• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Civil War (RPG Thread)

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom glanced down at Ragna and grunted. "None of yer' buisness..."

He turned away and hoped that he had left. He didn't. Strom sighed, knowing that he probably wouldn't leave until Strom answered.

"He... uhh..." The Spinomon paused. "He was my best friend... He was the guy who betrayed me to the Dramon's alright?!" he snapped.

Ragna seemed like he was about to speak, but Strom cut him off. "Yeah. I bet you think you have me all figured out now, don't you?" he angrily said, turning his head away.

Hotshot

Karasu clutched at his sore chest. He had failed. Failed in killing Imego...but...he had succeeded in so much more. First, he had helped Strom save Ajax's life. Second, his attack had nearly killed the "bleached Dramon", as Rai would call him. Third, he had reached his Burst Mode for the first time...ever.

Karasu reverted back to his original form and stood up. Just as the bird Digimon was about to leave, Rai dropped from the sky, exclaiming, "I heard you almost killed Imego! I don't believe it! I nominate YOU to help Ajax and Arahon fight that stupid bleached guy, and you almost KILL HIM?! That's not fair! Next time, you owe me a hit on him!"

Karasu chuckled. Same old Rai.

"Karasu, what are you laughing at?!" Rai thundered, stomping his feet angrily on the ground, "This isn't funny! This is serious! I can't believe you almost killed that stupid bleached Dramon! Aaaargh!!!"

With that, Karasu turned and walked away in the direction the other Avengers were taking. Rai stomped after him, fuming from head to toe.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Ajax lay on a stretcher carried away by rebel troops, but Arahon answered for him and shook his head. Ranney's request was flattering, but it wasn't something he could allow. He looked to Strom, who had stood by the Avengers since their inception/

"Sorry, Ranney," he answered. "But one can't just join the Avengers through sheer force of will. A bond exists between them; a bond forged through loss and battle...and trust. What you did to Strom, while you may have had your reasons and paid the price, works against the bonds between them. You're more than welcome to join the Rebellion, but the Avengers are another story."

Onaga and Valkur looked on and nodded in approval. Even they didn't feel the true acceptance into the Avengers' ranks that the others had. They hadn't participated in the first battle with Imego in the Dramon capital city, in fact, they had only been placed in the ranks to fill the void left by Jager and Tharor. They looked to one another and nodded; they would soon have the opportunity to earn their place on the team: Imego had defeated every opponent he faced...perhaps if they mastered their DNA Digivolution they'd offer Imego his final opponent.

"Let us return to our island stronghold," said Valkur. "The Dramon Empire will not likely attack again, not with their morale so low after Imego's defeat..."

=====

Later on, at the Rebellion's island headquarters...

His eyes opened for the first time. For the longest few moments, he didn't know what or who he was. He was simply surrounded by a white light. Then the light began to break away, and the world around him was revealed. He stood in the middle of a large metal room filled with machines. Wires ran from the machines and connected to his chest. He looked down at himself, but didn't recognize what he saw.

He was armored white, but remembered differently. He remembered golden-colored armor...or was it blue? His head hurt. He remembered differently: he remembered claws on his hands, but also remembered walking on all fours. The white-armored warrior glanced down to his hands, and found faces staring back at him. He remembered seeing the horned face on his left hand: he remembered looking through its eyes and looking at it. He remembered the wolf's face on his right hand: he remembered looking through its eyes and looking at it.

What was he? Who was he?

"Ah, you're awake," a voice said. He spun around and found a tall metal man staring at him. He immediately assessed the situation. The metal man was HiAndromon, a machine-type Digimon. He had powerful attacks, but at this range, the white-armored warrior knew he was little threat. Several other machine Digimon walked up behind the HiAndromon. They were Andromon, the warrior realized, less powerful, less perfect forms. Other Digimon emerged as well; Alphamon, EmperorGreymon, MagnaGarurumon...why? Why had they all come? What did they do to him?

He had been captured. All the white warrior remembered was fighting: he had been fighting a war...and he had died.

This machine-man must have captured him and done something to him to make him forget who he was!

"No!" the white-armored warrior cried out. He sprang forward and grabbed HiAndromon with his right wolf-headed hand and slammed him into the wall. The white warrior drew back his left arm to pound the android Digimon.

"Stop!" it was the EmperorGreymon. He leapt forward and tried to stop the white warrior, but he backhanded the EmperorGreymon and sent him flying through the air.

The white-armored warrior then turned back to HiAndromon and with but a thought, a sword emerged from the dragon-headed hand. He raised the sword to cut the android down. But the Alphamon stopped him. He held his arm at bay.

"Jager. Tharor. Please stop this now," Alphamon pleaded.

The two names opened something deep within the white-armored warrior, and flashes of memory assaulted his mind. He remembered things now. He remembered who he had been...both of them. Each memory he had belonged to two beings, and yet he knew he was neither of them.

"What did you do to me, Arahon?" he demanded quietly.

"Imego brought you two to the brink of death," Arahon answered. "We stabilized you for some time, but we could only save you by initiating a permanent DNA Digivolution."

"You did this to me? What about the others? What about Goliath and Oberon, why aren't they here?" He looked to the Avengers, hoping that his comrades were with them.

"Goliath sacrificed himself to keep Imego's warriors at bay so they could escape," Onaga answered. "We didn't see exactly what happened, but we can only assume that he was destroyed. Oberon gave his life trying to defeat Daehak and hold of the Dramon Army."

"Why did you not let me go with them?" he whispered. "Why was I allowed to live? You all distorted the rules of the Digital World!"

"We saved your lives," said Arahon. "We couldn't allow you two to die."

"I am not two!" the white-armored warrior yelled. "I am one! You didn't know the consequences your actions would have and yet you acted anyway! I am not Jager or Tharor any longer; they are but ghosts that exist at the back of my mind."

"Then who are you?"

"I am Omegamon...no, that's not right," said the warrior. "I am Omnimon. My name is Hyperion Omega."

"Welcome to the Avengers, Hyperion," said Valkur. He extended his hand. Hyperion just looked at his own hands and closed his eyes. Ajax read his concern and placed a hand on his shoulder. "You're among friends now, Hyperion."

"I don't need to have friends," the white-armored Hyperion whispered. "I just need my enemies. Point me in their direction and I'll destroy them all."

Onaga looked from Hyperion to Arahon and chuckled softly. "Well, I don't have too much of a problem with that..."

Hotshot

Rai slipped quietly away from his hiding place. He really shouldn't have eavesdropped on Arahon and the other "big-wigs", but he couldn't help it. Curse these humongous ears of his! With a quick but silent dash, Rai was outside, approaching Karasu hastily.

Karasu, as expected, was lounging around at the foot of a large tree, lazily staring up at the sky. Rai skidded to a stop beside the bird Digimon, exclaiming, "KARASU!!! GUESS WHAT?!"

Karasu sighed. "...what?"

"Tharor and Jager...aren't Tharor and Jager anymore!"

Karasu rolled his eyes sarcastically. "That makes perfect sense. What's next? Ragna's not really Ragna? Is Imego not really Imego?"

"It's TRUE!!! They've been combined into some...super-Digimon!"

Karasu turned and faced Rai, with arms crossed. "Right..."

"I'm serious!" Rai replied, "He called himself Hyper-something!"

"Uh-huh. Go on."

"...and...that's all I heard."

"...right."

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom was relieved that Ranney couldn't join the team. He felt that one traitor among the Rebels was enough.

The Spinomon walked away from Ragna, hoping that their conversation was over, as he found the subject hard to talk about. He sat over on the beach, near Karasu and Rai, overhearing their conversation.

"Combined, huh? That's a shame... I kinda liked Jager...as much as one can like a scaleless furball," Strom chuckled to himself.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Ragna and Valra sat against the very familiar rock.

"Wonder where we'll go now?" Ragna said.

"It doesn't matter," Valra replied "becuase we'll be together." Ragna regarded her words silently.

