• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Civil War

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Suranuras Suga the OmniShoutmon
Outside Conclave Barrack

Sura faintly heard Goliath say something to Homer about not understanding and personally, she didn't blame him. She used to do that to Fridge a lot before they rubbed off of each other. She got more calm and thought more often, he learned that sometimes letting emotions and charging head on was all right, and occasionally slaping Sura. Sura didn't expect Goliath to storm out a minute after saying that. She got out of the way and watched the lion for a while. It seems he won't go after Homer. She was glad. She was worried her brother riled up his temper.

When she was sure that the lion wasn't going to change his mind, she went back to looking for Homer. It wasn't that hard, even if Homer had made a better attempt at concealing himself. He had his right hand against a large tree, probably trying to find comfort under its shade. But Sura frowned as she took a step closer to looked over her brother. His left arm was hanging idly by his side, but that wasn't what caught her eye. It was his hand. It was enclosed into a fist and occasionally twitched. She only saw that one other time. A time that hit both him and Sura very hard. The day their father died.

She didn't get it. How can Goliath punching Ajax's face trigger such a memory? There wasn't any connection. Then again, it's not like she remembered the fight that well. Maybe she did something she didn't recall well during the fight. She shook her head. What was she doing? There was no use in guessing about thinhs like this. It seems Fridge's personality affected her more than she realized. She made a small smile at that thought.

She placed her right hand on his left shoulder. He tensed at that, but when she gave it a soft squeeze, he relaxed. She was glad she had a sincere smile on when Homer turned to her. He was very upset, with several emotions swirling in his eyes. She could see sadness, confusion, some anger, embarassment and worry. But the sadness lessened when he saw her smile. That made her smile all the more. She was glad smiles were infectious as Homer gained a very small smile.

"Something wrong kuya? I know that wasn't just you shouting back there," she asked, doing her best to not be offensive. She knew she had a habit of sounding like that.

He looked at her for a few seconds. He was contemplating. Then he looked to the ground.

"I was wondering that myself..."

She wasn't sure whether to reply to that or not, but she did anyway.

"You sure you don't even have an inkling on why? I'm pretty sure you have no parasitic bug in your mind." The last bit was an attempt at a joke.

He still stared at the ground, not acknowledging her bad joke. She waited. She didn't want to assume things about her brother. After a few more seconds, he sighed.

"I think...no...I know why I shouted..."

She stayed silent.

He sighed and looked back at the barrack, adjusting himself so that he didn't strain his neck. Sura moved along with him.

"I...was worried... We've only been here for who knows how long and the leader nearly had himself killed... Then he punches his friend who saved him..."

Sura held back her scoff. "You know me and Fridge did that a lot."

"Yeah, but you meant no actual harm to Fridge, right? You just hit him just enough to remind him. Even when you were angry, you had no thoughts of hurting him. Goliath... He was ticked off to the point of wanting to hurt his friend..."

"How're you so sure?"

He looked straight at her, a hard look in his eyes. "Did he look annoyed to you? Or very ticked?"

She didn't answer that. The lack of answering will let him know that didn't matter. "What did you mean by worried?"

Homer's gaze returned normal. He sighed and placed his right hand on his head.

"I...remembered the times before Dr. Arvo attacked...they used to be good friends, dad and Arvo. But then...yoy know..."

Sura nodded solemnly.

"I'm worried it'll escalate... I left because I saw the Empire will get rid of anyone who thinks differently from them... Goliath's not even trying to bring us together... Not like Fridge did with you and the Pack..."

Sura recalled what Fridge did when she didn't get along with Driffun. She remembered him forcing the two to work out their differences otherwise the team would fall apart. If they couldn't rely on each other, there was no way any of the Primeval Pack would survive out there, no matter how disorganized the enemy was. The enemy would see the tension, try to trigger it, and then take their chance when the tension caused the lowering of one's guard. But Sura knew Goliath was not Fridge. She couldn't compare the two. One was hot-blooded while the other was level-headed. But she had to admit, as far as she could tell, the lion made no obvious attempt to convince them to stay with him.

Unless he was doing reverse psychology, in which case, it's working really well.

Sura was snapped from her thoughts when Homer spoke once again.

"And...I was worried about the others... We can't go back to the way things used to be... If we split up, we're not going to last long... Not all of us have experience in fighting strong Digimon in groups..."

She gave an understanding smile. So that was it. He was worried the leader wouldn't keep them together and they and the other Digimon would have to fend for themselves. He wanted Goliath to start making sure they'd stay alive to do what they wanted to do.

"Even if I end up getting annoyed with some of the Ronin...I...really want all of us together... I want us safe... Especially after Goliath's loss..."

She gave a few reassuring pats to his back. He put others before himself so often, she wasn't surprised at all that he ended up a Dynasmon. It suited his nature and it gave him the power to acheive his wishes.

"Hey, kuya... I don't think Goliath's that mad at you. If he was, he'd have come by earlier and hit you. He's just really upset about having his old friends insulted. Like how you were upset with Goliath earlier."

He looked like he was feeling better. His left hand wasn't twitching anymore. He was mulling over something over. Then he said, "Do you think I should apologize? Or explain to him?"

She just chuckled. She wondered how in the world did he get along with her when she was younger. "Nah. I know he won't like the normal 'sorry'. He'll probably think it's too wimpy. He used to be Unbowed, and although I was raised with you, I remember one thing about being Horde, strength meant everything. Same with Unbowed. Let your actions and power do the talking."

He stared at her, a thoughtful look in his eyes. She was afraid she said the wrong thing the longer he stayed silent. But Homer smiled, and then chuckled before putting his right hand by his side.

"I'm taking advice from my sister who charges head first into a fight," he said with a knowing smile.

Sura gave a toothy grin. That was the Homer she knew. The Homer who liked to challenge her wits than her strength to keep her on her toes. The Homer who looked out for her.

"Heh, you should try it sometime. It'll teach you to be a hard head."

A bad joke on her stubborness, and she knew it, but that didn't stop the two laughing at its poor quality.

---

Homer Suga the Dynasmon
Outside Conclave Barrack -> Inside of It

Homer let out a deep breath. Sura was right, he said his peace, now he was going to live with it. If Goliath is upset, he'll stay by his side no matter what. He saw before everyone else what the Empire was doing and he's going to stop it. That's why he's here with him, to stop it before it gets worse. And he has his sister here to help. She'd watch for him while he did the same.

He looked back at the Conclave barrack. He wasn't too sure how the Ronin inside thought of his outburst. He hoped he didn't give the wrong impression. But he'll have to live with it. He'll do as Sura said and let his actions speak for him. He really hoped that Pelagius didn't think ill will of him now. He liked the young dragon. He felt he'd be good friends with him. He thought over on what to do next. He looked to his sister.

"Do you wanna stay outside? I'm gonna stay near the entrance inside of the barrack."

He'll stay near the entrance so that they know he's still with them. But he liked it better outside so he'll stay near entrance.

She thought for a moment, then she answered, "Yeah, I'm gonna stay outside, near the barrack. Also, Goliath went out earlier."

Homer nodded and headed in. He stopped at the entrance. He wasn't sure what the others thought. Some noticed him, some didn't, or at least he thought some didn't. He wasn't sure. He looked to the left and leaned against the wall. He'll make it up to Goliath. Then he'll show why he shouted. He'll show that he meant well. He'll show that he only wished for their safety.

His body suddenly felt heavy. It seems that he was more tired than he thought. He guessed he was fine from the healing session, but he guessed he'll rest. If they get attacked, they'll need all the able bodies they can get. He closed his eyes and relaxed, and he could feel Sura's amused smile outside the building.

Lilina was confused. There was shouting and hitting and anger - so much that the whole room was tense with it, and she could sense it emanating with Goliath at the center…a giant anthropomorphic condensation of ire and wrath that seemed directed to anyone or anything that interacted with it. So when her sister - her dear and long lost sister - went up to confront him, she made a sound and was about to pull her back. The only thing that stopped her - an amazing and incredible thing by itself - was the look on her sister’s face and the tone of her voice. She thought those were reserved for her and their family alone.

Now, she didn’t really understand what the talk about leaving and freedom and Ronin and corruption was all about. It all went over her head. She couldn’t really care less either. What she did care about, however, was that her sister was home!

“Emmy!” she said a few minutes after the ball of wrath left. She grabbed the BantyoLilimon’s hand with her own and smiled widely. “Come on, come on, come on! Let’s go to the old flower gardens! I growed it all by myself since you went away, and it’s all so big now!” she said as she tried to pull her away, her unnatural strength showing as she was able to drag the other floral Digimon away from the rest.

Seneca observed the two as they left, the sight of a chirpy girl still being happy and cheery-sounding even after the outburst breaking the silence that the leader of the Ronin had left them with.

The Valkyrimon sighed and shook her head. “What did I get myself into?” she asked herself as she sat down quietly.

She didn’t want to make it obvious, but she was a bit confused herself. Even if the way Goliath asked was far too blunt and tactless, and possibly uncalled for, what he had shouted to all of them, their very reason for leaving, had made her wonder the same thing.

Why did she leave? What was she fighting for?

She honestly thought she knew. She was the type of person to think things through before doing anything. After all, she knew that what the Metal Empire was truly wrong. At the very least, she felt that what they did contradicted everything she knew and studied about. The laws that the Astral Order preserved and upheld were not being truly followed by them. Although she could have said the same for the Conclave, she observed.

Senecca blinked.

‘Do…do any of the realms even follow the Astral Order’s laws?’ she thought to herself. As she began to recall the stock of information she absorbed from her years of studying, she remembered that there were only a few from the other realms, if any at all, had been judged by the Astral Order’s judges. ‘Are they even held accountable?’

She and looked around at her so-called allies. She never really thought about the other realms. In the current news that had spread around, very little had to do with the other realms - the Metal Empire had taken so much prominence that she had taken little notice about them.

“I know…so little about the other realms,” she realized, whispering to herself in a small surprised tone. If she really wanted to make a difference, to certainly place value but also spread the things she had learned and loved in the Astral Order, then she couldn’t just stop with the Metal Empire. She had to know about the other realms as well. After all, it might be true that were called Realmless now, but surely, she couldn’t be the only one who was fighting for the realms.

And she supposed this was the best place to start. She was in the Verdant Conclave, so maybe she could start learning about them first. Although she wished she knew how to start. Maybe if someone went with her.

The Valkyrimon nodded to herself and stood back up. She looked around her and decided that asking anyone that was too injured to move was out of the question - that included Titus too, she supposed, and she doubted that Sawyer would have liked to move anywhere away from his friend anytime soon. She also didn’t think it would be the right time to ask if anyone wanted to out with her and see what the Verdant Conclave had to offer.

Nika rubbed the back of her neck and just started to walk outside. Maybe she could ask someone else to walk with her - and just as she stepped out, she bumped into a OmniShoutmon.

“O-oh!” she blurted out as she raised her hands. What was with her and bumping into people today? “I-I’m sorry, I was just…just heading out. I hope I didn’t hurt you,” Senecca said with a slightly worried look.

-​

“Well, he’s just a ball of fun, isn’t he?” Tor spouted as he walked over to his MegaSeadramon friend, talking about their BantyoLeomon leader.

He didn’t get much of a chance to talk with Namine and Gaius when they arrived. The whole diplomacy thing with between Goliath and the flowery Digimon seemed like it wasn’t a good time to run his mouth - it reminded him of the talks his father had between nomadic tribes, and he always made sure not to speak his mind lest he get them all in trouble (which might have happened a few times before he finally learned his lesson).

“I mean, I knew the instant I saw him that he was the short-tempered type - far from what our dads are like - but to just go off right at the people who were supposed to be helping him? No matter how strong he is, my dad would have probably knocked him on the head and taught him a lesson, eh?” he added with a large grin.

What the lion said wasn’t far off from the truth, though. It was true that their realm was founded on lengthy negotiations that usually kept the separate nomadic tribes and clans in line. If not, battles and rights over what scarce resources they had would have run rampant already. Sure, once or twice a negotiation fell and the tribes had to do something about it, but they never escalated enough to call them wars.

As Tor sat down and reclined against a wall, he looked at his friend. He really hoped that Pelagrius felt better now - it didn’t feel good to have his best friend angry or irritated at him.

“So…uh…” Tor started, although he really had nothing to follow it up with. Goliath’s whole rant seemed to have been about what they were doing here, and in truth, he knew that he was the reason they were even there in the first place. The Zudomon held back a grimace. He got them into quite a bit of a mess…or a big giant stinking dump, more like.

And so he defaulted reflexively to a familiar topic, placing a cheery tone in his voice. “Those ladies were pretty sexy, huh?” And at the back of his mind, he slapped his face and placed a foot in his mouth. Talking to a girl was what he got Pelly to get angry with him in the first place.

-​

Demo followed Goliath out the moment the lion man ran out. Among the Ronin, he was one of the least injured. He would never thank the Metal Empire for granting him a body that was relentlessly strong and powerful, that could withstand explosions and blunt force that would be the envy of any hardened veteran, but it did come in useful.

“Master Goliath, wait for me!” he called out as he ran after him. It really didn’t help that he had much shorter legs than him, and it didn’t really help that every ten or so feet, he almost tripped and had to regain his balance before continuing on.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Outside Conclave Barrack

Sura couldn't help but smile. Her brother was relaxing at last. The last times he slept, he didn't look so calm going into dreamland. But this time, he just let his eyelids shut themselves as he drifted off to sleep. But not without a scoff before he finally did drift into it. That made her chuckle. Her brother knew she was watching. Both of them always knew when the other was watching them. It always touched her that they were so close despite not being blood siblings. She watched a little longer. But she was so focused in her thoughts that she didn't realize that she was blocking the entrance until it was too late.

