something...

Jijimon had been killed...by Imego himself. Rage boiled up inside of Karasu, and his amulet, the only thing he had left to remember Jijimon by, began to glow with a last remnant of the deceased Digimon's power, but it was enough. Enough for Karasu to Mode Change.

"Ravemon...Digivolve to..." Karasu screamed, standing strong as Imego approached. Suddenly he was engulfed in a pillar of light and his entire body seemed to glow like the sun. "...RAVEMON BURST MODE!!!"

With that, the newly Digivolved Karasu hurled himself at Imego, matching the powerful Mega's power with that of his own. Karasu no longer used his sword. He no longer needed to. Instead, he parried each of Imego's slashes with his diamond-hard wings. And, in response, the Ravemon Burst Mode retaliated with his infamous Musou Tenshou Yoku no Jin!

The attack surged into Imego's body, sending the Mega level reeling backward. Karasu paused a second, and was soon back in the battle. In just a few milliseconds, Karasu had inflicted numerous gashes into Imego's body. However, that was not enough to halt the Paladin Mode. Imego soon regained his balance and sent Karasu packing with a solid Positron Laser. Karasu, still in his Burst Mode, was sent careening backward once again.

-------------

Meanwhile, Rai and his fellow Rapidmon were enjoying themselves quite nicely while barraging the Dramon with attack after attack. In fact, Rai was keeping track of just how many Dramon he was killing. It appeared to be some kind of sick game, but to Rai, it was a sport.

"Rapid Fire!!!" A Dramon fell. "Rapid Fire!!!" Two more fell. "RAPID FIRE!!!" Four Dramon fell to the ground, dead.

"Hahahaha!!!" Rai guffawed, blasting another Dramon, "Forty-three...forty-four...forty-five! This has got to be a new record or something!"

Last edited:

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom saw the Greymon Corps break through the Dramon ranks. "Okay! Now's are chance! CHARGE!"

The Tyrannomon battalion began charging along the left flank towards the Dramon. Strom burst, with tooth and claw through them and began slashing, biting, and stomping away at the Dramon. He finished doing away with a Sealsdramon when something caught his eye. He saw a DinoRexmon standing on the battlefield.

"Not again..." Strom said, beginning to charge towards the familiar digimon.

Just then, a Green Coredramon appeared in front of him, obstructing his path. Strom roared. "GET OUTTA MY WAY! BLUE PROMINENCE!"

He fired the beam, which not only went through the Dramon, but took out the Sealsdramon behind it. When the data scattered, the DinoRexmon was nowhere to be seen.

He growled to himself and yelled to his comrades. "...Keep the pressure on them!!"

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Ragna looked at the battle with Imego grimly. The paladin was quickly proving himself worthy of Ragna's fears and more. He and Karasu stood alone agaisnt Imego's power, for now at least.

"If we don't stop Imego, he'll tear through our troops like tissue paper," Ragna said "we can't let that happen. If it does, eventually he'll get Valra." He remembered the night he had spent with Valra, their confessions, the kisses they had shared. Then his nightmare.

"It won't come true!" Ragna roared, as Imego charged at him "becuase I won't let it! DNA Disintergrator!" He sent two waves of powerful energy flowing through the air into the paladin, who easily charged through the attack. Ragna managed to grip the Omni Sword and pull it away from Imego, throwing the sacred blade to the earth below.

"You'll pay for that!" Imego roared "Splendor Blade!" A glowing claw shot out of his bracer and the paladin slashed it towards Ragna, who blocked the strike with his own bracer.

"Dragon Thrower!" Ragna roared, thrusting his palm into Imego's chest. His blast exploded out of his hand just as it hit Imego, throwing the paladin through the air.

"Pointless," Imego said "nothing can save you or your pathetic rebellion from me!" Ragna thought of Valra, of her dying exactly as he had seen in his nightmare.

"You won't get to them while I still breathe!" he roared.

"I can stop you breathing all too easily, betrayer!" Imego roared. Ragna looked at the paladin, thinking. He didn't truly belong to either side in the war, rejected by both. The rebellion had taken him in, but he was still not truly trusted, still had suspicious glances sent his way. Only one person in the rebellion had accepted him for who he was, not what he was. Valra.

"You won't hurt her!" Ragna roared "you won't hurt anyone else! I won't let you take another life!" He felt energy rising inside him as his rage built.

"No more!" Ragna yelled "no more pain Imego! X-EVOLUTION!" His body started to shift into his Dynasmon X form.

