• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Data Squad (Eng.)/Digimon Savers (Jp.)

sippy_juice

Anvils are awesome
Well, I have heard that the dubbers have said that they would stick to the original as much as possible. So maybe the new theme will be based on the Japanese theme.
In my opinion, this has the potential to be one of the better dubs out there, or it could completely stink. Guess we'll see on October 1st...

Ryuusei

the sakura trainer~
Meh.

I liked Going! Gou-ing! My Soul!!'s B-Side better instead. It was my favourite song out of the songs that came from the singles of the two OPs.

But my preference anyway...

Too bad I won't get to see it. Though, I'll try searching YouTube to see how good it is or how bad it is.

Razgriz

I've been watching the promos for it lately and I'm a bit impressed with the voice of Touma/Thomas as he sounds mature which does suit him. and Gaomon's voice is very good also. I'm hoping that Jetix doesn't end up screwing up Data Squad.

Last edited:

Prio

I've been watching the promos for it lately and I'm a bit impressed with the voice of Touma/Thomas as he sounds mature and Gaomon's voice is very good also. I'm hoping that Jetix doesn't end up screwing up Data Squad.

Jetix just sucks at advertising their shows, other than that I am not worried.

Chimchar15

Personally, I really like all the openings besides Frontier's 'Fire', and I prefer GGMS to Hirari any day.

I have to disagree with you there. I loved when they started using Hirari, and I also think that the dubs for this season could have been better. I mean c'mon "DNA Charge"?

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Frontier's dub theme rocked.

Agreed. It's the only one I can actually listen to that doesn't make me cringe. Saver's is quite bleh. Whoever thought that the dubbing company would keep the jap openings is an idiot.

WheelerTheViper said:
Eh? Frontier's dub theme wasn't half bad. It's no 'Fire!!', but it was decent.

I honestly thought 'Fire!' was not one of Kouji Wada's best songs. =/ I far prefer 'Butterfly' and 'Biggest Dreamer' as openings.

Anyway, dub!Saver's sounds fine to me. I'm not going to watch it (for reasons including I live in AUS so all I have is YT at the mo, plus I've already seen it in Japanese so there is no point) but it was worth checking out. Digimon has a history of good dubs; I don't think there's any real reason to get too worried.

-;157;