"Who knows what will happen in the next battle?" he spoke quietly, forcing the words from his mouth "one of us could be killed. We can't protect each other from everything. Not until the Three Great Dramon and Imego are dead at our feet."

"Don't think about it," Valra replied "there are some things we shouldn't think about. Not now and not ever." She embraced Ragna, forcing his body away from the firm rock.

"I love you," Ragna said "but that won't save you. Not from what we're fighting."

"But our love helped you against Ruatemn and Imego," Valra said "I know it did. That's what gave you the strength to Digivolve. Wasn't it?"

"Yes," Ragna admitted "I would slaughter fields of Dramon to keep you safe. I would fight the Three Great Dramon and Imego alone. I would tear this world apart to protect you from harm."

"Ragna," Valra said "you are a warrior. Make sure you don't become someone who revels in destruction and bloodshed. A warrior who lives for the carnage in war."

"I could never become that," Ragna said "not while you're alive to keep me sane."

Gapser nodded as he looked out onto the desolated battlefield, not a dragon in sight, they had all exploded or retreated. Yes this was a good day for the Avengers. However how long until the next disaster? After all, you can't win like this forever, that isn't natural.

Walking back into town, which, Gapsar guessed would be the best way to describe it, he saw the Allomon again.
"Look 'ere, I don't want to see you in dis town again, I was the one who voted you out of here, and my juristiction still stands."
Gapsar looked at the dinosaur in disgust, the Allomon was a high ranking member of this town, so most would folow what he would say. The Dinosaur seemed to revel in this, and point out his athourity at every waking moment.

"You know what?" Gapsar said with a strange sort of smile.
"What?" The Allomon said with a very neutral face, but, that changed when Gapsar just walked off,"Ey! Where you goin?" The Allomon roared, still wanting to know what Gapsar was going to say.
"Screw off" Gapsar calmly said, and, only turning his head around, the Master Tyrannomon smirked, and gave the pompus Allomon the Finger.

"WHY YOU!" The Allomon was in a burning rage and as Gapsar merely walked back to the place of the other Avengers.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom entered the hall where he saw Arahon Alpha and Braon conversing. The two turned to see the large digimon approaching. "What is it, Strom?"

"Commander Arahon," Strom said, bowing his head, "May I have a word with Commander Braon in private?"

Arahon nodded and stepped out. Braon folded his arms and looked at Strom. "What's up, Strom?"

"Commander... I heard that you originally allowed Ranney to join the team... Why? Don't you know what he did?"

"Yes, I know that he gave you up to the Dramons, but he was between a rock and a hard place, Strom. It's not an easy decision choosing between your brother and your best friend."

"That doesn't change what happened! He can't be trusted!" Strom retorted.

"Pretend, for a minute, that none of that happened to you. Put yourself in his scales and imagine how he must have felt after that. He even told Aegyptu what he had done, knowing full well the potential consequences. Surely that shows that he had a great deal of remorse for what happened. You said he was your best friend; he has a good heart and I'm certain he would forgive you. If you were really his friend, you'd forgive him too," Braon finished.

Strom was left without words. The Justimon gave him a pat on the shoulder before turning around to find Arahon. "Get some rest, Strom."

After a long pause and with Braon almost out of earshot, Strom called out. "Commander... You're a good friend too, Braon..."

Braon turned and nodded. "You are too, Strom. You just need to trust others a little more."

Braon went out of sight, and Strom turned around. "Trust is something that's earned..." he mumbled to himself.

With that, he walked out of the hall and back down to the beach.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
The Avengers were assembled before the leaders of the Rebellion: Apollo and Artemis. Arahon and Braon stood beside the rebel leaders as the Avengers prepared for their next mission. The sense of urgency was not altogether lost, but it had lessened in the wake of Imego's defeat. The Rebellion had the opportunity now to recover lost ground: to make contact with the smaller pockets of resistance. Now counted among the Avenger's ranks once again was Hyperion Omega, the soldier that stood in silence. Since his rebirth as Omnimon, Hyperion lacked purpose: he didn't know where he stood in the world. But now that his enemies were laid out before him, his vision was clear.