"O-oh!"

"Ack!"

She stepped back from the sudden push. She shook her head and then looked at the culprit ready to tear it out, only for that to dissapear when she saw the Valkyrimon that bumped into her was just as surprised as well, raising her hands almost defensively.

"I-I'm sorry. I was just...just heading out. I hope I didn't hurt you," she said with slight worry.

Sura blinked. It seems the humanoid bird was distracted or was wrapped up in her thoughts. Then there was the worry in her voice. It reminded her of Homer. She stood up straight and smiled. There was no reason to chew her out.

She patted the Valkyrimon's shoulder as gently as she could. Although in the back of her mind, she probably failed at that.

"Hey, think nothing of it. We were both distracted."

Then she remembered the last part of the girl's sentence.

Her smile became more prideful as she put the hand she used to pat the Ronin's shoulder on her chest with a fist.

"Hurt me?" She put bpth her hands by her hips. "You'd have to send a legion of Megas before you can hurt me."

Sura blinked again. In the fight earlier, she was facing lots of Wargreymon at once, and those were Megas.

She thought out loud, "Huh, that'd explain why I got hurt so badly." She looked at her back as best as one can. "And having a dent on my back."

The helmet like body part on her back was covering some of said dent, but it was still rather noticeable.

She looked back at the Valkyrimon. She opened her mouth to say something but then closed it. She didn't know her name, and it was because the Valkyrimon didn't seem like much of a challenge. That made feel a little embarrassed. That wasn't a really good reason not to remember your allies' names.

"What's your name? I kinda didn't remember everybody's names..."

She was sure Homer knew all of the names, but didn't exactly memorize them.

She waited for the--she just realized--young Digimon to introduce herself at her own pace. She said her name was Seneca but was called Nika more often.

Sura put back her smile. "Heh, then we have something in common. My name's Suranuras but 'mons call me Sura most of the time." She looked to her sleeping brother. "And that there is my kuya Homer."

"You're from Astral Order, right? Kuya really liked reading about it. From what I hear, he'd probably fit right in. He really likes learning about stuff."

She realized that she rambled a bit. Nika probably didn't really expect that from her.

Sura gave a short laugh and rubbed her head a little sheepishly. "I guess I really wanted to talk to someone other than kuya," she joked, stopping her rubbing and letting it hang by her side.

"Is there something you need help with? You look like my kuya when he really wants to do something but doesn't know how," she asked with a sincere smile.

She really hoped that she didn't give the wrong impression. She wasn't exactly "the face" of her unofficial group and between her and Homer, Homer was better in talking to new people. She was better at cheering up and encouraging friends--and insulting enemies.

PeeGee

ROAWR!
The Verdant Conclave, was different to say the least. Gabrielle had been there before on her travels as a priestess in training. She had enjoyed it, though the circumstances were very different to what they were now. She kept her eyes on the insects swarming amongst the trees, Gabrielle hoped that Goliath and Ajax had led them into a safe zone, but she was ready to fight if it came to it.

Look at me she thought I only just finished fighting and I already want to go again. It's almost laughable.

The group was met by a Lilamon and Lilymon X, who lead them somewhere they would be unseen by prying eyes. As she followed, Gabrielle couldn't help but compare the situation to being sent away to a briefing before being sent out to do the Legion's work. Honestly, it was almost comforting, something Gabrielle would never admit out loud.

------

"Wow, look at that," said Namine as the group entered the Conclave.

Having spent her entire life in the Blue Coalition meant that she didn't have much experience dealing with so much greenery. So essentially for her it was a visual feast. She abandoned Gaius, the first time that she had so for quite a while, just so that she could fly around the treetops. She didn't think that the locals seemed too pleased about it, but whatever, it wasn't exactly like she was going to be spending very long in it.

When they group got to the barracks, Namine wanted to stay outside and explore her new environment more, but she knew that she couldn't. Perhaps she could fine someone new to introduce herself to?

------

Gaius let out a content sigh as he felt the aches and bruises from the battle disappear, and he even thought that it might have helped his arthritis, he actually felt quite calm. Maybe it had something to do with that brat Namine not being there. It felt quite nice actually, Gaius could definitely get used to it.

Unfortunately for Gauis, it wasn't his day. He was ripped out of his little calm mindspace by Ajax and Goliath yelling at each other. The Jijimon rolled his eyes, which he thought was concealed by his eyebrows.

"Looks like some classic macho posturing to me," he muttered, watching Ajax storm out after Goliath punched him. "Can't even take a punch like a man. Kids these days."

He wasn't impressed by Goliath's outburst either, when Gaius was younger he wouldn't ever consider doing something unruly in front of those he was meant to be leading. Granted, Gaius's memories of those days wasn't that great and he probably did so at some point. But it was besides the point, Goliath's attitude was just completely unprofessional.

"Bloody kids these days."

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Verdant Conclave
Haven of Setessa
Old Barracks

Jaeger watched Goliath leave, biting back his retort and criticism. It vexed him to no end, seeing Goliath stumble his way through leadership - especially with how often he made a misstep. Jaeger was always thinking six steps ahead - more when were really at stake - and he couldn't comprehend why Goliath wouldn't do the same.

It made no sense; Goliath had the mind for tactics and foresight, but he preferred not employing it. He was being entirely too much like Surrak; limiting himself to the here and the now rather than thinking in the long-term. That worked well enough for Surrak - he embodied that thinking, embraced it and turned everything else away. But Goliath couldn't afford to do that. He needed to be more.

“Emmy!” she said a few minutes after the ball of wrath left. She grabbed the BantyoLilimon’s hand with her own and smiled widely. “Come on, come on, come on! Let’s go to the old flower gardens! I growed it all by myself since you went away, and it’s all so big now!” she said as she tried to pull her away, her unnatural strength showing as she was able to drag the other floral Digimon away from the rest.

"Lili. Stop," Emmara said, her voice stern; she hadn't quite decompressed from her Goliath-aimed outburst, Jaeger realized. "What exactly are you talking about?" Emmara asked, turning to Jaeger. "When you said Goliath needed to ask us something."

"That's for him to decide," Jaeger said simply. "But if he doesn't, then we need to decide."

"Decide what?" Surrak asked.

"Whether we remain as we are, or become something more," Jaeger answered.

"Don't need advice from a toy wolf," Ulysses muttered under his breath, prompting a shushing elbow from Emmara.

"If I were going to leave, I'd have left by now," Surrak said, his voice hard. "I've decided this. My fight continues. With or without Goliath. With or without any of you." He clenched his fist and growled. "There is no greater opponent than the Metal Empire.

"She feels the same," he said, motioning to Gabrielle, the SlashAngemon.

Jaeger was stunned; it wasn't often that Surrak ever considered the sentiments of another; it wasn't often that he even cared to acknowledge anyone besides himself. It wasn't selfishness or self-importance as Jaeger first thought, but an extreme sense of self-awareness and confidence.

"Oh yeah?" Ulysses scoffed.

"She's a fighter," Surrak said, full of confidence. Jaeger's eyes widened, almost imperceptibly. There was no higher praise from Surrak.

What went unsaid was Surrak's scathing condemnation of the rest of the Ronin, 'Unlike some of you.' Jaeger caught the split-second look of disappointment Surrak sent Seneca's way. The dragon hated stumbling apologies, and she'd just let loose a string of them.

Goliath, Emmara, Ulysses, Ajax, Gabrielle, Jasper...maybe the Empire siblings, maybe Titus. Those were the only ones - save for him and Surrak himself - which the Dragonclaw paid any sort of mind to.

"And you'd take your fight to the Empire?" Emmara asked, her hand still gripping Lilina's. "To everyone there?"

"Dunno," Surrak admitted. "I'm not a leader. I just know when there's a fight to be had; when there's an enemy in front of me. And I'll fight until there isn't."

==\==/==

Verdant Conclave
Haven of Setessa
Outskirts

Ajax rubbed his jaw. He'd called it a "free shot" and he hadn't defended himself, but damn, Goliath had moved so fast. And he was as strong as Ajax remembered. Stronger maybe. And so he'd stormed off; not because of any obligation, but because he didn't want to fight Goliath. That wasn't why he traveled as far as he did.

He walked through the outskirts of Setessa into the dizzying underbrush. It was late and raining, though very few raindrops were able to breach the massive bulwark of leaves and branches overhead. It left Setessa in a perpetual state of mist and cool fog.

"Stupid Goliath," Ajax muttered. He tried putting his mind to something else; focusing on his meditative techniques, focusing on the rhythmic crunch of leaves beneath his feet, or the sound of grinding gears and crashing steel.

Wait.

Ajax stopped and turned into the fog, and all of a sudden the sound was everywhere; the ever-present wail of machinery. Something enormous and crimson pushed through, and Ajax found himself staring face-to-face with a massive Chaosdramon. The huge red dragon came to a sudden halt, towering over the knight.

"Step aside," he ordered, his voice like the roar of an engine.

"When two travelers come across each other on a road they should always introduce themselves," Ajax said. His heart pounded in his chest. He all but knew who this monster of a machine was. But he needed time to think. Time to--

"I am Bolas," the Chaosdramon said, his voice dripping with contempt and disdain. "Commander of the Emperor's Crack Team. And who are you, little knight? Realmless, maybe?"

"No. Just a traveler. No one of any importance by comparison," Ajax said with a sweeping bow. "I yield the road to you, Commander."

Nicol Bolas let out a derisive laugh and thundered off into the fog towards Setessa, leading scores of Empire soldiers in his wake. They were slow, but they'd find Setessa in minutes. Goliath and his Ronin would be torn to shreds.

They needed warning.

Ajax sped ahead, dashing through the forest beside the Crack Team, quickly overtaking them. He wheeled about and skidded to a stop in front of Nicol Bolas once again.

"Another?" Bolas snarled.

"No. I'm the same guy," Ajax said, standing defiantly. He had one shot. Once chance to warn Goliath and the others - all of Setessa. "But, you see, I was wrong."

Bolas raised his claw. "I tire of interruptions."

"See. I forgot to mention something," Ajax said. He raised the Dunas lance. "In fact, I am Realmless."

Nicol Bolas roared, a sound that echoed through the ranks of the Crack Team.

"I. Am. Wyvern!"

And the Verdant Conclave was lit crimson by burning fuel and dragonfire.

Solsabre

The Reforged Soul
Titus the Saviorhuckmon
Inside the Conclave Barracks --> ??

A wave of soothing coolness washed over him, easing the throbbing and fiery pain from his wounds to a dull reminder. He drifted in limbo for moments, before struggling to return to full consciousness. It wasn’t until the shouting and old commotion that finally snapped Titus to alertness and remembering his surroundings.

Groggily, Titus pushed himself up into a reclined position with his good arm. At the same time, he shook his head to a fussing Sawyer, who tried unsuccessfully to get the Saviorhuckmon to lie back down.

“You picked a swell time to return to the land of the living,” Sawyer muttered, gesturing to the heating conversation between Goliath and the original Ronins. “You just missed Big Red stomp out.” A realization clicked in the Garabagemon’s eyes. “Eh, he was probably the one causing the fireworks at the end of the last battle now that I think about it.

Titus frowned slightly. He couldn’t recall offhand any of the other Ronins matching Sawyer’s description. Sovereigns, he probably already had a colorful label for each individual here.

Goliath’s sudden declaration drew both friends’ attention to the front of the barracks. The Ronin leader’s gaze caught each of theirs as he laid out his challenge.

An old buried memory of a devastating duel -ankam- at Skarrg unburied itself. He lost his only connection to the hordes that day. Titus did his grieving, but afterwards he was a stranger amongst brothers and sisters. From his mentor, Rheagos, he inherited his legacy, not the Fury, but rather a code of conduct. No other member in his adopted horde shared the old Horde Chief’s stance wholeheartedly. A Huckmon then, he'd latched onto it like a moth to flame.

"I'll tell you why I'm here," Goliath declared. "Because there is a corruption in this world. A sickness eating away at everything we hold dear. It is stifling. And every one of you feels it the same."

Goliath's words echoed Titus's quiet unspoken thoughts. He'd traveled through most, not all, of the realms and observed the patterns of Eon's societies. Only in more recent years did an uneasiness nag at him. Something was coming. Something was going to happen. It rattled him in a deep part of his mind, but he'd put it aside at the time to instead focus on the present.

"I can't tell you if it comes from one Digimon or an entire Realm. But I know it's the Empire. And the Realmpact, which was supposed to keep us safe and protected now does nothing more than provide excuses for why the Empire can act with impunity, and why everyone else is suffering."

However, he and Sawyer had been witness to the aftermath of Empire justice many times before joining the Ronins. Sawyer's normal animated personality had been subdued. For Titus, a dam cracked in his even-tempered fury. The Old Code, his raison d'être, demanded his life and skill to respond in kind. In all the years the Saviorhuckmon wandered, he'd never walked in any direction for a particular reason. Instead at one moment, Titus changed his path in very specific direction and marched relentlessly, as if he was being pulled along, for a couple of days till both digimon came upon the Ronins.

Poor Sawyer, he had tailed along confused and unable to get a word out of his friend for those few days.

Titus glanced at the Garbagemon, considering Sawyer's unusual willingness to stay. The dragon knight was prepared to risk his own life in the probable and exhaustive battles. His only regret was dragging Sawyer into the fray. He knew Sawyer's life at Argentum had been...difficult. Titus never pressed for details, he respected the Garbagemon's wishes to not speak of it.

Sitting upright with a grunt and swinging his armored legs over the edge of the cot, Titus promised himself to see Sawyer safely through the events to come. For a moment, he almost spoke aloud to voice his commitment, when another argument broke out among the Ronin resulting in several members, including Goliath, departing from the barracks in a hurry.

