• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Dark Reign (RPG Thread)

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
To deliver justice is my battle and war- to erase the evil, until it is no more. With my soul I fight; with my claws I strike. ‘Justice for all’ is my creed; my roar. Justimon!

Erebus took the form of the warrior of justice while he sped through the air alongside Strom. The Examon looked back at him.

The Justimon have him a nod. "We'll be fine, Strom. Just keep a cool head."

Stom felt an overwhelming sense of ease. He felt like he was fighting alongside Braon again. The Royal Knight gave a relaxed nod before turning his attention to their target, who grew quickly closer. Nidhogg.

"Arahon Alpha!" Strom roared, raising the Ambrosius. "Pendragon's Glory!"

From the lance several electricity-laced, red lasers were fired towards Nidhogg. The lasers hit and Nidhogg let out a tremendous bellow so great that it caused turbulance for the airborne Strom and Erebus.

"You again!" Nidhogg exclaimed, his attention on Strom.

"My power and soul are here! Try to feast on them like you claimed you would!" Strom roared in challenge.

Erebus veered off to his left. "I'll cover you, Strom. Justice Burst!"

The Justimon shot multiple beam bullets at Nidhogg's right, but they did little more than irritate him.

"I shall have you both!" he roared, preceding a hungry, maddened chuckle.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Osiris remained perfectly silent in response to Azazel's words and the fallen angel watched him, perhaps celebrating the impact of his words on the leader.

"No."

The single word jarred Azazel as Osiris raised his head and met his enemy's gaze with the cold intensity that only Death could possess.

"No," Osiris repeated "all of my friends accept they could die in this battle. It is the risk of war, Azazel. I don't fill them with false hope, I told them myself I couldn't see an absolute victory, a plan destined to suceed. But they still followed. They still walked into this hell with me."

"You deluded them!"

"I did nothing," Osiris sighed "you do not understand my nature, Black Hand. What do you see in my soul? Calm, tranquil peace. Yet, I am the Oncoming Storm, the reaper of souls."

"You pale in comparison to the Black King!" Azazel snapped "you are nothing to him, and he will send you into the black depths of hell! You and your friends, your allies, you will all burn!"

Osiris stared at Azazel with a gaze so dark with sorrow, and becoming darker still with rage. The cold gaze of Death became a piercing lance of ice-cold anger, so penetrating and harsh Azazel flinched.

"You tell me we'll be sent to hell," Osiris spoke, voice embued with the power of Death "but something escapes your vision, your oh-so-narrow vision, Azazel."

"What escapes me, Osiris Soultaker?"

"That we're already in hell," Osiris replied "it is perfectly obvious that the whole world is going to hell, and that it is already becoming hell."

"But we will pull it back and make it what it once was!"

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Ajax rushed forward, the Dunas held low, glowing with fire and power. He launched his power and it ripped a path towards Siegfried. The dark knight readied himself and pushed his shoulder and shield into the attack. Ajax leaped into the air and brought his weapon down hard, but Siegfried raised his shield and blocked the blow. Ajax swung around and kicked out the dark knight's legs, but Siegfried caught himself and tripped Ajax. Both knights landed on the ground and pointed their weapons at one another.

"Final Crest!"

"Chaos Disaster!"

The two attacks hurled the knights away from each other, though Siegfried took significantly less damage by defending once again with his shield. Ajax kicked up to his feet and faced his dark nemesis once more. He surged forward and split the Dunas into its two component parts. Ajax leaped into the air and brought his weapons to the ready. Once again, Siegfried raised shield. But this time, Ajax was ready. Instead of striking with his weapons, Ajax landed on the shield with both feet and stomped the dark knight into the ground. As Siegfried rose to his feet, Ajax rushed in and swung upwards with the axe end of the Dunas, aiming right for the dark knight's head.

Siegfried arched back and the Dunas passed just beneath his chin. He lashed out angrily and the Balmung lance scored a painful blow on Ajax's side. Ajax stumbled back, clutching the wound, and Siegfried pressed his advantage. He stabbed again, and Ajax swung the spear-end of his weapon to intercept. Siegfried smirked, it wouldn't be enough.

But Ajax shifted seamlessly into his X-Evolved form, and the thin spear was replaced with a massive shield. The momentum increased and the shield easily deflected Siegfried stab. Ajax retaliated with a thrust of his own, and his beam lance slashed across Siegfried's chest. It only succeeded in cutting through the outer layers of his armor, but it was enough to push the dark knight back.

"Not bad," Siegfried sneered. "You've gotten better."

"Oh," Ajax said with a smirk. "You have no idea."

=====

Kairi slashed her sword. She scowled as Lazarus nimbly jumped out of the way. The monster clown laughed. He was enjoying this all too much. He was a terrible thing, all chaos and bloodshed. Kairi would savor putting his head on a spit. He released his four swords and jumped back laughing as she fended them off with her single blade. Kairi then swung around her crossbow with her other hand and fired a dozen Lightning Arrows. Lazarus turned them back with his Clown Trick, but Kairi deflected them with her sword. She was ready this time.

She dashed forward, hugging the ground, and as Lazarus prepared for her attack, the golden falcon, Flare, struck. It slammed dead center into Lazarus's forehead and stunned him.

Kairi rushed forward, grasped the diamond-shaped shield on her left arm shouted, "Punishing Storm!" and hurled it at Lazarus. A tornado rose from the shield and pummeled Lazarus. The Black Hand let out a howl of pain as he was thrown through the air. Kairi smirked. This would be the end for him...

=====

Hyperion and Yggdrasil stormed up and through Samhain's keep. Hyperion kept his weapons drawn, waiting for any stray Diaboromon to get in his way. Lucky for them, they stayed clear. With a roar, Hyperion crashed through the great door that led to Samhain's inner sanctum. The Black King was waiting for them, seated on his terrible throne.

"So you've finally arrived, Yggdrasil," Samhain mused. "In retrospect, I shouldn't have left your assassination to soldiers, no matter how compitent. I should have seen to it myself. But now, you and your little knight have delivered yourselves to me oh-so willingly. I'm touched. Hyperion, I had no idea this was who you followed. I thought for sure Legion had somehow ensorcered you. But you serve God? That's just precious."

"Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth," Hyperion growled. "I'l remove it soon enough."

"Oh, I'm sure," Samhain said sarcastically. The floor suddenly rose up and ensnared Hyperion. "Because your track record against me has been so impressive." He turned and slowly walked over to Yggdrasil, shifting into his bestial form as he did. "Now, Yggdrasil, my one true love, are you done with this little game? Will you join with me once more? I served you so faithfully."

"You engineered chaos upon chaos," said Yggdrasil. "Disaster upon disaster. Your machinations resulted in war and darkness."

"All in your name!" Samhain roared. "Everything I ever did was for you! I was your greatest Guardian, your greatest Champion! And how did you thank me? How did you repay me? You cast me out! So I will not rest until I see you suffer as I have suffered!"

"Oh, my poor Samhain," Yggdrasil whispered. She strode forward and placed a hand on the Black King's cheek. "My poor deluded Samhain. I did not cast you out, you fell away. And I could hold you no longer. Moreso than any of the others, I loved you."

"Is this how you show that love?" Samhain growled. "You find this abomination to guard you?" He motioned to Hyperion. "You lay yourself in his arms and show him your favor over me?" Even so, Yggdrasil and Samhain held each others like lovers. Hyperion roared and strugged against his bonds. He cried out in anger and despair. Could Samhain's voice break the mind of God as well?

"I'm sorry, my love," Yggdrasil sighed. "But that always was your one fatal flaw."

"What do you mean?" Samhain asked.

"Arrogance," Yggdrasil whispered. She thrust her hand into Samhain's chest and the Black King let out a roar of absolute rage and agony. Yggdrasil ripped a glowing red sphere from his chest and held it aloft. Ragnarok pulsed in her hands, raging against her own power. "Hyperion!" Yggdrasil called out, barely holding against Ragnarok's power. "I've separated him from Ragnarok! The rest is up to all of you! Remember, have faith!"

Then in a flash of light, Yggdrasil and Ragnarok were gone, shunted away to another plane where they would wage their own godly war.

Hyperions bonds crumbled away, and the white knight strode forward. He glared death upon Dracul Samhain. The Black King looked at his hands, desperately trying to conjure Ragnarok's power. But it was all for naught. He was on his own.

"Dracul Samhain!" Hyperion snarled. The telltale *snikt* signaled the drawing of the Transcendent Sword. "I would have words with thee!"

Hotshot

Rai rocketed towards Marduk, leaving a cloud of dust behind. "YAHOOOOOO!!!!! This is gonna be your last fight, Wabbit! It's hunting-season now!"

Marduk sidestepped, narrowly avoiding Rai's charge. He smirked. "Have you forgotten? You are a rabbit too."

Rai chuckled, and turned in midair, aiming his cannons at Marduk. "Yeah, but I'm the one with the guns! Rapid Fire!"

Rai's missiles streaked through the air and crashed simultaneously into the DarkCherubimon's body. Marduk cringed, and retreated back a step. He growled, and raised his huge hand in the air, calling down a bolt of lightning from above. "LIGHTNING SPEAR!!!"

Laughing maniacally, he sent his lightning bolt hurtling towards Rai. The Rapidmon ducked, narrowly avoiding the strike, and then weaved around it. In a flash, he was directly above Marduk, raining down missiles from above. As the smoke and dust cleared, Marduk emerged, unscathed.

Gah...he's regenerating too fast! Rai thought, his eyes narrowing. Looks like I'll have to Digivolve again!

“Golden Light of Destiny; friends, rest your hopes within me. With this power I shall be, made anew by Fate’s own decree! Rapidmon Digivolve to...Golden MegaGargomon!”

Rai, now in his Mega-form, crashed down on top of Marduk, slamming the DarkCherubimon to the ground with a forceful punch. Rai stomped back a pace, and cocked his guns. "BRING IT, WABBIT."

----------

From behind Siegfried, Karasu appeared, with his sword raised above his head. "Raven King Sword!"

Siegfried swerved around just in time, deflecting the attack with his enormous shield. Then, parrying Karasu's next swipe with his lance, he slammed his shield into the Ravemon, sending him tumbling backwards.

Karasu stood, and shook his head. "Whew...Mode-changing is certainly annoying, but I guess I'm going to have to...Look to the air, you foul beasts, and stare! For by my power, you will fall! One by one, I will destroy you all! Ravemon Digivolve to...Ravemon Burst Mode!"

Karasu moved with a speed unmatched by most. His very existence seemed to erase itself from the Digital World, for just a moment. Then he materialized behind Siegfried, and crashed into the knight from behind. Siegfried staggered forward, and swung his lance around, hoping to catch the Burst Mode, but Karasu was too fast.

Siegfried scowled, and lifted his shield above his head, blocking one of Karasu's aerial attacks. But he was unable to contend with the Digimon's immense speed. Karasu spun through the air, made a sharp turn, and was behind Siegfried once again.

But this time, the ChaosGallantmon was ready. He kicked the Ravemon with a backwards kick, sending Karasu flying backwards. The Burst Mode slid along the ground, and then staggered up.

"Urgh...that might leave a bruise..."

((OOC: Kamotz, feel free to control Karasu's movements in your next post, so the battle will go more smoothly))

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Fire met Shadow as Nova's Torrid Weiss collided with Belial's Screaming Darkness, the two attacks tearing each other to shreds.

Nova and Tytania hovered in mid-air, their Burst auras casting a radiant shroud of light over the valley and the frozen legions of Samhain whenever they unleashed an attack. Belial was darkness by comparison, his attacks casting only shadows.

This was truly a clash of Light and Darkness.

"Screaming Darkness!" Belial roared, unleashing bursts of darkness from his cannons. The powerful blasts tore through the air with incredible speed, but Nova and Tytania were able to evade them.

Enough dodging, Nova mused.

It was time to hit him and hit him hard.

"Tifaret!" Tytania called, gesturing and launching the Tifaret Jewels through the air to strike Belial. Nova followed the jewels, raising the Corona Blaze Sword...

Tytania smirked and gestured. Her Tifaret Jewels shone radiant pink and soared towards Nova, flowing into the Corona Blaze Sword to create something incredible.

The blade was altered, the seven spheres of radiant light within lending a hue of bright pink to the flames of its composition. The Corona Blaze Sword shone oh-so-bright as Nova raised it, Belial glaring at her with rage.

"CORONA BLAZE SWORD!" Nova roared, slashing with the Tifaret embued weapon and opening a great cut in Belial's shoulder. The demon growled in pain before hurling a fist at Nova, but the ShineGreymon turned and slashed her blade across his knuckles, pausing him long enough for her to dive out of reach. She continued to slash at him, but she knew all she was doing was irritating him...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Just as Marduk slammed into the ground, Balion, now in his Future Mode, hovered behind him. He began to build up power in his V-crest.

"Not bad, Sparkles!" he called over to Rai. "But watch this! Ray of Victory!"

A blast of azure power surged into Marduk's back. The DarkCherubimon tripped forwards and growled. Marduk turned his head to face Balion.

"Lightning Blast!

The Black Hand shot a burst of energy from his mouth towards the blue knight. Balion managed to quickly dodge it and appear next to Marduk with his sword raised over his head. He plunged the Ulforce Sabre into Marduk's neck, eliciting a snarl of pain.

However, the DarkCherubimon suddenly grinned. He began to heal the wound over the sword, causing Balion's arm to be stuck.

"Crap!" Balion swore, trying to wrench his right arm away.

"Hah hah hah... indeed... Storm of Judgement!"

One of the pitch black clouds looming over them released a barrage of lightning bolts straight downwards. Balion tried desperately to free his sword, but he was too late. The all of the bolts met at his horns and coursed through him. He let out a grating roar of unequaled agony.

As he still crackled with electricity, Marduk punched Balion with tremendous force, sending the dramon flying back into Rai.

Balion fell to the ground and coughed. "O-...Oww... M-Maybe we need a plan..." He looked up at Rai. "...Oh right... I guess I'm the brains of the pair... terrific..."

Hotshot

Balion fell to the ground and coughed. "O-...Oww... M-Maybe we need a plan..." He looked up at Rai. "...Oh right... I guess I'm the brains of the pair... terrific..."

"WHOA, NOW," Rai said, placing his hands on his hips, "LET'S NOT GET FULL OF OURSELVES...I HAVE MY MOMENTS!"

"Enough chit-chat..." Marduk muttered, grinning evilly as hundreds of lightning bolts formed and hovered above his head. "This will end the both of you! Thousand Spears!" With a downward swing of his arms, he sent all of the lightning-spears hurtling towards Rai and Balion.

Rai grabbed Balion by the neck and flung the UlForceVeedramon into the air. He knew he wouldn't have been able to dodge the lightning bolts anyway, so he didn't even try. At the very least, he could save Balion from getting the shock of a lifetime. The lightning spears plunged into Rai's body, but the MegaGargomon resisted. He cringed, and then chuckled, electricity still coursing through his body.

"HEH...COME ON...IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN DO?!"

Marduk's eyes narrowed. "Not even close..."

The two overgrown bunnies rushed at each other, grappling furiously. Marduk was still the stronger, though, and began to push Rai backwards. But Rai didn't give in. His muscles tensed, and he continued to fight back. Eventually, Rai's stubbornness reigned supreme over Marduk's pure strength, and the MegaGargomon hurled the DarkCherubimon backwards.

"HA! HOW DO YA LIKE ME NOW?!!"

Rai turned to Balion, and said, "LISTEN, BALLYHOO. I'M NOT SUPER-AWESOME AT STRATEGIES...BUT I THINK I KNOW HOW TO BEAT THIS PUNK...HIS REGENERATION TAKES A SHORT TIME TO COMPLETE...SO YOU CHARGE AT 'IM, AND I'LL SEND MY MISSILES RIGHT BEHIND YOU! ONCE YOU OPEN UP THE WOUND...MY MISSILES WILL BLOW IT BIGGER, AND THEN WE'LL FINISH HIM!"

Then, with a mischievous grin, he added, "HOPEFULLY I WON'T MISS...FOR YOUR SAKE..."

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Balion blinked in shock. "... That's a good plan, Rai... I'll pay you back for saving me later, bunnykins, but now..."

Balion rushed forwards towards Marduk. "We start!" The UlforceVeedramon readied his sword and he charged.

Despite his speed, Marduk wouldn't let Balion charge him without a fight. "Thousand Spear!" The DarkCherubimon sent countless bolts of lightning indescriminately in Balion's flightpath.

The Royal Knight was forced to slow down to dodge them so he didn't collide at full-speed into a cluster of electricity. Balion managed to agiley dodge them at the cost of his incredible speed, but he still charged at Marduk, sword ready.

Balion slashed his sword downwards into Marduk's chest, creating a gaping chasm filled with purple blood. Balion jumped back. The rest was up to Rai, and he prayed that his friend didn't hit hit him as well.

Hotshot

"MEGA BARRAGE!!!" Rai thundered, sending a huge torrent of projectiles after Balion. The missiles swerved around Balion, and crashed into Marduk...dead-on. The DarkCherubimon exploded in a flurry of smoke and debris. As the dust cleared, Marduk's severed body parts began to reassemble.

"ALRIGHT, BALION!! NOW!!" Rai roared, sprinting forward.

Marduk's eye widened menacingly. "Not so fast..." he hissed, focusing a huge mass of energy into his foul mouth. "Lightning Blast!"

A streak of white-hot energy erupted from Marduk's mouth, engulfing Rai and sending the MegaGargomon tumbling backwards. By this time, one of Marduk's hands had fully regenerated. He swept his arm at Balion, batting the UlForceVeedramon away with his massive arm.

Rai grunted. "NO! THE WOUND IS CLOSING! GIANT BAZOOKA!!"

As Rai's missile hurtled through the air, Marduk smiled. He halted the projectile with his psychic powers, spun in a circle, and redirected the missile...back at Rai. The MegaGargomon was struck by his own attack, and sent careening backwards.

He clawed at the ground to stop himself, and finally staggered to his feet. "...GRAHHH...THAT DIDN'T WORK...WE'LL HAVE TO RETHINK THIS..."

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Balion growled. "Maybe we should just blow him apart until he's just too small to regenerate! ...Grahh! I almost wish that I listened to Gotungir's tactic advice!"

"Ray of Victory!" Balion tried again. Unfortunately his attack was too concentrated to do much good.

"Damnit... Rai!" he called out, calling the bunny by name. "I can't fight him if he's in one piece! He'll just keep regenerating until I've worn myself out. I can draw his attention, but you're gonna need to blow the bunny to tiny pieces!"

Balion circled around Marduk and used Ray of Victory as he went, planning to distract him.

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
"Karasu, with me!" Ajax called out. The two rushed forward and Ajax ignited his beam lance.

The flash of light caught Siegfried's attention, and Karasu rushed forward, slashing hard with his bladed wings in the moment Siegfried was distracted. Siegfried deflected the blow with his shield, but then Ajax rammed the Aegis into Siegfried's chest with all his weight behind it. He pushed hard, driving Siegfried back as the eye of the Aegis began to glow.