"DYNASMON X!" he finished. He stood in his Dynasmon X form, his body shaking with pure fury.

"Dragon Thrower!" he roared. He sent a jet of ruby light into Imego, who blocked it. The blast did no apparent damage.

"Pathetic!" Imego roared "I deserve a far superior opponent! I hope your pathetic lover is more of a challenge!" Cold fury built up inside Ragna, more rage than ever before.

"You won't touch her!" he screamed "BREATH OF WYVERN!" His energy dragon burst into fiery life as he rushed into Imego, screaming with pure rage. He slammed into the mighty paladin, pushing Imego back through the air. Without his Omni Sword,m Imego had no way to counter the attack and was sent flying downwards as Ragna pushed him. The two slammed into the ground with bone-breaking force, forming a new crater in the desert. Sand exploded around the impact, blinding everyone nearby. The two warriors rose from the dust, their armour battered and dented, but their fighting spirit intact.

"You think you are capable of ending my life?!" Imego roared "you are nothing! A traitor to your own kind!" Ragna looked at him angrily. There was so much emotion in his eyes that the word 'fury' failed miserably at describing it.

"You aren't my kind," he said "you haven't been for a long time." He threw himself at the paladin, not bothering with attacks. He grabbed Imego and flew back into the sky before twisting round and preparing to slam into the ground.

"You think a little fall will kill me?" Imego said "you are sorely mistaken! Hyper Prominence!" Light lanced from his body and hurled Ragna into the ground. He stood shakily, feeling the new injuries from the fall. But his fury still blazed inside him, along with his desire to protect Valra from Imego. He lunged towards the paladin, failing to notice the Omni Sword Imego was gripping.

"Positron Laser," Imego yawned. A jet of light shot from the tip of his blade, hurling Ragna into the ground again.

"I am tired of this," Imego said "Rhugal!" Instantly a Dorugoramon removed himself from his nearby battle.

"Yes, Lord Protector?" he said, bowing to Imego despite being three times the paladin's size.

"Deal with this... annoyance," Imego said, indicating Ragna. Rhugal nodded and turned towards the fallen Dynasmon.

"Dorudiin!" he roared. A sword appeared in his hand and he prepared to impale Ragna with it. He brought the sword down, only to have it blocked by a pair of glowing cone shaped energy blades.

"Royal Meister!" Valra cried, slicing her blades across Rhugal's wings. The Dorugoramon roared and turned towards the TigerVespamon.

"Mach Stinger Victory!" Valra yelled.

"Amulet of the Ancients!" Osiris added. Valra stabbed Rhugal through the chest with her swords, while a crystal figure appeared in front of Osiris and sent a yellow beam flying into the Dorugoramon. Rhugal still stood, burned and tattered.

"Dragon's Gust!" Ragna roared, standing and impaling Rhugal with his claws. The Dorugoramon shrieked and collapsed, falling into fragments of data as he did so.

"Thanks," Ragna said.

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Karmas stood still, panting hard. One of his axes was destroyed, he had hit a Darkdramon a little too hard. It had killed the Darkdramon almost instantly but still had destroyed his axe.

I'm getting tired thought Karmas I can't keep this up much longer.

A Coredramon slammed into the Vikemon's side and sent him into the ground. Karmas felt his body start to feel a little bit different, sort of like he was losing power. The Vikemon lifted himself up and drew his second axe.

"VIKING ACE!" he roared.

Karmas brought his axe down on the Coredramon's head, killing it instantly. He absorbed the data of the fallen digimon and fell some energy come back to him. Karmas charged through a group of Veedramon, slicing and dicing as he went. When he finally killed all of them his body was bursting with energy.

"Now this is more like it," muttered Karmas as he went for a Slayerdramon.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Ajax limped over to Arahon, who lay beaten in the center of a large crater. Ajax helped him to his feet, and Arahon groaned in pain. Imego's Giga Crusher had devastating power; it was able to put even Arahon, arguably the most powerful of the Rebellion's soldiers, out of commission. And Imego was still going strong.

"I'll be fine," Arahon urged. "I just need a minute to catch my breath. Get up there and help them out."

Ajax nodded and turned back to the battle. Imego soon proved himself more than a match for the power of Ragna's X-evolved form and Karasu's Burst Mode. For a moment it seemed that either of the rebels might have had the upper hand, but Imego was quick to reassert his dominance over the situation. Ajax realized that if they were to have any chance, he'd have to activate his Crimson Mode.

