• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Data Squad (Eng.)/Digimon Savers (Jp.)

Lies. Not even Sonic the Hedgehog could compete with the cheese and nonsense that was the dub theme.

At least they tried, unlike 'DIGIMON, DIGITAL MONSTAS, DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS!' 'DIGI DIGI, DIGIMON!'

Anzua2

At least they tried, unlike 'DIGIMON, DIGITAL MONSTAS, DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS!' 'DIGI DIGI, DIGIMON!'

If trying actually meant something in this world, we'd all be rich. They tried...and failed. Miserably.

If trying actually meant something in this world, we'd all be rich. They tried...and failed. Miserably.

Trying and failing miserably is still better than not trying and failing miserably, because you at least know that you attempted to not make it a miserable failure, unlike the other example.

Anzua2

The original dub theme wasn't as horrible of a failure and, therefore, is still better. Effort makes no difference.

Say I wrote a crappy song. Say my friend wrote a crappy song that was slightly better than mine, even though he wasn't trying. I put effort in fine-tuning mine. He didn't. His song is still better.

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
Lies. Not even Sonic the Hedgehog could compete with the cheese and nonsense that was the dub theme.

Eh? Frontier's dub theme wasn't half bad. It's no 'Fire!!', but it was decent.

As for Savers, er, Data Squad, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that we are getting a new theme. And they really have no reason to go back to the original Digimon theme after switching it for Frontier.

The original dub theme wasn't as horrible of a failure and, therefore, is still better. Effort makes no difference.
I don't see how it was less of a failure, but it still doesn't change the fact that it was just one phrase repeated over and over again with a small phrase inserted in the middle, which isn't something to laud over an OP that was actually an attempt at an OP.

Say I wrote a crappy song. Say my friend wrote a crappy song that was slightly better than mine, even though he wasn't trying. I put effort in fine-tuning mine. He didn't. His song is still better.

The fact that he didn't put any effort whatsoever into it means that it probably won't end up better than yours, unless he is just a natural born composer in which case your example would be pretty biased.

Anzua2

Let me put it this way:

One makes my ears bleed. The other doesn't. I'm picking the one that doesn't make me hit mute.

Anzua2

I thought he was speaking at a rather normal volume. Frontier's theme song features a punkrock reject yelling nonsense and cheese to decent music.

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
I thought he was speaking at a rather normal volume. Frontier's theme song features a punkrock reject yelling nonsense and cheese to decent music.

I like the first dub theme, to be honest, but what you just discribed sounds more like like Adventure's Dub theme >>

Reimei

King Stone Flash!
You know, if they'd have tried making an english version of Butterfly I might just have lost my weeaboo factor at an earlier age.

Damn, I ****ing love that song, hell I'm listening to it right now!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
The theme was ok. The series wasn't.

Quoted for lies.

You know, if they'd have tried making an english version of Butterfly I might just have lost my weeaboo factor at an earlier age.

I dunno, and english version of Butterfly might have made you appreciate the original song more. I agree though, the song is awesome.

Anzua2

Brave Heart beats it by a mile.

Brave Heart is godly, especially the remix the German version puts on it.:D

But I really do feel bad to place Butterfly near the bottom rung on the ranks of personal favorite Digimon opener(absolute last would be Going! Going! My Soul! ...Thank god for Hirari.). It's such a classic theme...:(

Last edited:
No, I was saying that it's my least favorite Digimon opening(I would praise Nimoy forever if we got a dub for either Savers opening). Still catchy, though: it's really hard to rank the openings in this animé.:(

Last edited: