• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Dark Reign (RPG Thread)

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Ajax took the sarcastic comment right out of Strom's mouth, probably for the better too. He rubbed his biceps to try to keep warm. "Thank you, Kairi..." he said, giving her a nod of gratitude.

Strom felt guilty that he nor no one else had tried to make her feel better after she lost Karmas and Fabian. He really did want to, but he had no idea how to go about it. He wasn't sure what he could possibly say to try to ease that pain, but Strom knew that if he tried he'd probably do more harm than good. Instead he chose to walk beside her in silence.

Quintus walked on the other side of Strom and listened to Ajax. "Out of those, a chasm best describes where it probably is... There's this really deep and kinda skinny one where I went during a particularly bad storm. At the bottom, I remember seeing this entrance in the wall, but it was pretty spooky so I didn't want to go in and explore it. That's my only real guess of where it is," Quintus said. He looked up at Strom, "What do you think?"

Strom didn't reply.

"Hello in there!" Quintus continued, whacking Strom's leg with his tail.

"Oh... Huh?"

The Growlmon stared at him. "You sure think a lot."

The Spinomon blinked. "... That's the first time I've been accused of that," he said with a grin appearing afterwards.

Quintus chuckled. "That's the spirit! Keep the morale up."

Strom looked down upon hearing Karasu's question. "Of course, Karasu. Go ahead," he replied with a friendly grin.

Balion just kept walking with his wings and arms folded, but he glanced over at the Ravemon. "Just so long as you don't say anything to set the Spinomon here off and cause him to sit on me or something."

Strom ignored him. The Spinomon uncomfortably looked at the Ravemon. "... So Karasu... What's it like? ...I mean, to die?"

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
"Sounds like the place to look then," said Theron, he nodded appreciatively to Quintus. The Avengers followed the Growlmon deeper into the snow. In the sky up ahead, two golden stars blazed...

=====

Rai's question shocked Caesar. Not because the Magnamon had no hopes or dreams, but because no one other than Theron had ever asked him about them. Caesar had simply believed that only Theron really cared. Caesar was hesitant; he rarely spoke to anyone other than Ajax or Theron, and wasn't quite sure how to go about it.

"I want...to...I only want to see," said Caesar. "The world, I mean...I want to see it clearly...and to understand what I am seeing. As it is now, I see the lines and shifts in the datasphere, but I only understand pieces. Belial showed me a world where I understood it all...and that is why I was able to break free. I...I'm sorry. I must be boring you." He glanced ahead. "Look, there's a chasm up ahead. We should inform the others."

Caesar and Rai quickly relayed what they had seen to the others, and Quintus confirmed that it was likely the same chasm he had mentioned. They made their way to the edge and the Growlmon nodded.

"Yep," he said. "This is definitely it. I think that wall entrance was down a little ways, but this is definitely it."

"Caesar. Rai," Ajax said. "Scout ahead. Let us know what you find."

Caesar and Rai dropped down into the chasm and followed it along the bottom until they came upon a wide cave opening. They cautiously entered the cave, but were disappointed to find that it ended only six meters in. Caesar raised a hand and it began to glow, casting a warm golden light over the cave walls.

Thousands upon thousands of hieroglyphs and cave drawings lit up under the light, almost glowing.

"I do not believe that these are the Akashic Records," said Caesar. "It is, however, a map...a codex to the true location of the records." He noticed Rai's dumbfounded look, which wasn't unexpected given the fact that the hieroglyphs were in no known language. "You simply apply a mathematical algorithm to the hieroglyphs and you can understand them." Rai's blank stare continued. "You are also of the golden armor, aren't you? You should be able to-"

Caesar cut himself off. Something was there, just beyond the glow...watching them.

A shadow flashed away behind them and Caesar turned let loose with a brilliant salvo of golden energy. Power flooded the chamber and exploded, blasting Caesar and Rai out of the entrance and back into the chasm. The Magnamon carefully watched the cavern for any sign of movement, but when nothing emerged from the cave-in, he and Rai returned to the Avengers.

"What the hell was that?" Ajax demanded. Caesar seemed to freeze up. He stared at Ajax with wide eyes. Theron put a calming hand on Ajax's shoulder, and the knight rolled his eyes.

"What happened?" Theron asked calmly.

"It wasn't the records," Caesar answered. "However it was a massive codex showing the true location of the records." He described the size and scope of the cavern and hieroglyphs in more detail. "I sensed something else was in there with us and acted accordingly. I had no other choice."

"Now what are we supposed to do?" Kairi wondered. "With the map gone, how are we supposed to find the records?"

"We follow the codex," Caesar said simply.

"I know," Kairi said with a frustrated sigh. "But you blew up the codex."

"Yes," said Caesar. "But I memorized it first."

"You memorized and translated an entire room full of unknown hieroglyphics in less than ten minutes?" Kairi wondered with disbelief.

"Yes," Caesar said simply.

"Then which way do we go?" asked Ajax.

Caesar turned and pointed a finger across the chasm and into the bleak white cold.

"That way."

Kairi sagged dejectedly and a collective groan went up from the rest of the Avengers.

"Looks like I'm working a hovering spell for you non-flyers," said Kairi to Strom and Quintus.

"Looks like it," Ajax confirmed.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
"Maybe we'll have evolutions that can fly," Quintus suggested.

"Speak for yourself," Strom replied, feeling like a constant hindrance to the group's mobility. "Thanks, Kairi," he said, awkwardly stepping towards her. "Well, here goes nothing," he thought.

He took a deep breath. "Kairi... I wanted to say that I'm sorry about Karmas and Fabian. I know they meant a lot to you and I regret not knowing them as much as I'd have liked to. I understand it's war, but I just thought that I should say that."

"Our next meal says that Ajax calls him a pansy," Balion whispered to Erebus though a grin, after overhearing the Spinomon.

Erebus merely let a grunt and uncloaked his wings.

"You're no fun, Cyberdramon. No wonder you don't have any friends."

Erebus cast a side glance at Balion. "You're hardly one to talk about having friends, Balion."

That shut the UlforceVeedramon up immediately. Balion walked away from Erebus and readied himself to fly...

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Osiris sighed and stepped onto a mound of packed ice and snow. It was time to take charge, and to do that, he needed to know about the enviroment and where they were going.

He glided over to Caesar and landed gently by the Magnamon.

"Caesar," he said "if I'm going to lead, I need to know what you found in that codex. Where did it say we needed to go? And did it mention defenses, guards of the Records? I need to be ready, so the team is ready. I... don't want to be responsible for any more deaths."

"I draw the line at Fabian and Karmas," he thought "I should have made good on my decision to lead. Instead, I was just afraid to take up the mantle. I can't let doubt and indecision plague my judgment... or I'll be responsible for more deaths, more friends and lovers torn apart."

"I won't be the one to let this team down."

Nova looked at the chasm, as Gatmuz.

"I wonder sometimes why Yggdrasil seems to insist that we must reach some obstacle that requires us to fly," Gatmuz muttered "when several of our friends are completely incapable of flight."

"Well, just be glad we can fly," Nova said.

"I suppose so," Gatmuz said with a smile.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Caesar regarded Osiris quizzically in silence. His eyes narrowed curiously, as if he was trying to see what the Anubismon was really trying to ask him. He seemed perturbed by his own efforts and shook his head in frustration.

"I do not understand what you ask," he told Osiris. "I told you what I know. I memorized the hieroglyphs. We must go that way in order to reach the records."

"You cannot simply ask Caesar as you would one of us," Theron explained to Osiris. "His mind works differently. He sees and perceives things differently." Theron turned to Caesar. "Caesar, obstacles, defensive measures, and enemy combatants?"

Caesar struggled to find the words. "I cannot say."

"You don't know?" asked Theron.

"No, I know," Caesar said. "But I cannot tell you."

"Why?" Theron wondered.

"Because...it is hallowed," Caesar answered as if it was the most obvious answer in the world. "This knowledge is righteous, divine, blessed, sanctified, consecrated, sacred, saintly. It is written that once gleaned, this knowledge cannot be shared."

"Our next meal says that Ajax calls him a pansy," Balion whispered to Erebus though a grin, after overhearing the Spinomon.
"I would," said Ajax. "If that didn't mean you get Erebus's meal. As it is now, I'd rather see you not eat." He walked past the UlforceVeedramon. "What did I tell you about speaking?"
"I wonder sometimes why Yggdrasil seems to insist that we must reach some obstacle that requires us to fly," Gatmuz muttered "when several of our friends are completely incapable of flight."
"Because there is no Yggdrasil," Ajax growled. "If he truly existed, he'd build us a rainbow bridge and a magic bullet to kill Samhain...or he'd kill Samhain himself..."

=====

The Avengers made their way to the other side of the chasm and strode through the snow. They continued on, even as the wind grew even more powerful than Kairi's spell and broke the flames and warmth. They continued on until they came to a sheer wall of solid ice.

"Aaaaand...there's no way we're climbing that," said Quintus. "Sorry. I've never really been past that chasm."

"Fair enough," Ajax muttered. "Now what."

"Now you LEAVE!" roared the snows. They suddenly picked up, swirling around the Avengers and icing up weapons and armor. "You're not welcome here."

"We're here on official saving-the-world business," Ajax declared. "How about you show yourself and get out of our way."

Ajax was suddenly struck by a fiery bolt and knocked to the ground.

"What arrogance you have," the voice howled. The snows died down completely and revealed the source of the voice. A six-legged, red-armored Sleipmon glared down at the Avengers. "There is nothing here for you. If you persist, I'll cast you down and destroy you."

Ajax growled and stood back up. "You're welcome to try," he said angrily. He poured power into the Dunas and leaped forward...

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
(I find the rainbow bridge comment rather ironic, considering that one of Sleipmon's attacks is named for a rainbow bridge...)

Nova snarled and summoned the GeoGrey Sword as she charged at the Sleipmon, raising her sword to strike him down...

"Bifrost!" Sleipmon called, raising his left arm to reveal a crimson crossbow. He fired a bolt of searing power from it, tossing Nova back as the bolt exploded.

"Damn you," she spat through a mouthful of blood, the blast had hit hard.

"Avengers!" Osiris called "do not be reckless! He's a powerful opponent!"

"Why is he attacking us? Did Caesar know about him? If so... was this the knowledge he would not share? Why wouldn't he warn us about such a powerful opponent?"

"Slide Evolution!" he called, becoming clad in Obsidian Digizoid and gripping his spear and shield "Raihimon!"

He would do this himself, taking every possible precaution.

"Gatmuz," he said quietly "Slide Evolve and hit him with your Full Metal Blaze. Try to incapitate rather than kill, I want to know why he's attacking us."

"Yes, Osiris," Gatmuz said "Slide Evolution! ZeedGarurumon!" His body shifted within a spiral of data, reforming into the powerful wolf.

Sleipmon noted the change impassively.

"FULL METAL BLAZE!" Gatmuz roared, unleashing his munitions in an almighty storm...

Sleipmon stared at the oncoming blasts and raised his shield.

"Odin's Breath!" he called.

An immense blizzard burst from the shield, his holy Niflheim, and engulfed the munitions, sweeping over the Avengers and chilling them with its icy grip.

The crimson knight lowered his shield slowly and the blizzard ceased.

Osiris gaped at what he saw.

Every single projectile Gatmuz had launched was still in the air, frozen solid. The blizzard had brought them to freezing point in seconds.

The weapons fell to the ground and shattered, every so brittle in their frozen state.

Osiris stared at Sleipmon in disbelief...

(Yeah, Sleipmon freezing the shots solid and stopping them in mid-air was Matix-inspired.)

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
"I would," said Ajax. "If that didn't mean you get Erebus's meal. As it is now, I'd rather see you not eat." He walked past the UlforceVeedramon. "What did I tell you about speaking?"

"Nothing I wasn't willing to ignore," Balion replied, flapping his wings and taking flight. "The last time I checked, you weren't leading anymore."

----------------

"Bifrost!" Sleipmon called out, firing a volley of arrows downwards.

Quintus stood in shock as the arrows flew towards him. Strom quickly grabbed Quintus with his tail and pulled him out of the way just before they pierced into the frozen ground.

"Woah, thanks Strom!" a wide-eyed Quintus said with deep gratitude.

"No problem," said Strom with a grin. "Just stay back and keep your tail outta trouble. Blue Prominance!" Strom launched his attack at the Sleipmon, while warming up his body at the same time when super-heating the metal. He expertly dodged the ranged attack.

"Rrrggh... Sonic Slash Rain!" he fired countless blades from his back at the Sleipmon, but they barely made a scratch against his red digizoid armour. "Damn, it's like fighting Daehak again!"

Balion took a more personal approach. He flew through the air and bashed the Sleipmon's left side with his shield before drawing his sword and plunging it towards him.

Erebus knew that his claws would do very little against it, so his tactic was to flank him and fire off a couple well-placed Desolation Claws. And so he did.

Hotshot

((OOC: I'd like to point out that I'm overjoyed that Kamotz used the name 'Sleipmon' rather than 'Kentaurosmon'. I like Sleipmon much better.))

Karasu rocketed into the sky, narrowly avoiding the Sleipmon's Bifrost attack. In just a moment, he reached his opponent, and slashed across his armor, which did little but scratch it. Karasu hopped back into the sky, puzzled. That should have worked...why did it not? This Digimon's armor is...strong.

Rai was unfocused. He was still confused...at everything. Caesar...was a queer guy. Not overly strange, but...queer. He wanted to see things, well, Rai could already see things. Maybe Caesar was blind? No, he memorized those hieroglyphics in just a matter of minutes. All of this merely made Rai want to talk to him more...to figure him out. Maybe if he did, he could break through that golden robot and find the Digimon inside.

With a new mission in his mind, Rai shot into the air, and barraged Sleipmon with his missiles. "Rapid Fire!"

"Odin's Breath!" roared Sleipmon, creating an icy blizzard that surrounded him, shielding him from the explosions. He then formed the blizzard into a massive vortex and sent it crashing into Rai. The force of the wind, ice, and snow knocked Rai out of the air. He crashed down on the snow below.

"...yeowza. That wasn't very pleasant..."

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Nova snarled as she leapt at Sleipmon again. Distracted as he was by Balion and Erebus attacking him, Sleipmon was unable to deal with her and her GeoGrey Sword scraped against his Red Digizoid armour uselessly.

She growled in frustration as her blade continued to prove useless against the solid Red Digizoid. Sleipmon was the walking Digimon equivalent of a battle tank.

Well, he needed some firepower before that could be said.

Of course, he had to have firepower.