Ajax began his incantation, "I summon the heart of Witchenly, bringeth to me the holy key, that shineth bright and thus transform, through crimson light to crimson form!" Ajax thrust his right hand to the sky, and a fist-sized sphere of blazing red appeared in his palm. The sphere suddenly exploded and its light washed over Ajax.

Meanwhile, Imego was thoroughly dominating his adversaries. He dropped from the sky like a meteor and landed right on Ragna, slamming his feet onto Ragna's back and shoulders and driving Ragna into the ground. A single swing of the glowing Omni Sword ignited the air and Osiris and Valra were slashed by the fiery arc. Imego then raced through the air towards Karasu. He stopped his charge short, however, and unleashed a Hyper Prominence that spread a wide barrage of energy through the air. Karasu had no hope of dodging such a widespread blast.

"Crimson Evolution!" Ajax called out. The crimson light swirled over him. His armor became stronger and changed to a deep red hue as ten white wings emerged from his back. "Gallantmon Crimson Mode!"

He wasted no time.

Ajax launched himself into the air and flew at Imego with speeds that would have made Karasu proud. The crimson knight slammed into the white paladin tackled through the sky and up into the heavens. Ajax released Imego for but a moment before decking him with a powerful punch and sending him even further up into the sky.

Imego looked around frantically for whoever attacked him; for he still had no idea who he was fighting it had all happened so fast. He heard a rush of wind to his left, and turned just in time to catch a face-full of Ajax's fist. Imego rolled through the air from the force of the blow.

"Invincible Sword!" Ajax called out. Imego turned and raised his own weapon to block the blow, but the force of Ajax's strike sent him reeling. Imego wasn't deterred, however, and came back with a vengeance. The two Digimon battled across the very heavens themselves. The sacred Blutgang clashed with the Omni Sword in a fantastic display of swordsmanship and power.

Ajax lunged at Imego with his sword, but Imego easily blocked with his own. Then Ajax summoned the Gungnir spear into his right hand and slashed Imego across the chest. The power of the slash left a trail of energy in its wake, and Imego was stunned. Ajax made several follow-up slashes with both the Blutgang and the Gungnir before striking Imego with a flying drop-kick.

Imego retaliated, firing several Positron Laser attacks, but Ajax dodged them and struck back with his Final Justice. A bolt of power lanced from the Gungnir and struck Imego in the chest. He was sent spiraling out of the sky and plummeting towards the ground.

Ajax followed close behind. Imego caught himself before he hit the ground by spreading his wings to slow his fall. He raced over the ground, weaving between the fighting armies with Ajax right on his tail.

He suddenly spun around and let loose a Giga Crusher, but Ajax was too far away and the attack moved to slowly. The crimson knight dodged over the attack and brought both weapons down hard. Imego blocked the holy weapons with the Omni Sword, but the energy unleashed from the collision spread out over the battlefield and knocked warriors from both sides off their feet.

"Omni Sword," Imego snarled. He slashed his sword against Ajax's weapons, and the energy exploded into Ajax's face. He was thrown backwards and his weapons were knocked from his hands. When he looked back, he found himself staring down the barrel of Imego's positron cannon, and he took the full force of a point-blank Giga Crusher.

Ajax was hurled through the air, and before he could even recover Imego was upon him again. He grabbed Ajax's face and slammed him into the ground. Imego dragged the crimson knight along the ground and across the battlefield.

"Crimson Light!" Ajax cried out, releasing his attack and hitting Imego from point-blank range. The blast of energy slammed into Imego and carried him back into the sky before exploding in his face.

From in the sky, Imego roared his fury. He raised the Omni Sword high as he poured his power into it. Ajax called his weapons to his hands in preparation, and began to ceaselessly pour power into them as well. Then Imego dropped from the sky like a meteor. The Omni Sword burned white-hot as he fell.

"Omni Sword!" he roared. Imego struck with all the power behind him, and Ajax swung up with all his might with his combined Invincible Sword and Final Justice. The three attacks collided and their energies exploded out over the battlefield. The resulting fireball was as bright as the sun itself, and vaporized anything in its blast radius.

To the amazement of all present, when the smoke cleared both Ajax and Imego were still standing...they were still fighting.

Ajax's weapons lay in shattered pieces within the great crater formed by the explosion, and Imego's Omni Sword was nowhere to be seen.