"Shield of the Just!" Ajax cried out. Power ripped from his shield and drove Siegfried through the air. The dark knight let out a cry of pain, but it was smothered as Ajax's blast slammed him into the ground. "Karasu, we need to keep this pressure up," said Ajax.

"Will do," Karasu answered. He shot forward, slashing with his wings. Siegfried managed to raise his shield and block the blow, but Ajax rushed in and slashed his lance across the dark knight's side. Siegfried snarled and smashed Ajax with his shield, but was caught by two consecutive slashes from Karasu's wings. Siegfried retaliated and caught Karasu in the chest with a snap-kick. Ajax stabbed at the dark knight, but he parried with his own lance and drove the edge of his shield into Ajax's face. Karasu rushed forward but Siegfried lashed out with his lance and slashed Karasu across the chest. Ajax ran forward to assist, but Siegfried was prepared.

At once he unleashed his Chaos Disaster and Judecca Prison. The Chaos Disaster lanced into Karasu and sent him flying up through the air while Judecca Prison plowed into Ajax and threw him across the ground.

Hotshot

Karasu cringed as he rose to his feet. That attack had taken quite a toll on the Ravemon...even in Burst Mode. Panting, Karasu stepped forward, and then rocketed into the sky. He appeared above Siegfried a moment later, and struck the dark knight like a bolt of lightning.

Siegfried lifted his shield up to defend against Karasu's attack. The two collided, and Karasu was sent spiraling backwards, but not without knocking Siegfried to the ground first. The ChaosGallantmon scowled and leaped to his feet.

He lifted the Balmung and charged furiously at Karasu, who somersaulted backwards to avoid the stab. He back-flipped to avoid another, then front-flipped to leap over Siegfried. Now the two Digimon were back-to-back. Karasu swung his sharpened wing at Siegfried, who instinctively ducked, and performed a sweep-kick at Karasu's legs.

The Ravemon agilely hopped over Siegfried's sweep-kick, and then leaped back to avoid an upward jab of his lance. "Hm..." Siegfried murmured, his eyes narrowing. "You are a fast one...agile too. But my skill far surpasses yours."

Karasu chuckled. "We shall see."

--------------------

Rai fired off a blast of projectiles at Marduk, who was distracted by Balion's attacks. The missiles struck Marduk square in the chest, but did little more than leave a few small holes in the DarkCherubimon's body. He regenerated almost immediately.

Marduk grinned maniacally. He swiped Balion away and flew through the air at a tremendous speed, headed for Rai. Just as Rai was about to meet Marduk's attack head-on, the DarkCherubimon rotated slightly, narrowly avoiding Rai. He skidded to a stop behind the MegaGargomon. "Lightning Spear!"

The attack struck Rai square in the back, and sent the massive rabbit hurtling forwards. He landed face-first on the ground. Embarrassing.

Rai frowned. This guy wasn't making his job very easy...

Then it hit him. Marduk could heal his outward wounds quicker than Rai could make them, but...suppose he took an...unorthodox approach. This would have to work. If it didn't...well...he'd probably die.

He turned around, and, to Marduk's surprise, degenerated into his Rapidmon-form. Marduk cackled, "Hehehe...what's this? Unable to sustain your MegaGargomon-form any longer? Or are you giving up?"

Rai's eyes narrowed. "Neither. This form is my trump-card."

Marduk raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really?"

The Rapidmon grinned. "Bet you've never seen a rabbit pull a rabbit out of a rabbit before..."

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Balion stood to his feet and raised an eyebrow. "What the-... What is that lunatic bunny doing? What can he do as a Rapidmon that he can't do as a MegaGargomon besides faster? ...Not faster than me, no less, but still."

Within seconds, Balion was beside Rai.

"Tell me you have a plan... A plan that worked better than the last one..." he said, panting.

----------------------------------------------------------

Nidhogg let out another ferocious roar before firing a Metal Impulse attack that Strom managed to barely deflect with the Caledfwlch wings. He flew towards the undead digimon, ready to strike. Erebus also flew in from the left with his Voltage Blade ready in hand.

"Yes, bring your digicores to me so that I may devour them!" Nidhogg roared.

"Avalon's Gate!"

"Voltage Blade!"

The Ambrosius stabbed into the former Arahon's stomach and the Voltage Blade into his side. Nidhogg merely growled and punched Strom hard in the snout. The draconic knight was driven back and his lance along with him. Nidhogg then turned his attention to Erebus.

With a grunt, Nidhogg grabbed Erebus' face and threw him into the ground before bringing his orbed tail down into the Justimon's back. Erebus snarled in pain and attempted to get up, but Nidhogg kicked him in the face so that he flew onto his back and then place his foot on his chest.

"Erebus!" Strom yelled, rushing forwards.

"Durodiin." Power was unleashed from Nidhogg's maw and towards Strom. It clipped his shoulder and caused him to recoil, but the Examon stubbornly kept charging.

"Avalon's G-" Strom plunged the Ambrosius forwards, but it was quickly caught by Nidhogg. The DexDorugoramon lifted it and Strom with it vertically above his head before opening his mouth where power was built up.

"Metal Impulse!" He roared and fired massive power into Strom's chest as he let go of the Ambrosius. The Examon was sent flying skywards.

"Now..." he said, looking down at Erebus who struggled under his foot. "Allow me to relieve you of your soul."

Nidhogg reached towards Erebus' chest with his sharp claws.

"No... I will not be beaten the likes of you. Good shall triumph. And you shall go to hell."

"I will show you hell... and then that dragon who seemed to know so much about it," he responded, preparing to drive his hand into Erebus' chest to take his digicore.

Erebus growled. "I will delete every shard of your data from this earth..."

"I think not." Nidhogg brought his claws downwards.

Erebus was enveloped with light. Strom was righting himself in the air when he saw. "Erebus!" he yelled.

Exalted blood runs through me now. To purge this darkness, that is my vow. With golden wings I rise up high. With my holy grace, this evil shall die. Sacred Slide Evolution! Goldramon!

Nidhogg was forced to lift up his foot at the holy power eminating from his prey. A winged, golden dragon emerged and flew backwards into the air. He wore a helmet as well as two bracelets- one red, one blue. Erebus' Goldramon form was much younger and youthful than that of the Goldramon of the Three Great Dramons.

"How generous..." Nidhogg said with intrigue. "You give me a decent meal to feast on."