"Whelp, there goes boss cat, we're doom." Sawyer muttered, giving sarcastic commentary to the scene at hand.

Titus shook his head, scratching a tired hand his helm. His wounds had healed completely, the armor on his shoulder and leg armor restored to its pristine silver shine. Only a lingering soreness remained of his otherwise serious injuries.

The Saviorhuckmon stretched the healed muscle relieve its stiffness. As he did so, his head jerked hard to the right, he stared hard at a random point on the wall with a distance look to his eyes. Suddenly he stood, tense and rigid, the soreness he felt before forgotten.

To Sawyer, he said but two words, "Be Ready."

In an unhurried pace, he strode past the gathered Ronin without a word. He left the barracks behind, an invisible force pulling him to a seemingly incidental point through the forest to anyone watching him. Titus knew not why he traveled in the direction he did or what he may come across, only he would face it. The Saviorhuckmon broke out into a run, his blue mantle fluttering behind him, towards a building red glow through the trees.

----------------------------------
Sawyer the Garbagemon
Inside the Conclave Barracks

Sawyer watched wide-eyed at Titus's abrupt exit from the barracks. Only after a few seconds, did the silver knight's cryptic words register. His regular pink skin blanched white.

"Ah, sh*t! I hate it when he does that," Sawyer exclaimed loudly. Biting back his nervousness, he darted among the Ronins still bickering.

"Yo, Windbags!" Yep, real good way to get their attention. He was sure to get step on into a puddle of sludge 'accidently' in the coming days. Sawyer jumped up and down on short legs, waving his arms around urgently hoping to get their attention. "I, uhh, think we've got a situation."

Slag it, Finn! That instinct of yours better be spot on still! Otherwise everyone's going to think I'm crazy idiot! Oh, to hell with it, they probably already do.

Not bothering to see if anyone was listening (or before squishing him)or explaining further, Sawyer scrambled to the doorway.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
OOC: Probably not needed, but I feel lile saying it anyway, Tundra, you can still react to Sura's rambling. XP

---

Homer Suga the Dynasmon
Inside Old Barrack -> Somewhere in Setessa

Being trained in combat almost always has positive results. The training itself might be tiring or, as Sura would put it, suck, the end product will be better off, with better reflexes, observance and attacks. But was if you were trained completely. One may be able to do it, but if done in excess or incorrectly, it might be as bad as not having been trained at all. This was what Homer thought when he heard the sound of someone getting startled and the voice of his sister exclaiming from something. The sound made him jolt awake and look outside, only for the Valkyrimon to stutter out an apology. Homer slumped back against the wall when Sura was being her cheery self, saying she was fine and it'd take more than a bump to hurt her, in her own joking way.

Homer sighed. He didn't feel so tired anymore. Granted, he was feeling just a tiny bit groggy from having woken himself suddenly, he felt more energized than he did earlier. It seemed all he needed was a quick nap. That made him wonder how much time has passed since the fight though. Has it been an entire day since the fight? He didn't really keep track, especially with the switch from complete darkness to bright light courtesy of Vale. He still needed to thank the bird for coming in the middle of the fight. Even if he didn't intend it, he was still grateful the Crowmon showed up.

His thoughts were interupted by Jeager, and eventually Surrak, talking with Emmara, who was trying to stop her sister from taking her outside. He would've spent his focus on the Lillymon X, noting that for being so young, her, presumably, older sister had to put some effort into stopping the flower Digimon from outright dragging her. But what Jeager and Surrak said made Homer wonder what did the mecha wolf mean by, as Emmara cited, "When Goliath needed to ask us something." He didn't know what made Goliath storm out in the first place and he assumed it was because of himself. But from what the flower Bancho said, it worried him a little.

He already decided to stick by Goliath's side, but did that mean the others were not coming? He didn't want to think that. If they split up, those inexperienced in surviving through tooth and claw would surely die. Then there's the fact that the Metal Empire was hunting them, making their chances of surviving alone dwindle to a near zero. He sighed and shook his head. Sura was right, he worried so much he repeated the worse case scenario many times. But his fears didn't lessen when the formed Empire wolf said in response to another sentence Emmara said.

"Whether we remain as we are, or become something more."

More? What could be more than a group of rebels? Maybe trained and experienced rebels, which meant they were more likely to at least survive. Or, he hoped, a more closely knit group who looked out for each other. The latter, he knew, was unlikely, given the varrying personalities. But he's seen how well a group of friends could do, what Sura and her friends could do. Despite being so small, and being a bit of an oddball group in the D-Brigade, they managed to take down their fair share of unbelievable opponents. Particularly Sura and Fridge, fighting together as if they were one. The wolf probably had a different idea on what could be more than what they are now.

His worry for "the team's" plans on sticking together were put on hold when a faint sound of something akin to an explosion was heard, followed by the SaviorHuckmon dashed out the room. He looked out the door when the dragon knight left. Sura was looking where he went off as well. He knew they were thinking the same thing. Someone speeding off after a resounding blast meant only one thing, no matter how sane one think might think they are.

Trouble was coming.

"Sorry Nica, it really was nice talking to you," his sister said with actual dissapointment in her voice. Then she continued with enthusiasm and a toothy grin, "But trouble's found us, and I intend to smash them all."

She sped off in the same direction Titus was going after that. Homer stood up, only faintly hearing Seneca and Sawyer as he flew to where his sister went off. But then he realized something. Where was Goliath? Dang it! he thought. He hoped Goliath saw the bright flare. If that was the D-Brigade again, they're going to need an actual plan, or Goliath's going to die this time. And even if it wasn't Arcades and his team, they still needed a leader, someone they all had to listen to, or the team will get worse. That was the point of a leader, why, even the Hordes and the Unbowed, had a leader. Homer will see to it personally that things will get better, that they will work together. Even if he wasn't that close to them, he will not lose another family, as dysfuntional as it is.

He snarled, his determination strengthening and his new dragon instinct flaring.

Never again.

Last edited:
It had taken surprisingly long for Nika to introduce herself to the seemingly hyperactive and energetic female that she had bumped into. It had barely been half a minute, and the golden Digimon had already taken control of their conversation, even referring to her brother - a vaguely familiar figure to her even though she knew she was looking at someone else. Someday, she might have to use that very form herself, despite her doubts and fears. Maybe even because of them.

The sound of her old home’s name brought her back to the conversation. “Oh, yes, I am. And I’m not quite sure about that,” she said, referring to Homer’s place in the Astral Order. “We’re brought up in a strict education organization, and from what I remember talking with my friends, we end up studying about things most of us aren’t really interested in, though I was called a bit of a workaholic myself back then,” she explained with a small smile.

"Is there something you need help with? You look like my kuya when he really wants to do something but doesn't know how," she asked with a sincere smile.

Maybe it was her expression. Maybe it was her tone of voice. ‘Or maybe I’m just that obvious,’ Seneca thought to herself with a mental faceslap. But it did help.

“Actually, I was wondering if anyone would like to come with me to see what other things the Verdant Conclave had to offer,” she told the other female with her own warm smile. “It’s just recently, but I’ve decided to see learn as much about the other Realms as much as I can, especially since what we’re doing is indirectly trying to save them too. Somewhat.”

And with that, she started walking, albeit not too far from the base, a possible friend at her side.

-​

After a while, it seemed like Goliath’s stomping walk had slowed down enough for Demo to walk after him comfortably. Even then, the Mamemon could still feel the aura of ire that surrounded the lion man Digimon like a thin veil. It would have sent any other lesser Digimon running. Maybe even more than them. But definitely not Demo. He owed the man his life after all, and he had decided to follow this man until both their goals were reached or die trying.

Demo didn’t know what the others thought of this. He knew that on some occasions, they threw him a piteous glance, watching him run after their leader time and time again like a puppy running after its mother. Maybe he had gotten a few when he ran after Goliath just moments before. Not like he cared. They could think that all they want, but they weren’t going to change the way he felt. Towards Goliath. Towards the Metal Empire.

Even at that moment, he could still feel the condensed ball of rage inside him that threatened to burst whenever he saw anything that reminded him of the Realm. Even his other former Empire colleagues occasionally wanted to make him break down a wall in rage. He supposed that meant that he understood their leader’s rage the most. He had felt a piece of the ‘corruption’ inside the seemingly perfect Realm himself. Maybe the other Metal Empire outcasts had as well - why else would they have come all the way out with them to fight a force stronger than nature itself? What was their reason for fighting.

He knew his reason for fighting. He thought that Goliath knew as well. He did make a vow to him before, after all. And yet he still asked him why he left the Empire. Maybe he needed to remind him.

“Goliath!” he suddenly called out, stopping himself. He waited until the lion man gave an indication that he was listening, “You asked everyone why they left the Realms. You asked me why I left the Empire.” He let a moment of silence between them pass.

“I didn’t leave the Empire. I, who was born and bred to be one of their ideals, was thrown out and cast away by their so-called perfect soldiers,” he said, clenching his fists tight. The dent on his once-perfectly round body ached. “They show a big façade of perfection while hiding the truth. Its pristine walls and sleek coverings only serve to hide the ugly and marred face that it hides from the rest of the world - that it does away with any and all that doesn’t fit their model utopia. That underneath their image of supremacy lies a greedy and gluttonous monster. The others might not agree, but it’s true that Empire is corrupted to its core.”

Demo was so close to letting loose. He could feel the need to break something - anything - and rip it to shreds until nothing was left. But he was patient. He could save it until he found some other Empire crony to let loose on. For now, there was still some other things to say.

“I follow you because you saved my life. I follow you because your goal to destroy the Metal Empire is also mine,” he then said with a resolute voice. “If the Metal Empire has to change, then it first has to be brought to the ground, because leaving any part of it behind will just leave a piece of infection that will take over everything else. And I swear upon my life that nothing will stop me from reaching that goal.”

Demo’s usual look of admiration and respect then turned dark, eyeing the back of Goliath’s head. “And while I say this with due respect, Goliath, but even though I say that, the moment you turn away from the outcasts - that you turn away what they consider is trash - is the moment you become one of them,” he told him with a hard voice. “And the moment you do is the day I either bring you back from your own corruption…or die trying.”

The Mamemon swallowed. He had said much. And then he got on one knee, bowing his head and placing his fist on the ground. “But until then, my life is yours to do what you will - for the sake of bringing the Metal Empire do-”

He stopped. He raised his head and looked at a seemingly random direction.

Demo Xenorius could feel it. His rage was spiking and his fist trembled on the ground, clenching harder. If he weren’t made of metal, blood would have been flowing freely from his gloved fist.

“They’re here!”

-​

Nika wasn’t sure how long she and Sura had been walking and talking. They were barely any other Verdant Conclave inhabitants to talk to, and what few she was able to speak with didn’t seem interested in answering any of her questions or enlightening her about the realm. It was turning out to be a fruitless venture, so far.

The Valkyrimon sighed and shook her head. “This isn’t as easy as I thought it would be,” she said to herself, although she was sure Sura could hear her as well. “Everyone here is so apprehensive of us. Not that I can blame them, but it shouldn’t be so hard to get at least a little information, and I’m not even talking about anything personal. I just want to know about the Verdant Conclave,” she complained, folding her arms. It had been a while since she felt annoyed.

She then turned to Sura. “Still, thank you for the company,” she said with a small smile. “Maybe sometime you can tell me about the Metal Empire too. Apart from what everyone else has been saying, at least,” she added with a thoughtful look.

And then she realized that Sura looked a bit distracted.

"Sorry Nika, it really was nice talking to you," his sister said with actual dissapointment in her voice. Then she continued with enthusiasm and a toothy grin, "But trouble's found us, and I intend to smash them all." And before Nika could ask what she meant, the OmniShoutmon ran off, leaving her confused.

“Wait, pardon!?” Senecca blinked, wondering where she was headed off to. And then she saw another figure - Titus - running in the same direction. For half a second, she wondered where were running. The rest of it was spent realizing that there was an unnatural red glow at that very same direction.

“Oh no,” she whispered, terror gripping at her heart once more. “They found us.”

-​

In the room of gathered Ronin, a scream was suddenly let out. It was one so loud that Sawyer’s words were drowned out. Everyone who had a set of ears - no matter how bad - could easily trace it to the Lilymon X near the center of the room.

Emmara was the first to respond, grabbing ahold of her sister’s shoulders in surprise. “Lina! Lilina!” she yelled, trying to get her sister to look at her. “What’s wrong?” she asked in worry. The Lilymon X was odd and quirky, but she never screamed like that out of nowhere before.

“It’s hurting!” Lilina let out, her eyes suddenly wild with fright. “The forest is in pain!”

Emmara’s brows furrowed in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

“Red! Fire!” Lilina moaned as she struggled to get out of Emmara’s grip. “I need to go!”

“W-wait! Lilina! What’re you-“

Even the BantyoLilymon’s powerful strength couldn’t restrain the X-powered Digimon for long. The plant fairy Digimon shoved her sister away - an aggressive act that was more surprising than her screaming - and gave her a look - possibly an apologetic one, but she hadn’t had one in so long that even Emmara couldn’t tell. “I have to help!” Lilina declared right before she flew out of the room, drawing everyone’s attention to her.

Emmara ran after her, stopping right at the entrance and calling out, “LILINA!” She looked at where the Lilymon X flew towards, and she suddenly understood. She didn’t know how her sister knew, but she could see it. It could have just been a random fire. It could have been an accident. Except when it came to fire - the Verdant Conclave never made accidents.

She turned around to the room.

“Ronin! Get ready for battle!” she said, her eyes intense. “The Metal Empire’s here!”