It was a street brawl. Ajax and Imego tore into each other with every dirty move and trick imaginable. Imego cut at Ajax with his claws while Ajax gouged at his eyes and punched his throat.

Ajax suddenly exploded forward, tackling Imego into a crowd of Dramon. The onlookers were sent flying by the force of Imego hitting the ground. Ajax stood over Imego, smashing him with punch after punch.

"Omni Sword," Imego whispered through the beating.

But Ajax paid his words little heed. He was caught up in the moment; he could already feel his imminent victory. He continued to lay into Imego driving fist, foot, and knee into the Dramon Empire's greatest champion...

=====

High in the sky, the Omni Sword continued its ascent into the heavens. The force of the explosion that resulted when it met with the Blutgang and Gungnir and ripped it from Imego's hands and catapulted it into the sky. But it suddenly ceased its flight, and began its fall back to earth, burning with white flames...

=====

Ajax continued to pound at Imego. The paladin's armor was cracked and blood dripped from his eyes and mouth. The crimson knight could feel his victory close at hand.

But it was not to be.

Using what little strength was left in him. Imego struck Ajax with a powerful right hook and knocked him back. He continued to attack, hitting Ajax several more times and sending him skidding back. Imego sprung forward, preparing to strike again. Ajax caught his left punch and prepared to deal with the right. But he wasn't prepared for what came next.

The Omni Sword fell from the sky...right into Imego's hands.

Imego slashed Ajax with the entire weight of the burning sky. The Omni sword cut deep, shattering both the power of the Crimson Mode and the X-Antibody. Ajax reverted to his MedeivalGallantmon form in a second, and Imego lashed out with a kick that crumpled his body and sent him flying across the ground.

When he landed, he didn't move.

Imego let out a roar of victory that shook the earth and sky. It was bestial; the ultimate expression of the violent draconic nature. His roar was soon joined by two thousand others as the Dramon forces echoed his call. But Imego's remained the loudest and most terrifying.

He hated to admit it, but Ajax had nearly pushed him to the brink. Had he not called the Omni Sword, he would have likely not been able to overcome the momentum Ajax had gathered in the fight. But it was over now, and he was the victor.

The Omni Sword pulsed once and Imego felt some power return to him. Imego strode over to Ajax's fallen form and raised the Omni Sword once again. He turned its point down towards Ajax, preparing for the kill.

"Stop him!" Arahon cried out…

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom, who was carefully watching the battle in high hopes, roared and tore through any adversary in an attempt to reach Imego in time. He sprinted, crushing a few Sealsdramon on the way. He set foot into the burning crater and opened his mouth.

"Blue Prominence!!" he fired his plasmatic beam at Imego.

Not caring if it hit or not, he immediatly followed up by charging in and sinking his teeth into the neck of Imego.

"I'm not letting you kill another one of my team," Strom growled, but it came out muffled.

In addition to trying to get his teeth through the small opening in the armour, he also began tearing at the flesh of Imego's tail with his left claw.

Last edited:

Hotshot

Karasu waisted no time. Ajax's speed had nearly put the poor Ravemon Burst Mode to shame, and he was NOT about to let that happen. With all the strength he had left, before Imego could so much as draw a breath, Karasu hurled himself, past Strom, once more upon the Paladin. With all the momentum he had built up, Karasu sent Imego hurtling back a step, and the Bird Mega didn't lessen his attack.

"I'll take it from here, Strom," Karasu muttered, "Imego will pay."

Imego was startled, weakened, and on the brink of defeat, but he didn't let that stop him. Karasu was upon him, tearing at the powerful Dramon's armor savagely.

"I WILL AVENGE YOUR DEATH, JIJIMON!!!"

Karasu struck again and again, using all of his speed to prevent Imego from countering. Punch after punch flew in the Paladin's face in less than a second. Karasu landed a kick in his stomach and sent the Dramon hurtling backwards.

"...This is for you, Jijimon," Karasu muttered under his breath, summoning every last ounce of energy he had left, "Raikou Issen no Tsuki!"

With that, Karasu leaped upon Imego, his right wing transforming into a sharpened blade of lightning, and, before Imego could do anything about it, Karasu stabbed him. He stabbed him hard. Really hard.

The explosion that erupted from the attack spread throughout the battlefield, so that even Rai and the Gargomon Unit felt the impact of the attack. Karasu felt every last ounce of energy being drained from his body, but then again, Imego was losing his energy too. The two Megas stood there, Karasu's wing-blade shoved into Imego's chest, right through his Digi-Core. Imego stared down at Karasu's blade. Blood spewed forth unceasingly...was it over?

"Heh. That was for Jijimon."

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Imego had been utterly unprepared for the savage attacks from both Strom and Karasu, and as they tore into him, he wondered just why they were fighting so fiercely. It wasn't their lives that were in danger, so why were they fighting so hard? Did they really care that much about one measly soldier?

The paladin rationalized this as best he could, since he could not comprehend the idea of risking it all for friends or loved ones. He realized that Ajax had served as the great equalizer: the only one who had shown any chance of matching his power.

He tried in vain to free himself from Strom's grip, when he felt Karasu slam into him. Moments later, Karasu's blade-like wing skewered through his chest.

Imego was in utter shock. He believed that his Paladin Mode made him invincible, that no other power less than that of the Sovereign themselves could humble him. He had been wrong. Together, the rebel Avengers had brought him to his knees.

Those damn Avengers.

Imego pulled himself off of Karasu's wing and he clutched the wound in his chest. He stumbled back a few feet before collapsing to his knees. He had the coherency to ask himself how he was still alive after a typically fatal injury. His answer came as the Omni Sword pulsed once more; the energies of the Sovereign's cores served to hold Imego together, but he wouldn't be able to survive another attack.

And the Dramon forces knew that.

They charged en masse, the entirety of the assembled Dramon Army and Air Force thundered into Karasu and Strom, driving them far away from their fallen champion. Daehak himself grabbed Strom by his throat, lifted him into the air and blasted him through the air with his cannons. Gotungir, UlforceVeedramon X and Grand Marshal, slashed his beam sword across Karasu's chest and landed a powerful kick that sent the Ravemon reeling.

Gotungir moved to Imego's side. "Retreat!" he called out. Daehak glared at him angrily. "Lord Protector Imego has been mortally wounded. If this battle is allowed to continue he will surely die, and the Dramon Empire will lose its greatest warrior."

Daehak relented, calling for all Dramon forces to retreat. Gotungir and a Slayerdramon lifted Imego into the air and carried him from the battle.

A rousing roar of victory went up through the ranks of the Paleozoic Sovereignty, but the rebels had other matters to attend to.

Arahon rushed to Ajax's side. After first making sure that he was still alive, Arahon checked him over for injuries, and breathed a sigh of relief. Luckily for Ajax, Imego had been much to weak to attack with the full power of the Omni Sword, and the combined power of the Crimson Mode and the underlying X-Antibody had absorbed what power Imego did attack with. As far as Arahon could tell, Ajax was just completely drained of energy and had several minor injuries. Nothing life threatening.

"Braon," he called out. The Justimon was quick to come to his side. "Stay here and help with what needs to be done for Aegyptu and the Paleozoic Sovereignty. I'll take the main force back to the islands with the Avengers." Braon nodded and picked out several assistants from the ranks of the Greymon Corps and the Gargomon Unit.

But the battle was over; it had been won. And as Arahon carried Ajax away from the battlefield, his eyes caught Aegyptu's. The great Spinomon nodded his head: a gesture of thanks and hope.

"All right, Avengers," Arahon called out. "Let's go home..."

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Ragna stood with Osiris and Valra, watching the Dramon forces steadily vanish into the distance.

"Well, we were enough," he said, putting his arm around Valra's shoulders.

"You doubted us?" Osiris said, suprised "that bleached reptile was shaking in his boots from the start. We're the Avengers, remember? The unit that never backs down."

"Let's go home," Valra said, smiling. Ragna kissed her, glad that his nightmare hadn't come true.

"Let's," he said, breaking the kiss. The three of them joined their comrades as they walked back to the beach...

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Karmas de-digivolved back into his Zudomon form as he walked back to the beach. He was still really sore and tired from the battle, and his energy burst had worn off. The Zudomon felt his body shudder before he de-digivolved again back into his Allomon form.

"Whoa," muttered Karmas.

He hadn't been an Allomon for years and him de-digivolving seemed slightly random.

Oh well he thought At least I didn't de-digivolve during battle.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom lay on his back, shellshocked. He stared up at the sky, his vision a blur from being blasted and his lungs gasping for air as he had been strangled. He saw a figure reach down and grab his claw to pull him up. It was Aegyptu.

The Spinomon was pulled to his feet, where he wobbly stood in front of the much larger King. "Did he get away?" Strom asked, slurrily.