"I beg to differ..." he replied as Strom flew down to his side.

Nidhogg unleashed another quaking roar as he prepared to attack again...

Hotshot

"Tell me you have a plan... A plan that worked better than the last one..." Balion said, panting.

Rai nodded. "If you remember...Marduk wasn't always like this...he was one of those Three Angel Digimon...along with Rhea and the Seraphimon who is now Azazel. Castiel and Uriel were their names."

Rai's gaze narrowed and remained fixed on Marduk. "He's like this now because of the Purple King...but I'm gonna fix that."

He chuckled. "Just stand back...and watch."

In the blink of an eye, Rai vanished, rocketing straight at Marduk. The DarkCherubimon let out a grunt, and then smiled in his usual, vile sort of way. "Hehehe...coming at me head-on? Have you learned nothing? My, my...you really are pigheaded!"

Rai ignored the comment and streaked through the air, aimed right for Marduk's mouth. As the DarkCherubimon focused a mass of electricity in his palm, he laughed venomously. Big mistake.

The Rapidmon hurtled into Marduk's mouth and down his throat. The DarkCherubimon gulped, and then raised an eyebrow. "Eh? Well...that was...unexpected," he muttered, turning to Balion. "Oh, well...at least one of them is out of the way..."

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Balion's eyes widened. "... RAI! NO!" he yelled rushing forwards with a roar.

Marduk chuckled at the furious UlforceVeedramon. "He didn't taste very good, either."

"You're gonna DIE!" Balion roared in a draconic rage, preparing his sword. Azure power enveloped his as he flew, leaving a blue jet stream in his wake.

He appeared above Marduk's head and slashed the Ulforce Saber downwards. "HRAAAAGH!" It entered Marduk's head, but didn't do much. Still in a fury, Balion hacked viciously at every inch of Marduk that he could.

"Why did you do that, Rai?!" he sorrowfully thought, but he continued to channel his sadness into anger and power...

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
"Testament!"

With an almighy blast of power, Azazel hurled Osiris to the ground, pushing the Raihimon right into the earth. Osiris snarled and started to stand, but Azazel kicked him and hurled him back into a frozen Diaboromon. The beast remained still, and Osiris stood, angry and in a great deal of pain.

Still, he had one weapon left, and Azazel seemed pretty hurt too.

Osiris focused, drawing on the darkness deep in his soul...

“In searing day, in chilling night, with iron resolve, I shun the light. With Death’s black gaze, with umbral will, for a future bright, I resolve to kill. Ancient Evolution. AncientSphinxmon!”

He strode forwards on all fours, snarling in rage as he approached Azazel. The fallen angel laughed.

"So, you bring out your strongest form," he said "this will be interesting."

Osiris growled and charged at the Black Hand, but Azazel drew his Excalibur blades and took flight, ready to land on Osiris's back and behead him with the blades. However, Osiris was prepared for the trick and leapt mid-charge, darkness condensing in his maw...

"Dark Roar!"

A sphere of pure darkness exploded from Osiris's mouth like a cannonball, striking Azazel in the leg and exploding with enough force to flip the angel in a somersault, giving Osiris enough time to use his paws and slap the Excalibur blades from the once-noble Digimon's hands. Azazel snarled and slammed his palm into Osiris's armour.

"Shadow--"

"NO!" Osiris roared, headbutting Azazel in the stomach and winding the abomination. As Azazel fell backwards, Osiris blasted him with a Necro Eclipse before rising up on his back legs.

"DARK ROAR!" he cried, crashing down and unleashing a burst of darkness that took Azazel and crushed the angel into the earth with enough force to shatter rock.

Azazel howled in pain as he was crushed into a layer of boulders and left lying there. He started to stand, but a wary Osiris quickly blasted the angel with Dark Roar again, pressing Azazel back into the boulders.

The noble AncientSphinxmon landed and shifted back into his Raihimon form, summoning his spear, and after a second of thought, his shield. It never hurt to be prepared.

He stalked forwards, raising the spear as he beheld Azazel, the fallen angel's armour tattered, wings ripped. Blood leaked from his wounds. It had truly been an intense battle, both sides giving it their all.

But Osiris was the apparent victor.

Azazel raised his head and gave a chuckle.

"So the idealistic fool comes to prove his dreams can be accomplished," he laughed.

"Don't bother taunting me, Azazel," Osiris snapped "I come only to save the soul of Uriel Seraphor. And I will gladly impale you with this spear and set that noble soul free, to rest forever in paradise."

He raised the spear and spun it in his grip, ready to impale Azazel thorugh the heart...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
"Gold Flame!"

"Pendragon's Glory!"

Nidhogg growled as Strom and Erebus hit him from opposite sides. He couldn't focus on one of the other kept attacking him like this. He wanted to finish this quickly.

"You filthy newts shall die now..." With that, Nidhogg was engulfed in an unholy darkness. He grew in size an became a ferocious monster.

"The blackest night falls from the skies. My darkness grows and all light dies. I crave your hearts and your demise. Dracul Samhain now bids me...RISE!"

Dexmon.

Nidhogg let out a primal roar that caused the very ground to tremor. Strom looked at him warily.

"As if he wasn't strong enough..."

Erebus in his Goldramon form remained still with his eyes closed.

"Process F!" Nidhogg released a collossal stream of green power from his mouth.

Strom attempted to shield himself with his wings, but was stunned when the energy burned right through the metal. The Examon quickly dodged the field of fire before more damage could be done.

"Impossible! It got through my armour!" he growled in pain.

"Process F!" roared Nidhogg again, this time aiming for Erebus.

The beam surged towards Erebus, who still calmly had his eyes closed. He waited until the very last second before dodging out of the way of the beam. The exalted dramon looked over to his companion.

"Strom..."

"What is it?" he replied, readying his Ambrosius lance and fiddling with the shells inside of it.

"There is life inside Nidhogg."

Strom looked over. "He's undead. He eats other digimon's digicores. I hardly call that 'life'."

"No... the DexDorugoramon was undead, but he had a digicore. Dexmon are undead but have no digicores. There's life inside of him."

"I don't understand, Erebus."

"The life inside of him is Arahon Alpha..."

Last edited:

Hotshot

Rai's eyes blinked open. His first thought was, 'I'm alive? Heh...cool. It worked.' Then he turned and surveyed his surroundings. A huge expanse of black and purple nothingness stretched around him, with hundreds of black orbs floating around through the air. Rai instinctively reached up to touch one of them, but it floated it away, repelled by his holy aura.

Suddenly, an angelic voice spoke up from behind him, "Greetings...Rapidmon. Are you the promised messenger of Yggdrasil?"

Rai turned around and faced the speaker. It was Castiel...in all his shining glory. Rai was forced to look away, for his own purity was nothing compared to the light that emanated from Castiel. "...Err...sorry...I don't know anything about a promised messenger...but I came to blow Marduk to bits."

"That is good enough for me," said Castiel, reaching down and lifting Rai's chin with his massive, yet gentle finger. "You are Rai, the Digimon of Destiny, are you not?"

Rai nodded. "I guess so. Sure, why not?"

"Then you are the promised one, for you were saved from death for this occasion," Castiel spoke, in a melodious tone. He motioned towards the floating black orbs that surrounded them. "This is the virus of the Black King that has infected my body...it can be destroyed only by the purest of light."

Rai looked puzzled. "...okay...so you want me to blow 'em up?"

Castiel gently shook his head. "No...for your mere missiles will do nothing to them. You must harness the power of Destiny within you. Then, and only then, will they be destroyed...and I will be freed from the Black King's hold."

"But...I don't know how to do that..."

Castiel smiled tenderly. "You must look deep within yourself...activate your inner power...and release the power of Destiny."

And with that, the holy image of Castiel disappeared, leaving Rai alone among the masses of dark orbs. Pondering Castiel's words, Rai muttered, "Look deep within myself...activate my inner power...release the power of Destiny?"

And suddenly, everything became clear to him. It was almost as if Castiel had implanted the words in his head. "Oh, Golden Light of Destiny, bringeth me thy sacred Key! Unlock my inner might, and bringeth me thine holy light! With it I shall dispel the Night, and maketh everything set right!"

Rai's eyes opened. The pure light of Destiny cloaked his body, and he felt his strength renew...no, he felt his strength increase. His imperfect body had become the host of the most perfect of all power. The power of Hope...

Rai slowly raised his arm cannons, and took one last look at the dark expanse around him, before he blew it to bits. "MIRACLE MISSILE!!!"

-----------------

Smoke poured from Marduk's mouth and nostrils. He felt searing, exploding pain like he had never felt before. And then his huge form grew, or rather, it bloated up, until finally, it exploded in a huge cloud of dark energy. A purple goop splattered all over the ground, some even splashing onto Balion's armor.

And then, from the smog, emerged two figures...

Last edited:

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Balion, drenched in the purple goop that exploded along with Marduk, stared in shock. One second he was hacking away at Marduk in a rage and doing little damage... the next, Marduk was gone and he was covered in a substance that looked like grape jelly.

He wondered if he did that. But then he saw a golden aura surround two figures. An angel digimon that he had never seen before... and Rai.

"Rai!" he yelled. Within a second, he had tackled the Rapidmon into a hug, despite being covered with Marduk blood and et cetera. "Hah! You're alive, you crazy idiot!" he said, overjoyed. Balion didn't even mind that his armour was virtually disgusting now.

"You did it!" he laughed. "I guess we should help the others now?"

----------------------------------------------

Strom stared at Erebus. "You mean... Arahon is..."

"He is alive and untainted by Samhain's or Nidhogg's darkness, but he is trapped deep within Nidhogg."

"How can you be sure?"

"I am sure. We must save him to defeat Nidhogg."

Strom growled. "No! I'm killing Nidhogg."

Erebus looked over. "And Arahon along with him?"

"He's not Arahon anymore! He killed Quintus! Won't killing him bring about the same result?"

The Goldramon stared deep into Strom's rage-filled green eyes. "Arahon did not kill Quintus. The thing enveloping Arahon did." Erebus kept staring at him and he could see Strom's true feelings. "Strom... Do you think that this is the dramon data telling you that you need to kill them? Ragna's data?"

The Examon didn't answer.

"It is not. It is you telling yourself that you need to avenge them. All of your friends. Ragna... Braon... Quintus... Gatmuz... They would all tell you the same thing. They wouldn't want you to allow Arahon to die. They would you want to save a life, not take one like their lives were taken. You may not trust my words nor believe them. Only you can decide how to drive Arahon out."

"... I appreciate the speech, Erebus; it's a lot coming from a guy who haven't met half the friends of mine that you mentioned. This must be your talkative form. Honestly, I liked it better when you kept to yourself."

With that, Strom flew high into the air. "Keep him busy."

Erebus sighed and released a Gold Flame attack on Nidhogg, which did little to nothing. He then quickly dodged.

Meanwhile, Strom was ascending from the surly bonds of earth, taking himself up into the atmosphere. He paused, looked around, and gave a sigh. The stars relaxed him for mere seconds before he threw himself back downwards towards the earth.

"Give me your soul, dragon," Nidhogg roared, blasting at Erebus.

Strom closed his wings and continued the nose dive. The pure speed and frictional heat he gained was enormous. The red knight burst through a black cloud and saw his large target below.

His red digizoid armour began to glow orange from the hear and Strom kept his gaze very precise as he held the Ambrosius out in front of him. He grew ever closer to Nidhogg.

"This is for Quintus... DRACONIC IMPACT!"

Nidhogg looked up in surprise. Strom was flying too fast for him to dodge or block him.

The Ambrosius entered Nidhogg's dimensional back first. Strom's arm followed, which he turned to widen the hole. Next Strom's head and then his entire body entered Nidhogg. All he saw inside was blackness and dark blood. He saw the brief glint of Arahon's armour and then his body curled up in a ball amidst the darkness. The draconic knight readied his lance to stab it...

"Strom, don't." A familar voice echoed through his head and Strom's eyes widened.

"Ragna?" he thought.

Something seemed to click in Strom's mind. He swung back the Ambrosius and instead grabbed Arahon by his armour. Strom and Arahon exitted Nidhogg from a gaping hole that Strom created in his gut. Nidhogg let out an unequaled bellow of pure agony. The two tumbled to the ground below Erebus, both drenched with the Dexmon's undead blood.

Strom quickly got to his feet and face Nidhogg, who was now roaring in pain and anger. With Arahon gone, he was severely weakened...

Last edited:

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Fire tore into Belial as Nova's Corona Blaze Sword opened rents in his flesh. Grunts of effort tore from Nova's lips as she swung the blade of solar fire over and over, cutting into Belial's body with all her might.