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Outside Conclave Barrack -> Somewhere in Setessa -> Heading to Wherever the Fire is

She heard Nika mentioned in the middle of her ramble that the Astral Order was rather strict in what one had to study and they would unlikely study what they liked. She figured as much. Homer said his father told him that he wished he could be part of the Astral Order, if it wasn't so strict. That didn't stop her from thinking that Homer wouldn't fit in. He worked well in his former job, for the most part. It had its restrictions, and he pulled through to study or spar with whatever spare time he had. But she also felt Surrak's very, very brief glare. She knew it was directed at Nika, because she knew the feel of that glare anywhere, even if she wasn't looking at said glarer.

The look of someone not liking or even hating the other's behavior. She knows it all too well from Dr. Arvo. But she pulled herself from putting a frown when she remembered that Nika said she was often called a workaholic back then. That made her smile with amusement. Her brother wasn't exactly a workaholic himself, but when he was reading about cultures of other Realms, he'd often fall asleep on his desk, having spent the whole night reading. And Sura would have Fridge carry him back to bed while she handled the early morning parts of Homer's job. She wasn't exactly good with the paperwork part, but she loved talking to the subjects.

That made her smile a little smaller. She always thought that the only reason why they took in young ones was because they were orphaned before they were taken in. That might've been true with some, but now she knows their parents would've most likely been killed by the ones who took them in. But they seemed so happy when she talked to them. She wondered if those in the obedience program was designed for that, to make them think that. But there were good Digimon within the steel kingdom, otherwise she wouldn't be way she is now. Homer, Fridge, Agura, Driffun, Kris especially since she too was born in the Empire and was trained exactly for the D-Brigade...they were good, because look where she is now. Fighting the hidden corruption.

She was pulled back to reality when Nika answered her question.

“Actually, I was wondering if anyone would like to come with me to see what other things the Verdant Conclave had to offer,” she told Sura with a warm smile. “It’s just recently, but I’ve decided to see learn as much about the other Realms as much as I can, especially since what we’re doing is indirectly trying to save them too. Somewhat.”

Sura's amused smile returned. Even if this girl wasn't going to be much of a match if ever they get the chance, she cared for others, and wanted to learn, just like Homer. She was going to like this girl, she just knew it. Even if she'll get annoyed with Nika or vice versa once in a while.

The two walked off to look for Digimon to ask. They weren't too far from the barrack though, as she could still see it in the distance, albeit it was small from said distance. Nika wasn't having much success in getting information out of Digimon though. Even non-personal or tactical information like, "What folk songs do you do in Conclave?" or "How do you take care of the trees?" or Conclave's history weren't answered. She's pretty sure that answering those won't lead to a tactical advantage. After all, how does knowing how to take care of a tree going to help you defeat your enemy? Unless you're from Conclave itself, it's unlikely that one can use trees offensive without killing them by uprooting it and using it as a projectile.

Then she remembered once again that she was at Conclave's borders before, and that OmniShoutmon made up part of the Metal Emperor. Maybe that's why they're not budging. They probably wouldn't have known she was formally a part of the Empire, but they might have a suspiscion of that seeing as she's an OmniShoutmon. Then one more thought crossed her mind, how she viewed the Realmless before. Terrorists. Extremists. Rebels. Murderers. All the horrible things you could think of was what they called the Realmless. Even Agura, who didn't take things all too seriously that much, would focus greatly whenever they fought them, saying, "Fight against the Realmpact, then you fight against me!"

The Valkyrimon's sigh made Sura look to her as she shook her head.

“This isn’t as easy as I thought it would be,” she said mostly to herself. “Everyone here is so apprehensive of us. Not that I can blame them, but it shouldn’t be so hard to get at least a little information, and I’m not even talking about anything personal. I just want to know about the Verdant Conclave,” she complained, folding her arms.

She wasn't so sure if she heard, but she said it anyway.

"Well...before I joined up with you guys, me, my gang and my brother thought the Realmless were crazy extremists, so they might be thinking something like that."

She had no reason not to say what she used to think. That was before, this was now. But she hoped she hadn't inadvertedly insulted or hurt the Valkyrimon. She hadn't exactly said it in a dissapointed way and more "matter of fact."

Nika then turned to Sura. “Still, thank you for the company,” she said with a small smile. “Maybe sometime you can tell me about the Metal Empire too. Apart from what everyone else has been saying, at least,"

"Yeah, sure. I wouldn't mind telling that. Might help find a flawed spot we could take advantage of since I used to be with the D-Brigade," she said, although she mentally facepalmed after she did, realizing she just might've shocked the bird Digimon and lessened their chances of finding someone willing to talk.

But her thoughts were quickly changed at the sound of a roar, followed by the faint sound of an explosion. She whirled her head in the direction of the noise and saw a red light out in the distance.

And the smell of dragonfire burning.

"Sorry Nika, it really was nice talking to you," she said with a frown. She enjoyed talking with the girl.

But it turned into a grin just as quickly. "But trouble's found us, and I intend to smash them all."

She sped off, hoping that was enough warning for the young one. Her brother, she didn't need to worry about that much. He could fight just fine. She didn't see Nika in the last fight though, and she doesn't look like she'd be confident enough to face danger head on. That meant she was support, one way or another. That meant she'd be more helpful afar, while the others faced off their opponents. Sura didn't mind that at all, everyone has a fighting style that suited them best. She just hopes that she can keep the enemies far from her. She'd never forgive herself if she let someone else die when she could've stopped it.

And she also hoped her want to fight didn't make her give a lousy warning, but right now, she had to do what she did best.

She had to smash and burn.

Last edited:

PeeGee

ROAWR!
(I'm just posting for Gabrielle at the moment, Gaius and Namine should come sometime tomorrow)

Gabrielle was lost in thought, her mind tumbling over the question that Goliath had asked them. Why was she here? Why had she left the Eternal Legion, what had made her decide to leave that all behind, abandon her family and her 'friends'. Why did she leave the fighting? That really was the question that she needed to ask herself. Gabrielle would have been a liar if she said that she hadn't enjoyed becoming the killing machine she was. The way that it felt when her blade would cleave through her enemies, the feel of her blades effortlessly blocking an attack. The sound of metal on metal, the warm of her attacks destroying her enemies. Her programming was strong, is strong. Sure Gabrielle had managed to break free somewhat, after all she was with the Realmless after all, but the rest of it was still running strong.

The day that she had left was not one of her finest, Gabrielle sadly had to admit. The way that things ended was awful, not exactly one of her finest moments. She'd had a dispute with one of her higher ups, the fact that she had even spoken out of turn was probably the catalyst for her leaving. She'd had doubts about the Realmless, she's started to have second thoughts about how they were considered to be traitors. Gabrielle had brought it up with some of her fellow relentless killing machines told them of her misgivings. Unfortunately, one of her higher ups had overheard what she said. It... did not end pleasantly in the slightest. She was set to be disciplined and for the first time since the Asuramon had helped her seal away her emotions, she refused orders. Gabrielle defied the orders of her higher ups and left the Eternal Legion. She barely thought at all during her, well, her escape. It wasn't until she had well and truly done irreparable damage that she realised what she had done, that a sliver of her compassionate personality from way back before had slipped through.

The Lilymon X's screams were quick to gain Gabrielle's attention, snapping her out of her thoughts and bringing her back to reality. She looked on with a mixture of horror and intrigue as the flower digimon babbled about the forest being on fire and in pain, hurting, as if she herself were feeling the same pain that the Conclave was. It was truly a bizarre thing to see.

"That's unusual," she muttered to herself, "I've never seen anything like that before. I wonder how she does that? There must be some form of connection between the two."

Gabrielle made a note to investigate at a later time. The Lilymon X left the barracks and the BanchouLilymon, Emmara Gabrielle thought her name was, turned to the Realmless still inside and told them that the Empire was here. Immediately Gabrielle went into fight mode. She walked out of the barracks, immediately noticing the red glow off in the distance.

She took to the sky, not waiting to see if anyone else was following her. Gabrielle had no choice, she had seen enough death and destruction for a life time. She refused to let anything else happen, she was sick and tired of it and she wore on her blade that she would do anything she could to stop the Empire.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Pelagius watched as Ajax, and then Homer, Goliath, and Demo stormed out of the building.

The red and white sea serpent released a sigh of relief when most of the agitators had left. He always hated heated, adrenaline-fueled confrontations. He was never into the yelling, fighting, or chest-beating. The way that Pelly was brought up was to solve conflict through dialogue and compromise. It came with being a son of a Deeplord, who often had to deal with the Boreals and other foreign dignitaries. That was how he preferred to deal with crises and disagreements. He supposed Digimon from the Horde and Unbowed Clans dealt with disagreements in a very different manner.

However, he was fully aware that among Digimon like the Realmless, he probably came across as not having a backbone. He hated to admit it, but maybe it was true in some regards.

Pelagius was a bit shocked at how strongly Homer had reacted. He seemed fairly even-headed when he had been talking to him. While the MegaSeadramon didn't have an opinion on who was right or wrong on that whole argument between Goliath and Ajax, he guessed that Goliath must have struck a nerve with the Dynasmon somehow.

“Well, he’s just a ball of fun, isn’t he? I mean, I knew the instant I saw him that he was the short-tempered type - far from what our dads are like - but to just go off right at the people who were supposed to be helping him? No matter how strong he is, my dad would have probably knocked him on the head and taught him a lesson, eh?” he added with a large grin.

"Uh, yeah..." Pelagius responded with a rather forced smile. He rested on his thick coils and glanced forward again.

“So…uh…” Tor began before trailing off awkwardly. Pelly felt a bit guilty; he couldn't respond as positively as he would have liked. He was still on edge from the argument, not to mention the whole massive battle earlier.

“Those ladies were pretty sexy, huh?” Tor spoke up again.

Pelagius couldn't help but roll his eyes. "Yeah. Sexy," he responded in a dry, deadpan voice, although there was a hint of a smile in the corners of his lips. To be honest, he felt comfort in the fact that Tor was with him, making his dumb jokes. If he wasn't, he probably would have left for home long ago. "I swear that's all you think about."

However, his smile faded and he looked over at the Zudomon. "So... Sorry for snapping earlier. I guess I was pretty highly-strung..." he admitted. His blue eyes dipped down and then looked away with shame. "But... I'm worried, Tor..."

-

Why would you leave the Order? Why throw away every lofted idea you believed in for the chance to die in the mud?

"Why, indeed?" Valerius breathed.

He stood alone in the forest, staring off into the distance and fully aware that he was being watched by insect guards. The Crowmon tucked his wings against his sides snugly.

Goliath's words repeated over and over in his head. He still couldn't come up with a good, logical reason why he was here. He had joined the Ronin to see why Toby had been so ardent about working with these Digimon. He had hoped that he would find an answer. However, he only found himself more confused.

He had watched as the scene in the barracks unfolded. With his adept eyes, he saw the exact moment that Goliath's fist connected with Ajax's face. The moments before that happened, Valerius had felt an unsettled stirring in his stomach at Ajax's fierce words. It was the same feeling that he felt when Tobias left the Order. Anger. He wasn't used to anger. After Toby's death, it swelled up in him sometimes before getting muddled with sorrow, uncertainty, and an undertow of other emotions. The death of his friend was still raw. Hearing Ajax speak ill of the dead Realmless raked up feelings in him like a gentle wave disturbing barely settled sand in the surf.

However, he wouldn't have even dreamed of vocalizing his feelings, let alone hitting him. Seeing Goliath snap like that and punch Ajax unsettled him. In the Astral Order, debate was a the primary form of disagreement. Valerius was well-trained for battle, but he would never use those skills on an ally. The Goliath that he saw earlier - the Digimon whose passion Tobias had spoken so fondly of - seemed rattled. That was what Jaeger had suggested, and Valerius had sensed that unease as well.

The only reason he sensed it was because, under his own calm facade, he felt uneasy as well.

"I'm already doubting myself so much. If Goliath doubts himself... - his own cause... the cause that Tobias died for... - then how can he expect me to follow him?" Valerius internally asked himself.

He looked around the forest of the Verdant Conclave. His time here only seemed to cement his doubt.

He had asked several Digimon if they knew of Tobias Lightsworne or the way to get to his former home. Valerius had hoped that he would be able to speak with Toby's family. However, every insect Digimon he asked ignored him or responded tersely and guardedly. He didn't get much information out of them. It was clear that they didn't trust the Ronin.

"Maybe I should go back," he mused, flirting with the idea of returning to Prahv and accepting his punishment for going off on his own and abandoning his duties.

A sudden chill shot up his large, avian body. A blast in the distance caused him to hunch forwards and outstretch his wings suddenly. He squinted his eyes and looked around keenly.

Far off in the forest, he could see smoke and flames rippling upwards. "Are we under attack?" he asked, immediately compartmentalizing his doubt and fear. His mindset went back to that of his battle training - remaining calm, collected, and alert.

He knew that he had to go and investigate. If it was a battle, then he would fight. Valerius wasn't about to let a battle destroy Toby's home state. Not when they were the ones who led them here.

He saw that Gaius, the Jijimon, was nearby. He reflexively went into his Astral Order mindset of deferring to his elders, and he bowed his body and extended his wings, allowing Gaius to get on his back to faster reach the battlefield.

"Would you like a ride, honoured sir?" he offered him, angling his wing like a ramp. "I'm checking out that blast. If that's where you are headed it would be faster riding on my back."

-

Jasper walked through the forest in no particular direction.

In his hand was a spear that he stole off of a JewelBeemon. He took a firm bite out of the weapon's gem blade, breaking a large piece off and then grinding it down in his mouth. The Blastmon ate the spearhead like a stick of rock candy.