Aegyptu apparently didn't hear. "Haha! Nice work, Strom. That'll teach them to mess with us!!" he said, happily.

"Thanks, my lord," Strom replied, bowing and grinning similtaneously.

"I have got to give a speech and then talk to that Rebel emmisary, but before I do, I would like to know if you would like to stay here and keep command of a battalion, Strom," Aegyptu asked, looking down on him.

Strom stalled and looked back at the Avengers, who were assembling before taking off. "As much as I would like to be home... I feel that this team I'm in has the best chance of taking out Imego and Daehak. It's nothing personal... I just..."

"Very well... But do not forget where you come from, soldier," Aegyptu said.

Strom smirked and nodded. "I haven't, my l-"

"STROM!" He was cut off by something pouncing on him and knocking him to the ground. The Spinomon saw a blur of green on him. "YOU'RE ALIVE!!" the thing said joyously.

His vision focused and he saw the shape of a DinoRexmon.

Ranney.

His eyes widened and jaw dropped. It took a few minutes to set in; Strom then let out a primal roar. "GET OFF OF ME YOU TRAITOR!!"

With all of his might, he punched Ranney in the dead center of the snout, sending him flying backwards. The attacked dinosaur cringed and tried to get up, but soon felt the crushing grip of Strom's claws around his neck.

"Strom, stop this at once!" Lord Aegyptu said, effortlessly prying Strom off of him.

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HE DID TO ME! HE BETRAYED ME TO THE DRAMONS! HOW COULD YOU DO IT, RANNEY?!" roared Strom in fury.

Ranney held his throat and gasped for breath. "I... I... I didn't have a choice. They said that they would kill my brother if I didn't hand you to them... I'm... really sorry. I didn't know what to do!" Ranney said, guiltily staring at the ground.

Aegyptu added in. "He confessed the whole thing as soon as he and his brother returned here, where he was punished." Aegyptu pointed to the numerous cuts and slash marks on his back.

"THAT'S NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT I HAD TO SUFFER! NOT QUITE AN EYE FOR AN EYE, NOW IS IT?!" Strom continued shouting in a blind rage. "I REALLY HOPE THAT NEWT OF A BROTHER WAS WORTH YOUR BEST FRIEND, RANNEY!"

Ranney brought himself to look at Strom. In a genuine, near-tearful voice, Ranney said, "I said I'm sorry... and I mean it... I can't apologize enough..."

"NO. You CAN'T apologize enough!" Strom said, turning his back and beginning to walk away.

"Strom... I thought we were friends!"

The Spinomon stopped and glanced back. "Me too, Ranney... Me too." With that, Strom stormed back to the Avengers.

--------------------------------------

Ranney kicked the ground and kept his claw on his bleeding snout as he waited for Aegyptu and Braon to stop talking. They appeared to stop talking and Ranney took this chance to speak up.

"King Aegyptu, may I have permission to speak?" he nervously asked.

"Fine, but speak quickly."

"King and... Sir," he says, bowing to both Aegyptu and Braon respectively. "May I have permission to join the Avengers?"

Braon looked at Aegyptu, who sighed. "It is fine with me," the Spinomon reluctantly said. "I can vouge that he is a very capable soldier... though it would be a shame for the Sovereignty to lose another fine one temporarily.

Braon folded his arms and nodded. "It's fine with me, but you should double check with Ajax, the team leader, first."

"Thank you," he said, kneeling before the two before running off towards the departing team.

Aegyptu glanced at Braon. "He did betray his close friend Strom before to save his brother..."

The Justimon nodded. "I know... He was in an awkward position and he has a good heart, though. I just hope Strom can figure that out."

(OOC: I'll post a sign up soon, if that's okay.)

Last edited:

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Ragna watched Strom approaching. The Spinomon seemed to have had an argument with a DinoRexmon.

"Wonder what that was about?" Osiris said.

"Well, Spinomon and DinoRexmon don't get on too well," Valra said.

"You really think that would make Strom punch the guy and try to kill him in front of Aegyptu?" Osiris asked, looking at Valra out of the corner of his eye.

"Well, no," Valra replied "but what other explaination is there?"

"I'll ask," Ragna said "if he tries to kill me, I've got a good chance of throwing him in the sea to cool off." Valra and Osiris laughed as Ragna walked over to the furious Dinosaur Digimon.

"What was that about?" he asked "trying to kill that DinoRexmon in front of Aegyptu? Bit strange."