He would destroy his enemies, and all those who stood in the way of justice and peace. He embodied the most ironic of concepts: peace through total destruction.

"You're all to be commended on your efforts in defending the Paleozoic Sovereignty," said Apollo. "Gapsar and Strom, we could not have done without your actions in rallying the Sovereignty's forces. Rai, Valkur, and Onaga, you led our own forces bravely; we would not have won without you. You, Ajax, will forever have the gratitude of the Harmonious Republic for standing against the overwhelming odds of Imego's power. And last, but certainly not least, Karasu...you deserve our utmost thanks and appreciation for dealing the blow that took Imego down."

"Nevertheless," Artemis began. "There is still much work to do. The Empire's recent defeat will only buy us so much time. With the Royal Hive and the Paleozoic Sovereignty now standing with us, our forces are bolstered considerably. But we will need to unite all the kingdoms of the Digital World if we want to overcome the power of the Three Great Dramon and their armies."

"We're sending you to meet with the Leomon Tribe," said Arahon. "Their leader, a Regulumon named Boagrius, was Goliath's father. I'm confident that he will lend his tribe to our cause, especially once he learns of his son's death."

"Chances of Dramon attacking?" Onaga asked cautiously.

"Slim," said Braon. "But no one can really say how long Imego will stay down, even after that death-blow from Karasu."

"We've still got Ajax," said Valkur. "Worst comes to worst he Crimson Evolves, and the lot of us go after Imego together."

"I don't think so," said Ajax. "The fight took a lot out of me. I don't I'll be able to X-Evolve, never mind Crimson Evolve, for a while."

"Then Onaga and I will deal with Imego next time," Valkur announced.

"How?" Ajax asked.

"Leave that to us," answered Onaga.

"I'm afraid things aren't so simple," said Arahon. "While we fought Imego, I had a moment to analyze the energies of his Paladin Mode, and I came to a disturbing conclusion: the power that sustains his mode change is the power of Azulongmon himself."

"Are you sure?" Ajax asked.

"Absolutely," Arahon answered. "Imego is backed by the power of a Sovereign."

"No wonder he was able to beat me," Ajax muttered.

"Like I said," Onaga said. "Leave Imego to Valkur and I. We, too, have a legendary power within us."

"It isn't a plan I like," said Arahon. "But it'll have to do until I return."

"Where are you going?" asked Ajax.

"To find the only one who can defy the powers of the Sovereign," said Arahon.

"I don't understand."

"Imego's evolution is backed by the power of the four Sovereign," Arahon explained. "I will go to the one being whose will supersedes that of the four Sovereign...the fifth, the Infinite One...Fanglongmon."

All dropped their jaws in shock.

"Ouroboros himself," Apollo muttered.

"But no one has seen or heard from Ouroboros in eons," Artemis pointed out. "What chance do you have?"

"My mastery of the Alpha-Gain Force will allow me audience with Ouroboros," said Arahon. "I'm sure of this."

"Then we'll keep a vigil eye until your return," Ajax declared. "Avengers, let's get ready. We head out as soon as we're able to."

Hyperion merely looked on in silence. Here was a chance for him to further define who was enemy and who wasn't, to define the borders of justice and peace even more clearly...

=====

The Three Great Dramon looked on Imego's fallen and battered form in confusion. They knew what had happened; their commanders had reported that much. What the Three Great Dramon wondered was if they should step in and help Imego.

"He has certainly proved his power and usefulness to the Empire," Krateamut the Megidramon pointed out.

"Nonetheless, his appetite for power is insatiable," said Tiamut the Magnadramon. "What if he were to decide that we three were in his way?"

"What if our people learn that we were unwilling to save the life of our greatest champion?" Bahamut the Goldramon questioned. He was often the mediation voice between the other two. "How could we, the Three Great Dramon, the masters of the Dramon Empire be unwilling to save the Lord Protector Imego? If we do not, the citizens of the Empire will lose faith in us. As it is now, Imego has become a symbol that instills pride and hope in our people, and fear in our enemies. Were that symbol to die, the blow to morale would be devastating."

