• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Dark Reign (Discussion Thread)

Hotshot

I know, I know. Rai's not very good at pep-talks. More like provoking people into helping him using insults. But...he tried.

It was fun writing it, though. Haha...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
I thought it was darn fine pep talk! You should give yourself more credit.

...The insult thing worked well too, though. Heheh. I never get tired of dumb dinosaur jokes. (Strom, on the otherhand...)

This is shaping up to be one heck of a fight. And it's gonna be fun wiping Samhain's stupid grin off of his face.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
THe problem is that none of us can get anything on Samhain. Heck, even Set 'intervening' didn't faze him. And this is Set, a Mega-Level equivalent Kimeramon.

And I wouldn't count on Set helping again. This is our battle and we'll win it alone.

(Even though I just bet it'll be Hyperion or Caesar who finishes Samhain. Probably Caesar, since Hyperion can't All Delete Samhain... and I'm still wondering why that is.)

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Was it Samhain who gave Hyperion the All-Delete? If so, that might be the reason. I'm not so sure Hyperion will be the one who kills him... but if he does... Let's just say I have Strom-levels of uncertainty about his intentions.

In light of this world-changing event, I wonder if that other shocker plot twist we heard about will still happen? I'm starting to get a big idea of what could happen, thinking about the veiled hints Kamotz gave... and it's frankly a little terrifying...

Of course I could still be wrong.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Sorry guys, was on vacation, in a cabin, with no interent access (or plumbing) whatsoever.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Yeah. We get an october (columbus day) break. It's sort of a mid-semester break...and I really needed it.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Okay, so as to these new crest powers Samhain's called upon (though since I've got him giving up the Seven Dark Crests, they don't really matter much anymore...but just for some understanding) are explained below:

Pride: Mental Manipulation
Wrath: Empathic Manipulation
Lust: Persuasion
Greed: Aura Absorption
Envy: Disintegration Touch
Sloth: Puppet Master
Gluttony: Bone Spike Protrusion

Though it will all become clear when I post...very soon.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Well, that's for you all to decide/pull them out of. Once Samhain gave up the Dark Crests (to revive Abaddon) they're effectively free from his power, but it'd be interesting to see how they reacted to it.

Hotshot

An interesting development. Glad to see Theron back...and with the cavalry, I presume. Heehee...for those of you who remember, back when Balion first showed up, Erebus karate-chopped him on the neck, and then Rai asked if Erebus would teach him that move...

...well, Rai learned it. Apparently, large cannons are useful for knocking people out.

And Karasu...well...he was in Burst Mode, and didn't have a sword...so that's how I got him out of his pickle.

Hehe...Rai just loves insulting people. Namely bad-people. Like Abaddon.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Heheh, I'm happy to see that move again. It was a nice (and ironic) touch, Hotshot. I also did a bit of a call back to Strom's Belial-induced dream.

Abaddon isn't bad, he's just misunderstood! ... Or not.

Wow, I didn't realize how flawed Strom was. Greed, Envy, Lust, Gluttony (to a lesser extent), and wrath? Not to mention all those other personality quirks.

I have a long post in the works.

Edit: Posted. I hope I didn't get a certain NPC's personality wrong.

Last edited:

Hotshot

Just a head's up...if I don't get a chance to post tomorrow...then it'll be another day before I can post again. I'm going to be away from Friday until Saturday night...so keep the action going until then, please. ^^

Oh, and epic post, Griff!

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Almost done with a pretty cool post. It should connect and explain a few things involving the "pitch black spears", Hyperion's X-evolution connection to Samhain, and Samhain's power of Death.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
It was refreshing to see Ragna and Valra and Genesis again. I was surprised to see no Gatmuz though.

... Interesting double banners/quotes you have there, Kamotz... I like the duality of it, but I'm wary of what it means in terms of events to come...

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Well, the truth will be revealed soon enough. Just waiting for Hotshot to post...and then I can move us closer to probably the last little plot twist.

Hotshot

Sorry for the post-delay, guys. I had time to get on...but not enough time to post...at least...a post that is worthy. I'll work on one right now...

Edit: Okay, I posted...Rai had to crack one last pun before we finished the job.

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Well, bet you didn't see that one coming! Or maybe you did...I was kinda hinting at that with my signatures. Then again, I...aw hell, just read it.

Hotshot

Plot-twist! Haha...I actually semi-kinda-expected something to that effect...you know...

Quite interesting...quite interesting indeed...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
<eye twitch>

I expected that there might be two sides of Hyperion or something to that effect... but I didn't expect Yggdrasil to die... That threw me off my center of gravity and flogged my theory.

Edit: My post is sort of short too.

2nd Edit: For anyone who's interested, the OSTs for Gundam 00 have loads of tracks that have incredibly fitting music for Dark Reign, I've found. More ambient than X-Ray Dog or Immediate Music, in my opinion.

Last edited: