• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Civil War

Kamotz

God of Monsters
"So, what brings you here? Did you just feel like saving Goliath here? Or did you finally get the balls to join us? We could use the extra numbers."

Ajax ignored the Blastmon and handed Goliath off to the BanchoStingmon standing nearby; Goliath growled in protest but allowed it anyway. He was in no shape to argue. The BanchoLilimon moved in quickly to help support the lion's massive weight. Ajax couldn't help but raise an eyebrow; what in the--?

"Bancho this and Bancho that," he muttered just loud enough for everyone else to hear. He glanced at Goliath, "What in the world have you been up to?"

"What can I say?" the beast man groaned, wincing with each breath against his probably-broken ribs. "I guess people just like me."

Ajax looked over his shoulder, back to where the forest still smoldered from their battle. "Sure. We can pretend," he scoffed. "This is a hell of a mess you've gotten into."

"Why are you here, Ajax?" Goliath asked, repeating the Blastmon's question. "When I asked for your help two years ago you refused - you and Ugin both. I begged you to come with me. You might have -" he stopped himself and sighed. "I - we - lost a lot of good Digimon to the Empire. But if you came just out of pity, we don't need you."

"Like hell you don't," Ajax snapped, glaring at Goliath. "You don't want me here because of some wound to your stupid pride."

"This isn't your fight, Ajax," Goliath snarled back. He pushed the two Bancho supporting him away and took one shaky step towards Ajax. "We endured this tragedy. We endured the bloodshed. We rose up and-"

"No one cares," Ajax said.

"It's our fight. We care," Goliath roared. "We see the injustice of the world under the Empire."

"Who's injustice?" Ajax demanded. "Yours? Because you're nothing more than criminals right now! The entire world sees you as bandits and marauders!"

"They're wrong!"

"You're fighting against the very laws of our world. Against the Realmpact itself!"

"Then it's wrong!" Goliath declared, and everything else fell silent. "Because injustice of this sort must be wrong."

"Or otherwise you are," Ajax countered. He glared defiantly at Goliath. His old friend likely hadn't had anyone actually challenge him before. Goliath was charismatic and forceful, but he could never be accused of thinking things through too much. "You're fighting against a machine, Goliath."

"I'm fighting against many machines, Ajax," Goliath snarled back.

"No, it's just one," Ajax said, holding up one finger. "One machine. One purpose. One goal. All Will Be One. The Empire is one enormous machine working towards one end. You can't win a war against that by going after a single Darkdramon. You're fighting against infinitely more than that."

"What do you know about fighting?" Goliath scoffed.

"I know the Empire," Ajax snapped. "I know exactly what it is."

"And I will destroy it," Goliath declared.

"How much of it?"

"All of it!"

"Every last Digimon in the Emprie?" Ajax challenged. "Every single one living in their homes and walking in the street? Every single living soul that believes they are doing nothing more than living their lives to the fullest the binding law of our world allows?"

Goliath said nothing.

"You're fighting a war of ideology and you don't even know what you really believe," Ajax spat. "And you can't fight this war over ideology against the Empire because you can't win a war of ideology against it." He shook his head. "You can't even convince me."

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Homer Suga the Dynasmon
Under Attack in a Forest in a Valley -> Unknown

Another punch to his face, but Homer only grunted before clamping his jaws over the Wargreymon's weapons. The Mega made a slight noise, surprised by the action, then attempted to shake Homer off. It would've been a comical sight if it weren't for the fact that they were fighting for their life, at least for Homer. He had been fighting several Wargreymon and a few BlackWargreymon, trying to weaken as many as he could so others could finish them off. That might seem cowardly, but he knew his lack would serve better if he weakened several instead of killing a few.

The Wargreymon was flailing wildly as well as clawing at Homer with its free arm. But Homer wasn't going to relent, he was slowly charging his Dragon's Roar twchnique into his arms to max power and he wanted it at point blank. Homer just bit bit down harder on the Dramon Killers as its owner kept trying to get the Dynasmon off.

Dragon's ROAR!

Homer closed his hands and struck the Dragon Man, letting go of his grip on him, then assaulted it with a barrage of punches all over its torso before hitting it with an uppercut to the chin. This only pushed it back, but it also badly injured it, which was enough for Homer.

He was off to pick on another Wargreymon until he heard a voice. A voice that sounded as if it was a whisper and yet very clear.

And it was ordering them to surrender or Goliath dies.

Now he remembered the voice. It was Arcades'.

Homer frantically serveyed the area, looking for Goliath and Arcades and he found them. Arcades' lance was right in the middle of the chest of a badly beaten Goliath. He felt the need to rush to the Ronin leader's aid, but something pushed him from behind.

Homer screamed in surprise as the Digimon crashed the two into the ground. Homer groaned and pushed the 'mon off of him. He was preparing to retaliate against it until he saw who it was.

"Sura!"

She was lying on her side, and so he could see the large dent on her back. He could hear her mumble, "Five against one plus one sucker punching my back... ...Cowards..."

Homer goes to her side.

"Sura, can you stand?" he says as he puts her arm over his shoulders and helps her up.

"Course I can. Just takin' a breather," she joked.

Homer looked up. Just as he feared, two Wargreymon were coming their way. Sura was obviously still gaining her bearings from the look on her face. Homer cursed this. At the speed they were going, they'd arrive here before Sura can fight well.

He was about to let go of Sura to fight the two off, until he saw Ulysses seemingly gathering Realmless. He also saw the BanchoLillimon (whose name he's forgot) go near the Crowmon he drove off a Wargreymon from. Then he remembered that Crowmon have a little trick up their rhetorical sleeves.

Homer whispered, "When I say 'now' again, let off your jet at full blast."

He heard Sura mumble something but he didn't catch it, busy keeping an eye on the skies.

The Wagreymon came closer.

He squinted his eyes.

Then the Wargreymon were about to strike.

"NOW!"

In that moment, the skies became dark, startling the Wargreymon who suddenly couldn't see. The next second, Homer held onto Sura tightly as she activated her jetpack, blindsiding the mercenaries. Homer opened his wings and angled them, guiding Sura across the battlefield. He saw the direction the Realmless were heading before the light was cut off. With his eyes adjusted enough to the darkness, he saw they were close to the Realmless. Thankfully, as Sura wasn't keeping up the boost anymore.

Homer flapped his wings, repositioning himself so that Sura was under him, before placing her on the ground. He landed himself and had Sura speed up, along with himself, to catch up with the others.

An hour passed, and Homer was supporting his sister up. Homer face was in a frown, upset in seeing his sister so badly beat, slashes and scorch marks all over her. He hopes none of them will become scars like the giant one against her torso. He looked up when he heard the Crowmon say they were reaching the end of the darkness's radius.

"Heard that?" he asked his sister, squinting his eyes.

"Egh... Yeah..."

Despite squinting them, he ended up having to close his eyes from the light. He slowly opened his eyes, allowing them to adjust. When that was finished, heard the Blastmon shout they weren't being followed and suggested that they'd rest, saying that some of them looked like they were going to collapse.

He felt Sura's weight shift and quickly let go of her. As he thought, she sat on the ground, back hunched and still breathing heavily.

Homer now wished he researched more on medical care, he didn't like seeing his sister like this.

Sura looked to him before giving a tired smile.

"Hey, calm down kuya. I'll be fine. I've been through worse, you know that."

Homer sighed and rubbed his forehead. "You're sure?" She nods with a bigger smile. Homer sighs once more.

Retracting his wings, he sits down beside her, too tired to search for an appropriate spot. He looked around, seeing the Crowmon talking with Gabrielle (hearing him introducing himself as Valerius). Homer made a mental note to thank him for the retreat before looking at the new arrival.

He was curious about the MedievalDukemon, and why Goliath seemed in to have a mixed reaction to him.

Suranuras Suga
Shoutmon DX -> OmniShoutmon
Unknown

Sura leaned back, supporting herself with left arm. She quietly whispered, Degenerate before a green light envelops her body. Her size shrinks and when it dissapears, her Shoutmon DX body is reverted back to OmniShoutmon, most of the wounds and burns still there on her body. Her body heaved as she breathed. Now that she thought about it, fighting five Wargreymon at once isn't the best idea, even if the reason she was nearly defeated thanks to one sucker punching her back.

But she didn't dwell too much on that. Not that she had a chance to anyway when she heard the new 'mon say, "Bancho this, Bancho that..."

She looked to where the voice came from and found a MedievalDukemon talking with a very injured Goliath. Apparently she wasn't the only one who had underestimated their strength. She listened to them somewhat intently. Goliath knew the variant Dukemon, calling him Ajax. It was clear that Ajax didn't like their situation, nearly getting themselves killed because Goliath wanted Arcades' head and Goliath not completely wanting Ajax's help. Although Sura thought, under all of it, he would appreciate his help.

That wasn't apparent though when the MedievalDukemon continuedthe chastise the lion. Goliath stood up, pushing away the two Bancho supporting him, in anger, retaliating that he was doing right. That what they were doing was just.

"And I will destroy it."

"How much of it?"

"All of it!"

"Every last Digimon in the Empire? Every single one living in their homes and walking in the streets? Every single living soul that believes they are doing nothing more than living their lives to the fullest the binding law of our world allows?"

The leader of the Ronin stayed silent.

Sura faintly heard growling and turned to see her brother, seemingly trying to reign over his anger. She figured his anger at Goliath for thinking of destroying his home. Sura wasn't quite attached to their home as he was, so she didn't mind fighting the Empire. But she was a little upset about that also. Killing everyone? She guessed he didn't mean the citizens from his silence though. But apparently Homer's emotions couldn't tell the difference as he stood up, told Sura he'll be nearby, and walked off, stance stiff and fists curled.

Sura turned back to the conversation. The knight saying this war cannot he won because they don't even know what they're fighting for. This made her scowl. She admits that she doesn't have a specific goal in mind, but her brother does, and so she'll help him for as long as she can. Her expression changed to a questioning one. She figured she'd say thus even if the dragon man won't reply.

"Then why're you here? To change our minds?"

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Gabrielle couldn't believe that they had retreated. A part of her had almost wanted to just stay behind and keep fighting, but her common sense did eventually prevail. So she had begrudgingly gone along with the rest of the Realmless. She didn't know how long she had been travelling, but every step made her think that it was should have been her last, that she should have stayed behind and fought. While Gabrielle had managed to successfully leave the Eternal Legion, her programming still hadn't completely been overwritten, it was a constant struggle.

Curse you mother! She often blamed her mother for her problems, after all it was her upbringing that had caused her such grief. Gabrielle knew that there was nothing rational about it, but having a scapegoat helped her deal with it at times.

Gabrielle was so wrapped up in her head that at first she didn't even notice the Crowman walking, well hopping, over to her.

"Hello," the bird said to her, Gabrielle noting his polite tone of voice. "Gabrielle, correct? I don't know if we've been properly introduced - I'm Valerius Evensong. From the Astral Order. ...Are you from the Eternal Legion? Pardon me for saying so, but it must have taken some courage to join this group..."

Internally she laughed. "It had very little to do with courage," she said, her voice flat and her face expressionless. "I merely realised that the being a part of the Realmless is what I needed to do, it was quite logical." Gabrielle didn't like lying, but she didn't know this Valerius and some things could wait until trust had properly been established.

"What circumstances did you find yourself in that made you join the Realmless?" she asked, trying to be polite.

-

"So old man, why are you still trying to fight. Surely your bones would be nearly dust by now?" asked Namine, lying down on Gaius' head.

Now back as her MarineAngemon form, Namine had been quick to track down Gaius. There was just something extra enjoyable about making fun of him, maybe it was his crotchetiness? Whatever it was, Namine liked it.

"At least I was trying to fight," he said, swatting her off his head with his staff. "Unlike you, there's a reason that women shouldn't be on the battle field. Always flirting and distracting the men from fighting."

Namine rolled her eyes, "Hmm, so not only are you old, you're apparently blind. Did you completely ignore how I was kicking arse and that the Zudomon was trying to flirt with me?"

She let out an exasperated sigh and landed on the head of Gaius' staff. As far as she could tell Gaius was incredibly set in his ways, probably a relic of how he had apparently been living by himself for such a long time. She watched him as he sat himself down, the Jijimon had to keep a good grip on his staff so he could balance himself as he very awkwardly and stiffly tried to sit down to rest.

Gaius didn't want to admit, especially not to someone like Namine, but just that single fight had managed to take a lot out of him. It had been a fair while since Gaius had had to properly fight and his body definitely wasn't used it. Eh, it would only take a little bit of practise for him to get back into it, he just needed to ease himself back into it. And there was no way that he was going to let some young upstart like Namine be better at fighting than he was!

Solsabre

The Reforged Soul
The torrent of fire swept overtop of Sawyer and engulfing the Darkdramon enemy standing above him. From amidst his murky panicked mind, an instinctive impulse cut through his paralysis momentarily, prompting the Garbagemon to scurry away with his garbage cart.

Sawyer darted into the first clear path available. Racing through the charred forest, a blanket of darkness covered his route, drawing a cry of surprise from the Garbagemon. Stunned, Sawyer floundered through the underbrush and getting his wheels caught on roots as he couldn’t see his path. He got firmly stuck moments later, until a pair of small hands grabbed the back end of his cart and effortlessly raised it up from where it was caught.

“Follow the bells to the edge of the darkness,” the Bancholillimon said, before flying off to help the other ronin. Sawyer noded numbly unseen in the pitch darkness. Time ran on in what seemed like an eternity, until finally he stumbled out into the disorientedly. His cart sputtered to a stop with a dying whine and Sawyer sagged exhausted into the bottom of his can.

The Garbagemon was initially oblivious to the growing argument between Goliath and Ajax, until the two of them were shouting back and forth at one another. His usual composure to avoid attention snap as the heated argument spiral to a point. He didn’t register the comments from any other Ronin at the moment as he approached the disagreeing pair. Sawyer’s widen eyes flickered rapidly back and forth between the MedievalGallantmon and the Bancholeomon before piping in his two cents.

“Yea, what Big Red said or somethin’, what the slag, smeltin’ hell are we fighting for, Lion-O? This ain’t no crusading rebel group.” Sawyer blurted loudly, banging his garbage can for emphasis and getting carried away in his rant. “It’sa ‘drasil-forsaken suicide squad! The Empire’s killing machine, Sabboth, is breathin’ down our necks for cryin’ out loud and trust me, they got way more than him at their disposal. It’s no wonder ya got your first group of so called ‘realmless’ killed.”

His voice cracked with a hysterical edge. The terror-induced adrenaline continued to pump through his veins driving him to gestured wildly. He was out of his league. He didn’t belong here. He wasn’t a fighter. He couldn’t go back to his quiet scrapyard. He was now wanted by the Empire.

His tumbling thoughts screeched to a stop after a sudden realization.

“Waita minute...Finn- I mean Titus, where is he? Has anyone seen him?” Sawyer whipped his head around frantically, his hysterical rant at the Ronin leader forgotten with the horrible realization he hadn’t spotted his Saviorhuckmon friend among the retreating ronins yet.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Metal Empire
The Capital City of Argentum
The Imperial Palace

Arcades Sabboth walked through the great hall. He'd been summoned back from the field after his humiliating defeat at the hands of the separatists. He thought he'd prepared for every eventuality; that his angles were covered. He'd even gone and hired mercenaries to provide reinforcements that the separatists couldn't have been prepared for.

Then how had it gone so wrong?

The BanchoLeomon - what was his name? Goliath? - had allies again. Followers. Even after that last slaughter more and more continued to flock to his cause. Dissension. The Emperor did not tolerate it.

Nor did he tolerate failure.

Sabboth stood before the massive steel. A light shone down upon him, scanning him and confirming his identity. The doors slid open to reveal the majesty of the imperial throne room. It was a massive, domed structure formed of perfectly-smooth metal hexagonal plates, shimmering silver-blue. Rising from the center of the room was the Adamantine Throne itself; a column formed from a twisting lattice-work of chrome upon which the throne stood. The lattice continued above the column, coiling around a blinding sphere of light. Adamantine itself. The Awakener.

Seated upon the throne was the Emperor himself.

Sabboth strode into the room. He was the last of the five Commanders to arrive. It didn't bode well for him. The other four were already standing at attention, arrogantly eyeing him as he entered. Nicol Bolas: Chaosdramon, commander of the Crack Team. Palladia Mors: HiAndromon, commander of the regular Imperial Military. Vaevictus Asmadi: RustTyranomon, commander of the Ravagers. Ral Zarek: Justimon, commander of Justice Corps.

"Hail his Imperial Majesty: Ninety-Ninth Adamantine Emperor of the Metal Empire," said Mors, standing at attention before the throne. Little pissant. "Hail the Awakener. Hail the Unbreakable. Emperor Chromium Rhuell."

"HAIL!" the others said. Sabboth joined in their salute. One arm crossed over their chests as they kneeled and bowed in reverence.

There was a moment of heavy silence and stillness as the Emperor did nothing. Then he stood, and though Sabboth dared not shift his gaze from the shimmering floor he could hear the Emperor; the echoing sound of His Majesty's movements were unmistakable in that quiet moment.

"Rise," said the Emperor. And it was so glorious a sound. Shining, clear, and bright. It reverberated through the throne room - and through them - like the toll of a heavy bell.

Sabboth found himself on his feet, eyes cast up to the glory of the Emperor. He couldn't even remember standing. One moment he was kneeling - groveling - and an instant later he was standing straight up at attention. At the top of the throne-column stood the Emperor in all his glory. A shining beacon of golden light in a brilliant room of cobalt silver.

He strode to the edge of the platform and without missing a beat, stepped off. But he didn't drop through the air; he stepped down, and a chrome hexagon manifested beneath his feet. He continued, stepping down the entire height of the pillar without pause or change. And without a word the very world itself bowed to accommodate him.

"What news do you bring of the insurgency?" the Emperor asked, and Sabboth could feel His Majesty's eyes. It was formality, of course, the Emperor already knew the outcome. Everyone did.

"We tracked them to the mountains where our territory borders the Conclave and the Unbowed," Sabboth said. He did his best to disguise his voice, modulate it to normal speaking styles. Emperor Rhuell had made it clear more than once that he disliked hearing his natural rasping hiss. "We thought we had them cornered. But they introduced some...unexpected elements, and they were able to escape."

"And yet you trusted our operations to hired mercenaries with no concept of our precise operations and tactics," the Emperor said. It was not a question or an accusation. Just a fact.

"We've used Balefire Squadron in the past, Sir," Sabboth said, finally modulating his voice to a level he knew the Emperor wouldn't dislike. "They're efficient."

"Clearly," scoffed Palladia Mors.

Sabboth dared not retort in front of the Emperor.

"You trusted our operations to barbarians and you're surprised that you failed," said the Emperor. He stepped towards Sabboth, towering over him. "What are the three things I have no patience for, Arcades Sabboth?"

"Dissension, insurgency, and failure," Sabboth said without a moment's hesitation. He knew. It had been drilled into him from the moment he was born.

"And yet your operation has provided me with all three," the Emperor said.

"My Emperor, allow me another chance. Permit me to follow them and rid you of their existence once and for all," Sabboth stepped forward and bowed. "I will begin immediately. I will track them--"

"No." The Emperor's word shook the throne room with its brilliance, and Sabboth found himself unable to even speak. "They will seek refuge with the Conclave."

"Your Majesty, their leader is an Unbowed," Mors protested. "Wouldn't they--"

"He has severed ties with the Clans," the Emperor said. "And of all the Realms the Conclave is most likely to offer sanctuary. Or do you disagree, Palladia Mors?"

"Of course not, Majesty," the HiAndromon bowed and backed down.

"Nicol Bolas, you will oversee their elimination," the Emperor turned to the massive Chaosdramon. The massive red dragon bowed and growled his acknowledgment. "You will purge these separatists any who shelter them."

=====

"Then why're you here? To change our minds?"

"I'm here to make sure Goliath doesn't die," Ajax snapped back. He glared at the OmniShoutmon from the corner of his eye. "Because like it or not, he's the only friend I have and I'll be damned if he goes and gets himself killed while I'm around."

"I don't need your help," Goliath snarled.

"How many of your ribs are broken?" Ajax quipped angrily. "You do need my help, if only because no one else here knows how to argue with your stubborn ass." Goliath tried to retort, but pain wracked his body and he collapsed to his knees. Emmara and Ulysses were at his side in an instant.

"Many are injured." It was the cold, metallic voice of Jaeger that cut through the angry bravado. "We could continue this discussion elsewhere."