"Mmmn... That MedievalDickmon..." he said between chews, talking with his mouth full. "What a self-important - nmm - condescending bucket of... hot air. Who's he to... talk to us like that...?"

However, he was so focused on the delicious jewel in his mouth, that he didn't actually seem all that annoyed.

He swallowed a large piece and then looked around the forest. One Kabuterimon stared at him incredulously. Jasper would say that his mouth was agape, but he could never tell with some of these insect Digimon.

"Yes, my body is gorgeous, I know," he responded with dismissive confidence. He frowned and continued walking. "...Where did Goliath and Demo get off to?" he asked nobody in particular.

He shrugged and took another bite out of the spear's blade.

After a minute of walking, Jasper cocked an eyebrow when he saw Titus run from the direction of the barracks and deeper into the forest. "Did something else happen?" he asked after swallowing a hunk of corundum.

His already narrow eyes narrowed further when he heard an explosion and saw flames in the far distance. He let out a short laugh. "Just as I was starting to get bored!" he announced with a passionate bellow.

Jasper then stuffed the rest of the gem in his mouth and broke into a run. He whacked his chest as he charged, trying to swallow what was in his throat.

"RONIN!" he roared, his deep, booming voice shooting into the forest. "The Metal Empire is here for Round Two!"

He surged through the evergreen landscape, towards the flames of battle. "KLR~R~R~RAAAAAAAARGH!" he bellowed in a thunderous, passionate battle cry, his thick cape flapping behind him as he charged towards the battle head-on.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Homer Suga the Dynasmon
Somewhere in Setessa

Homer was a calm individual. He found that out very early on and found it especially helpful in talking with others, for both him and the one who he was talking to. He would often try to difuse a situation, especially if his sister started it. He prefered settling things peacefully with as little Digimon's feelings hurt. Which is why, right now, there's only one thought in his mind while he was in the air.

What the hell am I doing?!

He ripped the arm of a Megadramon off. The dragon wailed as it tried to shoot with its other arm. But Homer hits it with the arm he tore.

Never, in his life, did he think he would do something as gruesome and gut wrenching as using an opponent's limb against them. And yet, he felt no guilt, no remorse, no disgust, from the action. Which brings back to the question in his head. He kept thinking it even though he fought with ferocity that would rival his sister. He clawed at their eyes, outstrecthed their limbs, and slammed them against each other, and he wondered why the only indication of his anger was his stern face.

The question stemned from the fact that he felt fine doing this, and yet it was something he wouldn't do normally.

Another roar. This time a Gigadramon preparing to shoot him. He wouldn't have that.

He sped to it. The mecha dragon eyes widened when Homer was in front of it. It was about to fire.

"Dragon's Roar!"

Homer pummeled its face before striking it with a right hook. When it crashed into the ground, he saw his sister punching it before performing a suplex. It stood no chance.

Homer let off a slight growl. He couldn't quite tell where Ajax was fighting, but he knew he was there with the fire surrounding a Chaosdramon and two Machinedramon. He narrowed his eyes. He knew the red mech dragon. It was the leader of the Crack Team, or as his sister called them, the Metal Empire SEALs. He never understood where she got that, but she said it stands for Sea, Air, & Land, and that was all he needed to remember.

Smash as many air forces as he can while Sura handles the anti-air Digimon.

Then he grunted. His mind's mixing things up, making him question himself and doubt. He needs a clear mind to fight. He won't let the Crack Team nearly kill them like the D-Brigade. He took a deep breath. His stern face still remained. He'll worry about his mental condition later.

He flew up higher when a shot fired at him. He looked back to find two Megadramon charging their shots again.

I didn't survive the last fight with strategy.

Homer made his hands into fists.

I survived the same way sis does.

Homer sped to them and slammed the left dragon into the right one.

I survived because I fought with all my heart.

Homer caught the incoming slash from the tackled Megadramon. It roared in pain when he crushed its arm. The other dragon shouted at seeing its comrade's arm getting crushed and rushed towards Homer. Homer tore off the groaning serpent's arm then threw at the charging one. It stopped from the annoyance. Homer took his chance and pushed the one handed one to the distracted dragon.

His arms glowed again.

"Dragon's Roar!"

Like the Gigadramon before them, the two were pummeled before falling from the sky in pain.

He readied himself for his next target.

Sis was right. I think too much.

-----

Suranuras Suga
Current Form: Shoutmon DX
Somewhere in Setessa

Before she arrived at the scene of the fight, Sura met with her brother and he told her to handle the anti-air Digimon before proceeding to rip off the arm of a flying Megadramon. She would have to ask where did he learn how to do that before she saw why he said anti-air. She saw the familiar crimson armor of one of the other leaders of the fighting forces of the Empire. The Chaosdramon leader of the Crack Team.

Nicol Bolas.

Or as she liked to call him, Red.

He reminded her of this angry parakeet she saw in her dreams who was the leader of a group of birds but has a bad temper.

Homer asked what name did she give to Arcades when she told she liked to refer Bolas as Red (not in front of him or his soldiers), shocked that she even thought that.

She liked calling Arcades Vader. Both had distinct voices. And Homer was left confused as a kid.

Either way, it was the Crack Team. She looked around to look for silver dragons, and did. She was going to face off the Gundramon. The Machinedramon were too busy with Ajax, but just in case they decided to change their mind, she'd be ready.

"DNA DIGIVOLUTION! SHOUTMON. DX!"

She the light that enveloped her faded as quickly as it appeared, replacing her OmniShoutmon body with a ZekeGreymon one, her old body forming her right arm's gun and bayonets. Her smile became toothy when the flash caught the attention of a Gundramon.

"All right Fridge, let's not let kuya save our butts again! Trident JusFang!"

The bullets aimed at her did little to stop her charge the shots, only making tiny dents. She struck the Gundramon's head, making it stumble. She slashed at it with her bayonets, pushing it back slightly. But she closed in and struck it again. She wasn't going to let it be able to shoot her.

A volley of concentrated bullets made her back off. Her target jumped far away, escaping her melee range. She looked left and saw the other Gundramon. She prepared to dash towards the interrupter, until she heard a roar. She looked up and saw a falling Gigadramon, and higher up, Homer. She smiled.

She slashed then suplexed it out of existence.

She shielded herself with her bayonets when she landed. The Gundramon was relentless with its shooting. But that didn't worry her. She charged energy into V-shaped crest, making it start glowing a faint red.

Sura jumped. The walking arsenal made a sound of surprise and attemoted to change angles.

Not gonna happen.

"Victorize BANKING!"

A large V-shaped beam was shot from her crest. The blast sent the not-so-silver dragon flying and make a crater upon landing, completely charred. Sura couldn't help herself from chuckling when two Megadramon fell on top of it, increasing their pain from hitting a sharp Digimon and being hit.

She leveled her gun arm at them.

"Electric Buster Xros!"

The winged dragons screamed before dissipating. The charred Gundramon simply used them as living shields to gain more distance. Sura's smile turned smug. It was injured badly, now all she had to do was finish it off.

A blast on her back made her scream shortly before she turned around. The firsg silver walking arsenal she fought had decided to come back and fight her.

"Unsa ni? Stopped being a coward?"

The look of confusion then anger was so funny, she laughed loudly when she avoided a large blast from its gun. She knew they were sent to kill them, but can't one take a joke? Apparently not as it continued to shoot. She quickly uttered Electric Buster Xros and made it stop briefly. She closed the distance but had to go back to dodging when it kept making craters whenever it missed. She hoped Nika was somewhere near the fight. Long range support would be really helpful now. Especially for those who speciallized in close combat.

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Verdant Conclave
Haven of Setessa

Flame filled the packed-dirt streets of Setessa. Tree bark peeled back under the blistering heat. Branches caught fire, snapped, and fell to the ground like hunks of fiery rain. All around, the Setessans fled for cover only to find it burning or already in ashes. At the center of the conflagration was Ajax, fighting furiously to fend off Nicol Bolas. The massive machine-dragon was relentless, and he hadn't even fired his cannons once. Ajax swung the Dunas, empowered fully with the entirety of his being, and Bolas simply brushed the blow aside with a swipe of his enormous claws.

The force of their clash threw Ajax through the air. Branches snapped as he crashed through them and he tumbled to a rough stop on the forest floor. He barely had a chance to catch his breath before Bolas was upon him again. The powerful pincer claws of the red dragon's right arm speared through the air, threatening to split Ajax in two. But the knight raised the shaft of the Dunas halberd and caught the piercing blow along its length. The force of the strike threatened to crack the weapon in half, but it - and Ajax - held strong, though the ground beneath him cracked and buckled.

Ajax held on - barely - until Bolas's follow-up strike threw him off his feet and sent him flying back. When he rose he could no longer see Bolas through the dust and smoke. He couldn't see anything.

But he could hear it.

Screams; the sheer agony of everyone in Setessa crying out in pain and fear. And at the center of it all he could still hear deep voice of Nicol Bolas booming, shaking the ash out of the very air.

"In the name of the Realmpact and the Empire, all those who undermine the order of the world shall be put to death," he roared, in a voice that was not a shout or cry, but carried further and louder than anything Ajax had ever heard. "And all those who harbor them will pay for their crimes in blood."

A pair of Machinedramon screamed into view, propelled forward by the fury of the Empire. Their first strike shattered the trunk of a tree as they charged bodily through it, and it toppled to the ground. The Conclave structures built into the latticework of trunk and branches crumbled and crashed, sending their inhabitants fleeing into the air and surrounding trees.

Those that were able to make it, at least.

The Empire's forces would destroy Setessa. They would kill everyone. Ajax knew this. He'd been under the thrall of the Empire's reconditioning program long enough to know exactly what they did with dissension. They were going to purge Setessa. Wipe it from the face of the world; erase all mention of it from history. It would be as if it never existed.

And beyond the battle, no one else would know or care.

But for Ajax, that would be enough. He raised his weapon high, spinning it overhead. He channeled all of his might into the weapon, all of his immeasurable draconic fury. The weapon spun faster and faster, dancing between his fingers and over his wrists. Only years of practice and his indomitable focus kept it from flying out of his grasp. The whirling halberd, crackling with Ajax's power, drew in the surrounding flames. They spiraled towards him, pulled into the vortex of his weapon's passing. The Dunas grew white-hot as the fire built within it, but Ajax never touched it long enough for it to burn through the protective layer of his gauntlets.

Ajax held on as long as he could; pushed himself past the point of breaking, to the very edge of his control, right up until the moment where the weapon and the power would slip from his fingers and spill out abandoned and uncontested. At in that very instant, Ajax stopped; he whirled the Dunas around himself and angled its momentum at the enemy.

"Final Crest!" his cry rang out, a clear and bright sound that carried above the bass howl of the slaughter. Ajax's attack, like his voice, split through the gloom and the haze of dust and smoke.

The Machinedramon didn't know what hit it. Midway between splintering through one home-tree and breaking into the next, it was struck by Ajax's attack and consumed by it; carried by fire and fury away from Setessa's heart and thrown into the ground.

Ajax dove towards the stunned behemoth and delivered a sweeping blow with the Dunas that would have taken the head off a lesser foe. But the Machinedramon's digizoid armor provided enough protection to blunt Ajax's attack. Still, it sent the Empire soldier backpedaling even further.

And then it exploded; a shower of data and nothing more.

Surrak ripped through the battlefield, data particles trailing in his wake. His Dramon Killers sang, a high-pitched nose that pierced over the rumble of battle and struck fear into the hearts of Dramon-type Digimon everywhere. And they were many.

The Dragonclaw was a vortex of slashing claws; his weapons pulverized the otherwise-overwhelming defenses of his Metal Empire opponents; all their vaunted strength reduced to nothing. They all fell in his wake like wheat before the scythe. None of the other Ronin had such an overwhelming advantage over the enemy.

None.

Surrak tore through the air, shattering a Gigadramon as he passed. He whipped himself into a spinning tornado of power and bore a hole through the chest of a second Machinedramon before drilling clean through the skull of a MetalSeadramon.

Jaeger swept up beside him, strafing the enemies' ranks, tearing into the Ultimate-level Digimon unfortunate enough to be caught unawares. Other than his beam cannon, his weaponry was much less effective against the Crack Team Megas. It lacked the brute force necessary to avoid drawn-out dogfights. But against the lower-leveled and less-armored foot soldiers, Jaeger had no problems.

Surrak, confident that the situation in the air was handled, ignited his vernier thrusters and dropped down towards the ground. He caught sight of the massive Chaosdramon at the battle's center. With a single swipe of his clawed left hand, the massive red dragon felled a pair of home-trees. His cannons leveled a swath of forest half a mile long. His right hand set fire to Setessa and set its citizens screaming.

He was strong. And it had been quite some time since Surrak had fought anything like him.

The Dragonclaw rocketed through the air, banked sharply, and tore towards the Chaosdramon with a roar. His roar alerted Bolas to his charge, but if the Crack Team Commander was afraid, he didn't show it. The massive dragon merely pulled back his arm and thrust it forward to pierce Surrak's advance. Surrak smirked, and mirrored his attack, prepared to shear clean through the brute's arm; claws, armor, and all.

The two dragons collided, and neither gave way. The force of the strike rolled through them, shaking them to their cores and parting the fires around them. For the briefest of instants, Surrak was stunned; how had this Dramon managed to overcome his attack? If Bolas was at all moved by the outcome of the clash, he didn't show it. He wheeled about and struck with his trident-claws, and only years of battle-honed instincts allowed Surrak to maneuver the wide shield of his gauntlets to intercept the blow. Still, the force of it sent him reeling, and he corrected his flight just in time to match a blast of Bolas's fire with one of his own.

\=\=/=/

“I follow you because you saved my life. I follow you because your goal to destroy the Metal Empire is also mine. If the Metal Empire has to change, then it first has to be brought to the ground, because leaving any part of it behind will just leave a piece of infection that will take over everything else. And I swear upon my life that nothing will stop me from reaching that goal.”

"So then what?" Goliath asked, Ajax's words nagging at his thoughts; Sura's accusations replaying in his head over and over. "Do we kill them all? How do we choose? And why do we deserve that right? To choose who lives and dies." He slammed his fist into a nearby tree. "I was so certain only yesterday. But then he comes back. Ajax comes back and just...

"He's not the same anymore." Goliath shook his head. "Ajax back then was all blood-red rage. None of this calm, measured bullshit. He knew - knows - the evil of the Empire better than most. Why? Why would he..."

Goliath sighed. His fists unclenched, and he took a deep breath. "Why would he say it?" He glanced up into the shaded trees. "This was so much easier when it was only about fighting the D-Brigade, when it was about recovering."

“And while I say this with due respect, Goliath, but even though I say that, the moment you turn away from the outcasts - that you turn away what they consider is trash - is the moment you become one of them. And the moment you do is the day I either bring you back from your own corruption…or die trying.”

"I'm not turning them away, Demo," Goliath muttered sadly. "I'm trying to save their lives. Because I don't have the heart to watch them die, too."

Demo then knelt and began to pledge his waveringly unwavering loyalty, and Goliath was about to scoff and tell him to stand up. But then Demo sprang back to attention, and Goliath recognized the Mamemon once again. Kneeling and groveling didn't suit him. He would have gloated more, but the sound of explosions cut through his bettering mood.

"Demo, with me!" Goliath roared, racing ahead towards the flames, towards Setessa. It had to be the Empire. Only the Empire could set Demo into such a state. He could already hear the battle raging just out of sight. He could hear the shouts of the Empire soldiers and the roars of his Ronin fighting back.

He skidded to a stop, grabbed Demo, and pulled him back as a massive cannon-blast of energy ripped through the forest in front of them, carving a swath through the trees twenty feet wide. Goliath glanced to their source, a massive Chaosdramon. He stopped just long enough to see Surrak drop from the sky and engage the massive dragon.

"Bolas," Goliath muttered under his breath. But if Surrak had the Crack Team Commander occupied that allowed him to - "Demo, we're going to get the Setessan's out of here," he said. "Get to Jasper, Ulysses, and Emmara. The four of you will provide cover for them as they retreat into the forest." He raised his voice and roared. "Ronin! We hold the line here. The Crack Team does not win here today!

"Gabrielle, Pelagius, keep the skies cleared with Jaeger. Tor, Seneca, and Titus, with me. We're taking the fight to them!"

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Homer Suga the Dynasmon
Somewhere in Setessa

Protect.

He dashed towards his sister. Behind her, he crossed his arms, blocking himself and her from the worst of the blast. He swung his arms then flapped his wings. He reared his fist, glowing from dragon energy. Then he smashed the Gigadramon's head.

Destroy.

The beast roared from the impact but Homer wouldn't give it reprieve. He pummeled it with a series of blows, its agonized scream getting louder with each. It raised its arm to shoot. But then Homer uttered,

"Dragon's...ROAR!"

He grappled the dragon's face. Then a bright flashed followed by an explosion of smoke. The Gigadramon escaped from his grip but that didn't matter. It dissapated into nothingness with the body's head blasted off.

Homer huffed and looked up. Jaeger was with him in the sky and he was making quick work of the enemies. In mere seconds, the Gigadramon troop was reduced to three instead of ten. The Megadramon were only reduced to six in number, but Jaeger had fought the blue dragons first, so he guessed they learned to try and keep their distance.

He faintly heard his sister thank him for the block earlier, but he couldn't catch it. He obversed Surrak shoot through the chest of a Machinedramon before cleaving a MetalSeadramon's skull clean through. Both dissapeared as soon as Surrak had appeared and killed them. He saw his sister finally slash through one of the Gundramon, then sending it into the ground with her buster. She would've handled the other Gundramon, if it wasn't for the MetalTyrannomon.

His breathing picked up pace. Bad memories bubbling up from the depths of his mind. But he shook his head.

Protect. Destroy.

Those were the two thoughts he needed now. His dragon body had cooperated hin unbelievably well when he started thinking simple thoughts.

He glanced at the Megadramon in the distance readying to fire at him.

Protect.

It fired. He flew backwards. He focused his energy into his palms again. Then he flew up and aimed at the flying serpent. It cursed and repeated its action again. Homer huffed and fired. The two projectiles clashed, but the Homer's draconic fire overwhelmed the blast. The Megadramon screamed when the dragonfire hit it.

Destroy.

Homer growled as he gathered energy between his palms. His opponent recovers from the hit and notices his actions.

"Dragon..."

It shouted another vulgarity and aimed its arm cannons.

"COLLIDER!"

The Megadramon gave one long painful screech as the dragonfired seared its data. It continued to scream as its body disintegrated. Then the energy exploded, drawing the last line on its opponent, obliterating it from existance.

Homer panted. He knew he wouldn't stand a chance with Bolas. He knew that this town had little chance to survive this seige, even if they miraculously defeat the Crack Team. But there was one thing he knew he could do. He stared at the MetalTyrannomon at the ground.

He would give them hell for what they're doing.

Protect. Destroy.

That was all he needed to do.

---

Suranuras Suga
Somewhere in Setessa

Sura couldn't helo herself from gaping at the scene in front of her.

Surrak, the most destructive and well-equiped fighter against their current enemy, had his Dramon Killers locked in a punch with Nicol Bolas, a Chaosdramon.

Sura dodged another Nuclear Blaster from a MetalTyrannomon. She knew Bolas was strong. You don't become the leader of the Crack Team (SEALS), let alone one of the top five generals of the Metal Empire, without having the strength to back it up, whether you used it or not. But he was facing off against a warrior with Dramon Killers, the single most dangerous weapon for any Dramon in existance. Heh, even she, a non-Dramon, was pained by those stupid gauntlets, even if it was from a childhood incident, and Bolas acted as if he was just "fistbumping" Surrak, as her deceased friend Agura would call it.

Her equally dead friends Kris and Driffun would call that sign "a warning sign."

A, as they would call Agura, would've called it "a sign of doom."

But she and Fridge didn't call any sign of a super strong enemy that.

They called it the "Oh Scrap Effect."

She smiled before slashing against the metal rex's face.

As inappropriate a time as dropping a joke in the middle of a fight turning downhill was, it always raised her spirits, which in turn raised her teammates and then that led to her and Fridge finding a way to beat the opponent. High morale was best when fighting. It helped you focus and you give everything you have in the fight.

"Electric Buster Xros!"

She fired at her metal opponent as it fired its blaster. The two exploded upon impact. She heard the rex shift to relax, and smirked.

The dino won't get a chance.

She dashed through the smoke, catching it by surprise. It was going to fire.

"Trident JusFang!"

She sliced the arm in half. The dino screamed from it. But she wasn't finished. She struck at its chest, making its roar turn into a metallic screech. She twisted her arm and reared her other, smiling. She remembered Homer's colleague, Azareal. She was a MetalTyrannomon, just like this one. And she remembered Homer telling her that she killed the good Coronamon subject Boron. She stabbed her bayonets into the metal rex's torso and turned within it as well.

She knew it was sadistic.

She knew it was cruel.

She knew it wasn't Azareal.

But she only cared about her family and friends.

And right now, she had her brother, her husband, and a new friend, Senecca.

And by all that is holy, she wasn't going to let anyone crush them, physically or emotionally.

She smiled even wider when she heard Goliath's orders to stand their ground.

She'll show anyone who dares to hurt her loved ones why they called her Insane Fury.

Last edited:
"Demo, we're going to get the Setessan's out of here," he said. "Get to Jasper, Ulysses, and Emmara. The four of you will provide cover for them as they retreat into the forest."

Demo would have raged at the order where it anyone else other than Goliath. His whole body was itching for him to grab onto the nearest Metal Empire grunt and rip him apart limb by limb until he was nothing but pieces of data, and then do the same to whatever poor sap was closest. But he knew it wasn’t smart, leaving to rush into battle while letting the very Digimon who helped them burn along with their home. And if anything, it was a testament to Goliath’s trust in them, what was left of the originals, to leave the lives of others in their hands. He wasn’t going to betray that trust.

“Yes, sir!” Demo said with a quick salute before dashing off between the gathering Ronins to search of his comrades and relay the message.

The Mamemon quickly found Jasper and jumped up, using the Blastmon’s arms and various crevices and crystals on his body as footholds and climbing points to agilely get on top of him, hanging onto the highest crystal with one hand as he raised his voice loudly. “Bantyos! We have an order from Goliath: protect and escort the Setessans to safety!” He then looked down at Jasper. He ignored the fact that he had told Demo not to climb on top of him many times - it wasn’t liked he ever listened when he told him to stop holding him by the head. “And that means you too, rock eater! Find some more minions for all I care - just do it!”

He then jumped off of the bejeweled behemoth’s back, grabbing onto a nearby tree branch and swinging himself on top of it. His mechanical mind was already taking over. For someone who liked to bumrush everything instinctively, Demo was talented at strategy and tactics - although it shouldn’t be a surprise; he was born and trained for it, after all. “Emmara! You know the layout, take the lead and convince your sister to let us help! Let Uly back you up - Jasper and I will take the rear and flanks!” he yelled as he scoped out their surroundings as much as he could from his vantage point.

He didn’t see Emmara’s initial hesitance. The BantyoLilymon was worried for her sister, who had rushed into the fires with no one else to follow her. But an order was an order; she had to trust that her unusually strong sister was strong enough to survive this.

“Looks go, Ulysses,” she said turning to the BantyoStingmon. “We don’t have time to lose,” she added as she turned around and started running.

PeeGee

ROAWR!
(Here’s Gaius and Namine. Gabrielle will come soon [at least sooner than a whole month])

Gaius silently fumed at Goliath. [FONT=&quot]How dare he question me! [/FONT]he thought, people nowadays just didn't have any respect for their elders anymore.

"Bah," he muttered, "He thinks he is so hoity toighty, stupid lion."

"Ya alright there old man?" asked Namine, floating above the Jijimon. "You look like you're about to blow a gasket. I think you need to maybe learn to relax before your heart just gives out on you."

Gaius was silent for a couple of seconds before BONK! He rapped the end of his staff against Namine's head.

"Oh, shut up!" he said. "And stop acting like a child, it is very unbecoming of a young lady. Now please leave me alone, I have no need or interest in dealing with someone like you.”

Namine looked almost offended, though Gaius didn’t believe one bit that it was a sincere look, but nevertheless, she actually went away. Gaius considered it a personal victory of sorts. At the very least, it felt good getting some form of victory against her. Unfortunately for him, the good feeling disappeared very quickly by a screaming Lilymon X and Emmara telling the Realmless inside the barracks that the Empire was here.

Gaius felt his blood go cold; they had only just gotten away from them. How had they managed to find them again so quickly? And more importantly, who, or what where they going to destroy to try and get at the Realmless. Gauis wasn’t stupid, he was able to piece together that the screaming Lilymon X and the Empire attack were connected.

Gaius didn’t want to let anyone else get hurt, not if he could help it. When he lost Tidus, Gaius stopped caring about the world, he stopped caring about protecting those who couldn’t protect themselves, and look at how that turned out. He was done letting others get hurt, that was why he joined the Realmless. Why he left behind what little he had, to join the Realmless and fight against the Metal Empire.

He was knocked out of his thoughts by the Yatagaramon, Valerius, offering him a ride to the battle.

“Ah, respecting your elders,” he said, “Good to see that some people still have some form of decency. I would gladly accept your offer.”

-----

Namine flew away from Gaius, feeling a little disrespected by the Jijimon. Sometimes she found his old fashionedness had a weird charm to it, like listening to some of the old Digimon she had come across on her journeys. But this time it just felt like he was being cruel, and it hurt. It really did, she thought that they were sorta friends.

Namine hadn’t had a friend in a long while, her nomadic adventures meant that she developed acquaintances, plenty of acquaintances, but she never stayed long enough to actually develop any long lasting bonds. Essentially it was a lonely life, but she had liked it at the time. It wasn’t until Namine had joined the Realmless that she really even thought about it.

“Stupid old man,” she said, “Being a cranky fuddy duddy is unbecoming of an old fart.”

She pouted and settled down in a corner, her usual seat of Gaius’s head or staff was out of the question at the moment. It had been a while since Namine had actually managed to be alone with her thoughts, what with being chased by the Metal Empire and the whole fighting thing getting in the way.

For the first time in a long time, Namine wished that she was back home with her parents. Instead of hiding in some old barracks, she could be sparring with her mother or learning how to make a house with her father, just like she used to do. It had been such a long time since she had been nostalgic for home, and right now Namine just wanted to get away from what she had gotten herself into.

It was the first time that she had ever really thought about what she was doing with the Realmless. Namine pretty much left everything behind to join, not that she had much, but she doubted that she could ever return back to a normal life now. It was enough to make her want to scream.

Turns out, someone did that for her, and quickly after the screaming Lilymon X left the barracks, Namine learned that the Empire was here! She shook herself out of her funk; this was no time for that! Namine zipped out of the barracks, ready to protect the Conclave, at all costs!

Solsabre

The Reforged Soul
The Garbagemon was quickly overtaken by the other Ronin, his short stubby legs scurrying through the underbrush. The brilliant glare of the consuming fire froze Sawyer in his tracks as the forest burned. Staring in absolute horror, the Garbagemon backed away without conscious thought. He stood there oblivious to the cries of the Setessans as their home and culture turned to char. Instead he flashed back to a memory of a different fire many years ago, trapped beneath a collapsed wall.

Don'tthinkDon'tthink,Don'tthink. Sawyer wailed in his mind. Don't dwell about it, just do something about it, Fragger!

A panicked shrill came from his left among smoking brush. A young Setessan child, a Palmon, ran from the plumming flames, coughing hard in the thickening and smoldering air. The Palmon dashed through the tall grasses, only to trip on rock hidden in the thick vegetation. The child digimon cried hurt and frozen with fear and confusion. Sawyer snapped to the present and rushed to the child's aid, protecting her with his own vulnerable body.

As he picked the child up, a flare-up launched in their direction. The Garbagemon managed to put distance between them and the encroaching fire finger with only his dirty hair singed. In the momentary safety, Sawyer handed off the child to a passing Stingmon. Having but a brief chance to catch his breath, the mutant survey the wildly out-of-control firestorm. The leading edge of the fire was rapidly approaching the heart of Setessa and a large cluster of home-trees. The sight of the vibrant homes turning to desolate ash stuck an odd chord with the Garbagemon, a feeling that had been festering within him since their arrival to the Conclave.

"Come on, wasteforbrains," Sawyers muttered to himself out loud, wracking his brain for ideas to contain the fire. "Fire. What does fire need...Slag it! Wait...fuel. It needs fuel to keep spreading!"

A plan began solidifying as he rushed to try and get help from nearby fleeing Setessans. Calling out to them as much as he could, the Setessans barely glanced his way. Sawyer dropped his arms in defeat, however, a growing stubbornness wasn't relenting.

"Looks like I'm on my own," he said with grim resignation.

The Garbagemon jogged back to the now empty barracks and jumped into his parked cart. Toting through a series of smaller and isolated brush fires, he sped ahead to outflank a section of fire crowning through the forest canopy. During all this, battle cries and fighting between the Ronins and the Empire Crack Teams carried on through the madness and chaos in the near distance.

Finding a large natural opening between the trees and just ahead of the crowning fire, Sawyer
braked hard in a tight swerve. Getting out of his garbage can, he tilled and aimed the beat-up trash can at the still intact trees, brush, and forbes. "Well, here goes nothing."

Within seconds, a harsh vaccumming screech added to the chaotic pandemonium of the forest as a whirling vortex of distorted light emitted from Sawyer's can.

"DATA CRUSHER!" He cried, hanging on tight to the lip of the can. The vortex suddenly came alive, whipping back and forth like a hissing snake. Slowly at first and then picking up speed, the trees and brush began to blur as though blending with the vortex's distortions. Finally the entire surrounding environment digital structures burst part into data spores and got sucked into the vortex's very eye, before winking out of existance.

Sawyer's eyes widen. He knew in theory his vortex could delete data permanently, but he'd never thought to try it on the digital environment itself. Holding the garbage can steady and commanding the vortex to extend its range further, he cleared more unburned trees as the fire rapidly approach. Sweating profusely from the rising heat, Sawyer maintained control over the vortex for several moments longer until it broke away and expired.

Slumping and breathing hard from the effort, Sawyer saw that the fireline he created by clearing away the fire's fuel, extended for several lengths and halted the leading edge successfully. However, the minor victory was shattered when a massive blowout broke across his fireline and scattering Setessans.

"****!" Sawyer exclaimed, diving for cover from the lashing flames. Not wasting much time and weariness from the previous effort ignored, the garbagemon doved into his garbage can and this time a swirling vortex emerged, twice the size in diameter than before. Only instead of sucking up the surrounding vegetation, he directed the swirling energies to the fire itself, allowing the Setessans to continue fleeing. As he did so, he didn't notice the four Banchos joining the effort to help the fleeing forest dwellers.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Titus breezed through the swarming fire, the tips biting at the edges of his cape. The heat of the flame sang in his blood, summoning an added surge of energy to his limbs and beckoning him to the epicenter of the firestorm. Only the telltale whine of an approaching missile warned the dragon knight to leap out of the way in time. He would not be blindsided again like in the last battle.

A pair of empire soldiers, a Megadramon and Gigadramon, appeared side-by-side above the burning trees. As their cannons smoked from the last bombardment, they spotted the unscathed knight digimon.

"Bro, look it," jeered the Megadramon, pointing a clawed talon at Titus. "That don't look like no insect or plant mon."

"You be right, Mega," the Gigadramon agreed, his tongue licking his jagged teeth. "He don't appear to be a local. Maybe one of those realmless the Emperor sent us to blow to smithereens!"

The brothers crackled with growling howls of laughter. The winged dramon brothers paused in their onslaught of destruction at the prospect of playing with the flightless Ronin. The Empire Soldiers blitzed the immediate ground beneath them, rather than their previous indiscrimate firing pattern. The forest floor shuddered with the mayhem of explosions. Confident they hit their target, they jolted in surprised moments after the explosions quieted down.

"You believe me to be defenseless against your air superiority?" Titus's voice cooly called out above the roaring flames. The two flying dramon growled responding challenges while hovering low over trees to pinpoint the hiding Saviorhuckmon.

"Huh, the way I see it, you're down there, ronin, and we're up here out of your reach!" taunted the older Gigadramon.

"Yeah!, What bro said!" yelled the younger dramon. Their technological hybrid eyes scanning the smothering terrain for their target's life signs.

A massive elder tree cracked, weakened from the fire, creating a massive plume of smoke and ash billowing through the air as the mighty trunk fell. The flying dramons yowled in pain as cinders flew into their eyes.

"Understand this cretins, you do battle with a Cloudraker of the Dragon Hordes, which mean one way or another my blade will find a way to pierce the heavens!"

Too late! The enemy dramon had positioned themselves level with the tree canopy. Titus launched his armored body from his perch on a sturdy elder oak under the cover of dense smoke. His goggles and mantle cape draped protectively over his head, permitting him to easily see his foes. At the pinnacle of his leap, the Saviorhuckmon grappled onto the the younger Megadramon's long tail. The Megadramon roared, whipping his tail to dislodge the unwanted passenger and making jabbering attempts to strike the dragon ronin.

Titus stabbed his bladed feet into the Megadramon's body to gain purchase, the dramon screamed in pain and thrashed in every direction to dislodge him. Hanging on fiercely with one hand, Titus extended the blade on his other arm and struck the more vulnerable wing joints. The Megadramon dropped rapidly to the burning ground below, but not before Titus used the hapless dramon as a springboard to propel himself further towards the Gigadramon.

The Gigadramon dived at Titus with a madding look, screaming vengenance for his fallen brother. The two collided midair. Titus's left blade embedded deep into the Gigadramon's chest. However, the Gigadramon with its remaining strength keep an iron-grip on the Saviorhuckmon's arms, the metal talons threatening to shatter the bicep armor during their downward descent.

In a desperate manuever to free himself, Titus flexed his third blame - the extension of his tail- around his body and into the Gigadramon's right shoulder. The Gigadramon screamed as its injured arm unwillingly released the Saviorhuckmon. His arm free, Titus struck the final dramon once more in the chest, separating in freefall from the dissolving Gigadramon.

Scant feet from the ground now, Titus pulled himself tightly into a ball, his armor taking the brunt of the impact on the hard ground and fallen timbers. Stiffly, the silver knight rose, bracing an armored hand on a nearby boulder. He inhaled deeply in order to catch his breath from the harrying skirmished which had only lasted a few minutes.

Titus looked over his shoulder when he heard Goliath's summons. Dashing way from the newly made clearing, he joined up with the realmless Leader and the others. Sparing seconds to glance around at the gathering Ronin and searching for the familar face of Seneca, a rare sense of belonging stirred within the Saviorhuckmon.

"I stand beside you, Goliath." Titus solemnly said, echoing back the Bancho's earlier question. "That is my oath."

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
[OOC: Sorry it took me so long to update. Life has been crazy. But I got a chance to watch Digimon: Adventure Tri and that both got the spark going and convinced me that I needed to tell these stories. So. Let's do this.]

=====

Verdant Conclave
Haven of Setessa

Surrak struck again, his claws raking against Bolas's own, igniting a shower of sparks so vibrant that they threatened to light even more of Setessa on fire. How was it possible that the Chaosdramon could withstand his assault - endure it and shrug it off like it was nothing? His gauntlets could shear through dragons like they were paper; how could Bolas simply rebuff them?

The Dragonclaw jettisoned back as Bolas's triple-bladed claws came swiping through the air. He pooled fire in his hands and sent twin spheres barreling through the air towards the red machine-dragon. Bolas countered; his trident arm shred through the first fireball like it was nothing, while his pincer claw pierced through the second and continued to strike at Surrak.

Surrak dodged, vaulting over the much-larger dragon's claws and punching through his guard. He swathed himself in flame, focusing all his might into his gauntlet's killing power.

"Terra Force ZERO!" the shout came unbidden from his lips after a lifetime of battle. Surrak's fiery power focused into the pinpoint tips of his Dramon Killers. He struck, driving his claws into Bolas's face, and the force of his own attack blinded him for a moment. He felt Bolas heave before him and fall back - though how far, Surrak couldn't tell.

But when he opened his eyes to gaze upon the damage he'd wrought, he was stunned to see Bolas standing - head thrown to the side, a deep set of scratches on his cheek - but standing all the same. The Commander's eyes were wide; blistering with fury and indignation.

"Hyper Infinity Cannon."

Bolas let loose a torrent of power, and even with his guard raised, Surrak could barely hold himself together when the attack struck. It was overwhelming; all at once instantaneous and infinitely dense. It carried with it a terrible sound that struck fear into Surrak's fearless heart. And as the blast drove him through the forest - vaporizing the earth and trees all around him - Surrak realized with growing dread that the sound was his own scream.

==\==/==

Goliath stared wide-eyed as Bolas's blast tore through Setessa. Surrak was consumed entirely by the beams that exploded from the red dragon's cannon - gone, swept away by their impossible force. It was hard to imagine Surrak being overcome by anything, but Goliath couldn't believe anyone could survive such a blast. Setessa - and the forest itself - seemed to shatter under the force of Bolas's attack. There were no explosions or flames or gouts of smoke; everything simply unraveled as the blast passed through it until, all at once, half of it was gone.

Bolas let out a roar, a quaking metallic sound, and the flames distorted under its force. The fire swept outward and the Ronin shielded themselves from the billowing heat. A different roar answered, and Ajax leapt from the flames, weapon drawn back. The heavy blade of the Dunas struck Bolas across the jaw, staggering him for but a moment. Then Bolas struck back, with a blow that caught Ajax as he landed and sent him crashing into the burning underbrush.

The Chaosdramon turned his cannons on the fallen knight. They let out a strange whirling howl as power built within them. Ajax wasn't moving, still disoriented.

"Hyper Infinity Cannon."

"No!" Goliath shouted. He tore himself from where dread awe had left him rooted. He flew through the air, feet barely touching the burning ground. Goliath drew his blade in that same swift motion. He channeled all his strength into the blade, channeled the energy of his homeland into the edge, bolstering the hardness of his weapon and the strength of his arms.

Bolas's attack fired - exploded. And the air bent under the overwhelming sound of the blast. Then came the actual blast itself, and Goliath could see the tremendous power tear through the space between them. The fabric of digital space came unraveled under the attack's violent power. But Goliath stood his ground. The attack thundered towards him, and Goliath crashed his blade into it.

The ground beneath his feet bowed and buckled, threatening to throw him away, but Goliath dug in his claws and held fast. He strained to keep himself upright, to keep his eyes open; his senses sharpened and he needed to be acutely aware of the overwhelming danger and threat of annihilation. He couldn't close his eyes to his reality.

So he held on. Even as the earth beneath his feet liquefied and vaporized. Even as his weapon dissolved under the combined force of Bolas's attack and his own power. When his weapon was but dust, he held his hands in front of him; pushing back against the overwhelming power of the Metal Empire Commander's attack. He felt everyone's eyes on him - Ronin, Conclave, and Empire alike - waiting to sew how this newest development played out.

He would show them. He would show them all what it meant to stand for something; to be immovable and incorruptible.

At that moment, something within him snapped. A power surged within him - power he'd never felt before. He felt it billow around him, lighting the air on fire, pushing back against Bolas's attack, bursting from his very core. It urged him to fight, urged him to push, to overcome all limits and obstacles in his way.

So he did.

With a roar, Goliath pushed forward. Step by step. Agonizingly slow. He pushed until h was just beyond the reach of Bolas's claws, and there he held his ground. Everything shook around the two combatants, the ground cracked, sparks flew through the air. But then, with one final shout, Goliath's power flooded out. It carried Bolas's attack back into its source, crashing into the red machine-dragon with the power of both attacks. The blast detonated on contact, and Bolas was thrown bodily through the air.

Goliath collapsed to his knees, the fire of his own power still swirling around him. He felt his energy seep out of him with each breath he took in his newly-attained advanced form. But he still had work to do, now, with Bolas reeling and his forces scared.

"Go back to your masters," he roared, his voice loud and fierce. "Go tell them of your defeat. Tell them of our victory. And know that if you come for us again I will not be so merciful."

It was an empty threat. He could barely see straight, never mind follow up on it.

In the minutes that followed, the forces of the Crack Team retreated, all but carrying the "unbreakable" Nicol Bolas with them. And when the last soldier of the Empire disappeared into the charred woods and the last sound of mechanized muscles faded into the distance, a chorus of cheers resounded through the burnt streets of Setessa, and Goliath allowed his Burst Mode to fade away.

Without that stress on his body, he felt his breath and strength return to him - certainly not in full, but enough for him to rise to his feet and recreate his weapon from its dissociated data.

"Ronin! Citizens of the Conclave!" his voice rose up over the cheers and shouts of victory, and all others fell silent. "You've seen now the face of the enemy. You know now exactly what our enemy is. Our enemy is violence. Our enemy is destruction. Our enemy is indiscriminate slaughter. It cares only for its own selfish needs; for its own ambition and hunger." He pressed his fist against his chest. "It is the sickness of the soul that causes noble Digimon to turn against their fellows; to strike out and kill all those who do not fall in line.

"Our opponent is the Metal Empire. It controls more land, resources, and power than any other Realm. And it is corrupt. But the Empire and its citizens are not our enemy. Our enemy is the source of that depravity," Goliath declared. "Our enemy is Injustice. Our enemy is the corruption at the very core of the Empire.

"Our enemy is the Metal Emperor himself! Our enemy is Chromium Rhuell; he who stands upon the power granted him by the Realmpact and uses it to crush all those who oppose him instead of raising them up. I will not stand for it. I will fight against it with everything that I am," Goliath said, his strength returning bit by bit, with each word. "So if I must divorce myself from the power that sustains this world I will. I will become Realmless so that I might stand against the depraved injustice of the world. Even if that means I must shatter the Realmpact itself."

"You would sever the bonds of the Realmpact?" a voice called out. Isabella stepped forward, her glare piercing through Goliath from behind her petal mask. "The power that protects and sustains peace throughout the world."

"Only a fool would call this fear 'peace,'" Goliath countered. "And 'peace' of this sort is detestable."

"But the Realmpact--"

"Doesn't matter," Goliath cut in. "It doesn't matter what the Realmpact says. Doesn't matter what the lords or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole world decides that something wrong is something right. Our world was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the Realmpact and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth, and tell the whole world, 'No, you move.'"

The cheer that followed was deafening.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Suranuras Suga
Setessa

Sura fought. That was as simple as one could get. She tore through the MetalTyrannomon, its scream strangely making her smile sinisterly. When a few more Megadramon thought that the attack she finished would delay her, she proved them wrong and blasted them into oblivion. With those distractions gone, she finally turned her attention to the last Gundramon, still injured from her earlier assault. The Digimon didn't give in though. As Sura dashed to it, it fired at her continuosly. The attempt was in vain as her speed allowed her to avoid at least half of the hits aimed at her, while her armor made them less effective than they would be. It hurt, yes, but it did little to slow her down. In a few seconds, she was right in front of the dragon, her left arm reared back.

"Trident JusFang!"

She plunged her claws into its chest. The machine type let out a pained roar. Then she swung upward, her claws slicing right through its head, splitting it. It disappeared a nanosecond after she did that. She had to admit one thing though, even if it was just to herself: it had a good strong will. It fought with no fear all the way to the end, with determination in its eyes. It was a shame it was an enemy.

A scream resonated across the forest, right after the loud boom of a powerful blast. Sura snapped her head to the direction it came from, where the Crack Team leader was. She froze, not because of the power of the beam, as terrifying as it was to witness that level of pure power. No, she froze because of the scream, or rather, the scream's owner. She knew who it was. She carved that Digimon's voice into her memory, to remind her of asking its owner for a one-on-one fight someday, to personally experience the Digimon's strength, and perhaps show her own and defeat the Digimon.

It was Surrak.

The blast had completely consumed him, like he was a mere snack. He was nowhere in sight, as well as everything in the beam's path. There was no smoke, no fire, no ashes. The trees, the plant life, even the flames on some of said trees, they just...disappeared. Not even a stump of any kind was left. Another shout broke the silence. Ajax leaped towards the Chaosdramon, readying his weapon to strike. But Bolas parried the attack, sending Ajax back. Sura's blood ran cold again when his cannon. She took a step forward, ready to dash to the knight's aid, but she halted when a shout and a familiar form beat her to it.

Goliath stood in front just as Bolas fired, holding out his sword before him...and he stood there. She stared wide-eyed at the scene. Goliath, first with his sword, then with his bare hands, was blocking the blast, it wasn't going around him. Not only was he doing that, he was getting closer to Bolas, step by step. When the lion was in arm's reach of the red leader, he turned all of that energy against Bolas with his own attack. Now that was a sight she never thought she'd see: Nicol Bolas, the Chaosdramon leader of the Crack Team, sent flying like a rag doll. Despite the situation, Sura smiled with amusement as the Digimon crashed. It was a funny scene. Her expression became neutral when she returned her gaze onto the kneeling Goliath, whose body quickly reverted back from whatever happened to him. Sura blinked. That was a Burst Mode. That would explain things.

He gave a threat to Bolas, saying to tell their leaders of "our victory." Sura readied herself for a counter attack, but none happened. Whatever was left of the Crack Team just carried their leader and just left. Yes, they left, just like that. No shots, no orbs of explosive energy, no words of anger and vengence. They just left. Sura smiled. Goliath did it. He just outright kicked the behind of a general, even after getting badly beaten by another. The rebel leader then rose, using his energy to recreate his sword. Then he started to speak to everyone around him, his voice loud enough for many to hear.

--

Homer Suga the Dynasmon
Somewhere in Setessa

Homer landed softly on the ground, staring at the lion leader with mouth slightly agape. It was... It was just... Homer was rendered speechless. Goliath had just done the unthinkable. Not only did the stood in front of one of a Chaosdramon's most powerful attacks and survived it, he got closer to its source, ever so surely, before deflecting it with his own attack. The Crack Team leader was thrown back by the blast and then crashed. After making a threat--that Homer guessed was partly a bluff when he saw Goliath's battered body--the forces that remained of the red dragon's team carried him and left. That was it, they just...went and left. The shouts of relief and victory followed that, but then Goliath stood up, his sword reassembled and sheathed, and began to speak.

"Ronin! Citizens of the Conclave!" he shouted, silencing even the rowdiest Digimon.

Homer listened intently at the beast man's words. He told those who called this forest home that they have just seen "the face of the enemy", that it killed all who dared to oppose "for its ambition and hunger." In others words, the Metal Empire. Homer tensed at hearing those words, remembering himself being one of the very people that caused this, even if it was very indirectly. His sister always reminded him it wasn't their fault, instead of moping fron the guilt, they should be happy they realized it before it was too late. But that still didn't clear his consience.

Then Goliath said, "But the Empire and its citizens are not our enemy."

Homer blinked. Did...Goliath actually say that? So it seems his silence truly meant that he didn't intend for every single Digimon under the Metal Empire to be killed. In retrospect, it made sense. He had seen a slaughter himself, and he was a compassionate Digimon, he wouldn't wish the same to the innocent.

"Our enemy is the source of that depravity. Our enemy is Injustice. Our enemy is the corruption at the very core of the Empire. Our enemy is the Metal Emperor himself! Our enemy is Chromium Rhuell; he who stands upon the power granted him by the Realmpact and uses it to crush all those who oppose him instead of raising them up. I will not stand for it. I will fight against it with everything that I am," Goliath said, his strength returning bit by bit, with each word. "So if I must divorce myself from the power that sustains this world I ''will' . I will become ''Realmless' so that I might stand against the depraved injustice of the world. Even if that means I must shatter the Realmpact itself."

"You would sever the bonds of the Realmpact?" a voice called out.

He looked to find the healer, Isabella, stepping out from a nearby crowd, a death glare very clearly seen, even behind that mask.

She continued, "The power that protects and sustains peace throughout the world."

The Realmpact... He quiet yet saddened chuckle. The thing that was supposed to keep all of us safe... It was supposed to keep me safe, to keep sis safe, Boron safe, it... Homer let out a shaky breath. It was supposed to keep Dad safe...safe from Dr. Ylwi... He knew it was supposed to keep conflict out of the question, it was supposed to be absolute, and yet it failed. After all, their enemies--his old home--and his allies, were breaking it with each passing moment.

"Only a fool would call this fear 'peace,'" Goliath countered. "And 'peace' of this sort is detestable."

Homer mentally agreed with that.

"But the Realmpact--"

"Doesn't matter," Goliath cut in. "It doesn't matter what the Realmpact says. Doesn't matter what the lords or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole world decides that something wrong is something right. Our world was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the Realmpact and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world, 'No, you move .'"

With each word, he heard footsteps get closer to him. He knew who it was, and when that Digimon roughly "tapped" his back, it only confirmed it. The shout that she did just as the entire forest cheered at Goliath's speech proved it even further, because it was a bit unneccessarily loud.

"Sis, please. You're going to make me deaf."

His sister only smiled wider--and "toothier"--at that.

"C'mon kuya, we won." Homer made to say something, but Sura beat him to it. "Ah! I kniw what you're gonna say. I do know it was Goliath who took the win, but that doesn't mean we didn't help."

Homer just rolled his eyes. Sura just wouldn't let words upstage her, only being defeated in a fight will. He decided to turn his attention to the surrounding area. He frowned. He couldn't see any of the other Ronin. Only Goliath and a battered Ajax were visible right now. He hoped the others were all right. He glanced at his sister, and he noticed she too was frowning as she looked around. For most Digimon, they wouldn't be too surprised by the face, they'll assume she's just worried. They would be right, but there was one thing: Sura doesn't show her worry of others' safety like this, unless...

"Something wrong?" Homer said.

"I don't see Nika anywhere."

"Nika?"

Sura turned to him. "The Valkyrimon. She didn't look like someone who could take a lot of hits," she said with a deep frown. "Hope she's all right."

So he was right, Sura was worried about a new friend. He only ever saw her like this amongst her friends. She showed her worry about him and her late husband differently, very differently. Homer jumped when he heard his sister suddenly chuckle.

"Yeah, you're right, Fridge. She made it this far, she'll be fine."

Homer sighed. He really should be used to this by now, but he honestly couldn't tell if this was just Sura's way of coping with her husband's death, or if there was a little piece that was left of him when he gave his data to Sura. He wouldn't find out anytime soon, that's for sure.

"So, shall we check on the others? Make sure they're all right?" she said, her regular smile back on her face.

Homer couldn't help himself from giving a small smile at the expression. "Yes, let's."

Solsabre

The Reforged Soul
(OOC: Okay, I got excited and didn't wait till tomorrow, though I doubt anyone will complain.)

Titus Cloudraker the Saviorhuckmon
Setessa Forest

The fire raged on. Digimon scattered through out the forest as the Crack Team’s leader continued wave after wave of his deadly onslaught. Titus was separated a distance from Goliath in one of the fiery tides. He stumbled upon an unconscious Kabutarimon, scorched and injured, as another wave threaten to consume him.

Titus threw himself over the insect, covering them both with his cape to protect against the raging the fire and explosions. The goggles on his face protected his eyes from the searing heat.

He watched through the fire as Surrak disappeared from sight with half the forest. A Crimson Knight digimon Titus didn’t recognized stepped in and challenged Bolas with a successful strike, only to be knock down to the ground as well. Unable to leave the injured Setessan beneath him, the Saviorhuckmon could only watch on as Goliath rose to clash with the Chaosdramon.

The world faded to black around him, his eyes fixated on the sight before him. The confrontation between Bolas and Goliath turned to slow-motion as they grappled in a battle of supremacy. Slowly, so slowly, the energies surrounding the two combatants shifted as the Ronin leader glowed with a light of unshakeable will and fortitude. The final outcome of the battle was turning in favor of the Ronins.

This was how he viewed the world on rare occasions. He’d witness the subtle shifting of data in the fabric digital world leading up to the event horizon. Sometimes, Titus could take advantage of this forewarning to react faster, depending on the situation.

The world snapped back to normal speed for Titus. Bolas was thrown back in an explosion. The Ronin leader stood defiant in mere moments, sending the Crack Team forces fleeing with their fallen commander.

“Ronin! Citizens of the Conclave!” Goliath’s cry drew the attention of Titus and remaining survivors. The Saviorhuckmon listened solemnly, nodding in silent agreement periodically while others cheered aloud. Titus didn’t require further convincing for their current path. His wrath undoes the wicked… He’d chosen it long ago. Goliath’s words served only to further stirred his dragon’s fury, which had calmed in the minutes following the end of the battle.

The Kabutarimon beside him groaned. Titus knelt down to help the injured insect to unsteady feet. His might upholds the weak…While the rest of the crowd cheered on; he supported the Setessan towards the last remaining hometrees.

“Come, let’s find you a healer.”

The battle with the Metal Emperor would come soon enough. For now, there were injured in need of help and rescue. He would rejoin with Golaith and the other Ronin momentarily.

Sawyer the Garbagemon
Setessa Forest

Icy dread gripped Sawyer’s pounding heart, as the Bancho shouted his declaration of victory. Not that he wasn’t slowly getting on the bandwagon with the rest of the Robin, he really had little love for the Empire. No. The Empire would throw all its forces eventually against the rebels, including the lowly Tuwarmon foot soldier regiment.

Would he find his Tuwarmon father dying on the blade or blasted into digital particles by a weapon of an ally?

“No, you move.” Goliath’s fierce words echoed, followed by the roar of cheering.

“Emperor Spit N’Shine won’t know what hit him,” Sawyer shouted in sarcastic jest, hiding his true feelings from those around him. A few Setessans (finally taking notice of the Garbagemon there) eyed him warily for his scandalous nickname for the Metal Empire ruler. “What? It’s true! He decided to ‘grace’ the capital’s citizens with his presence during a parade once. His armor gleamed and shined so much, you’d have to wear sunglasses just to make him out from the glare.”

His garbage can belched a satisfied burp behind him.

“Ah, shut up, you trash heap,” the mutant scolded the Can, giving it a kick for good measure. Sawyer climbed into his cart, ignoring the growing number of odd looks sent his way. He left to go track down Finn.