"Then it is decided," said Krateamut. "Imego will live."

The three mighty dragon masters began to focus their power around Imego's barely-living form. Energies lanced down from the heavens and skewered the great paladin with light infused by the distinctive power of the Three Great Dramon themselves...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
"This is going to be an uncomfortable mission- telling Goliath's father about what happened... Who's to say they won't attack us out of anger?" asked Strom aloud with a half grin.

The Spinomon noticed the digimon that used to be Jager and Tharor standing and watching silently. He decided to walk over to him. Strom approached and peered down at the new being. "Hey... Hyperion, is it? I doubt you remember me, but how are you feeling?"

Hotshot

Rai looked over at Karasu, who was blushing uncontrollably. As the others began talking amongst themselves, Rai walked up to Karasu and gave the bird Digimon a hardy slap on the back. Karasu looked over his shoulder at the Rapidmon, puzzled.

"What is it, Rai?"

"Hehehe...you look like a cardinal, you're so red!" Rai chuckled, "Hehehe...not used to that much attention, are ya, Birdie?!"

Karasu sighed. "I'm not much of a spotlight kinda guy..."

"I can tell," Rai replied, laughing as he walked away.

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Karmas walked away from the group. Hyperion was a big surprise to him, but at least their leaders were able to live, albeit in a new body. The Allomon stifled a yawn as he realized the toll that the battles were beginning to take. He had had enough sleep for months, the war was draining him of his energy.

"Well, I'm willing to sacrifice myself for this cause," he muttered to himself.

But he wasn't actually looking forward to going to the Leomon clan. Once he had known a Regulumon that had quite a bad temper, but he was sure that not every single one of them did.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Ragna looked at Hyperion with interest.

"So we have someone new on our side," he said "wait, is he new or is he still Jager and Tharor deep down?" He growled, annoyed about not being able to figure it out. Valra noticed his frustration.

"It's ok," she said.

"I just can't get used to the fact that Jager and Tharor are gone," Ragna said "but it's more the fact that they aren't gone that's getting me. They're inside Hyperion somewhere. I thought I understood, I am a DNA Digivolution myself. In fact, I've gone through it twice. Astra, the Silphymon part of me, she was a DNA as well. But still, it's just confusing. There's something wrong about Hyperion, he was formed from outside intervention without Jager and Tharor themselves wanting it. I can't imagine what he must be like inside." Valra shuddered. She couldn't imagine being a mix of two beings.

"Who's the other part of you?" she asked, eager to avoid speaking about Hyperion. The Omnimon unerved her, the way he was silent.

"Hm?" Ragna said, caught up in his thoughts "oh, my other half. He was a Devimon. Darkstar. I can barely remember where he came from."

"What about Astra?" Valra asked "she must have been two seperate parts at some point."

"Why are you asking me all of this?" Ragna asked.

"I just want to know you better," Valra replied.

"I'll tell you later," Ragna said "I can't remember this stuff right now." He walked over to Arahon.

"Good luck with Ouroboros," he said, holding out his hand. Arahon shook it.

"Good luck to you too," he said.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Hyperion regarded Strom silently for a moment. He contemplated turning around and leaving without answering his question, but Strom offered him a sense of familiarity.

"I remember you," Hyperion finally answered. "While I may no longer be Jager or Tharor, I am indeed both of them. All their thoughts and memories are my own. And yet I find myself no longer constrained by their sentiments. I am no longer bound by Tharor's passionate code of honor, nor am I as cold and brutal as Jager, yet I wish to be both honorable and brutal; passionate and cold. But I do remember you, Strom. I remember you all."

Hyperion turned and walked away. Everyone regarded him with wary eyes, as if he were the traitor Imego had spoken of; he who had spent so much time at death's door because of Imego himself. It would be like calling Goliath or Oberon the traitor.