"Maybe when Goliath isn't holding his insides together through sheer stubbornness!" Surrak laughed. No one joined him, and he shook his head in frustration.

"Conclave," Goliath hissed, holding his arms tightly against his chest. "Their healers. Emmara. You can--"

"Yeah. Say no more," said the BanchoLilimon. She turned to the rest of the group. "We'll make for the Conclave haven of Setessa. It's right outside Edenia but not too close that any Empire envoys will spot us. My...uh...sister should be willing to takes us in."

Nika was probably the second to escape to burst through the darkness and into the light, Glimmer on her heels. She wasn’t particularly surprised - her fear combined with her speed would make her one of the best at retreating. In actuality, she might have actually been the first, but having to assist a heavily injured Titus slowed her down, not that she would phrase it like that. Of course, the adrenaline of it all pretty much gave her the strength to carry him with less trouble than she would normally have. Still, she was glad when they were finally able to slow down, Glimmer staying up in the air as her lookout, as per always.

She turned to the SaviorHuckmon, whom she had her arm around in support. He saved her life - there was no denying that. She had been frozen when the WarGreymon turned to her, obviously angered by the multiple bolts she shot to his back. At that range, she would have been able to aim for his head and neck and ended it instantly, but the panic in her body made her aim far too unsteady.

I wish I wasn’t so scared,’ she thought to herself with a grimace. ‘I might just be dragging everyone down like this.

She let out a small sigh and shook her head. She really should stop thinking like that. So instead, she opened her mouth. “Um…thank you,” she told Titus. “You really saved me back there,” she told him, giving him a small smile.

Nika then looked as voices rose nearby. She could hear their leader and someone she didn’t recognize shouting. The words they spoke brought some of her own ideas to mind, but she didn’t feel like she had the right to say anything to anyone, seeing as she did so little during their battle. She did, however, notice a certain Garbagemon start to talk and look around wildly. If she remembered correctly, he and Titus were initially together when they joined the group.

“I think your friend is looking for you,” she said, raising an arm to wave over to the Garbagemon.

-​

When Jasper had called his attention to their new company, he was at first ecstatic. He knew that Goliath had strong friends, and he was excited to meet one of them. And then the argument started. And when the Mamemon heard the insults directed towards the BanchouLeomon, he became livid. He wanted nothing better than to go over and knock the MedievalGallatnmon a new shiner, helmet or no.

“Why I oughta-“ he started to say just as he began to stalk towards the group. After the second step, he felt himself walking on air. “What the!?” he griped, looking down and realizing that a rather large hand was holding him up like a bowling ball, and there was only one person he knew that liked to do that on a regular basis.

“Jasper, you let me go right now!” he demanded, starting to flail his arms and legs. “I have to go teach that conceited, naïve bastard a lesson!”

“Trust me, Demo, he’s not worth the effort,” he told the metallic ball Digimon, knowing that he wouldn’t go as far as to Smiley Bomb his hand in order to escape, although he had seen the Mamemon do it to many other larger Digimon that tried to do the same to him. “Besides, getting into another fight here isn’t going to do anyone good in everyone’s current state.”

“But he insulted-“ Demo started to say, but then Jasper threw him a look. It wasn’t that Demo didn’t understand, but the fact that Ajax insulted Goliath didn’t mean only that, but that he was also grinding his foot on the reason why most of their allies - some of Demo’s friends - died. But he knew that when Jasper wanted him to do something, he wasn’t going to let go until he promised that he would. “Argh, fine! But can you let me go!?”

“Better safe than sorry.”

Demo let out another agitated yell.

-​

Tor looked on as Pelagius floated off in front of him. “Oh, come on, Pelly, that’s just how I am!” he started, trying to follow, only for the MegaSeadramon to rise up slowly in the air in emphasis. “Don’t be like that! I’m sorry?” he tried saying, only to be met with silence. The Zudomon sighed.

“Geeze,” Tor started, rubbing the back of his head. “I really should learn to listen to my dad when he says that there’s a time and place for everything,” he spoke, shaking his head and kicking the dirt under him. Was it fault he wanted to make a good first impression?

After a moment of silence, Tor decided that it probably was, and that he should have a picked a better time to turn on his flirting mode. Most of the times, he couldn’t help it, but a battlefield probably wasn’t the best place to try and score, no matter how hot or cute the other Digimon was. He let out a small grin - he had to admit though, that he probably wouldn’t have seen that side of the MarinAngemon if they met on normal terms.

And speaking of which, he saw her, once again with the Jijimon. He raised a brow and wondered if they were close friends. He was pretty sure that they couldn’t have been in the same realm, though. There were never any Jijimon back at home, and MarinAngemons were pretty common in the Blue Coalition. He might as well find out. And maybe apologize, too.

He walked over, raising a bulky arm to get their attention. “Hey!” he called out. “Hello there, miss beautiful!” Well, that couldn’t be helped. The Zudomon turned and gave the Gaius a smile as well. “And a good afternoon to you as well, honored elder,” he said, putting a fist in his palm horizontally and bowing slightly, greeting him as if he were one of the elders of his home tribe.

Tor turned and gave Namine a small and sheepish grin. “Before you say anything, I wanted to apologize for how I acted there,” he said, rubbing the back of his neck. “It really wasn’t the right time, but I sincerely wanted to make a good first impression, although I’m quite positive that backfired on me.”

He then folded his arms and appraised the two. “However, I do have to say that I’m quite astonished to see how well you two fight. I don’t mean any offense, of course, but I was merely observing that even among veteran fighters, both of you carry yourselves well in battle,” he praised them, managing to keep a sincere tone in his voice, and probably not at all sounding like a muscle-bound idiot that he visually seemed to be.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Suranuras Suga the OmniShoutmon
Unknown

"I'm here to make sure Goliath doesn't die," he snapped, glaring at her at the corner of his eyes. "Because like it or not, he's the only friend I have and I'll be dambed if he goes and gets himself killed while I'm around."

Internally, Sura chuckled at his words. Outside, she only gave a very faint smile that hinted her amusement. His last words reminded her of herself, so he spared him her thoughts of his glare and anger and usual sarcastic and her own angered reaction. After all, Homer and Fridge acted like that much whenever she did something reckless thay nearly got her killed. Sura frowned.

Fridge...

She turned around, away from the two bickering friends. She scanned the area to see where Homer was. It seemed he was still trying to calm himself. He was near a tree, arms by his sides and head downcast, his back against her. As tempted as she was to go comfort him, he needed his time alone. She knew that very well. Fridge, if he couldn't get through to her, would leave her with a few words before letting her think it over.

Sura sighed. As best as she could, she looked at her collar and placed a hand over it. She remembered how they first met. She was walking around, with no purpose at all, and then literally bumped into him. At first, she didn't really like how she reacted tp bumping into her. She expected him to be angry from bumping into her, especially someone who is a fellow "dragon", but instead, he was very courteous. That same courtesy led to her finding out he worked with his friends in the D-Brigade, to protect the Empire from extremists and terrorists.

... Heh... And now I'm working with the very Digimon I fought so hard against... How ironic...

A laugh was let out. Sura blinked, confused. Why would someone be laughing? She turned back to the quarrelling commamders and saw Surrak shook his head, probably finding it awkward that no one laughed with him at something he found funny. Must've been something I didn't hear. Then Jaeger, for the first time since the beginning of the fight, spoke, reminding the Realmless leader and MedievalDukemon of their group's status. Ajax quickly suggested the Conclave, to which the BanchoLillimon said she can work out.

Sura smiled. They'll be getting medical help soon. Turning her attention back to herself, she looked herself over, assessing her status. She felt fine, at least good enough to walk. The majority of her injuries were still there and the dull ache on her back meant it was still dent, but the minor wounds healing up nicely. She put that to the test by standing up. She wobbled somewhat but realligned herself.

"Heh... Guess I was hit harder than I thought..."

She might need Homer to keep an eye on her more often. She didn't want to end up like after every fight. A moment of silence, and then she quietly chuckled.

"Yeah, I know Fridge. You're keeping an eye on me too," she said, an amused smile on her face.

That quickly changed into one of confusion, upon hearing an agitated yell. She turned around to find a familiar metal ball being held up-side-down by a very familiar Blastmon. She held back most of her laughter, the rest coming off as a chortle.The Mamemon, Demo, she remembered, was one of the Bancho and he was steamed that Ajax insulted his idol. Sura looked to the Blastmon briefly before walking close to the two and looked to Demo.

"Hey, you do know that if that guy didn't show up, your idol wouldn't be throwing back insults, right? Besides, friends sometimes throw the most insults at each other. Heh, I should know. I agrued with my best friends plenty of times."

She looked back at the Blastmon, Jasper (she made note of the names of every Digimon she wants a duel sometime in the future).

"That reminds me, you two friends or just on the same side?"

---

Homer Suga the Dynasmon
Unknown

Homer sighed. He was confused. Why now, after years, did his emotions become difficult to reign in? Especially his anger. He knows his emotions can fuel his actions beyond his actual energy reserves, but getting angry over Goliath merely saying his opinion? Or rather, his plans? He was glad that the lion was silenced when the MedievalDukemon reminded him of the populace's innocence, their ignorance. He looked to the distance, in the general direction of the Empire.

At first, he thought joining the Realmless would help his people open their eyes. Open their eyes to what their leaders were doing. But now...now he's not so sure. His mind was clouded with emotion and only now, especially thanks to Ajax, that the world views them as rejects...extremists...terrorists... Worse still, his former work as an obedience program instructor has left him inexperienced in warfare. He knew how to fight, otherwise he wouldn't be in his Mega form, but he wasn't skilled like his sister. He felt he was more of a burden than anything.

He heard a faint whoosh of wind and turned to find a MegaSeadramon heading off to somewhere. It took him a moment to remember his name was Pelagius. He didn't see him much during the fight. He looked about as exhausted as Sura. Then he remembered something: he was a Dramon. Homer blinked.

Was he really in the battle? He doesn't have any obvious injuries...

He continued to observe the serpent.

Then again... He might be in worse shape than he actually is...

He approached the Digimon and asked with a much courtesy as possible with a hint of concern, "Are you all right? You look...fine for a Dramon who survived a fight against Wargreymon..."

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Valerius tucked his black wings into his sides as Gabrielle responded to him.

"It had very little to do with courage," she said, her voice flat and her face expressionless. "I merely realised that the being a part of the Realmless is what I needed to do, it was quite logical."

"What circumstances did you find yourself in that made you join the Realmless?" she asked, trying to be polite.

The Crowmon smiled ironically. "There's nothing logical about my being here," he responded. "My closest friend joined the Realmless and likely died during that battle that Goliath and his friends survived. He's one of the people that that MedievalGallantmon is insulting..."

Valerius sighed and shook his head. "Though I suppose I can't begrudge him too much," he explained, looking over at the Digimon in question. "The things he's saying to Goliath are the very same things that I tried to say to Tobias. I should have tried harder to stop him..."

Vale grew embarrassed when he realized that he was vocalizing his internal monologue to a stranger. "I'm sorry," he told her. "I don't mean to burden you with this. I suppose my wounds are still rather fresh... I sometimes wonder what I'm doing here."

His keen ears picked up that they were headed to the Verdant Conclave next. He remembered that Toby was from there. The crow released a sigh. Well, he had might as well continue on.

He looked around when he heard the Garbagemon (whose name escapes him) kicking up a fuss. Apparently he was looking for his SaviourHuckmon friend? Valerius looked around the area, his honed eyes darting around. He hoped that they didn't lose him in his Feather Black move...

-

Pelagius floated through the air away from Tor. He heard the Zudomon calling out to him, but he didn't respond. He wasn't angry, just frustrated. He was more frustrated at himself than anybody else. As he continued to feel the comedown from his adrenaline high, he just wanted to be alone for a little. Bruising aside, it was mostly his nerves and self-confidence that had been damaged during that first battle.

However, it wasn't long until he heard footsteps nearing him. At first, he though it was Tor again, but it turned out to be Homer the Dynasmon.

"Are you all right? You look...fine for a Dramon who survived a fight against Wargreymon..." the Dynasmon asked him.

Pelagius turned and looked at him. "What fight?" he asked him rhetorically. "I spent most of the time running away in an attempt not to get skewered."

The MegaSeadramon released a shaky breath. "Sorry. I'm still a bit nervous. That was my first battle," he explained. "I should have digivolved to MetalSeadramon, but I guess I panicked. It probably wouldn't have made much of a different with those mercenaries around."

He observed the Dynasmon. "So... I guess you and your, uh, sister are from the Dragon Hordes?" he curiously questioned.

-

Jasper looked at the MetalMamemon in his hand and heard his complaints.

"I get it, Demo. I'd love to deck him too," he told the small Digimon understandingly. "Normally, I'd let you, but I don't think Goliath or anybody else needs another fight right now."

Jasper turned when he heard a female voice nearby. The Blastmon saw Sura the OmegaShoutmon walking over to them.

"Hey, you do know that if that guy didn't show up, your idol wouldn't be throwing back insults, right? Besides, friends sometimes throw the most insults at each other. Heh, I should know. I agrued with my best friends plenty of times."

She looked back at Jasper.

"That reminds me, you two friends or just on the same side?"

He dropped Demo to the ground. "First of all, I don't believe that 'friend' garbage. I think that Ajax guy just wanted to come here to tell us off and feel a smug sense of superiority," he stated, uncaring who heard him. "I know his type."

Jasper then looked down at Demo and then back up at Sura. "Friends? Demo's my follower, so, sort of?" he responded.

At this statement, Demo angrily (and ineffectually) began to kick Jasper's shins, "I am not your follower!" he complained.

Jasper rolled his eyes and folded his arms. "Whatever you say, Demo. 'Comrade in arms', then," he dismissively said. He then looked at Sura. "And what about you and that Dynasmon? Are you two an item or something?"

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Homer Suga the Dynasmon
Unknown

Pelagius turned and looked at him. "What fight?" he asked him rhetorically. "I spent most of the time running away in an attempt not to get skewered."

Homer took a step back, not expecting him to snap like that nor his answer, even if it explained the serpent's condition. His thoughts weren't allowed to rationalize it as he waa interrupted when the MegaSeadramon released a shaky breath.

"Sorry. I'm still a bit nervous. That was my first battle," he explained. "I should have digivolved to MetalSeadramon, but I guess I panicked. It probably wouldn't have made much of a different with those mercenaries around."

Homer listened intently. He was glad that the reason he snapped earlier was from self frustration. His sister might've reprimended the Mega Digimon for his actions, but he was grateful that he wasn't the only one facing the feeling of being more of a burden than anything else. But he won't stand for anyone else feel like a burden.

"Well, you're not alone then. I've sparred before, but I didn't do any large scale fights, unlike my sister. So don't feel too bad."

He noticed Pelagius was observing him. "So... I guess you and your, uh, sister are from the Dragon Hordes?" he curiously questioned.

Homer merely stared at him. He briefly glanced at his sister. He hadn't thought about it until now, the fact that he has become drastically different from his birth form, coincidently a form that would lead others to think of them being related by blood. He looked back at the MegaSeadramon, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head.

"Actually...we're...from the Metal Empire..." he said, quickly uttering the last few words.

He hoped the MegaSeadramon wouldn't dismiss him because of his origins.

"Before you say anything, I can explain... ...If you wish for me to do so, that is..."

Unknown

Jasper dropped Demo to the ground. "First of all, I don't believe that 'friend' garbage. I think that Ajax guy just wanted to come here to tell us off and feel a smug sense of superiority," he stated, uncaring who heard him. "I know his type."

Sura just chuckled, remembering her thoughts on Fridge and Driffun were exactly the same, mostly for the latter. She shrugged before she said, still smiling, "If you say so."

Jasper looked down at Demo and then back up at Sura. "Friends? Demo's my follower, so, sort of?" he responded. Sura raised her brow. Follower? Seems like someone's got a big ego.

At this statement, the little Mamemon angrily (and ineffectually) began to kick Jasper's shins, "I am not your follower!" he complained.

She couldn't hold back the chuckle from Demo's reaction.

Jasper rolled his eyes and folded his arms. "Whatever you say, Demo. 'Comrade in arms', then," he dismissively said. He then looked at Sura. "And what about you and that Dynasmon? Are you two an item or something?"

Sura stopped herself from nearly falling. She focused back on Jasper. Her mouth slightly agape, punctuating her expression of disbelief. Did he really just say that? she thought. She straightened herself up and cleared her throat.

"First off--" she points to her collar. "--I'm a widow, so I'm as sure as all that is nasty that I'm not gonna be 'into' somebody again." She put her hand back at her side. "And two, he's my brother." She mumbled to herself, "Well, adoptive brother..." then raised her voice back to normal. "So, in short, no. Just..." She shuddered. "No"

She rubbed the back of her neck, trying to get the digusting thoughts out of her mind. She couldn't believe it.

"I take it there aren't many Realmless who're siblings here, are there?"

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Emmara led the Ronin through the dense underbrush of Conclave territory. She wasn't altogether surprised that Goliath had chosen to seek aid from the Conclave over the Unbowed Clans. From a purely logical standpoint it made more sense: the Conclave had better healers and were better equipped to treat their injuries. The Conclave had centralized cities and dwellings; places where the Realmless knew they could find assistance. The Unbowed Clans were wild and almost nomadic; their leaders were gruff and unsympathetic. They lived by tooth and claw; and the injuries of strangers meant little to them.

Goliath's injuries would mean even less, especially if the Ronin came across his brother's Clan. There was no love lost between them. And Emmara knew Goliath suspected his brother of betraying them to the Empire.

So the Verdant Conclave it was.

After their heated outbursts, Ajax and Goliath seemed eager to avoid one another. Ulysses helped Goliath limp along while Ajax lingered at the back of the group, he continued checking over their shoulders intermittently for signs of enemy attack, but Emmara suspected it was more from frustration and embarrassment than concern for safety. This was Ajax after all. Probably Goliath's closest and oldest friend. And if what Ajax said about Goliath being his only friend was true then it probably wasn't easy for him to talk to Goliath like that...especially after knowing what had happened.

Emmara was good at reading people.

==\==/==

"You're Horde, aren't you?" it was Surrak, who'd dropped back through the column and slowed to walk beside Ajax. Ajax nodded. Surrak smirked smugly. "Knew it. Saw the way you fight. Like a dragon. Not like one of those Legion daisies."

One could hardly call the Legion "daisies." There was order and unflinching belief in each of their strike. Each Legion champion was probably among the most powerful singular fighters in the entire Digital World. Despite himself, Ajax chuckled. They were a bit...restricted. Certainly lacking the perfect draconic fury he and the WarGreymon aspired to.

"Though you and the cat have some similarities," Surrak continued. And Ajax's laugh died in his throat. "What Horde are you from?"

"Before I was realmless?" Surrak nodded. "Wyvern. And yourself?"

"I am Surrak the Dragonclaw, of Tharor," Surrak answered proudly.

"The Roar," Ajax muttered, using his Horde's name for it. The Dragon's Roar. "It explains your tenacity, at least."

"We should fight some time," Surrak said. Such a simple statement, as if he was describing the sky, or the weather. And, Ajax supposed, for a Tharor it probably was.

"Why's that?" Ajax tested.

"What else is there?" Surrak answered. Ajax could hear the smirk in his voice. "It's who we are."

"Maybe when they're not dying all over themselves," Ajax motioned to the rest of the Ronin. "Don't really have the luxury of ankam in a time like this."

"Fair enough. But let's not wait too long, eh? It's been a long time since I crushed a Wyvern," the Dragonclaw teased.

Solsabre

The Reforged Soul
Somethings never change. The thought raced through the back of Sawyer’s mind as his initial panicked rant went unheard by the other ronins. Probably for the best, as he blathered out more than he had intended. However, that train of thought was superceded by his need to locate the Saviorhuckmon.

Sawyer crawled out from his can, unhampered by the slimy residue along the rim, and scampered among the clearing as quickly as
his short pale legs would carry him. The various ronins begun grouping themselves apart, exchanging conversation. He awkwardly skirted away from many of the larger ronin, too intiminated to ask them directly for help.

The garbagemon grew increasingly worried with each passing minute, when he couldn't locate Titus. Sawyer glanced over his shoulder to see a Valkriemon waving to gain his attention. His eyes widened at the state of the injured Saviorhuckmon leaning heavily on the other digimon.

"Finn!" Sawyer exclaimed loudly, rushing to close the distance between them.