Belial howled in pain, lashing out with a great fist that struck Nova, tossing her into the frozen ranks of Samhain's legions. She hissed in pain as she hit the ground hard, her great blade ripped from her grip mid-flight and stuck into the earth several metres away.

Tytania took up the fight, calling her Tifaret Jewels with a single command, sharpening her vines into rapiers and charging. The Tifarets burned into Belial's flesh, striking the wounds from Nova's blade and sending surges of pain through the Black Hand. Then the Rosemon struck, stabbing and slashing at Belial with her rapiers, sending rivulets of black blood running across the demons armour.

He hissed in pain, lashing out with an outstretched palm and knocking Tytania away before opening his cannons.

"Screaming Darkness!" he cried, unleashing blasts of energy that crushed Tytania into the ground, then exploded and seared into her. She screamed in agony and lay still, burns livid in the holes torn through her clothes.

Nova snarled and stood up, tearing the Corona Blaze Sword from the earth and raising it.

"You'll die this day, Belial," she hissed "all you Black Hands shall perish by our blades! Prepare to burn!" She took flight, charging, readying the Corona Blaze Sword to strike...

"Crimson Mist!" Belial roared, launching lethal clouds of red mist from his cannons, but Nova was ready as always.

"Torrid Weiss!" she called, unleashing torrents of white-hot flame from her wings that evaporated the mist and burned the poison to nothing.

Belial snarled in rage and glared at her, light flashing in his eyes.

"MENTAL ILLUSION!" he roared, light exploding in mid-air and blinding Nova for a second... then she fell to the ground, unaware of the battle, locked away by the attack...

---------------------

She groaned and opened her eyes to see a familiar gauntleted hand reaching out to her. She looked at the owner of the hand and gasped in shock, overjoyed. She took the hand and the one before her pulled her to her feet, hugging her in a tight embrace.

"Gatmuz..." she breathed, relaxing, safe in his arms.

"Nova..." he replied, kissing her brow as he held her tight.

They kissed, unaware of the world, barely noticing the other aspects of the illusion, barely noticing all their friends, living and dead, barely aware of the sun, the grass, the sand, the sea and the brilliant blue sky...

There was only the two of them and their love. Nothing else could intrude on their thoughts...

--------------------------

Tytania groaned and stood up, vines limp and Tifarets dull around her.

With a harsh groan, she forced herself to look towards Belial. He towered over an unconcious Nova, fist raised to crush her and destroy her, to end her life...

But Tytania denied that chance.

"Jewel of Heart!" she cried, gesturing wildly. Her Tifarets ripped the air as they struck Belial, searing into him and making him howl in pain.

"Insolent pest!" he roared "so sleep, you black rose! Mental Illusion!" Light flashed and Tytania started to collapse... but then her Burst Aura burned brighter and she stood straight, resisting the power with ease.

"HOW?!" Belial roared.

"My only dream is to defeat Samhain," Tytania whispered "so your illusion has no power over me. I just want to keep fighting until you all lie dead at my feet. That is my dream." Her cold gaze met Belial's and she charged, readying her rapiers.

As she hacked at Belial, his roars of pain shattered another illusion...

----------------

The world broke. Darkness tore across the sky, the sea, the grass and sand... Their friends were reduced to screaming wrecks that stood as the Black Hands. Siegfried, Belial, Lazarus, Azazel, Marduk, Nidhogg and Abaddon towered over Nova and Gatmuz and the two lovers could only try to fight.

Nidhogg blasted them with his Dorudiin. Lazarus cut them with his blades. Marduk struck with lightning, Azazel with the black stars, Belial with shadow and poison, Siegfried with black steel and darkness. And Abaddon stabbed at them and ripped them apart, his spears and Dot Matrix soon slaying Gatmuz once more.

Nova screamed and the world tore asunder...

She fell in darkness and death and despair...

---------------------

Eyes snapping open, she shakily stood. She beheld the battle of Tytania and Belial and her mind worked fast, understanding the truth.

She started to weep bitter tears at her loss, but flames burned in her eyes. Hate and rage burned as she roared her anger and loss and heartbreak to the black heavens, raising the Corona Blaze Sword.

"BELIAL!" she roared "I SHALL RIP YOU LIMB FROM HELLISH LIMB FOR THIS!"

She took flight and readied the blade in her grip to rip into Belial, to hack and slash and slay until nothing remained for her to strike and burn, until not one speck of darkness was left.

Her flames burned brighter, white-hot with rage as she chrged.

Finally, she swung her blade and tore into Belial's flesh.

He howled in agony as her flames tore through his body, setting him ablaze with the flames of Nova's hate and rage and pain. He screamed and turned, lashing out with colossal fists, hammering Nova into the ground before stepping onto her limp form, pressing her deeper into the earth.

She screamed as she was crushed underfoot, as agony tore through her. She wondered if this was the end, if soon she'd join her beloved Gatmuz in whatever lay beyond. She began to resign herself to that fate.

A spark of defiance blazed brightly in her soul and her fire blazed. Belial snarled and stepped back as they seared into his foot.

Nova stood weakly, her Burst Mode fading. Belial growled and turned away, towards Tytania.

"Screaming Darkness!" he roared, unleashing blasts of energy that crushed Tytania into the earth with incredible force. The Rosemon howled in pain and weakly stood. Her eyes met Nova's and she staggered towards her ally, holding a broken left arm.

"I can't fight any more," she hissed, falling to her knees beside Nova "I'm too hurt, Nova. You can fight on. Take what I have left and use it to kill this bastard. Go some way towards avenging Gatmuz."

"Tytania... I will," Nova said. The Rosemon pressed a hand to Nova's shoulder and her aura faded, flowing into Nova. The ShineGreymon closed her eyes and inhaled deeply.

Power rushed through her body like lightning as her flames exploded outwards. The Corona Blaze Sword burned white hot as she gripped it strongly, ready to strike down Belial.

Tytania fell limp beside her, shrinking down to Lilymon form. Nova silently thanked her ally before ascending gracefully to Belial's level.

The towering MaloMyotismon had endured the flames and rage of Nova and Tytania. Those attacks had weakened him, but he was still powerful and his anger had grown to a peak. Now his very gaze seared Nova and his voice blazed with hate.

But Nova by comparison was rage intensified and focused. Graceful, her rage in check and channeled to grant more strength, not allowed to corrupt her form...

This was a power to fear.

She charged, deadly silent and ruthless with purpose as she effortlessly swung the Corona Blaze Sword, opening a rent in Belial's armour and flesh, searing into the monsters body. He tried to swat her as a lesser Digimon might swat a fly, but flames burst into being around her to sear into his hands and force his blows away. Her blade tore open his flesh and rent his body.

He tried to unleash darkness and poison, but light and fire warded her form and tore his powers asunder. His strength was all he had, but she could evade his blows and summon fire to guard her form.

She had become an enemy intangible, invulnerable, undefeatable.

But slowly, she tired. Sluggish movements began, her strikes weaker. Triumph began to sing in Belial's soul, but Nova forced herself to fight on. His fists hammered her, his cannons ripped into her, his poison mist seared her flesh, but she fought.

He crushed her with fists and feet, but she stood and fought. He unleashed darkness from the cannons of ruined cities crowning his shoulders, but her light still shone. He breathed poison mist to wear her body to nothing, but she resisted death and weakness.

Nova was exhausted, weakened, tired. The blade in her hands was as heavy as lead, her movements ever so slow. Belial crushed her with ease, but she had to fight on.

And her Burst Aura faded, the Corona Blaze Sword becoming the GeoGrey Sword once more. She was weary from battle, with no respite, no mercy. Belial endlessly crushed and blasted and tore at her.

She would soon die unless he died first.

"Gatmuz..." she breathed as she lay there on barren earth and watched Belial's cannons open to obliterate her with darkness. "Please... my love... help me... wherever you are, give me strength to fight on..."

"Nova... I love you and I always will. You must fight, my love. Fight and live, Nova."

His voice came quietly, muffled, but it gave her strength. She stood and faced Belial, raising her sword with aching muscles, ready to fight to the last.

"Belial," she whispered "time for your black heart to finally stop beating. Time for your judgment!"

Energy coursed through her once more as she called forth her lesser evolution, her lesser evolved form to fight with...

"All who curse the Blackest Night, all who worship Yggdrasil's light. Hear my voice, my hope so bright, with my faith, your dreams take flight! Slide Evolution!"

She raised the great claymore, body shining with golden light as she became more bulky, stronger. Flame no longer burned on her flesh, it instead filled her soul and coursed through her veins like blood as she heard the voices of those gone, those who did believe in Yggdrasil's light.

And she knew, she would help their dreams take flight. Gold faded to shadow, but she still shone with faint white light as she spoke the name of her form, this last hope.

"VICTORYGREYMON!"

Raising the Dramon Breaker, she took a step forwards, the blade shining with golden light as she opened her eyes and stared Belial in the face. The MaloMyotismon stared back, but flickers of fear washed over his eyes.

Nova breathed once, then charged.

Taking flight, she dived into Belial, slashing once, twice, a third time, then kicking away to evade a heavy fist, Dramon Breaker in her grip suddenly exploding with golden light as a surge of blazing power washed through its blade.

"Trident GAIA!" she roared, levelling the blade at Belial and unleashing the conflageration, searing his chest with it as she charged once more through the flames, parting them to slash across the still white-hot flesh and forcing a roar of pain from Belial's lips.

"SCREAMING DARKNESS!" Belial roared, but Nova raised the Dramon Breaker and spun it in her grip, golden energy marking the blade's path...

"Victory Charge," she spoke. The thin tracery of energy before her expanded into a hexagon of golden light, Belial's attack exploding harmlessly against it as Nova charged, shield shattering around her as she raised her claymore.

"Dramon Breaker!" she called, slashing at Belial's ankle. He howled as the blade ripped through weaker armour to almost sever his leg entirely. The wounded leg buckled and he fell to one knee. He hissed and threw a punch at Nova, catching her off guard and slamming her into a frozen Armageddemon. She cried out in pain, but merely slashed her claymore across his palm and forced him to release her.

She rose to the level of his neck, readying the Dramon Breaker, raising it towards the sky.

"We, Black Hand, are the Avengers," she spoke softly "we are hope and all that's bright. We are the last free might. We come to end the Blackest Night."

The claymore fell and was levelled towards Belial's heart.

"So behold our power," Nova concluded as her blade shone fiery gold "the brightest light."

She charged.

Belial thrashed with flailing hands, but she summoned forth the Victory Charge to block the hammering blows. He unleashed darkness, but her blade tore through night with the fiery light of hope. He called forth poison, but Nova summoned the Trident Gaia to boil it away.

Her whole body shone gold an instant before she struck and her mouth opened to speak the fateful words.

"Through my bonds," she whispered "my friends and loved ones grant me hope and might. And with their hope granting me this light, I shall pierce your black heart and end you forever, Belial. I summon forth..."

"POWER OF BONDS!"

Energy exploded from her body in a halo of power, a corona of golden light that glowed like a sun as she ripped into Belial, impaling him with the force of her attack, sending holy fire and light racing through him as her blade pierced his core.

Belial screamed. Agony tore from his throat in an endless howl of disbelief, of rage, of pain...

He howled and roared and screamed. His cries rent the air asunder as golden light burned in his throat and eyes. He was unmade by golden fire and he could only scream as the light ripped through his flesh to illuminate him from within, like some hideous paper lantern.

He glowed golden for an eternal instant...

Then Belial simply exploded, Black Hand one second, dissolving data and golden embers the next.

Nova fell to her knees, golden aura fading away as she panted for breath, Belial's black blood staining her armour and blade and flesh. Her deep breaths were ragged gasps for air, to try and stave away exhaustion long enough to aid against Samhain.

The Dramon Breaker fell from her grip and her hands clenched into fists as she breathed heavily, trying so desperately to hold the exhaustion back long enough.

She took up her blade and slowly stood, raising it. She strode slowly through the frozen legions to the fallen Tytania. The Rosemon was unconcious, exhausted by battle and the gift she had given. Nova bowed her head and took up Tytania in one arm, grunting with the effort, but still able to bear the burden. She wouldn't leave her ally in danger. The legions could unfreeze at any time.

Looking over the battlefield, the war seemed to be going well for the Avengers. Already, it seemed Belial and Marduk had fallen. Nidhogg and Azazel seemed nearly defeated, their respective foes about to slay them. The other Black Hands and Avengers seemed obscured by the mass of the legions. But Hyperion and Samhain's battle in the keep above was invisible to Nova, black stone veiling the conflict...

(I know Power of Bonds isn't an official attack, but it's a cool thing and besides, we've all had our fan moments (Golden MegaGargomon, Imperialdramon Kaiser Mode etc). So please please cut me some slack Kamotz!)