"Odin's Breath!" Sleipmon called, raising Niflheim towards Nova and unleashing a brutal gale of chilling wind that cut into the ShineGreymon, chilling her to the bone. She growled in pain as the freezing winds tore into her, freezing her solid.

"Nova, move!" Osiris yelled, charging at Sleipmon and readying his spear "Blazing Spear!"

The spear thrust just rebounded from Sleipmon's solid armour, like every other damn attack.

Nova stumbled away from the blizzard, ice cracking as she moved. The cold sapped her strength and she felt faint, starting to collapse.

Gatmuz caught her just before she hit the ground, holding her close to warm her.

"Gatmuz!" Osiris called, still trying in vain to strike Sleipmon in some weakness in that armour "Burst Evolve! Your strength may be able to overcome this Red Digizoid!"

"What about Nova?! She's freezing, Osiris! If she doesn't get warmer, she could get hypothermia!"

"Damn it," Osiris muttered "Gatmuz, just Burst Evolve! Nova can survive a while longer!" Gatmuz hesitated. "GATMUZ, FOR YGGDRASIL'S SAKE BURST EVOLVE!"

"Right..." he replied, ashamed at himself. It was clear he was needed. He paused only to kiss Nova once, then he stood and faced Sleipmon.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
The Sleipmon's six legs allowed him to maneuver extremely quickly. He bunched all six beneath him and used their tremendous power to launch himself forward. He slammed--shield first--into Balion and sent the blue knight flying. He fired burning arrows towards Strom and Erebus to get them out of his way. Ajax leaped forward and let loose his Final Crest, but the Sleipmon blocked the full attack with his giant shield and struck back with Odin's Breath, freezing Ajax in a block of ice.

"Caesar, with me!" Theron called out. But the Magnamon refused to move. "Caesar, what are you doing? Help us defeat him."

"I cannot," said Caesar. "He is holy. He is to be revered. Volund serves the One True Purpose as described in the hieroglyphics."

"Then why is he attacking us?" Theron asked as he fired his Rinkageki to counter Bifrost.

"Because we seek to undermine his duty," Caesar answered. "For us to succeed, Volund must fail."

Kairi lent her might to the battle as well, but even her attacks seemed to bounce off the red knight's armor as he raged against the overwhelming odds the Avengers represented. However, he was beginning to tire. They could all see it. Even a warrior as powerful and well-equipped as he would fall to the combined might of all the Avengers. Volund the Sleipmon must have known as well...but he persisted. He fought on.

"You shall not pass!" he roared as he caught Osiris and Gatmuz with Odin's Breath and sent them flying into the snow.

"Shut up!" Ajax roared. The ice around him blew apart as an angry, burning-red aura exploded from within him. "I'd tell you to come down off your high horse, but I don't see that happening."

"Insolence!" Volund howled. He unleashed his Bifrost arrow yet again, but Ajax casually stepped away from the attack.

Ajax rushed forward, wielding both halves of the Dunas, moving and fighting exactly as Siegfried had done. He dodged and weaved around several more fiery arrows. He let loose his Rage of Wyvern, and while Volund managed to block the attack, the force of the blow knocked him off balance.

It was all the opening Ajax needed.

The angry knight hurled the spear-end of the Dunas lance. It struck Volund's arm and caused him to drop his shield. Ajax then sprinted forward, getting in close. He grabbed the crossbow and pushed it away, and then he leveled the axe-end of the Dunas right at Volund's face.

"Final Crest!" Ajax called out. Power ripped from his weapon and slammed into Volund. The red knight went flying into the ice cliff wall. Ajax stepped over to him and kicked the Muspelheim bow away. Ajax grabbed the tired knight by his white hair and pulled his head back. He raised the Dunas high and prepared to swing down on the Sleipmon's neck with all his might.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom rolled his eyes. "While we're still young, Dog-breath," he muttered to himself while attempting to take precise aim at the Sleipmon without accidentally frying Balion... not that he'd mind that much if he did...

Just for 'precautionary purposes' Strom used himself as a barrier between the unconscious Nova and the Sleipmon as well as the others in combat, so if any stray attacks were to come in her direction, he'd take the hits instead.

"Quintus!" he yelled. "See if you can warm her up or something!"

The Growlmon ran over. "What? So should I hug her or something?"

"NO!" he said louder than he intended. Soon after, his face flushed. "I mean just use your fire breathing or something so she won't go into hypothermic shock!"

Quintus nodded and breathed fire close to Nova without the flames actually making contact. Meanwhile, Balion kept hacking and maneouvering in a constant, yet spontaneous fashion- slicing one area then flying to another angle and attacking from there.

"Damn. You can't hide behind your armour forever!"

The Sleipmon attempted to get some distance between himself and Balion so that he could fire off some rounds from his 'Muspelheim' crossbow. He managed to, but Balion parried the barrage of arrows with his shield.

"So many arrows, I expected at least one to hit its mark!" Balion taunted while soaring in for a slash.

"He's getting careless," Erebus thought to himself, also moving close and approaching from another angle in order to cover Balion, should his cockiness get him into trouble.

(OOC: Just for conveniance sakes and the fact that I didn't want the time it took to write that be wasted, I'm going to pretend that the above wasn't beaten by Kamotz.)

[After Kamotz's post]

Strom growled as the flaming arrows hit him, some richocheting off of his hide while others sunk into it. He snarled in pain, but he remained standing.

Balion regained his midair equilibrium with a few flaps of his wings. He saw that Ajax was now about to bring down his axe onto Volund. "Hey! I did all the work! I'm gonna finish him off!" he said, rushing forwards with his beam sword.

Erebus flew near to block Balion's path. "Hold it... Should we not see why he attacked us? He's not of Samhain's army, perhaps he has a valid explaination..."

The Cyberdramon kicked Balion backwards and flew towards the pair, grabbing hold of Ajax's Dunas in the process before it could be used to kill the Sleipmon. "Let's hear what he has to say, first..."

Last edited:

Hotshot

Karasu dove into the fray, grabbing hold of Ajax's other arm to strengthen Erebus's hold. "Yes, Ajax, this Digimon intrigues me. I wish to know what he has to say. Perhaps...a misunderstanding has taken place?"

Rai staggered to his feet, ready to blow their Sleipmon opponent to bits. He looked up at his target and stopped. Ajax looked ready to behead the Digimon, but Erebus and Karasu were holding him back.

He looked inquisitively at Caesar, who refused to fight the six-legged knight. Caesar obvious knew something they didn't. "What's...what's going on here?!" Rai asked, rather loudly. "Why are we stopping Ajax from lopping off his horse-head?"

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Ajax wretched the Dunas from Erebus's grip then spun around and punched the Cyberdramon in the stomach. He brushed past Karasu, bumping against his shoulder and using his greater size and weight to push him aside.

"Don't ever lay your hands on me again," he snarled.

Theron watched Ajax cautiously. "He's doing it," he whispered to himself. "He really is." He then turned to Volund. "Sleipmon, why have you attacked us?"

"I am Volund," said the Sleipmon. "I serve the One True Purpose. And I do not answer to the likes of you."

"The likes of us?" Kairi asked. "What does that mean? Who do you think we are?"

"You are the darkness, the living death that walks," said Volund. "I sensed your arrival here. I summoned the north winds and the frozen breath of gods to turn you back. But you persisted. You seek to wield the knowledge of the records for your own selfish gain, as so many others have."

"There's nothing selfish about what we desire to do," said Theron. "We seek the knowledge of the Akashic Records in the hopes that they might reveal a way for us to destroy Dracul Samhain."

"You seek to destroy the Black King?" asked Volund. "Then why did you attack me?"

"You attacked us, you raging bafoon!" Ajax snarled. But Theron sent him a stern look and he turned and stalked off.

"I attacked because I thought you the Black King's agents," Volund explained. "Had I known..."

"What can you tell us about the records?" Theron asked. "Do you know them? Can you read them? How can we stop Samhain."

"I wish you would not speak that name," said Volund. "To speak it is to invite death." He stopped and stood, wincing as he fought against pain. "I serve the One True Purpose by protecting the Akashic Records. I do not know their secrets. However, I also guard the Caretaker, he who reads and knows the records. I can bring you to him."

"Good," said Theron. "Finally something is going our way...for once."

"But I do not understand," Caesar said, finally speaking up. "What about the darkness you sensed, Lord Volund? I sensed it as well."

"Perhaps it was a mistake," the Sleipmon offered.

"It was no mistake," growled a dark and terrible voice. The Avengers turned to find an enormous DexDorugoramon standing atop the ice cliffs. The monstrous dragon let out a terrible roar and a swarm of DexDorugamon and DexDoruGreymon poured out of the sky. "The Black King sends his regards..."

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
(OOC: NOT AGAIN! (Quotes Ajax) Can't we have one evil-free day?!)

Osiris snarled as a DexDorugamon pounced at him, only to be impaled by his spear in but an instant.

"Blazing Spear!" the Raihimon snarled, watching the infernal beast burn for a solid ten seconds before it exploded into data, by which time Osiris was barely holding off another three with his shield alone.

Gatmuz growled and struck a great DexDoruGreymon with his claws, ripping at its decayed flesh. However, the hideous parody of a noble DoruGreymon gave a chilling roar.

"Bloody Cave!" it growled, slamming its jagged horn into Gatmuz and tossing him into the side of the cliff.

"METAL METEOR!"

Gatmuz was barely able to avoid the immense sphere of dark metal the raging monster hurled at him. Even then, jagged ice slashed him from the impact point, making him snarl in pain as rivulets of blood ran from the wounds, desecrating his armour.

"Damn you!" he growled, standing proud, cloak flapping in the wind as he called on his Burst Mode.

"Chilling honour, shrouding night, become stronger than before, a star so deathly bright! When hope fades away, call upon the light, thus transform, overwhelm the Black King's might! Burst Evolution! MirageGaogamon Burst Mode!"

He leapt for the demonic dragon, spinning his staff in his grip as he planted his feet into the ground and jumped, landing on its neck. The enraged creature shrieked and thrashed, trying to strike him with the barbed point of its tail.

"LUNA HOOK SLASHER!" Gatmuz called, swinging at the thrashing tail and slicing the lethal point off its tip. The DexDoruGreymon howled and thrashed even more.

It screamed as it suddenly impaled its foot on the very barb it had once wielded.

Oh, the irony.

"FULL MOON METEOR IMPACT!" Gatmuz roared, bringing the mace end of his staff down and caving in the creature's skull with an almighty blow.

It exploded into data even as Gatmuz leapt for another, this one lunging for Nova...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
(OOC: Is Nova still unconscious?)

Erebus growled. "Do not tell me what to do, Ajax," he warned before straightening up and flying towards Volund.

Then he heard a voice filled with hate and malice. He quickly turned and saw a DexDorugoramon. "A Black Hand..." he snarled.

Strom spun his tail around, knocking a lunging DexDoruGreymon away/

"Stay behind me at all times!" Strom yelled to Quintus.

"But-"

"DO IT!" the Spinomon growled.

"Fine... Pyro Blast!" Quintus shot a firey sphere at an oncoming DexDorugamon, blasting it out of the air.

"Not bad," Strom said with a grin.

Quintus smiled but kept behind Strom to attack. The dinosaur fired a Blue Prominance that surged straight through a DexDorugreymon. He focused on the leading DexDorugoramon and slowly began plowing his way through the forces towards him...

--------------

Balion drew his sword. "Great Dramon, these things smell worse than dinosaurs!" he exclaimed, dodging a charging DexDoruGreymon with ease. He leapt above it and hacked the digimon down the middle. "Weak too!"

He spun around and impaled two DexDorugamon at the same time on his sword. "Hahah! This is almost insultingly easy!"

--------------

Erebus flew over a crowd of DexDorugamon, raking their backs and wings with his claws and Cyber Nail attack. Several plummeted to the ice below. He then rammed himself into a DexDoruGreymon, knocking it backwards.

"Bloody Cave"

The DexDoruGreymon charged forwards attempting to impale Erebus on its jagged horn. The Cyberdramon quickly slide stepped as the bull-like charge missed him.

"Cyber Nail!" he drove his right claw deep into the DexDoruGreymon's side, causing it to howl in pain and come to a stop. Erebus then jumped up to stand on the undead digimon's back.

"Now you die for good... Desolation Claw!" He roared. Erebus fired blades of data-erasing energy down into the DexDoruGreymon's back. It let out a final primal scream before melting away into data.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
The DexDorugoramon roared loudly. It shook the very ice with its roar. It lunged forward, flying low and fast along the ground. It plowed through its own soldiers and slammed into Strom. Though not as large as Belial, the DexDorugoramon was still a bit larger than Strom. He grabbed the Spinomon by his face and dragged him along the ground, grinding his face into the ice as he did. He then flew high into the air and hurled Strom down to the ground. He landed hard on his back. DexDorugoramon then dropped from the sky and slammed down on Strom's belly. He reared back and opened his mouth as power built.

"Rinkazan!" Theron called out. He slashed his swords and two arcs of power ripped into DexDorugoramon. The monster backed away from Strom. Theron quickly evolved into Dorugoramon and met the monster's charge. But the DexDorugoramon was much larger, and manhandled Theron. He slashed with claws and his bladed tail, ripping away chunks of Theron's armor and flesh.

"Metal Impulse!" the monster roared. Power exploded from his maw and crashed into Theron. The power of his evolution was ripped away, and he was tossed through the air, once again in his Gaiomon form. As he started to rise up, the DexDorugoramon raced over and stepped on him.

DexDorugoramon looked out over the battle and saw it wasn't going well for his soldiers. The monster spread its wings as dark power began to build within. It was time to reveal the true strength of the Death-X Digimon.

"The blackest night falls from the skies. The darkness grows as all light dies. I crave your hearts and your demise. By my black hand the dead shall rise!"

Black tendrils of power ripped from the DexDorugoramon and spread throughout the area. They touched down on the dead and dying DexDorugamon and DexDoruGreymon, and the monsters were instantly returned to life. Even those that had been physically destroyed were returned.

"The darkness," Volund whispered in fear. "The living death that walks."

DexDorugoramon let out another roar. He trampled over the ice. He backhanded Quintus, sending the young dragon flying through the air. He lit with dark power as he ran. He trampled over Gatmuz and Erebus, struck Osiris from the air with his tail, swatted Rai and Karasu with tremendous backhands, and drove his entire, massive fist into Balion.

"Damnit," Ajax cursed. He leaped forward, hoping to act, but DexDorugoramon grabbed him in mid-leap. He squeezed hard, hoping to crush the life from Ajax.

Caesar struck. He drove his golden fists into the monster. He bashed in black armor and blasted away crusted and cold flesh. A final Magna Blast threw the dark dragon back, but he rose up again, and his body quickly regenerated, healing his injuries.