But he had a mission, and he would see it through...

=====

His name was Boagrius Lionheart, and he was the undisputed master of the Leomon Tribe. He stood upon a high outcrop of rock looking down on the Avengers, who had come to collect his aid. Around them, the members of the Leomon Tribe stood, watching them with feral eyes. Every so often, one would growl and incite others to do so as well.

And they'd lick their lips hungrily.

"I'm tired of everyone thinking we're hostile invaders," Onaga grumbled.

"You come here girded for war and battle, and you expect us to think that there is anything but hostility in your intentions?" a SaberLeomon demanded, leaping forward. It was a fierce display, but it ultimately lacked any real threat: the Avengers were more than capable of handling ten SaberLeomon, nevermind just one. In fact, Ajax wondered if they would even be inviting Boagrius into the Rebellion if Goliath hadn't died. Boagrius only commanded around one hundred-fifty soldiers ranging from Champion-level Liamon and Leomon, to Ultimate-level GrapLeomon, LoaderLeomon, and IceLeomon, to the Mega-level SaberLeomon. His force was a small one.

But Goliath had always spoken highly of his father's leadership capabilities, even modeling his own leadership style after Boagrius's. If Boagrius was even half the leader Goliath made him out to be, then he'd be a huge asset to the Rebellion.

"Hold," Boagrius ordered, raising one hand. "These rebels are allied with my errant son, Goliath. They would not risk his ire by attacking his people, even if he did abandon us to join their war." Boagrius smirked, "How is my boy anyway?"

Ajax sighed, wondering the best way to answer Boagrius's question. The lion king hadn't heard about his son's death; that much was obvious. To break such news would take a great amount of tact and gentleness.

"He's dead," Hyperion stated.

Or it could be done with a sledgehammer.

"What?" Boagrius demanded, leaping down from the rocky outcrop. "This cannot be!" Ajax winced; this certainly wasn't how he wanted this conversation to go. "What happened?" Boagrius asked sadly and quietly.

"It's true," Ajax said. "Goliath organized a strike force to assassinate the Three Great Dramon, but a traitor sent word of our plan to Imego, and the Dramon Knights were waiting for us. In the end Goliath sacrificed himself to buy us time to escape."

"The Imperialdramon?" Boagrius wondered. "There's nothing so spectacular about his power. How did he-?"

"He's reached a whole new level of power," Valkur explained. "He's stronger than any of us, even Arahon Alpha, and Ajax's Crimson Mode. We managed to hurt him badly last time we fought, but he'll be back."

"And I will be waiting," Boagrius snarled. "You came here asking for the aid of the Leomon Tribe, and you will receive it."

"But my lord, you banished Goliath for throwing in his lot with the Rebellion," said a Liamon. "Why would you-?"

"Goliath is dead," Boagrius growled. "Perhaps if I had stood by him and joined sooner, I could have done something to prevent his death. If any of you wish to remain neutral, then so be it: I will not force you to fight this war. But I will not rest until Imego and the Three Great Dramon are dead at my feet."

"Hah!" Onaga laughed. "That's what I like to hear. Welcome to the Rebellion..."

Last edited:

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom sat down against the cliffside. "Well that went well, all things considered..." he muttered, giving a quick, curious glance to Hyperion.

The Spinomon called over to Ajax. "What are our orders now? Hightail it back to camp?"

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Ajax shrugged his shoulders, truthfully, he didn't know what they were supposed to do after bringing Boagrius into their cause. They'd never done so successfully without the Dramon Empire making an appearance.

"I guess with Imego injured, the Dramon Empire realizes that they're just as beatable as we are," Ajax muttered. "They didn't make a move against the Leomon Tribe even with us here, and they probably even knew that Boagrius was Goliath's father. Just goes to show how much progress we've been making."

"Or they're just biding their time," Onaga scowled. "Imego's injured, not dead. He'll be back with a vengeance before long."