Hellfire. The jarring, fiery pain lancing through his injured shoulder. Titus held his eyes tight in concentration to control his breathing. It was the most he could do to manage the pain emanating from the deep gashes left by the Dramon Killers. In his cloudy oblivion, he was barely aware of the ronin's flight through the darkness. Guided by supportive arms, Titus willed his lead-laden legs to move one after another while relying considerably on Nika (his hazy mind vaguely recalled) to hold him upright, his damaged arm hung limp at his side bleeding steadily.

The tedious march finally stopped, the Saviorhuckmon sagged gratefully against the Valkriemon. Between haggard breathes, he dimly realized Nika speaking.

“Um…thank you,” she told Titus. “You really saved me back there,” she told him, giving him a small smile.

Unable to give a verbal response at the moment, Titus nodded at her thanks with a strained smile across his features. Suddenly. he gritted his teeth from a fresh jolt of pain coursing through his nerves, missing the Valkriemon's next comment.

"Finn!" The exclamation drew his foggy attention to the scurrying Garbagemon approaching their direction. Relief flooded the Saviorhuckmon to see the mutant digimon relatively unharmed.

"Sawyer..." Titus strained to speak. By the Sovereigns, he hated sounding so weak. "You al-"

"Just, shut up, Finn." The Garbagemon scowled, quietly, knowing Titus's tendency to be concern for others before himself. "I'm not
the one bleeding out here." he griped, a note of panic threatening to take over as he surveyed the damage to the Saviorhuckmon.

The call for the ronin to move out interrupted the duos brief reunion. Sawyer glared at their leadership for pushing on so soon and not letting the wounded rest more. Frustrated, but knowing they'd get a healer for Titus sooner, he asked the Valkriemon, "Ya got anything handy to slow the bleeding, Toots?"

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Gabrielle watched the Crowmon with a keen interest as he told her why he joined the Realmless. Her face remained as stoic as always, but she felt for him.

"Don't beat yourself up," she said, once he finished. "If there's one thing that being in the Eternal Legion ever taught me, it was that there's no use trying to think about the 'what ifs'. Things happen and that's that, you can't dwell on it, you can only reflect and use that opportunity to improve yourself." She didn't feel that it was pertinent to mention that it was in regards to fighting and slaughtering your enemies.

"Trust me on this," she said, a very slight change in emotion in her voice, "I have a... significant amount of experience that has been applied to what I was taught, and it helps." to kill them all and make sure that they never smear the name of the great eternal legion. "It really does."

She turned away from the Crowmon, embarrassed that she had managed to let her facade slip in front of someone.

-

Gaius raised one of his enormous eyebrows at Tor, he wasn't quite sure if he was being patronised by the Zudomon or not. He raised his other eyebrow when Tor said that he was astonished that he had been good at fighting.

"Why I never!" he exclaimed, "You whippersnappers don't know anything about fighting nowadays, of course I'm good at fighting. You don't spend as much time as I have living alone in the Unbowed Clans as I have without being able to defend yourself. And you didn't even see me at my full potential! I was stuck fighting piddly rookies and champions. Now if I had the chance go up against that Darkdramon, you would have truly seen what I could have done."

Gaius proudly hit his staff against the ground and puffed out his chest, clearly believing what he had said. Namine, on the other hand, didn't believe even a single iota of what the old man had said. Rolling her eyes, she turned to Tor.

"I guess I accept you apology for now, ya big lug," she said, her voice once gain the cloy 'vulnerable' voice that she was using the first time they spoke. "But you really need to know when its actually appropriate to try and flirt."

She flew up to his ear and leaned in nice and close. "Like now would have been a completely appropriate time," she whispered before she flew back down and landed on Gaius's head, giggling.

Gaius scowled and tried to whack Namine with his staff, only for the MarineAngemon to quickly fly out of its way, making him hit himself in the head.

"And thank you for the compliment on my fighting," she said, dodging Gaius' next couple of strikes. "It's not very often I get such a sturdy young man giving me such lively compliments, and I must say you weren't too bad yourself."

Gaius tried hitting her with his staff again, and yet again missed and managed to hit himself in the side.

"Bloody little trollop," he muttered, his disdain for Namine's flirting very evident.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
It wasn't long before the Ronin reached one of the Conclave outposts. Edenia was located towards the center of Conclave territory - a sprawling tangle of dense forests and heavy underbrush - but the Conclave's citizens were courteous enough to outsiders to establish insulated havens ever few miles. Setessa was one such haven, where Emmara's family often journeyed to on Conclave business.

Her older and younger sisters: Selvala and Lilina, would be there...hopefully. It had been quite a while since she'd seen them last. She'd simply up and left to join Goliath without saying a word or giving them any warning. If the Ronin were lucky they'd have forgiven her. Lilina was young and innocent, she'd probably forgive her quickest. Selvala, on the other hand...she was stern and a lot like their mother.

"Who goes there?" shouted a voice. Goliath glanced up as a trio of insect soldiers descended from the treetops: a JewelBeemon flanked by two Stingmon. "In the name of Mat'Yggdrasil and the Realmpact you are hereby ordered to cease and state your intentions."

"I am Emmara Tandris," the BanchoLilimon stated. She'd cut in before Goliath could make their situation worse by cursing their 'stupid Realmpact.' "We have injured and are looking for shelter. My sisters are here. They're expecting us."

"Who are all of you?" the JewelBeemon demanded. He motioned to Ulysses and Emmara. "What is your affiliation with these outsiders?"

Ulysses scoffed. "Doesn't matter."

"We're all travelers. We have injured," Emmara reiterated, hands on her hips. "That's all there is to it. Conclave mandate of the Courser's Accord requires you to extend aid to travelers in need of it." She glanced over to Goliath and the rest of the injured. "And I think it's pretty apparent that we do."

The insect soldiers considered their group for a moment and Goliath was almost ready to snap - even though he knew his body probably wouldn't hold out - when the JewelBeemon nodded to the Stingmon and ascended back into the treetops.

"Escort them to the Center."

The two soldiers flanked the Ronin and led them deeper into the forest. Only then did Goliath notice the surplus of other insect soldiers swarming about the trees. It was unusual, that much was certain. The Conclave's movements were usually limited to its floral citizens; those moving about and tending to the needs of the forest and the travelers passing through. But there was hardly a floral Digimon in sight. The Conclave's militant faction - the insect soldiers - were out in force.

Goliath wasn't sure whether or not that was a good thing.

"Emmara!" shouted a voice. Two forms zipped down from above: a Lilymon X and a Lilamon. Emmara's sisters, Goliath presumed. The Lilamon stopped in front of them. "You Digivolved, but I'd recognize you anywhere."

"Selvala," Emmara acknowledged, and Goliath could hear the wary hesitation in her voice. The underlying uncertainty and respect for her sister's authority over her. "It's been a while."

"You just left. We thought you were dead," the Lilamon was firm but gentle. Goliath was still trying to assess the situation when Selvala threw her arms around Emmara and pulled her close. "I'm so glad you're okay." She pushed Emmara to arm's length. "What do you need?"

"A place to recuperate. If you can spare a healer," Goliath answered, stepping forward without aid for the first time in hours. It was agony. "Somewhere our injured can be treated without attracting much attention."

"You seem to attract a lot of attention, Goliath," Selvala said, fixing the cat with a glare. "I remember the last time you were here. And our only healer is under Isabella's ward."

"Crap," Goliath grimaced. Isabella the Rosemon. They hadn't exactly parted on the best of terms. There was a bit of history there. But if Isabella's ward was the healer in Setessa it didn't exactly leave them with many options. Their one saving grace was that Isabella was an old friend of Emmara.

"Let's get this over with," Goliath growled. "Emmara, go with your sisters and explain the situation to Isabella. Hopefully you'll be able to soften the blow."

"Lilina, take them to the old unused barracks at the outskirts," Selvala instructed the youngest of the sisters. "We'll avoid the crowds and rubberneckers. The less people that see the Ronin, the better."

To say that Nika was amused by the interaction between Titus and Sawyer was a bit of an understatement. While she didn’t abhor being around the Garbagemon, a part of her still disliked being in his presence - a remnant of being in the Astral Order that placed enlightenment and order above all else. But she couldn’t deny that his tactless and blunt honesty was refreshing. That, after all, was what she herself was trying to uphold in the old code that she was brought up with. That didn’t stop her from being flabbergasted when he spoke to her, though.

"Ya got anything handy to slow the bleeding, Toots?"

“T…toots?” she repeated, unfamiliar with the word but feeling like she should be insulted. She decided to ignore it for a later time, making a mental note to ask someone learned about the meaning of the word. “Yes, actually, I do,” she said, patting a spot under her sash where she kept a small bag. “But at the moment, with everyone moving so quickly, I haven’t had the opportunity to do what I can. And even then, with this level of injury…”

Senecca shook her head and sighed. “Well, I’ll see what I can do, but we need better equipment and facilities,” she said as she procured a roll of bandages.

-​

Tor couldn’t help but grin at the old Digimon and his long-winded speech. He definitely reminded him of his old elders back at home, all bark and usually no bite, full of stories and pride and hot air. He still had to hand it to the Jijimon though - he truly was surprised that he could still move and fight like that at his obvious age. Maybe he could stand to learn a thing or two. Maybe.

"I guess I accept you apology for now, ya big lug,” he then heard Namine say. He kept himself from raising his brow. She had the sweet tone in her voice again, far from the one that sounded exasperated. Well, he could play along.

"But you really need to know when it’s actually appropriate to try and flirt,” she added, going over to him and giving him a whisper. “Like now would have been a completely appropriate time," she said with a giggle before flying back to her spot on Gaius’ head. Now that made his eyebrow raise. He would definitely be playing along.

“Well, if you say so, my dear,” he couldn’t help but reply even as she avoided a staff swing from Gaius.

"And thank you for the compliment on my fighting. It's not very often I get such a sturdy young man giving me such lively compliments, and I must say you weren't too bad yourself," she then said. Tor had to admit, she had pretty good reflexes, and the old man was pretty energetic, even as he hit himself on his head and side and muttered to himself. He would like these two.

“I live to serve, milady and good sir,” he said, giving a bow and a slightly cheeky grin.

-​

The moment Emmara has been released by Selvala, Lilina immediately engulfed her elder sister in a tight hug herself. “Emma! I missed you! I missed missed missed missed you so much!” she told her, unconsciously using quite a bit of string that the elder certainly wasn’t expecting. “Where did you go? What did you do? Are all of these people you friends?” she asked before pulling away and looking at her straight. “Why did you leave me behind?”

At that final question, Emmara was at a loss. “Lilina…I…”

"Emmara, go with your sisters and explain the situation to Isabella. Hopefully you'll be able to soften the blow.”

"Lilina, take them to the old unused barracks at the outskirts. We'll avoid the crowds and rubberneckers. The less people that see the Ronin, the better."

Lilina fixed Selvala with a suddenly annoyed gaze. “No, I don’t want to!” she whined, stamping her foot on the ground. Selvala looked surprised - Lilina always listened to her and was usually exempt from her usual complaints and child-like wishes. The moment she realized why was the moment Lilina spoke the reason. “I want to stay with Emmara!”

Before she could continue on with her rant, the BanchouLilymon made Lilina turn to her. “Lilina, please do this for me?” she asked with an affectionate sisterly tone that none of the Ronin had ever heard her use before. “And I promise, when I come back - and I will - we’ll talk and play for as long as you want,” she said before the Lilymon X could complain once more.

“You promise?” Lilina asked, her face hopeful.

Emmara only nodded with a smile. She couldn’t say the unspoken condition - it would only be for as long as she was around to stay in the Conclave.

“Okay, it’s a promise!” Lilina said, her mood suddenly turning around as she twirled in the air. “Okay, mister kitty and friends! Follow me!” she said as she suddenly started flying away, leaving behind a trail of glittering flower pollen for the Ronin to follow, albeit not on purpose.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
OOC: I asked Griff on Pelagius's reaction so he won't be in a hurry to post ('cause he seems to be tired)

---

Homer Suga the Dynasmon
Unknown

Homet just waited, standing there, looking to his fellow Ronin. The MegaSeadramon just stared at him, his expression obviously displaying shock... ...or was it surprise? Homer couldn't tell. Maybe his interpretation was off? Maybe he was just imagining the hate? Or maybe the dragon was just trying to find a way to not seem offensive despite his outrage? One thing was for certain, he was dreading the wait and he was hating the silence. So many reactions and thoughts of what the Dramon serpent might be thinking just kept playing through his head. It was like walking through darkness, except with no idea of where the light is.

The dragon's expression changed, but not to one Homer expected. It was, at first, apprehensive. But that was only a moment. It changed to a neutral one just as quickly. He looked calm even, with a slight curiosity in his eyes.

"So, uh... How did you find yourselves with us?"

Now it was his turn to stare. Out of all the outcomes he thought would happen, the one he hoped for the most was the one to occur. Of course, he thought, mentally facepalming. "You think to much", as sis would say... Homer took a deep breath and straightened his stance.

"We...quit our former jobs. My sis because...her friends were killed so...she had no reason to work with..." he hesitated, but he started so he might as well. "...the D-Brigade. In my case..."

His wings sagged, but he pushed the memories back to the deepest recess of his mind.

"I...saw a colleague of mine...kill a subject in the obedience program... I...never realized that's what they did to all the rejects."

He looked to his sister.

"I thought they would be given to families to care for them. Like sis..."

He looked back to the serpent, realizing he was letting out his inner turmoil somewhat. With a sheepish expression, he rubbed the back of his head.

"Eh heh... Excuse my...attitude, I guess... I..." he took another deep breath. "I haven't quite gotten over the sight... ... He became a good friend...and she killed him all because he didn't see things the same way as the Empire..."

Homer perked up and turned around. He heard someone mention they were heading to the Conclave, and from the fact the most of the Ronin were moving, he figured they were heading for it at that very moment. He looked back to the MegaSeadramon.

"Perhaps we could discuss as we travel? I can continue to answer your questions. And... I always wondered what it was like outside the Empire...you're from Blue Coalition, right?" he said as he walked a little bit ahead, hoping he didn't deter the young soul. Homer was having his own troubles after all, he didn't want him to feel troubled.

---

Somewhere in Conclave

Sura leaned against another tree, supporting herself as she regathered her strength. After a few seconds, she stood once more and continued to follow the others. This has been repeated every five minutes over the course of the trip. Her walking, then leaning against a tree for support, resting for a few seconds, and then "rinse and recycle". She still wouldn't admit to anyone, even her brother, she bit off more than she could chew when she decided to fight those Wargreymon. She had faced a few before, but then again, those were against some of the less obedient of the Dragon Hordes, not trained mercenaries.

She sighed. She might have to spar with her brother, or one of her teammates. She might get outclassed sooner than she thought. Speaking of fights, she glanced over her shoulder, watching Surrak and Ajax chatting, with Surrak mentioning they should duel, as well as coming from specific Hordes. Looking back onwards, she wondered what Horde could she have possibly come from. From what she heard Ajax say to the X Digimon, perhaps she came from Surrak's Horde. Her expression looked like someone listening intently to someone else, before changing into a small smirk.

"Heh, I know it's unlikely Fridge, but hey, one can dream, can't they?" she said, the volume low.

Her amused expression stayed there for a moment before she chuckled.

"All right, and don't worry, we're heading for Conclave."

Verdant Conclave. She faced a few insect Digimon on its borders one time when they were causing trouble to an Empire encampment who were surveying the area. She hoped none of the inhabitants would recognize her, as unlikely as it is. Still, she was once part of the very group they retreated from, she can't help but be cautious. That, and she wasn't in the mood for a battle, considering her state.

She stopped her movements at the words of an insect Digimon. She looked to find a JewelBeemon with two Stingmon by his side, demanding their purpose here by the power of the Realmpact. The BanchoLillimon, whose name she finally remembered is Emmara, quickly answered, while it seemed that Goliath had what she thought was an irritated expression. Must be thanks to that mention of the Realmpact, she thought. Nearly everybody hated it or the Empire in one form or another. She still couldn't believe she could stand all of that hatred, but then again, she was able to stand three years straight of tranquilizing and tazing.

After a little discussion, they went into the forest even further. Then they stopped once again when Lillamon and a Lillymon X came their way. As they talked with Emmara and Goliath, she noted the fact that they were the female Bancho's sisters. Sura blinked. She looked back, only now remembering about her brother. For a moment, she was worried when she didn't see him immediately. But then she shook her head.

He must be talking to someone at the side. Of course he'd follow the rest of the Ronin, she reasoned, looking back at the plant sisters. Goliath cursed about something she didn't quite catch. After another "quick" chat, the Lillymon X told them to follow her, leaving a trail of something she thought was pollen.

Of course, she followed, like the rest of the Ronin. But she couldn't help but wonder if the X plant Digimon left that trail on purpose, because it was certainly handy.

Solsabre

The Reforged Soul
OOC: Sorry about taking so long!!!!

Sawyer assisted in easing the stricken Saviorhuckmon onto the barrack cot, arranging the padding to make Titus more comfortable until the healer arrived.

“Where are we?” Titus finally asked, feeling more lucid after the blurring journey.

“A haven in the Conclave,” the mutant digimon answered. A moment's pause, Sawyer blurted, “It’s...quite green.”

Titus chuckled weakly at the Garbagemon’s pointed comment. Unfortunately, it triggered a painful spasm from the wounded shoulder through his chest, resulting in several sharp gasps.

“Whoa, whoa, easy there! Shesh!” Sawyer exclaimed, alarmed at his friend’s abrupt downturn. Gripping the edge of the cot, he waited anxiously until Titus managed to calm down.

“Sorry…” the silver knight muttered, his breathing easing.

“Sawyer...how'd...we fare?" the Saviorhuckmon asked quietly, his eyes closed in exhaustion.

"Eh, some of the others got beaten up pretty bad too, boss cat included. I think, I don't know exactly." Sawyer explained in a wandering jabber, scratching his flaky scalp to recall. "This weird fire shockwave thing kinda caught the Metal Empire soldiers off guard....about sh*t myself for that matter...anyway the retreat got call and everything went pitch black..."

Sawyer shivered at the terrifying memory of the Darkdramon's cold, sharp lance inches from his digicore. "Look, Finn..eh Titus...I-I'm not sure I'm cut out for this...fighting against the Metal Empire..." the Garbagemon gestured vaguely, searching for the right words, "...it's like changing the physical laws of Eon. You can't."

And if you believe the rumors, the Metal Empire can do even that, Sawyer thought grimly.

The mutant digimon's eyes shot up from his internal monologue, when a cool armored hand gently gripped his shoulder. Titus had opened his eyes a crack to meet Sawyer's worried ones. The Saviorhuckmon inhaled deeply, blocking out the pain momentarily.

"Perhaps, yet, as digimon, it is our nature to change with digivolution, the same is true for our world. Have some courage." Titus reassured Sawyer, the words coming naturally to him. He tightened his grip ever so slightly on Sawyer's shoulder, though his arm shook from the effort. The words his might shall up hold the weak wrestled through his mind. "Sometimes..." he exhaled, breaths straining for control. "...sometimes it takes digimon from all walks of life...to create the greater change."

A moment later.

"I should not..have left you alone..." Titus whispered with some remorse, exhaustion slowly claiming him despite his still painful wounds.

The Garbagemon returned the sentiment with an uneasy smile, waving it off. Titus's arm fell limp and he drifted off into a restless slumber. The Garbagemon slouched against the cot, idly fiddling with his chained pendent. Sawyer watched his friend sleep, pondering with an insight few would give his species credit for.

Sawyer snorted to himself, feeling calmer but with an edge of irritation. "Me? Fraggin' idiot carries the world on his shoulders. If anyone shouldn't be left alone its him."

When he thought no one was watching him, Sawyer carefully placed Titus's arm over the armored chest and the Garbagemon positioned himself so he could have full view of the barracks with Titus resting behind him.

"Well, Finn hasn't given up on me yet," Sawyer muttered to himself, uneasiness and worried filled him. "I can't chicken out on him as the crap piles up."

Last edited:

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
(OOC: Sorry for the delay. Busy time of the year.)

-

Pelagius stared at Homer as he painfully recounted his story. Instead of distrust or hesitation, instead he felt sorry for the Dynasmon. He could tell he was in pain by his voice. He guessed that that would be enough to drive someone to turn against their own empire.

Pelagius vaguely mused that the others must have had similar stories. He felt kind of guilty. He and Tor didn't have any particularly good reason like that. When they first set off, it was like they were going on another of their adventures. Sure, they were doing it in part for the Blue Coalition, but they didn't take it as seriously when they first set off. Now it felt like the gravity of the situation was setting in for him. Although, he wasn't too sure that was the case for his flirtatious friend.

His attention was drawn back to Homer when the Dynasmon continued speaking.

"Perhaps we could discuss as we travel? I can continue to answer your questions. And... I always wondered what it was like outside the Empire...you're from Blue Coalition, right?"

"Uh, yeah. Let's go," Pellagius spoke, beginning to drift through the air after the traveling Ronin.

The MegaSeadramon ducked his head sheepishly when he was asked if he was from the Blue Coalition. He wasn't sure it was a good idea to let anybody know that he was the son of Deeplord Tromokratis. He was pretty sure that Tor was keeping his family lineage a secret as well. Coming out with it could only cause them problems, he figured.

"Heh. Y-Yeah. I'm from the Blue Coalition," Pellagius responded sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with his tail. "I'm from Atlantis. I just wanted to join the Ronin because the Metal Empire keeps encroaching on our territory. There's just so many things wrong with what they're doing..." He then stiffened and realized who he was talking to. "Uh, no offence, sir..."

Pellagius internally chastised himself. He then tried to strike up a different topic with Homer as they traveled towards the Verdant Conclave. He didn't want to dwell on either of their histories too much. For Homer, because it seemed like a sensitive topic, and, for Pellagius, because he wasn't a particularly good liar.

-

After a long walk, the Ronin had reached the Verdant Conclave outpost of Setessa.

There was an odd atmosphere, especially when Emmara's sisters showed up and there was mention of somebody named 'Isabella'.

However, Valerius was less concerned about all of that. He stood near the back of the group, feeling very ill-at-ease.

"So this is the Verdant Conclave..." he thought to himself. He closed his eyes. "Toby was from here..."

He wondered if Tobias had any family around here like Emmara did. He never really mentioned anybody whenever they talked. If Toby really did, Valerius wondered if they knew what happened to him.

The crow's eyes drifted over to Ulysses. He wondered if the BanchoStingmon was from here as well. He wondered if he knew Tobias from their time in the Ronin together. The insect Digimon seemed so bitter and reserved that Valerius wasn't sure if he should even ask. Apparently he took that battle very badly. Understandably so, Valerius noted. He hadn't fared much better himself.

He decided against any action and just decided to follow the Ronin as they headed towards the abandoned barracks that Selvala mentioned. He walked along on his three legs and glanced at the Ronin.

His eyes landed on Gabrielle, the SlashAngemon he had been talking with earlier. He remembered that she had given him advice that he shouldn't blame himself. However, he remembered that she suddenly became rather embarrassed, and their conversation ended there. He couldn't help but be curious, but he didn't want to pry.

He continued his walk towards the barracks, following the strange Lilymon X that was guiding them. Valerius wasn't particularly wounded, but he figured that it was best that the Ronin all got out of the way.

-

As the Ronin walked, Jasper tromped with his arms folded. His eyes darted back and forth, eyeing the emerald canopies of the trees. He walked alongside Jager, Surrak, and Demo.

Jasper scoffed and walked with his cape flapping behind him. Despite his bravado, he felt uneasy by the situation.

He narrowed his eyes. "Something's up here. All of the bugs are out and watching us with their big, bug eyes. It's like they're anticipating something," he said aloud to his nearby comrades in arms. "I don't like it!"

Kamotz

God of Monsters
"Something's up here. All of the bugs are out and watching us with their big, bug eyes. It's like they're anticipating something. I don't like it!"

"Wouldn't you?" Goliath muttered as the group entered the old barracks.

Like all structures in the Conclave, it was raised from the forest itself. A chord of woodwork amongst a twisting mass of gnarled roots and vines and interconnected trees. Unlike the more used structures, however, the old barracks were beginning to return to the forest. Foliage had grown over the carefully-maintained exterior. Vegetation had even made its way inside; spreading moss across the floor and walls. Small plants grew through the breaks and cracks in the wood; colorful bursts of flower.

"They know we're being pursued by the Empire," Goliath winced, settling down onto one of the old cots. Probably received reports about our battle, too." He straightened and put pressure on his wounds. It wouldn't do to have Isabella see him in such a state. She had no pity for him. "The Conclave has a mandate to help those in need. But the Empire is after us and no one here wants to be drawn into our fight."

Ajax scoffed at that, and Goliath felt his anger threaten to rise back up. Luckily the arrival of Emmara, Selvala, Isabella, and an unknown Lotusmon distracted him from throttling his old friend.

"And yet here you are drawing everyone in to your insanity again," said Isabella. Gods, she was as gorgeous and haughty as Goliath remembered. And she held just as much of a grudge as he expected. "My only consolation is that you're in as much pain as you've caused for everyone else."

Goliath tried to rise and say something, but found he couldn't move; his body locked with pain and he resigned to her berating.

"Aw, poor Goliath," Isabella mock-pouted. She turned to the Lotusmon. "Savra, I suppose they need healing." The Lotusmon nodded and raised her staves. She stepped towards the center of the room and closed her eyes, willing healing light to spread across the injuries of the Ronin and knit their wounds together.

"Thank you," Goliath said, both to her and Isabella. For a brief instant he though he saw the lines on Isabella's face soften. But considering the lightshow going on not six feet from him, he guessed it was much more likely a trick of the light.

"Why?" Isabella asked, her voice soft; for only him to hear. "Why do all this?"

"There's corruption in this world," Goliath snarled, stronger already. He felt his wounds healing with each breath. He felt the jagged metal shards of his broken weapon work their way from deep within his torso and clatter to the floor. He growled at the indignity of it all. "Someone needs to be accountable for it. And until it's removed, I'll keep fighting it."

"You're not just fighting!" Ajax roared, standing tall on the other side of the room. He leveled a glare at the beast man. He hadn't been touched in the battle and wasn't one for unnecessary attention; Goliath still remembered that. "You're starting a war. And you're not the only one in it. You're dragging everyone here into this war, and you're not even aware of what you're doing!"

"I'm not looking to start a war, Ajax!" Goliath snarled, shooting to his feet. The pain had dulled enough, and he'd shut the dragon-knight up himself if he had to.

"But that's what you're doing!" Ajax shouted. "You've declared war on the entire world. And you only have sixteen fighters at your back." He gestured to the Ronin - and himself, Goliath realized. "It's no wonder the Realmless were slaughter-"

There was a resounding crack, and Ajax was sent flying. Goliath was stunned for a moment; that any one of his Ronin would assault an ally was almost inconceivable. Except...his fist stung, his knuckles ached. And he was standing over Ajax with his arm outstretched. It didn't feel bad though.

"I've been wanting to do that all day, you arrogant ass," Goliath grunted. He cracked his knuckles and stepped back.

"I hope you enjoyed that," Ajax said, stepping to his feet. "Because it's the last free shot you're getting." He pushed past Goliath and stormed out of the barracks.

"Don't be so sensitive, Ajax!" Goliath called out to his retreating form. He chuckled darkly and turned back to the Ronin. All eyes were on him. "What? Did you expect anything else? Did you expect me to just sit by and listen to him insult those we lost?" He glared at the four Bancho.

"It's no insult to say that the dead are dead," said Jaeger, in that same quiet, infuriatingly certain tone.

"You don't know. You weren't there," Goliath snarled.

"But we're all here," said Surrak. "There's a reason that we joined you. That we follow you."

"And why is that?" Goliath demanded of them all. "Why are you here?" He challenged them. He glanced at Sawyer and Demo, Suras and Homer, "You left the Empire. Why? Why give up everything?" He pointed to Seneca and Valerius. "Why would you leave the Order? Why throw away every lofted idea you believed in for the chance to die in the mud?" He glanced to Gabrielle, "In the Legion you were assured glory, status, strength. Why come here where you have nothing?" He turned to Tor, Pelagius, and Namine. "Why leave the Blue? Why would you abandon diplomacy for battle?" He turned to Gaius, Jasper, and Jaeger. To Surrak and Titus, "Why give up the freedom and independence of the Clans and Hordes? Why give up the Hunt and the Fury?" Finally he turned to Emmara and Ulysses, "Why would you give up home?

"I'll tell you why I'm here," Goliath declared. "Because there is a corruption in this world. A sickness eating away at everything we hold dear. It is stifling. And every one of you feels it the same." He stopped and steeled himself. "I can't tell you if it comes from one Digimon or an entire Realm. But I know it's the Empire. And the Realmpact, which was supposed to keep us safe and protected now does nothing more than provide excuses for why the Empire can act with impunity, and why everyone else is suffering."

=======

OOC: I'm not expecting huge responses for the question Goliath has posed to your characters. Take the time and space you need to answer it, but I'd like to keep the tempo up, so don't feel required to get bogged down with the weight of posting. As long as we don't break the rules when it comes to the minimum post length, I'm all for keeping things shorter when we need to.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
OOC: Hopefully this post is okay. I think I can change it. But my gosh, was this so satisfying to do.

--

Homer Suga the Dynasmon
Somewhere in Conclave -> Abandoned Conclave Barrack

Homer listened to the MegaSeadramon, facing him as he walked with the rest of the Ronin. Before the serpent spoke, he briefly looked distressed. He couldn't tell why, but a part of him felt like the expression was from guilt. But if that was true,it made him wonder what Pelagius was feeling guilty about. Maybe he faced against Metal Empire soldiers? Or held a deep grudge?

"Heh. Y-Yeah. I'm from the Blue Coalition," Pellagius responded sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with his tail. "I'm from Atlantis. I just wanted to join the Ronin because the Metal Empire keeps encroaching on our territory. There's just so many things wrong with what they're doing..." He then stiffened and realized who he was talking to. "Uh, no offence, sir..."

Homer's face softened, giving him an understanding smile. He waved his hand dismissively. "Think nothing of it. I did say I know that the Empire's doing lots of bad things." He gave a slight frown. "But taking territory? I guess I really was blinded."

He noticed that the dragon was still looking sheepish. He gave an amused smile, remembering the end of the sea serpent's sentence.

"Also, you don't need to call me sir. I don't think I'm that much older than you." He then contemplated this for a moment. He looked to MegaSeadramon. "Okay, maybe you have right to say that, since I'm 42, but 'sir' makes me feel like I'm 60 or something." He joked, chuckling after saying that.

He remembered the times when Fridge and Sura argued, the times when he and Fridge joked with Sura, and the times he spent just relaxing with Sura and her friends.

A smile spread on his face, then he noticed Pelagius grappling to find another topic.

It seemed he didn't want to talk about himself that much. Or maybe he didn't want to talk at all. Either way, he was having trouble deciding on what to do next and Homer didn't want him distressed, especially after being unable to do anything helpful during the fight. As much as he wanted to talk with him, he'll let him have his time alone. He deserved it.

He stopped when he found that they were at their destination. He looked back at Pelagius.

"I'm going to go look for sis," he said, a knowing smirk on his face. "Can't have her causing unnecessary trouble, right?" He chuckled. "Seriously though, if you ever need help, I'd be happy to help. I'm sure my sis would be too." He gave a slight bow, something he always did before saying, "Bye. See you around Pelagius."

Then he left the dragon, heading inside and looked for his sister, just as he said he'd do.

--

Abandoned Conclave Barrack

Sura scanned the area. The barrack wasn't very noteworthy, save a few flowers here and there, it looked more like it was a naturally made structure that vaguely looked like a building, with vines and roots everywhere. As everyone else settled themselves in their own spots, Sura decided on resting against the wall farthest from the entrance. If there was an attack at the entrance, she, and anyone else beside her, would be the least affected due to distance and any blast would've hit the others first, assuming it was an explosion of some kind and not targeting missiles. In that case, placing herself as such would be pointless.

She looked to her new teammates. Out of those she could see, it seemed only she herself, Goliath, and Titus the SaviorHuckmon were the most battered. Surprising, considering how much the D-Brigade was hammering them. She smirked. It seemed she was enough of a threat that much of the Wargreymon mercemaries were taking turns among themselves to keep her from outright slaughtering them, which might explain why no matter how much she tried, they were still only four (or was it five?) Wargreymon facing her at all times. That, or the others were being cowardly, but that was unlikely and she wanted to give them the benefit of a doubt.

She looked back to the entrance when Emmara came back with her sister as well as two newcomers. A Lotusmon and a Rosemon. The Rosemon having a particularly bitter conversation with Goliath. Sura couldn't help but chuckle. She had a feeling that the Rosemon wasn't angry just because Goliath was a disaster magnet. He had probably done...things with her. After the short exchange, Isabella, said Rosemon, told the Lotusmon to heal the injured.

As soon as the staves glowed, Sura sighed contently. She could feel her natural healing get accelarated, mending her worse wounds much faster. In a few seconds, the slashes and bad burns were gone, only a few (about six, she counted) gashes were taking their time to heal. She felt the dent on her back mend itself as well. Although it was still there, there wasn't a dull ache from it anymore and it felt less like a crater from someone punching her back and more like another feminine curve on her body. Well...if you want to call a shallow dip between her shoulderblades that on a pretty round upper torso.

She sighed again, this time with a smile. She'll be in top shape soon, very soon if she's lucky.

"Sis!"

She turned to find Homer already settling beside, in much better shape than herself, with only one wound marking the previous brawl.

"Heh, you seem happy. Something happen?"

Homer scoffed, yet he still smiled. "I guess. I talked with Pelagius, the MegaSeadramon."

"And?"

"I told him where we're from and why we're with the rest."

Sura raised an eyebrow. Homer was the more cautious of the two and he was the one to blab out their past? She might have to check his head when she can, just in case. "I take it that it went well?"

"Yes, it did. He didn't lash out, for one, but...I couldn't tell if he was shocked, apprehensive or..."

"Or...?"

"Sad, I think..."

Okay. That'd explain why he took awhile to say that. Sura smiled and smacked a hand on her brother's back.

"I'm sure it's fine. From the sound of it, he just has his own reasons and probably felt sorry for you. Which is a nice thing 'cause it means he cares and understands. So that means you don't need to worry."

Homer gave an anumsed smile, unaffected from Sura hitting his back. "All right, sis. All right."

Sura brought her hand back to her side, her smile even wider, happy Homer was feeling better so soon. However, their attention was caught at the sound of flesh hitting armor.

Sura looked to see Goliath over Ajax, arm outstretched after hitting its target.

Then Goliath gave a remark that Sura wished he didn't say. Despite being the rowdy type, she never understood what was so good about swearing.

The Ronin leader laughed darkly as Ajax stormed outside. Then Homer did in response to Goliath's question of their reasons for following was something she did not expect.

--

Homer Suga the Dynasmon
Abandoned Conclave Barrack -> Outside of It

Homer's mouth was agape. Did he just punch his friend? His friend? True, Sura and Fridge would occasionally hit each other, but that was playful, usually out of teasing or wanting to remind the other of something. What Goliath did was out of pure anger and a punch that could've injured Ajax. The lion had an exchange with Surrak and Jeager before he questiones his troops.

"And why is that? Why are you here?"

He looked to Demo, then Sawyer, then at him and Sura.

"You left the Empire. Why? Why give up everything?"

That. That sentence. That one sentence made him stiffly turn his neck towards the Ronin leader and close hia mouth. That one short sentence made his eyes look bloodshot.

The Ronin leader continued to question his followers and their reasons why they were here. Homer's fists curled and shook. That's it! Homer let off a feral roar, before staring at the lion, teethed bared and body crouched and heaving from slowly breathing.

"I've had it! I've had it with your anger being aimed at your friends. Oh, sure, he might've been a prick, but PUNCHING HIM?! If you can't even settle a fight between friends, how much more for an entire Realm that is against you?! How much more for several?! You want to know my reason? I LOST EVERYTHING! My sister is all I have left! Not that I think you'd care. You're not even trying to keep us together! We--" he briefly looked to the others. "--are not even trying to become a close-knit team, working together other than what brought us together! I get it that they meant a lot for you, but if we can't even support each other, convince each other, how are we ever going to show the rest of the world what the Empire is doing?!"

He breathed out deeply. His body still heaved from his breathing, even more so after shouting his thoughts. Despite that, he still didn't feel any better. He could feel eyes staring at him, the Empire dog questioning his leader. His face twisted into a scowl. He'd made a fool of himself. He now looked as if he was another Ajax. He straightened himself before heading outside, not caring anymore if that was they thought. If that's what they think, fine. Let them be while I do my best to make sure they don't end up in pieces.

--

Abandoned Conclave Barrack -> Outside of It

Sura just stared out the entrance, her mouth slightly open. Homer shouted all of that after Goliath said why he was fighting, why he continues his actions. She guessed Homer wasn't exactly listening, because if she knew her brother, he wouldn't have shouted all of that if he heard Goliath's reasons. But what shocked her was him shouting in the first place. Sura frowned. It seemed the wounds were deeper than she thought. She looked to Goliath.

"Well, it's true. We don't have anything left back 'home'. Now excuse me," she said, heading for the exit and shooting Goliath a look that said "I don't hate you at all, but try attacking my brother for what he did and you will suffer." before saying as she exited, "I'm gonna make sure kuya doesn't do anything stupid."

I swear Goliath, attack us with our backs turned and I'll show you why my friends called me "Insane Fury."

Kamotz

God of Monsters
"How Ajax and I conduct ourselves is none of your concern," Goliath snarled as Homer stomped away. How dare he? What gave him the right to judge them? It was their way of doing things. It had always been their way. "Don't talk of things you can't possibly understand."

Sometimes your best friend just needed a punch in the mouth.

"I don't hate you at all, but try attacking my brother for what he did and you will suffer."

"And...what exactly did he do worth attacking him over?" Emmara asked, glancing around the room. "What did I miss, other than him telling off Goliath?" She turned to the beast man. "Ajax didn't exactly deserve that, either."

"I disagree," Ulysses muttered.

"Ajax and I have our own way of doing things," Goliath said again, still in disbelief that they couldn't understand that simple fact.

"Not all of us are privy to your inside-jokes and arguments," Emmara countered.

"Is that your stance, then?" Goliath asked, his voice soft and low, almost hollow. If they all walked away then there was no point. They would walk away and he would continue alone if he had to. His continued defiance wasn't contingent on allies and comrades. It was sustained by his will alone.

"I am with you, Goliath," Emmara assured, and Goliath could see the pain in her eyes; he could hear it in her voice. "Because I remember. I remember what it was like for us before. Before all of this; when all we wanted was to live. Free of the Realms, free of the Pacts, free of anyone who would tell us how to live our lives."

"That's what it means to be Realmless," Goliath said. "Freedom."

"But that's not what we are anymore," Emmara insisted. She closed her eyes and held her fist to her chest. "We're Ronin now. Masterless warriors."

"Free," Goliath said again.

"Not free; wandering," Emmara countered. "Lost. We don't know what we're fighting for; what we're fighting against."

"Corruption. Injustice," Goliath declared loudly. His fingers curled into a fist and it lit with flame. He held it aloft. "I've told you this time and time again."

"But those are just words!" Emmara said. Goliath winced and stepped back at her outburst. He'd never seen her this way before. Not towards him. "They don't mean anything. Not really. We could spend our entire lives fighting against them and not accomplish anything. Ajax was right, Goliath--at least in terms of what he said, if not how. You need to decide who it is you're fighting against."

"You asked why we left our homes," Surrak interjected. He stepped forward. "You asked why I'd leave the fury and the Firemind and follow you to fight against the very weight of the world."

"And?" Goliath growled, sensing the room turn against him.

"And I don't know," Surrak answered. "I don't know and it kills me to feel this way." He looked down at his hands. "I could lie to you all. Tell you that I left because I needed to fight. That the only way I could surpass my limitations was by leaving. That I left because I was already Realmless and didn't belong.

"But that's not true," he finished. "I don't know why I left. Only that I did. And I found you, Goliath. And you were so certain; of everything you did, of everything you stood for."

"And now?" Goliath asked, his voice low.

"Now you're afraid," Jaeger stepped in. The low echo of his metallic voice filled the room.

"Say that again," Goliath challenged. "I fear nothing."

"You know what your course is. You don't fear that. You're afraid of what you must ask us to do," Jaeger clarified. "Because you have lost much already. And you would rather push us away than watch us die."

"Don't pretend to know me, wolf," Goliath growled.

"I pretend at nothing," Jaeger assured.

"And what is it exactly that I'm supposed to ask you to do?" To his question, Jaeger said nothing; no answer from the mechanical wolf. Just that same silent, piercing stare. "To hell with you," he said, and stormed out of the barracks.