DexDorugoramon moved faster than Caesar anticipated. He grabbed the golden knight in his free hand (the other still held Ajax) and smashed Caesar to the ground. Caesar struggled against the monster's grip, but DexDorugoramon was much too strong.

"Dorudiin!" the monster howled. Power ripped from his open maw and engulfed Caesar completely. For the first time, the golden knight let out a roar of absolute agony. When the flames died down it was apparent that DexDorugoramon had also completely disintegrated his hand, but seconds later the hand was regrown, and the DexDorugoramon turned his attention back to Ajax.

He lifted the knight and slammed him to the ground over and over again. With a desperate roar, Ajax managed to free himself from the dark dragon's grip, but DexDorugoramon simply swung his deadly tail and sent Ajax flying.

He didn't rise up.

DexDorugoramon, satisfied with his handiwork, stalked over to the rest of the Avengers. They were regaining their bearings after he had stormed through them, but he wouldn't allow that for much longer. Theron, Ajax, and even Caesar were out of the picture. The black dragon beast roared.

"I am Nidhogg. I am the living death that walks," the black dragon rasped. "Tearer of corpses. Devourer of the dead. Reaper of souls. I am the black beast beneath Yggdrasil, forever ripping at the heart of the world. I am the ravager, the vanguard of the Black King. For all serve Dracul Samhain. He is the will and the way...and he will not be denied!" Nidhogg let out a roar that shook the very sky. It cracked and burned and cried out in agony...

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Gatmuz groaned and stood, barely retaining his Burst Mode under the powerful blow Nidhogg had dealt him.

He snarled in fury at the colossal beast before him as he took flight, shining with intense golden aura. If this thing thought it was the victor...

It had another thing coming.

"FINAL MIRAGE BURST!"

Golden aura exploded from Gatmuz and ripped into Nidhogg, searing away his decayed flesh, ravaging his form with pure sacred light.

Gatmuz roared "TOWARDS OUR FUTURE!"

As the blast faded, he saw the extent of the damage. Half of Nidhogg's face had been torn away, grotesquely revealing bloody flesh beneath. The skin edging the terrible crater of missing flesh was blackened and burned, as was much of the beast's chest and wings.

But even as Gatmuz smirked, the flesh regenerated. Nidhogg gave a terrifying laugh.

"I am living Death," he said "you believe your power can destroy me?"

"So you fancy yourself as Death, Black Hand?" Osiris growled, ascending to Gatmuz's height and standing slightly in front of the MirageGaogamon Burst Mode. "You fancy yourself as a reaper of souls? If you believe yourself Death... then prepare to know the truth."

"What truth, Avenger?" Nidhogg snarled.

"That you are not Death," Osiris murmured "I AM!" His eyes flashed with power as he reached for his inner Darkness, the might of AncientSphinxmon...

"Frozen darkness, blackest heart, thus become Death, soul torn apart! I call to you, lost spirits of hate, come to me, defy your FATE! Ancient Evolution! AncientSphinxmon!"

He emerged from the darkness as AncientSphinxmon, roaring at Nidhogg. The DexDorugoramon snarled in response.

"I am the God of Death," Osiris spoke in harsh tones "and you...you are NOTHING!"

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Nidhogg laughed. A bone-chilling sound. It was a laugh that cracked and splintered the ice. It was a laugh that burnt the sky. He spread his terrible wings and opened his terrible maw. Around him, his soldiers joined in the laugh, an unholy, unliving chorus of soulless laughter.

"You are not death," Nidhogg laughed. "You are but a pale immitation of one who danced with and worshiped death. You only wield his power." He looked to Osiris and Gatmuz, both at the fullest of their power. "Your power. Give it to me. I wish to feast on it."

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
(Nidhogg is SO creepy. Give me your power so I can feast on it? (shudders))

"NEVER!" Osiris roared "DARK ROAR!"

He unleashed a great sphere of darkness from his maw, the blast striking Nidhogg and exploding. The DexDorugoramon emerged through the smoke and smashed Osiris down with a great fist, a cry of pain escaping the Ancient's mouth as he was crushed into the ice.

Nidhogg stepped on Osiris, grinding him futher into the ice with the heel of his foot.

"This is 'the God of Death'," he said "ground underfoot, crushed like an insect."

"Off him!" Gatmuz roared, charging and raising his staff "FULL MOON METEOR IMPACT!"

The mace end of his weapon struck, tossing Nidhogg's head back. The DexDorugoramon was forced back a step, revealing Osiris as Cerberumon, crushed into the ice below.

Gatmuz gritted his teeth and snarled at Nidhogg.

"You'll pay for that!" he growled "LUNA HOOK SLASHER!"

He assailed Nidhogg, tearing rents in the beast's flesh with the crescent blade end of his staff, the wounds leaking some form of blood with the consistency of tar, soon sealing the cuts as quickly as Gatmuz ripped them open.

Nidhogg roared, opening his great maw.

"Dorudiin!" he roared.