=====

Arahon stood in the void between worlds. Using the power of the Alpha-Gain Force, he had transcended even the Realm Between Life and Death. As he rose through the levels of the universe, Arahon couldn't help but wonder how many of his line had done the same thing. How many had defied the natural laws of existence to ascend to such a reality.

The realm of Fanglongmon, the Ultimate Sovereign.

"Who is it who defies existence and dares to enter into my realm?" the great voice boomed. Arahon couldn't see Ouroboros, but he felt his presence.

"It is I, my Lord, Arahon Alpha," he replied. "Servant of the four Harmonious Sovereign and the Digital World."

"I see you and I know you, Arahon Alpha," said Ouroboros. "And I know what it is you seek here."

"Your blessing," Arahon confirmed. "A token of your power."

"A token of my own power to stand against Imego's?" Ouroboros wondered. "Or a token of my power to make yourself the strongest?"

"Neither," Arahon answered. "I seek a token of your power because Imego possesses the power of the Sovereign Azulongmon. Yours is the only power that can defy that of a Sovereign."

"My power does more that just defy that of the four Sovereign," said Ouroboros. "My power serves as a balance to theirs. The power we five wield is used to contain the twin terrors of the universe."

"I don't understand."

"Gog and Magog," Ouroboros explained. "The two primordial monsters."

"Anubis Teth-Adam spoke to me of the prophecy," said Arahon. "Who are they?"

"Who they are is unimportant," said Ouroboros. "They are the end of all things. Because the balance of power between the four Sovereign and myself has been corrupted, they are ever closer to being freed. Therefore, I shall grant you my power. Extend your hand, Arahon, and receive the will of Ouroboros, the King Dragon Ultimate War Blade. Take this sword, and become the Vanguard of Fanglongmon..."

=====

"Lord Boagrius, there's a Garurumon charging in from the north!" a Leomon shouted out.

"All forces, prepare for battle!"

"What's going on?" Onaga wondered. "What conflict exist with Garurumon?"

"Cats and dogs," Valkur whispered. "Lions and wolves."

"Hold," shouted Boagrius. "We have no real conflict with the Wolf Clan. Why has one come to our lands?"

"I've been sent by Fenris Fenrir," the Garurumon announced. "Our lands to the north have been attacked by Dramon Empire soldiers. We've managed to hold them off for some weeks, but they've redoubled their efforts recently. Lord Fenrir sent me to ask for the help of the Leomon Tribe."

"We're no longer merely the Leomon Tribe," said Boagrius. "We've joined the Rebellion."

"But we'll gladly come to your aid," said Ajax. "The Rebellion exists for all free Digimon, and for all those under the thumb of the Dramon Empire." He looked to Valkur, who nodded in return. "Lead on, and we will help you..."

Hotshot

Rai glanced over at Karasu, who, in turn, gave the Rapidmon a thumb's up. Rai nodded, and the two approached each other. Rai couldn't help but exclaim, "YEAH!! All this talking has been driving me crazy! Now we finally get some more action!"

Then he added, "...And these Leomon Tribesmen are a bit...awkward..."

As he said that, a youthful and strong LoaderLeomon gave him an angry look. Rai rolled his eyes. Like he cared....

"Don't get too cocky..." Karasu said with a sigh, folding his winged arms across his chest, "Remember, the Garurumon said that the Dramon Empire has doubled its forces on the Wolf Tribe...They'll be pretty tough."

"Hehehe...there's nothing I can't handle!!!" Rai shouted, thrusting his arm cannons into the air triumphantly.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
"Well this should be fun," Strom said with a confident grin.

He began to follow the Leomons. "And I was starting to think that a mission without a battle was possible!"

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Ragna had remained silent throughout the whole exchange. He had been tempted to speak after Hyperion had bluntly spoken, but it seemed that the Omnimon's method, while untactful, had worked without blood being spilt.

But now the Garurumon had come.

"Let's move," Ragna said to Osiris and Valra. The two joined him as he leapt into the sky. Suddenly, he stopped and dropped, landing by the Garurumon.

"Can I ask, who leads the Dramon forces?" he asked. He was pretty sure it couldn't be Imego, not after that near death experience, but Imego had already defied numerous expectations and defeated what were mostly considered unbeatable warriors.

"Ragna, we can't waste time!" Osiris called. Ragna growled. The question he was asking could determine their chances of survival. Ragna might have been confident in his ability to best most warriors, but Imego wasn't most warriors.

"Still, it might be interesting to see if Hyperion does have enough power to defeat Imego," he said.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
The Avengers were already on their way north with the Leomon Tribe and the lone Garurumon. They were quick to leave the plains and make their way into the mountains, though most of the lions didn't enjoy the freezing cold and snow (save for the IceLeomon, who couldn't be happier).

"Their leaders are a massive red Machinedramon and a flying blue dragon-knight," the Garurumon informed.

"Chaosdramon and UlforceVeedramon X," Ajax muttered. "Daehak and Gotungir."

"Well, at least no Imego," said Onaga.

"What's an Imego?" the Garurumon asked.

"An Imperialdramon," Hyperion answered. "Evolved beyond the conventional Mega level power, armored white."

"The white Imperialdramon?" Garurumon wondered. "He hasn't made any moves to attack us. He just floats there watching us fight."

"Wonder what he's doing," said Valkur.

"Waiting for us," said Ajax. "We took him down and humiliated him in front of the entire Dramon Empire. There's nothing he hates more than humiliation. But he's been weakened; he'll wait for us and then make his move."

"Then this is the time to act," Onaga declared. "Even if Ajax's Crimson Mode isn't available to us, Valkur and I should be able to stop him."

"Too many 'ifs' and 'shoulds'," said Ajax. "I don't like the uncertainty. We don't know how weakened Imego really is, and we still have to contend with Daehak and Gotungir."

"Daehak is mine," Hyperion said.

"If you insist," Ajax said. "The rest of us will head after Gotungir and Imego."

"Onaga and I will deal with Imego," said Valkur. "We can't have anyone getting in our way."

"And what if Imego is still too powerful for you to handle?" asked Ajax.

"Then by all means, please get in our way," Valkur answered. "When we DNA Digivolve we should be at least as powerful as you were in your Crimson Mode, Ajax. But as we all saw, not even that was enough to put Imego down for good, so if it looks like we're in trouble, give us a hand."

"Okay," said Ajax. "Valkur and Onaga will head after Imego. Hyperion, Strom, and Karmas will go after Daehak-"

"No," said Hyperion. "I face him alone."

"No," insisted Ajax. "You work as a team. We still don't know how powerful you are, or if your attacks will be even the slightest bit effective against Daehak." Hyperion's silence was his only answer. "The rest of us will occupy ourselves with the Dramon Empire's forces. I'll head after Gotungir, but I'll need whatever backup I can get."

"We'll be there shortly," the Garurumon shouted.

The makeshift army of Avengers and Leomon Tribesmen crested the last hill, and were stunned by the scene before them. Imego floated high in the sky: silent and unmoving. On the ground, Daehak tore through the Wolf Clan like no-one's business, and Gotungir seemed to derive great pleasure from cutting through the wolves.

There were more wolves than Ajax had thought; there were dozens of them, several times more than the Leomon Tribe. But there wasn't a single Mega level Digimon among them, and that was seriously hindering their efforts.

"Help them out!" Ajax ordered. "Take on any Mega level Dramon you can find."

"Wolf Claw!" a voice howled out. Ajax turned to see the end result of a WereGarurumon X tearing his claws through a Breakdramon.

"Wow," he muttered. "Now I've seen everything."

"It seems that my scout has brought back more than just the Leomon Tribe," the WereGarurumon X shouted out. "This is indeed a fortunate day."

"You must be Fenris Fenrir," Ajax acknowledged.

"Lord of the Wolf Clan of the North," he confirmed. "At your service."

"What do you say we remove these scaly *******s from your home?" Ajax inquired.

"Sounds good to me," Fenris Fenrir growled.

"Avengers...Assemble!"