Power blasted from his gaping maw, crushing Gatmuz and drawing screams from theMirageGaogamon as he was tossed to the ground and smashed against the ice. Blood poured from cuts as shards of ice opened them...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Strom cringed. His face burned with numbing pain and he was thoroughly winded. "Sovereigns... This guy is tough..." Strom saw Quintus hurled to the ground and he rushed over to his aid. "Quintus!" he managed to say through a quick growly whisper.

The Growlmon groggily got to his hands and knees. "Ugh... Did I just get hit by a Jagamon herd?"

Strom grinned and helped him to his feet. "Stay back. I'm going to take care of this scum..." he said with a growing zeal in his tone. He began storming towards Nidhogg.

Erebus flipped to his feet and quickly looked every which way to see where Nidhogg went to. He flew upwards and sped as quickly as he could towards him. Erebus knew that he couldn't take down Nidhogg as he was, but he wasn't sure if he had what it took to make it to the next level yet.

"Cyber Nail!" he roared, hacking in vain at the DexDorugoramon.

The Black Hand easily felled Erebus and kicked him across the ice. The Cyberdramon slid past Strom, who was digging his claws far into the ice as he charged mercilessly towards Nidhogg. The Spinomon grinned with a bloodlust and he lunged onto the DexDorugoramon's back. He slashed viciously at the wings and he chomped forwards, digging his teeth into Nidhogg's shoulder and biting down with several tonnes of pressure. He felt the digimon's tainted blood in his mouth and he cringed at the awful taste.

Nidhogg growled in pain and threw his head backwards. He swung his mace-like tail around and bashed Strom in the side of the head, causing him to loosen his grip on Nidhogg. Again he bashed Strom with his tail and again until the Spinomon could hold on no longer. Strom roared in pain and stumbled backwards, letting go on his foe.

"Hahah..." Nidhogg suggested sadistically. "You have a real determination, don't you? That won't save you."

He unleashed a staggering punch on Strom's face, that caused the Spinomon to fly back a surprising distance.

Strom growled and got to his hands and knees. "Take this, b*stard! Blue Prominance!" The Spinomon fired a titanic blue beam from his mouth- much larger than usual- at Nidhogg. The DexDorugoramon merely smirked and didn't even try to dodge it. He winced as the attack singed his shoulder, but he remained grinning, taking a few steps towards Strom.

Strom's eyes widened. "... No... Impossible! How can he still be standing?! I gave all that I had with that attack!"

"Heheh..." he chuckled. "My turn..." Nidhogg began building up an enormous amount of energy in his mouth. The measure of energy that he was building up was clear to Strom that he wanted a surefire kill from this attack. "Dorudiin!"

"No..." Strom whispered to himself.

A terrifyingly powerful beam launched from Nidhogg's mouth and towards Strom. The Spinomon braced himself. He heard the crackle of the energy get closer and closer to him. He knew that in a few milliseconds he would be dead. A couple seconds later, Strom found that he was alive and that the crackling had stopped.

The Spinomon opened his eyes and looked forwards. Quintus was standing in front of him, facing Nidhogg. His legs trembled slightly. Strom noticed smoke coming from his front. Quintus collapsed to his knees and then he fell forwards onto his chest. He had taken the attack for Strom.

"...Quintus? Quintus?!" Strom yelled, rushing forwards to him.

He rolled the Growlmon over to find a hole in his chest. Strom quickly held onto him. Quintus gave him a light grin. "S-... Sorry, buddy..."

"No..."

Quintus' body broke apart into particles leaving Strom sitting there alone.

"No..."

Pain.

Searing pain in his hand.

He grimaced. The most pain of all was inside of him.

Ragna...

Braon...

The others who he knew less...

And now Quintus...

"...Why?" he thought. "Why... WHY DO MY FRIENDS KEEP DYING?!" he roared louder than he possibly could. He felt tears enter his eyes. His sorrow was quickly overcome by rage. Rage that he has only felt once before. "YOU'LL PAY WITH YOUR LIFE! I'LL RIP YOU APART DATA PARTICLE BY DATA PARTICLE!"

Piercing rays of blue light shot from the scars on his hand. Strom was embracing the power he was previously afraid to tap into. He allowed it to flow through him and take him over. It coursed through his veins. Strom opened his previously shut eyes to reveal that his golden eyes had turned into a penetrating emerald colour.

"Through the scars of the blazing Wyrmflame, ascend me th’ground with exalted wings and draconic vein! Carry me to avenge the fallen and deliver justice! The future awaits us! Drake Evolution!"

Strom's stature decreased in size and form. His scales turned into a crimson red colour. His horns grew larger and sharper. Enormous wings armoured with red digizoid emerged from his back and a large lance, crackling with energy appeared in his right hand. Both Balion and Erebus looked over with surprise and curiousity.

"Examon!"

The light dissapated. the red draconic Royal Knight cracked his neck and looked forwards at Nidhogg.

"Your death shall be slow and agonizing. Enjoy your last moments before I send you to Hellfire."

Last edited: